Newbie 2038: Elements [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:58 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 1.3
Beryllium, 4Be
— alkaline earth metal, standard atomic weight 9.012, group 2, period 2, s-block

c4e5g3d5
(3): , ,
72offsuit
(2): ,
BipolarType2
(2): ,
hunterr
(1):
Mizzytastic
(1):

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-11-06 06:30:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 93, 72offsuit wrote:1. Your use if the word masquerading implies im not acting in good faith... IE: i have an alterior motive, which only scum has.
Yet you dont put me in among ur 'ppl u want to vote' pool
Vote early for pressure, late for elim. I don't think me voting you changes the results of our interactions much. I think cyl and Bipolar pressure is more likely to create useful info.

Also there are definitely other reasons this could be happening (e.g. Me butthurt and grumpy, you react) than scum alterior motive
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:38 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 94, 72offsuit wrote:This feels like classic newbscum.

Mindset preoccupied with people earning town points, because thats what Mazzy themself are trying to do as scum - trying to appear town.
Are you seriously saying the only reason I could be considering whether or not someone is trying to look town is because I am doing that myself? And not cos we are trying to find the people trying to look town?
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:42 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 95, cylstar wrote:I voted c4 because I didn't necessary like his tone as other people have said. I am considering voting 72 since he seems to be quite defensive. Can someone tell me if that is more scummy?
You didn't say that though. Your reasoning could totally be read as "this is my rvs vote, I only just figured out how to do it."

And the 72 comment sounds like putting out feelers to see if it will go. VOTE: cylstar
In post 98, AGamblingPig wrote:I'm gonna VOTE: Unvote Hunterr

He's not leaning scum for me. With that I will VOTE: vote BiPolar because of the stigma of mental illness.

Just kidding. I'm voting BP because the whole "can I swear" thing and the follow up when it got a response reads enough like newbscum trying to ingratiate themself to the town that I want to explore that possibility with some bandwagoning.
I prefer cyl from the c4 wagon but this is good town thinking. Honestly I don't think they are likely to both be scum and think duelling wagons there could be interesting for sorting.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:07 pm

Post by cylstar »

In post 103, Mizzytastic wrote:
In post 95, cylstar wrote:I voted c4 because I didn't necessary like his tone as other people have said. I am considering voting 72 since he seems to be quite defensive. Can someone tell me if that is more scummy?
You didn't say that though. Your reasoning could totally be read as "this is my rvs vote, I only just figured out how to do it."
It totally was an RVS vote, but the thing that tipped me towards c4 was the reason i stated before. When choosing someone to vote, I don't actually use a random generator or something.
I am sorely tempted to vote Mizzy but I feel like they are more town.

UNVOTE: c4
VOTE: AGamblingPig
This is another RVS vote. Most of the other players I feel are somewhat towny.
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:10 pm

Post by cylstar »

I'm only voting them because they haven't posted that much.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:28 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

That's not RVS then. That's a game related reason for voting him.

Can you give reasons why other people feel townie? I feel like there are players who have said as much or less substantive stuff than Pig
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:12 pm

Post by Egix96 »

Well, do
you
think it is? I feel like you're more concerned with doing the "right" thing than just doing what you feel like.
In post 97, hunterr wrote:
Depends on the player, but it's bait to align based on someone being defensive this early imo. Do you think Mizzy pushing 72 to being defensive is towny then?
What do you mean by "bait to align"?
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 104, cylstar wrote:
It totally was an RVS vote, but the thing that tipped me towards c4 was the reason i stated before. When choosing someone to vote, I don't actually use a random generator or something.

I'm confused by this statement - what's tempting you to vote her?
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:01 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 102, Mizzytastic wrote:
In post 94, 72offsuit wrote:This feels like classic newbscum.

Mindset preoccupied with people earning town points, because thats what Mazzy themself are trying to do as scum - trying to appear town.
Are you seriously saying the only reason
I could be considering whether or not someone is trying to look town is because I am doing that myself? And not cos we are trying to find the people trying to look

If anything I would say this is defensive ++
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:08 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 105, cylstar wrote:I'm only voting them because they haven't posted that much.
If you HAD to kick someone RIGHT NOW, who would you kick?
c4e5g3d5
c4e5g3d5
Townie
c4e5g3d5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:55 am

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

In post 103, Mizzytastic wrote:You didn't say that though. Your reasoning could totally be read as "this is my rvs vote, I only just figured out how to do it."

