Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:50 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 773, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 684, Tayl0r Swift wrote:hmm what in those math posts makes math scum all of a sudden? because i see them as largely NAI fluffposts. the one serious post was fence-sitty but mostly in a "im not gonna generate any content at all" way.
I feel like this tone doesn't match the confidence.
yes because the post youre quoting is about math. im confident about my scumreads. the two arent related very much.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:51 am

Post by DkKoba »

zdenek is just not playing the game i feel. Their tone isnt towny either so theyre in my poe still
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 775, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 773, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 684, Tayl0r Swift wrote:hmm what in those math posts makes math scum all of a sudden? because i see them as largely NAI fluffposts. the one serious post was fence-sitty but mostly in a "im not gonna generate any content at all" way.
I feel like this tone doesn't match the confidence.
yes because the post youre quoting is about math. im confident about my scumreads. the two arent related very much.
I mean this seems like an attempt to start a discussion, but the people you’re discussing with are confident scumreads.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

mhmm. but not all of them are. and im still trying to make sure im not crazy. and if they are scum then i want to force them to say incriminating things.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ok that makes sense
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 683, shellyc wrote:balt what is the progression on me? If you SR'd me do you think I bussed by starting that wagon?
Did I answer this?

Im still a bit skeptical of you, but flash wagoning math was protown. I don't think I'd want yeet you today, even though I said that earlier. Willing to hear you out some more and see if I was wrong earlier
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:07 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 386, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 382, Andresvmb wrote:Koba where are you? I think there’s some chance shellyc is Scum here hahaha
I won't take this as an insult I wasn't mentioned.

I'd yeet shelly or geraintm today. You got a preference?
@VPB, as I’ve been catching up, I have noticed your early intense focus on geraintm (which I somewhat shared but then I moved away because it just didn’t seem like Scum would play like that D1), which is giving me pause. I also think that this narrowing of the pool for a vote D1 that you were trying to do here does not sit all that well with me, but I was trying to figure out how I felt about the game state in general before coming at you. I think you had somewhat of an overreaction with shellyc, and I think that pushing a slot that is really not providing much content to the level that you are, make me lean Scum on you to be totally honest.

I also think there was a meek attempt at distancing possibly between JacksonVirgo and VPB that I would pay some attention to (). And the reason I’m calling it distancing is because I do think that Koba was right - there’s something funny about how JacksonVirgo retracted that test on shellyc. The issue at that time wasn’t the fake claim itself (which in context is fine since multiple people have fake claimed DayCop, DayVig, Loyal Neighbourizer, etc.), but the quick retraction. So providing multiple examples of how people on another site never take fake claims from JV seriously just seemed overly self-conscious.

Anyway, I wanted to provide some explanations for those early thoughts I put out. Still reading.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:10 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Also Tayl0r I have you down as Town. But I think you’re take on my reads is just weird. I can so easily be wrong. I had the game entirely backwards in the last game I played here. At least I had some of the associatives right, but literally my reads were upside down. So it’s entirely possible I have it just wrong and you’re reads are spot on. But the immediate conclusion that I can’t be opposite your reads, and therefore I’m Scum, seems kind of strange to me.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Andresvmb »

One other interaction that I spent some time thinking about was the Marky Mark / Koba interaction where Koba brushes off some criticism from Mark by asking him not to misrep them. What I really thought was interesting was how many times Marky Mark decided to return to the point that Koba was being Scummy by not specifically pointing out where Mark was in fact misrepresenting them. In effect Mark makes the argument initially that Koba could be doing something that Mark does as Scum, which is to post a lot to obfuscate or hide the more important points (or something to that effect). I just thought it was obvious what Koba was taking issue with. So I don’t get the need to also make the additional point that it’s bad that Koba didn’t specifically signal how they disagreed. I mean, the point was put forth by Mark. If anything, they are the ones who have to prove it. And as far as I could tell, there weren’t any examples put forth. So it was something difficult for Koba to really fight against, yet Mark almost seemed to get overly offended by Koba brushing him off like that.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:18 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Anyway sorry for the long posts. Just trying to be thorough.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 394, shellyc wrote:
In post 382, Andresvmb wrote:Koba where are you? I think there’s some chance shellyc is Scum here hahaha
Andres you can never read me correctly

Projecting a confident tone is strictly nai
This is absolutely true. At least initially. I think I need to be sure that I’m playing against the Town version of you first. I just don’t have a baseline. All I’ve seen you do is be Scum twice, and win both times against me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:25 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 781, Andresvmb wrote:I also think that this narrowing of the pool for a vote D1 that you were trying to do here does not sit all that well with me,
I typically try to narrow the pool D1 to keep it productive. Too broad of a focus leads to very long D1s, imo. And that is not helpful (at least to me) later in the game when I want to do lots of rereading and refresh my understanding after some flips.

Is it scummy to you beyond the idea that everyone should be on the table D1? (Which, I think if you're being honest with yourself probably isn't really true, but whatever)
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 470, shellyc wrote:
In post 469, Andresvmb wrote:If geraintm’s contributions don’t add up for me later in the game by all means. I just don’t get the point. There’s not even an attempt at reading other players. I will also say though that playing only based on the limited information that you get from votes and flips tends not to work for me.
ah, classic tstbs

Andres is your vote because I'm apparently really self confident when that's strictly NAI
I am actually more positive on your slot shellyc now that I’ve read more carefully. Still somewhat unsure but more positive.

