geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:47 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 873, Not_Mafia wrote:Geraint is locktown
I hate people when they sprout 100% certainties day 1.
But I will make an exception for this :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

:/
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:54 am

Post by VP Baltar »

YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

not mafia isnt actually playing the game they just purposefully post the bare minimum to annoy ppl and yet we still allow them to play like this (((:
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 874, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 872, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 871, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im not here to defend math. the case is eh. maybe. but this looks a lot like what ive seen from math as town. math is a wallflower who doesnt really do much. i dont know how to sort math and maybe math makes for a good policy lunch, but eh. i think we can probably do better.
I'm open to being persuaded elsewhere. Haven't seen super strong cases today (but it is also D1, so we can only expect so much).

So are you saying you think this is Math's town meta or just his general play all the time, regardless of alignment? Does math usually tunnel?

I'll be curious to see what Math says about gamma's entrance.
i dont think ive seen math play scum. im just saying math always feels lurky and bland to me. i think math's takes as town are generally decent even though they are sparse though. so maybe bad takes = math is scum? not sure about tunneling either. anyway VP this is the sort of engagement re math i was looking for from someone on the wagon. shockingly it came from the person on the wagon i most strongly townread.
This reads as a whole pile of nothing. "I think this but i guess that but also this and that oh yeah weird that this bc i think you are town so yeah"
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:19 am

Post by DkKoba »

taylor still scum btw
retired
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 878, DkKoba wrote:not mafia isnt actually playing the game they just purposefully post the bare minimum to annoy ppl and yet we still allow them to play like this (((:
Ok scum
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:08 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 878, DkKoba wrote:not mafia isnt actually playing the game they just purposefully post the bare minimum to annoy ppl and yet we still allow them to play like this (((:
I'm not opposed to yeeting them because I really don't like condoning shit behavior
YOUR AD HERE

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:15 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Koba, what are your reads atm?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Good evening all and Happy Birthday JV!

Welcome Gamma Emerald, thank you for stepping in to keep the game going :)

from DGB is much appreciated and looks like there is plenty there to unpack - I've had a brief look over it for now and will look through the links more thoroughly at the weekend when I have time.

The point Andres makes in ref the large pool of hard to read players is on the money -> to me, finishing D1 in a good place includes having more engagement from that pool so that we are able to make a more informed read on those slots going into D2.

The interaction between Geraint | Not_mafia is noteworthy here, as is other players' views towards the pair of them:
In post 856, geraintm wrote: I've not played with SCum Not Mafia. I have a hige fear the game they are scum, their playstyle will just let them coast through the game for ages and ages
I'm not sure how self-aware this post is (it may be deliberately ironic), but Geraint is basically also describing himself here.
In post 873, Not_Mafia wrote:Geraint is locktown
Why? Having looked at a couple of his previous games, I certainly don't find him as scummy as I initially did as I can see the lack of engagement in D1 is in character, but I don't see anything in his posts that marks him as town.

@DGB - what differentiates Not_Mafia (top of your townreads) from Geraint (in your scumreads)? Other players' reads have varied for those two, but those that I have been able to find tend to have read both of them as being in a similar place in terms of alignment. IMO they are both in a similar place of engaging with the game in a very limited manner and being very blatant about it although Not_Mafia takes this further.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 882, VP Baltar wrote:
I'm not opposed to yeeting them because I really don't like condoning shit behavior
I'm all for reducing the amount of guesswork in the game and would favour an elim on a less active/engaged slot over a more active one if all other things were even in terms of scuminess.

That being said, we have over a week of time left in D1 should we need it so we don't need to be overly worrying about this at this point (I'm not saying you necessarily are :P)
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Honestly I might rather lim DGB/math than n_m if we're limming a low activity slot, I wanna sheep VP's townread on n_m.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:28 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 534, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 526, Infinity 324 wrote:Generally no
So how does someone read this slot? I mean I guess we can wait a day for a cop or a vig. But that's annoying
Relevant to the above ref hard-to-read players - I would've thought using PRs (vig especially) would be more effective on scummier but more active slots rather than high variance slots. Idk if there's an accepted meta on this though.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:29 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I like using lims on more active slots rather than PRs since it gives more info.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 884, Marky Mark wrote:Why?
He just is
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Marky Mark »

And on that enlightened note from N_M, I'm going to call it a night. Will have limited availability tomorrow but will try and stay afloat and then will look through things more thoroughly at the weekend.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:36 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 885, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 882, VP Baltar wrote:
I'm all for reducing the amount of guesswork in the game and would favour an elim on a less active/engaged slot over a more active one if all other things were even in terms of scuminess.

That being said, we have over a week of time left in D1 should we need it so we don't need to be overly worrying about this at this point (I'm not saying you necessarily are :P)
Yes, I would still rather yeet someone we agree is scummiest.

I think it's a complete waste of a day to some degree to have to yeet n_m, but it is also very annoying behavior to encourage. Last resort for the day if needed I guess
YOUR AD HERE

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:41 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 889, Not_Mafia wrote:
He just is
My pronouns are they them thanks!! Il
retired
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I believe they were talking about gerain

Can you give reads?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:10 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 884, Marky Mark wrote:@DGB - what differentiates Not_Mafia (top of your townreads) from Geraint (in your scumreads)? Other players' reads have varied for those two, but those that I have been able to find tend to have read both of them as being in a similar place in terms of alignment. IMO they are both in a similar place of engaging with the game in a very limited manner and being very blatant about it although Not_Mafia takes this further.
I'm soulmason with Not_Mafia.

Geraint is a one-note whining machine moping about playing the game he signed up for, it's all excuses. Just lazy scum AtE.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:12 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 886, Infinity 324 wrote:Honestly I might rather lim DGB/math than n_m if we're limming a low activity slot
Just wait until I start spamming the game.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 892, DkKoba wrote:
In post 889, Not_Mafia wrote:
He just is
My pronouns are they them thanks!! Il
We were talking about Geraint tyvm, it's not all about you y'know
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: NM
I'll probably always be okay with yeeting him so I'll just park this here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:31 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 895, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 886, Infinity 324 wrote:Honestly I might rather lim DGB/math than n_m if we're limming a low activity slot
Just wait until I start spamming the game.
I'm here specifically for this
YOUR AD HERE

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:33 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 897, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: NM
I'll probably always be okay with yeeting him so I'll just park this here
i dont like this
retired

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”