Newbie 2036 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:01 am

Post by Satisfaction »

@hessian No. I welcome a counterclaim, though. If somebody wants to come forward and tell me I'm lying, I'm willing to put my posts and votes up next to theirs. I'd prefer that not to happen while I am dead, however.
To be a rock and not to roll
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:02 am

Post by hessian »

In post 297, Satisfaction wrote:
In post 294, hessian wrote:I'm not really convinced that Fredrick should be considered confirmed town.
I'm completely back to the drawing board right now and willing to consider that any of my reads could be wrong. When ORAM replaced in we had very similar takes on the game.

Why him and not me for the nightkill? If I recall, we basically had one difference in opinion. Re-reading.
Not to be too self-centered, but... I feel like it could be an attempt to set me up, given that ORAM said he felt uneasy about me, and I also said I didn't know how to feel about ORAM given his case against Gawr/ wiyvern.
I also feel like the Trendall kill could have been an attempt to set me up given our ""conflict"" on D1.
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:03 am

Post by hessian »

Which would make me suspicious of anyone who tried to emphasize the "hessian vs Trendall" angle. IIRC, that's mostly been donkihott? I know Satisfaction mentioned it at the beginning of his D2 post. Don't remember any other instances off the top of my head.
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:06 am

Post by hessian »

I'll be re-reading Satisfaction/ Olivia/ ORAM's posts tonight to see if there's any other possible crumbs in there... either Satisfaction crumbing a different role, or Olivia/ ORAM crumbing a different fellow mason. But given the nature of bread crumbs, failure to find other crumbs is not in and of itself strong evidence for Satisfaction's claim.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:14 am

Post by Satisfaction »

Honestly, you don't have to burn time on verifying me like that. Think about it. We know there must be another mason. I didn't want to reveal now, but I think I'm in danger of being sniped which will blow our last miselim. If my claim is fake, the supposedly real mason would have no reason not to counterclaim me. In this situation you basically just assume I'm telling the truth unless there's a counterclaim because lying here is game-losing for me.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:16 am

Post by donkihott »

In post 299, Satisfaction wrote:
In post 285, donkihott wrote:Good luck with the 50/50
This is an oversimplification.
To me it is not I am confused af hahaha

Tay's argument with Mark was kind of the biggest one. So it is between fred and hessian for me now.

I thought I had a way to clear hessian but unfortunately it is unreliable. Her "last online" status was showing 27 october a couple hours ago but now when she is posting it says 28 october so I don't know if it is broken or I'm interpreting it wrong.

Btw Satisfaction you made my day. I think you expected too much in a newbie game haha. For defending your role against a counterclaim would've been sickkk.

I am 99.99% sure you are the mason though, it is nearly impossible to know both the setup and the other mason that early in the game.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:17 am

Post by donkihott »

UNVOTE:
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:18 am

Post by Fredrick A Campbell »

UNVOTE:
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:19 am

Post by hessian »

In post 305, donkihott wrote:
I thought I had a way to clear hessian but unfortunately it is unreliable. Her "last online" status was showing 27 october a couple hours ago but now when she is posting it says 28 october so I don't know if it is broken or I'm interpreting it wrong.
I think there's an option to hide your online status when you log in? I assume it will affect the "last online" status, specifically so this type of check can't be done.
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:20 am

Post by hessian »

In post 304, Satisfaction wrote:Honestly, you don't have to burn time on verifying me like that. Think about it. We know there must be another mason. I didn't want to reveal now, but I think I'm in danger of being sniped which will blow our last miselim. If my claim is fake, the supposedly real mason would have no reason not to counterclaim me. In this situation you basically just assume I'm telling the truth unless there's a counterclaim because lying here is game-losing for me.
Okay, fair enough. We'll just have to wait for Tayl0r to get here, then.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:42 am

Post by donkihott »

Is it youu? :lol:
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:47 am

In post 310, donkihott wrote:
Is it youu? :lol:
Yes.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:58 am

Post by donkihott »

Does anyone want to counterclaim the mafia PR ? :lol:
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:25 am

Post by Satisfaction »

I am resetting my thinking of who is and is not spewed town and I will be rebuilding that from scratch. I'm still not convinced donkihott is scum, so I must reevaluate.

