notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by notscience »

For the record I 100% expected dong slot to get hosed n1 and think I pm’d Bork something of the sort
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:10 pm

Post by DkKoba »

would have i played it much differently had i had the energy to push through it? yes.

did i think it was an acceptable path to claim and be an "IC" for the day? also yes. i consider PRs are just extra roles that assist.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
c4e5g3d5
c4e5g3d5
Townie
c4e5g3d5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by c4e5g3d5 »

Didn't know the cow was on MS too.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:12 pm

Post by notscience »

I can’t speak for Bork but I 100% believe it was the incorrect play and made my life way easier as scum than it had any reason to be
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:17 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1178, notscience wrote:I can’t speak for Bork but I 100% believe it was the incorrect play and made my life way easier as scum than it had any reason to be
agree, tbh. I feel like you could've pushed off pressure from pretty much anyone here if you efforted. Imagine a world where scum didn't know to kill you N1 and went for Alonzo like they were probably likely to do.
beefycheese
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:18 pm

Post by notscience »

I was pretty heavily PR reading koba but I thought they were a mason with ag
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:19 pm

Post by Adorable »

Good game everyone! JDye and cw were obvtown. Looks like I correctly scum read notscience on day 3 and left my vote there. Alonzo was hard to read and when he walked me through his pov on day 3 that helped me get a better read on him and that gave me a slight town read on him and I figured it was notscience as the last scum. The 1v1 on day 2 confused me though.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:22 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1180, notscience wrote:I was pretty heavily PR reading koba but I thought they were a mason with ag
i was aware i was pr telling which factored into my decision to claim lol
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by notscience »

If I was town I would have dragged cw to a win he was ridiculously obvious town I don’t even get how people were scumreading him lol

Yeah but if I thought you were a mason I don’t roleblock you and your block on me goes off
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i guess ppl missed the part where i didnt have to spoons to effort (:
retired
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:25 pm

Post by notscience »

Then don’t join a newbie game and show people that’s how we play here so they never want to play another game?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:26 pm

Post by petapan »

i have no problems with releasing the pt
free crypto
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

beefycheese
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

love being misgendered in mafia pt haha
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:36 pm

Post by DkKoba »

always a classic when i look at PTs to see me being misgendered :))
retired
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:40 pm

Post by notscience »

I just realized I did it accidentally (most likely a side effect of reading dong do it) so Apogies. I’m normally pretty good about it, I’ll be more careful next time.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:43 pm

Post by DkKoba »

anyways i dont do replacing out ever unless i really need to (thats never my vibe. i hate flakers and it ruins games when slots have multiple ppl inhabiting them.)

dong being there ruined my whole mood wrt the game and drained my energy. sorry if u think i played bad i did the best with the board state + my current ability i had.
retired
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:45 pm

Post by notscience »

I’m sure you saw I was also happy when they were gone lol.

It’s all good I just don’t want anyone to get the idea this game was in any way normal and/or acceptable
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:46 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

DkKoba wrote:dong being there ruined my whole mood wrt the game
Fair enough, and if you think you were a target of harassment here (in that Dong replaced in specifically to harass you) I would urge you to go to Penguin (or I'm definitely willing to on your behalf)
beefycheese
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i mean theyve already been banned once for behavior towards me its ok LOL
retired
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by JDye »

To start, sorry Alonzo. Day3 I just wasn't really sure about who to elim and there was a big departure from your usual play style when you started pushing me to vote CW. Bad play from me there. In fairness, when CW flipped town, if you'd made it to Day4, I would been on you hella hard. That insistence would have cemented you as scum in my mind. So probably a loss either way.

Ranny, sorry about taking so long to come round to your side in Day2. I've got a tendency to take the tone of the post as an indicator of towniness and since I thought your posts were pretty hostile (and supremely smug), it convinced me you were scum. The last few posts of the day that you made, where you pressured me to answer a question, seemed much townier and was what made me switch my vote in the end.

CW, sorry for scum reading you, but your posts just came off across as low-effort. I think you promised to give use a readlist for three days straight in Day3 after you had re-read the thread and the final result was a post saying "I haven't read the posts of half these players" and what you did say was "Alonzo hedged a bit". Same for this Day. I posted quite a bit and admittedly quite a lot of it was wrong, but a response to
any
of it would have helped.

notScience, I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little annoyed here. 4 posts in an ELO with all of them being prod dodges... I get you're busy but at that point I wish you had replaced out. GG though. You had me reading you pretty town the entirety of the game.

Annoyed with myself for having the game solved with my first post of the day then throwing it afterwards. Few questions for you notScience. Was that post about Ranny where you asked for 3 reasons meant to be a pivot for you to switch your vote? Also, did you deliberately not prod Ranny for his result in Day2 when he said he had a result. He claimed, you said "good shit" then petapan CC'd then Ranny gave his result. Did you deliberately not ask for his results? Or is that detail irrelevant. I felt like it had significance but couldn't bring myself to mention it in the game as it feels weak.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

thats a lesson to u jdye that aggressive.mean =/= scummy EVER(in fact some ppl are more likely to be meaner as town bc they are solo and dont care as much) (;
retired
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by notscience »

I’m sorry, jdye. I honestly do feel bad and as I’ve said I think both teams deserved the L here. I wadnt subjecting anyone else to this game nor Bork to finding a replacement.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by notscience »

I’ll address your other questions when I get off.

And aggressiveness isn’t indicative unless someone’s meta is to be It as either alignment but again, there’s a limit
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by JDye »

Dont worry about it mate. Like I said, I think the game is lost no matter how much you post. I had some decent reasons for sussing you at the start of D4 but you're a better player than CW so you would have been able to defend yourself way better than CW could. Hell... even if you had scumslipped majorly, I still might've gone for CW. I couldn't bear to lose the game to scum!CW after elimming Alonzo like that. Sorry about that again btw.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”