And the 72 comment sounds like putting out feelers to see if it will go. VOTE: cylstar
So your attacks are:
1. Not immediately stating reasoning, but then doing so when asked, which is a valid attack, uh, never?
2. Asking for affirmation on a read... in a mfn newbie game

I still have more reading to do to catch up but this is just gross. VOTE: Mizzytastic
c4e5g3d5
c4e5g3d5
Townie
c4e5g3d5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:24 am

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

ISOs:

Bipolar -- Nothing particularly telling yet IMO
AGamblingPig -- His only real read so far is his Bipolar read and it's basically a toneread so I don't feel like I can say much here yet.
Mizzy -- Tunneling someone in a vacuum is generally NAI and avoiding tunneling someone is good but Mizzy's treatment of cyl is horribly inconsistent with Mizzy's treatment of me.
hunterr -- Initial vote on me reads as obligatory contribution based on the only thing he can find to talk about. Eventually he gives an actual reason with original thought though so that's nice.
c4 -- Can't read this guy at all
cyl -- Looks like he's genuinely trying to figure out the game.
72 -- Beyond the spam he's doing a good job of being a newbie-stimulating SE.
muh316 -- hmmm
Egix -- See 72 but less so because of the relative shortage of posts.
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:59 am

Post by AGamblingPig »

In post 112, c4e5g3d5 wrote:ISOs:

AGamblingPig -- His only real read so far is his Bipolar read and it's basically a toneread so I don't feel like I can say much here yet.

I'm also getting a sketch vibe from 72, but I can't really explain it at this point, so I haven't talked about. It's probably just gas.
Pathological liar with good intentions.
Queer for your pleasure
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:08 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 112, c4e5g3d5 wrote:muh316 -- hmmm
hmmm
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 112, c4e5g3d5 wrote:cyl -- Looks like he's genuinely trying to figure out the game.
How so? I'm not really getting the same impression.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 114, muh316 wrote:
hmmm
Do you have any other thoughts yet?
hunterr
hunterr
Goon
hunterr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:11 am

Post by hunterr »

In post 104, cylstar wrote:

This reads as if you are apprehensive and don't want to ruin relationships with other players for some reason. You're sorely tempted to vote Mizzy because...? Assumingly, you would vote someone if you felt like they were scum, but then you say that Mizzy feels town in the same sentence. Either I'm not following or your logic is all over the place. Also, can you answer my earlier question (Does Mizzy pushing 72 to being "defensive" make them town or scum?)
hunterr
hunterr
Goon
hunterr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:17 am

Post by hunterr »

In post 107, Egix96 wrote:
Depends on the player, but it's bait to align based on someone being defensive this early imo. Do you think Mizzy pushing 72 to being defensive is towny then?
Just being defensive isn't enough for alignment, it's more about the context. Here, cylstar thinks that defensive 72 = scum, which is why I want to know from him if he thinks aggro Mizzy = town.
hunterr
hunterr
Goon
hunterr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:19 am

Post by hunterr »

In post 111, c4e5g3d5 wrote:
In post 103, Mizzytastic wrote:You didn't say that though. Your reasoning could totally be read as "this is my rvs vote, I only just figured out how to do it."

So your attacks are:
1. Not immediately stating reasoning, but then doing so when asked, which is a valid attack, uh, never?
2. Asking for affirmation on a read... in a mfn newbie game

I still have more reading to do to catch up but this is just gross. VOTE: Mizzytastic
c4 is close to townlock for me from this
hunterr
hunterr
Goon
hunterr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:25 am

Post by hunterr »

We're comfortably out of RVS and have plenty of info to go off of now. VOTE: cylstar please answer my question
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:09 am

Post by cylstar »

In post 118, hunterr wrote:
In post 107, Egix96 wrote:
Just being defensive isn't enough for alignment, it's more about the context. Here, cylstar thinks that defensive 72 = scum, which is why I want to know from him if he thinks aggro Mizzy = town.
Obviously I don't think so in all contexts, but basically yes. I read some of their earlier posts as town. Yes I didn't want to ruin relationships with Mizzy. Mostly because I am sick a lot (including at the time of my last post) and sympathise with them. I can't really remember everything they said at this point. I have played social deduction games in which being defensive is an indication of being scum and some where it isn't.
Now that I'm feeling somewhat better I'm going to be busy catching up on school and won't post much.

What is townlock?
AGamblingPig
AGamblingPig
Goon
AGamblingPig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:25 am

Post by AGamblingPig »

In post 120, hunterr wrote:We're comfortably out of RVS and have plenty of info to go off of now. VOTE: cylstar please answer my question
But my bandwagon.
Pathological liar with good intentions.
Queer for your pleasure
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 114, muh316 wrote:
hmmm
Got anything to add to the game?

What's your read on hunter?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Umlaut »

“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”