Gut feelings at the moment
donkihott
: This slot is either town or he is a talented actor. I'm nervous about how he might play in xylo because he's a loose cannon, but that's not enough for me to want to eliminate him. He might just be very slippery. I have had a hard time finding the town motivation in his play. If anybody can help point me to that, I would appreciate it. @donkihott: is there a single towniest thing you think you've done in the game? What is it?

hessian
: I still think this slot is hunting. It's possible that I am biased here because she has presented a view of the game that is similar to mine on a number of occasions. I think what she said about the night kill being designed to shade her is possible. Of course, it's also possible that was her way of getting out in front of something I was going to find when I did the analysis I was describing. Also, I have been townreading hessian from the beginning of the game. scum!hessian might like to have me around on Day 4.

Fredrick
Tayl0r Swift
: I have a playstyle difference with these two. They both tend to act without sharing their intent. I feel like they both play their cards close to their chest, if you will. However, both of them have been willing to clarify when pressed and they have shown cooperation. I trust Tay as a player, and I need her help today. If I don't get it, it's going to point to alignment.

Fred and Tay came out of the gate swinging today, bringing naked votes. A fast Day 3 is bad for town here. Being first or second on a miselim wagon on low hanging fruit like donkihott seems like a position scum would want to be in right now.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:29 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 284, donkihott wrote:
In post 156, donkihott wrote:Sure, I'm Vanilla Townie.
VOTE: hessian

Let's get it over with.
You still think hessian is scum?
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:40 am

Post by Satisfaction »

You know how mad I will be at myself if scum!you wins after you explicitly claim like this? :dead:
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:46 am

Post by Satisfaction »

I would like to hear Tay and Fred's opinions of each other, if you two are willing to share.
Fredrick A Campbell
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Fredrick A Campbell
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:51 am

Still think it is unlikely that Tayl0r Swift pushed her scum partner that hard on day 1.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:56 am

Post by Satisfaction »

I know this is long shot, but... just to float the idea: could Mark have been playing a gambit where his goal from the beginning was to sacrifice himself to towncred his partner?

As I typed that, I lost faith in it more and more. It's possible, but it seems so much more likely that the answer is simpler.
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:58 am

Post by Satisfaction »

The reason it seems super unlikely to me is that they couldn't have known that we didn't have a PR that could stumble into the one remaining scum. It would be such a low percentage play on the scum team's part.
donkihott
donkihott
Goon
donkihott
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:02 am

Post by donkihott »

In post 313, Satisfaction wrote:@donkihott: is there a single towniest thing you think you've done in the game? What is it?
I cold-bloodedly hanged Mark. And how good of an actor a newbie do you think can be? Its just not relevant anymore to suspect me I'm clear as a water drop.
In post 317, Fredrick A Campbell wrote:Still think it is unlikely that Tayl0r Swift pushed her scum partner that hard on day 1.
Who do you think it is then?
In post 318, Satisfaction wrote:I know this is long shot, but... just to float the idea: could Mark have been playing a gambit where his goal from the beginning was to sacrifice himself to towncred his partner?
Do you mean me by that? :D
Satisfaction
Satisfaction
Goon
Satisfaction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:13 am

Post by Satisfaction »

In post 320, donkihott wrote:Do you mean me by that?
No, I was speaking generally about anybody who he clashed with. I was trying to figure out how much weight we should give to analysis based on Mark's "reads."
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 292, donkihott wrote:VOTE: Satisfaction E-1 Works for me
this vote is a scumclaim. in your last post you were talking about how it isnt satisfaction
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

im pretty sure we cleared fred yesterday right? based on interactions. i was down to hessian and donki. now im still at hessian and donki, but im feeling donki.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 305, donkihott wrote:
In post 299, Satisfaction wrote:
In post 285, donkihott wrote:Good luck with the 50/50
This is an oversimplification.
To me it is not I am confused af hahaha

Tay's argument with Mark was kind of the biggest one. So it is between fred and hessian for me now.

Btw Satisfaction you made my day. I think you expected too much in a newbie game haha. For defending your role against a counterclaim would've been sickkk.

I am 99.99% sure you are the mason though, it is nearly impossible to know both the setup and the other mason that early in the game.
this feels fake. especially the thing about believing the mason claim.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”