Mini 2167: Illicit Substances Mafia (Game Over!)

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #7850 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Which conclusion?
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7851 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Morph I think scum is muffin or Bork

That’s my bottom line. I think I could see scum muffin not wanting to drag it out until a you him bell cylo where bell is liable to vote him and you guys are a coin flip. I could also seen this be a galaxy brain call from muffin.

And I’m aware I am somehow simultaneously under and over estimating him and no I don’t understand how I’m doing it
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #7852 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 7851, Secret Tunnel wrote:Morph I think scum is muffin or Bork
So do I, and I worry that drawing this out into a bizarro form of xylem or elo (will there ever be a standard vocabulary around this?) will make it mechanically difficult (or impossible) for town to win.
That’s my bottom line. I think I could see scum muffin not wanting to drag it out until a you him bell cylo where bell is liable to vote him and you guys are a coin flip. I could also seen this be a galaxy brain call from muffin.

And I’m aware I am somehow simultaneously under and over estimating him and no I don’t understand how I’m doing it
I feel like if scum-muffin wants to get the game over with, he didn't have to come up with this plan. I thought the momentum was moving in his direction before he posted it. As a galaxy brain call, I'd be beyond impressed that he could predict the ripple patterns from dropping a rock into already disturbed water.

I have a little more to say, but I'd like to sync first in case neuterhalf talks me out of it.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #7853 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:56 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Neuterhalf isn't talking me out of it.

I'll hate myself if I'm wrong. I'm not really scumreading bork beyond feeling paranoid about his role and the yeets, but I'm super worried that we'll set things up for the wrong person to hammer him in elo.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7854 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

if i were scum who didn't want to drag out the game, why would i bother suggesting a plan for after i'm dead lol? id just not post

you could argue "gambit" though
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7855 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:42 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

o fferycabd already said

back to work
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7856 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

realistically speaking, you could suggest i'm doing this as a form of gambit, like i thought "if it works, it works, if it doesn't, it doesn't" which is what it appears bell is suggesting i might have done

even though that's kind of silly because i'd have to assume people would somehow not want me to be one of the people voted out before lylo and also not be the one to hammer, even though i've said i think it's bork and i'd have to what? somehow reverse that read and convince the other person in lylo to hammer instead of me even if i made it that far?

*shrug*

let's not pretend there's any possibility i'm scum here, it's just the safe play to eliminate everyone but a single town read unless you think the final scum is like some overpowered removaliser who can also somehow fuck with lylo votes which is incredibly unlikely
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #7857 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I'm worried the removalizer ability itself potentially fucks with elo enough.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #7858 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I mean, I feel like either removalizer can't happen the night before elo, or there is no votefuckery and we just don't know when we hit the last gameday.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #7859 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by morph the cat »

UNVOTE:
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7860 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Hypothetically if they were to remove Bork in cylo wouldn’t that just confirm he’s town under the “can’t selftarget” premise

So we just treat him as clear and just clown whoever’s left between the two not confirmed?
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7861 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Or if they yeet one of the non confirmed then there’s a confirmed and a not confirmed and the not confirmed has to hammer him
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #7862 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Who would get yeeted though? Bork or Maid?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #7863 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Assuming April and Bulge are the N4, N5 NKs. Which I suppose isn't for sure?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #7864 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by morph the cat »

How would this have worked if there had been an N2 NK?
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7865 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:29 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

I think this setup was designed around the assumption that role interaction will cause a universal rolestop one night so I’m pretty sure it was expected to miss a kill
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7866 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Morph say cylo is

Me
Bell
Maid
Bork

Now, scum can yeet maid as expected in which case we proceed as planned.

Scum can yeet Bork to prevent him from confirming but therefore confirming he is town bc this role likely can’t selftsrget

Scum can yeet me or bell in which case whoever is left in the pool with maid and Bork has to hammer Bork
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7867 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

Snd if it’s the one in the middle it comes down to maid which I don’t really think is ideal but it is what it is
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #7868 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:38 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 7865, Secret Tunnel wrote:I think this setup was designed around the assumption that role interaction will cause a universal rolestop one night so I’m pretty sure it was expected to miss a kill
Plus a white mage, though maybe both protections were expected to be sucked into the lightning rod on N1? It seems like the setup has to work in both scenarios. I guess it does work, but there would be less of an option to abuse it if we came down to a final 4 instead of a final 3.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7869 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:52 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

if the white mage role works like the lightning rod role then he would have had his shot "refunded" presumably if it got sucked into the vortex n1 (so it would have basically been even night instead of odd night)

or at least that's what i'd guess is the design intent? either that or "TROLOLOL WOULDNT IT BE FUNNY TO INCLUDE A LIGHTNING ROD" with little further thought from nacho
Secret Tunnel
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Secret Tunnel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7870 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Secret Tunnel »

See muffins post. We’re on the same page.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7871 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 7859, morph the cat wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: Bork
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #7872 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Bell »

It's bork or muffin with Morph an outside chance due to stall for trajectory save.

I just don't think role shenangians outside the current role shenigans makes much if any sense.

An alien is a weird role.
Extra weird would be alien X-win button in elo.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7873 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

im kind of hoping if it's bork and he legit doesnt have a way to turn it around he'll just concede today and save us the time

but it's theoretically more sound to just vote him out in a xylo scenario
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7874 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

well a way other than "hope they dont vote me in xylo"

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”