And it’s not too Scummy to be Scum. Others have already confirmed that geraintm actually approaches D1s like this consistently. So it’s NAI and we should consider looking elsewhere.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:39 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 786, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 781, Andresvmb wrote:I also think that this narrowing of the pool for a vote D1 that you were trying to do here does not sit all that well with me,
I typically try to narrow the pool D1 to keep it productive. Too broad of a focus leads to very long D1s, imo. And that is not helpful (at least to me) later in the game when I want to do lots of rereading and refresh my understanding after some flips.

Is it scummy to you beyond the idea that everyone should be on the table D1? (Which, I think if you're being honest with yourself probably isn't really true, but whatever)
My point is a little more nuanced than this. Yes, narrowing down the choices for D1 is what we’re all trying to do. It just seemed overly narrow to me. And I must say, it’s not all that different to how you played Scum when I had to face you last time (though you were maybe a bit more aggressive in that game). Not suggesting you have a narrow range as Scum btw (can’t know that, and I have respect for your game). But you will forgive me for being skeptical of your slot here, yeah?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:42 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 788, Andresvmb wrote:But you will forgive me for being skeptical of your slot here, yeah?
Yeah, the feeling is mutual.

And I try my best to play my scum and town style similar. Doesn't help me as town, but it's the best approach for my overall win rate (which isn't that good anyhow lol)
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 518, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 517, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 513, Not_Mafia wrote:I'm town btw
Thanks. Thoughts on the game so far?
They're still developing
Hey @Not_Mafia. I presume you don’t have any intention of voting anyone but yourself today yeah?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 525, VP Baltar wrote:Also, for anyone who has played with not_mafia....what was your experience? Do they become useful at some point later in the game if they are town?
I have something to add here about Not_Mafia, since we’ve played together on another forum (several times). I already think they’re Town. I don’t know that you’re going to get much more from them actually, but they definitely can be useful. They tend not to be, but they won’t completely self-sabotage the Town either.

Also, I see @Not_Mafia you’ve been somewhat censored over here haha that’s a shame.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 791, Andresvmb wrote:I already think they’re Town.
I'm assuming this is some secret meta read you don't want to explain?
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:01 am

Post by Andresvmb »

VOTE: JacksonVirgo
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:03 am

Post by Andresvmb »

They’ve posted three reads, and stated simply that they were Town. For Not_Mafia, that’s actually pretty good.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I also think Jackson’s push against Koba (around ) is Scummy. They tried to argue that there was a meaningful difference between Koba’s play in the game VPB quoted, and this one, while barely skimming through Koba’s ISO. Infinity immediately demonstrated that Jackson’s take was deceiving.

I’ll be honest, I can understand why Koba’s play is seen as abrasive. I mean it just is. That doesn’t justify half baked arguments against Koba.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 552, Infinity 324 wrote:Jackson, I'd have to look at that game more closely, the posts in that spoiler have lots of different tones which range from lighter suspicions or thinking about who could be scum to things like "you're misrepping me" which I read as pretty direct. I saw some places in the other game where they were less confident too, though tbf maybe it wasn't in the same way.

Jackson feels towny from this
Sigh. What? You think trying to raise the temperature and not recognizing the similarities that VPB is openly saying exist between Koba’s Town game and approach here is Towny? Did I miss something?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 795, Andresvmb wrote:I also think Jackson’s push against Koba (around 542) is Scummy. They tried to argue that there was a meaningful difference between Koba’s play in the game VPB quoted, and this one, while barely skimming through Koba’s ISO. Infinity immediately demonstrated that Jackson’s take was deceiving.
I'd co-sign this. It was definitely a misrep to say Koba's play here is different from the game I linked. Could be confbias, but it's a bullshit take either way.
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Oy okay I am reading Koba’s push on Tayl0r and I can’t say that I like it. I do really think Tayl0r is Town. Or at least, I think they have a good sense for the game. If they’re putting out a POE of 5 people, even if you’re in it Koba, I would pay some attention to it.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:34 am

Post by VP Baltar »

OK, so here is what I think is wrong with NDmath.

Biggest issue I see is a lot of IIoA posting and just general wall paper existence.

This early on post is a prime example of what I mean:
In post 196, NDMath wrote:
In post 194, DkKoba wrote:ndmath how do u read the last 3 pages?
There's pressure on shelley infinity and geraintm during the last three pages.
Shelley's been responding in what I think is slightly scumindicative for them.
I don't have a read on infinity.
Geraint hasn't given anything yet.

Also Jackson's fake claim is interested, but probably nai.
Math is asked how he reads a situation and recites a general fact that there is pressure happening and then gives a kind of softball read of shelly that seems to justify where his RVS vote was already at.

Further point against Math is that he feels like he is trying to pocket me and basically only interacts around shelly. I just don't like the stagnation on this slot.

Really unclear why Taylor and andres were so eager to defend what is pretty milquetoast play so far.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”