Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:37 am

Post by Uncrowned »

I feel like the whole number thing is a weird thing to pin peta on

Plus the choice of number kinda fits how they've been playing this whole game personality wise tbh

Is there something specific that's pinging you about it?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 625, Dunnstral wrote:I like this wagon
I support the righteous and glorious lilith wagon, but recognize that my efforts have a fairly decent chance of being futile today due to her position in the draft

But i shall continue to pursue my quest regardless
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

I dont really see scum!peta
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:39 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Sorry I meant to say I DON'T like this wagon
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:39 am

Post by petapan »

lmfao
free crypto
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:29 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 552, Uncrowned wrote:Is there a reason you've singled out TGP here while ignoring most of the others slots in the game?
I don't normally comment on stuff I agree with or butt into other people's conversations.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:33 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 553, Hoopla wrote:i also just realised jackson virgo is in the group of 4's. this is shocking play on my part. there's no way i'm executing from that bracket on D1.
More focus on posting and less on numbers.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:35 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 559, Hoopla wrote:there is max one scum amongst us 4's, unless a zany gambit is afoot.
If there are multiple 4's, one of them would want to make this argument.
If I had rolled scum I totally planned to talk the team into doubling or tripling just to break the numbers game.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:37 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 561, Uncrowned wrote:Hoopla's joining of your wagon though makes me believe that if one of you is scum, the other will not be.
Nah, never underestimate the power of an early bus. It's basically without risk and can establish anti-associatives if too many people think this way.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

This focus on doubles/multiples is boring and wifom-y
Show
Hiatus once more.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:40 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 584, skitter30 wrote:
In post 576, Hoopla wrote:dunnstral - played a game as scum against him recently, and he was a dominant voice on D1 that seemed quite obviously town. granted, i had confirmed info that game which can sometimes trick you into thinking someone is more town than they actually are, but i haven't seen similar town energy from him yet.
He has towngames like the one you describe, but he also has towngames where he's more underwhelming and absent

I approve of your assessment of me : thumbsup:
My experience is mostly the underwhelming games.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:41 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

to clarify, and give better reasons for my reads since a lot of people have been questioning/attacking my posting: I strongly think Penguin is scum because of his interactions with other players in the game, as well as reasons I cannot talk about because of ongoing games.
In post 576, Hoopla wrote:she also tricked me into attacking a fellow member of the 4 bracket!
I also, separately, read Hoopla as scum because of her vote hopping and what looks to be a very opportunistic mindset where the goal is miselimination rather than scum hunting and finding town, and in that regard, the above quote is really bad - you shouldn't be "tricked" into attacking people unless your reads aren't actually genuine.

Finally, I think the probability of them being scum
together
is extremely high to the point where if i'm right on hoopla, penguin is almost guaranteed scum. this is due to three reasons - first, Penguin's interaction with Hoopla in as well as Hoopla's ignoring of Penguin. second, they both chose the number 4. which leads into the third reason:

hoopla has done a TON of work this game convincing people that there's max one scum in the 4s. if there is one scum, and she's town, then eliminating randomly in the 4s (1/3) has a better chance of hitting scum than eliminating randomly in the rest of the PL (1/5).
sure, there might be 0 scum, but the especially problematic part is that she COMPLETELY ignores the 4s for reads purposes. thus, i think the scumteam including penguin and hoopla is extremely likely, and I also think that that third member of the scumteam ISN'T a 4 (because having 2 members as 4s and 1 member outside that group seems most reasonable from a scum!hoopla perspective). i would wager that this is a scum gambit that backfired because both me and JV also chose 4, therefore catapulting the two to the bottom of the draft pick instead of somewhere around the middle where they otherwise would be.

VOTE: hoopla thinking about it more, not only am i inclined to believe hoopla is strongly scum from the above, i also believe that Hoopla flipping red absolutely condemns Penguin whereas the opposite is not necessarily the case, and so this is a better elimination for today.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:42 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 590, JacksonVirgo wrote:I don't like the fact they refuse to read in the 4s or whatnot, I feel that's just stupid for town to do.
Exactly, the numbers should be the last thing on our minds d1. It doesn't actually become relevant until someone early in the draft doesn't get NK'd.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:44 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 594, JacksonVirgo wrote:Is there a world where all the PRs are active btw?
I have not looked at all previous runs, but AFAIK there has always been at least one PR that is not chosen in the draft.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:47 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 612, JacksonVirgo wrote:Get fucked Hoopa I now have the cake!
It doesn't appear on my browser, so I think it shows based on the client-side timestamp. Happy scumday in advance I guess? :giggle:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:50 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 544, JacksonVirgo wrote:Uh, what? Natural is not a convoluted way of saying good.
Yes, but that's not the point.

The point is faking reads as scum isn't hard, because they don't have to be super nuanced and complex-- because usually town's reads are not all that nuanced or complex.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:51 am

In post 553, Hoopla wrote:i also just realised jackson virgo is in the group of 4's. this is shocking play on my part. there's no way i'm executing from that bracket on D1.

i apologise to jackson virgo for my overeagerness.
You think that bracket is likely to be all town?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:52 am

Post by PenguinPower »

tgp
<(") | (")>
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:53 am

In post 565, Uncrowned wrote:sorry to be self-indulgent but do you have any thoughts on Post 552
It seems mostly accurate and I would like to hear a response from dave if he hasn't given one yet.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:58 am

In post 583, skitter30 wrote:Except town!her usually brings a lot more content, is more focused, doesn't ask inane questions which basically dont go anywhere (but this is something she does as scum!), and is capable of quickly becoming an obvtown force to be reckoned with
Maybe?

I don't feel like she exhibited these characteristics that much in the last game I played with her. She did become obvtown but like on D4 after I died, and I died still being paranoid of her.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:01 am

In post 594, JacksonVirgo wrote:Is there a world where all the PRs are active btw?
I took some stats on this setup a little while back. (I can link them if anyone's curious.) They don't directly answer this but I think from collecting them I recall this happening only a few times out of 15. Usually at least one is missed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:05 am

In post 601, petapan wrote:you seem to be commenting on a lot of trivial things
I mean, they're just commenting on a lot of things, full stop.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:07 am

In post 637, TheGoldenParadox wrote:if i'm right on hoopla, penguin is almost guaranteed scum.
Wouldn't it make more sense to vote PP first then?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:10 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Their answer is in the same post
In post 637, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i also believe that Hoopla flipping red absolutely condemns Penguin whereas the opposite is not necessarily the case, and so this is a better elimination for today.
<(") | (")>

Return to “Completed Open Games”