DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:45 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1202, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1185, Marky Mark wrote:DGB has made it clear she doesn't believe in meta, so I find her TRing N_M on the basis of being soulmasons (ie relationship outside of the immediate game) a bit off.
I'd have to agree on this but didn't know how to word it properly, it's like saying they hate meta but then use meta.

Maybe it's because we're masons.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:47 am

In post 1205, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 1203, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1185, Marky Mark wrote:... but she herself voted Geraint a couple of pages earlier, which is a wagon based on very similar principles (ie pressuring an inactive & hard to read player)
That whole "on lookout for lhf" thing is just plain contradicting everything, as I remember calling out in my wall on them.
As a side note, I'm presuming LHF is "Low, Hard, Fast" ?
Left-Handed Fapping
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:48 am

Also I called not_mafia my soul mason after ONE POST how is that meta you fools

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:58 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1198, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1181, VP Baltar wrote:This day also has too many pages already (yes, I'm old).
I see this a lot from more experienced players and it baffles me ngl, because all I can remember is this type of speed game (or even faster sometimes) and it feels normal to me. I just like thinking about the experience differences as I think it's super cool
Yeah, I try to accept that site meta has changed since I was very active. I find it hard to do rereading later in the game when there are like 200-300 pages, mostly because I have limited time to like sit down for an hour and reread.

It's cool though, I'll deal. I just think we have gleaned a lot of interaction at this point and a flip would be helpful
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1152, Zdenek wrote:
In post 804, Andresvmb wrote:I don’t really care for your description of my progression on Koba
Could you explain it?
I’m not sure I understand what you’re asking. You could either be asking me to explain my disdain for a poor representation of my progression on Koba, or the progression itself.

If you want to better understand my view on Koba, I guess I would say the following: I have a natural inclination to want to trust Koba. We’ve played together once before, where I immediately recognized that they have good instincts as Town, and can push hard (without making giant cases). So we got along quite well, and it ended up being part of the reason we won.

Here, Koba seems to be utilizing elements of that game (same characteristic fire and aggressive attitude), but we don’t seem to agree on much. In fact, at different times, we’ve pushed each other. And I don’t know, I can’t settle on what I think about Koba’s alignment. I am skeptical of VPB for example (they can be excellent Scum, and so I definitely want to see more from him before I make up my mind there), and though Koba said (i) that they are naturally inclined to want to trust those that they have played with as Town, and mistrust those they have seen play Scum (), and (ii) that they would ISO VPB and come back with thoughts (), I haven’t seen this really play out or happen at all. Now, Koba might have thought that this wasn’t necessary once they established that VPB was Town (), but much later they left VPB as null, so I am still left wondering about this.

Also, Koba’s 180 on my slot is somewhat strange. This is what they said early in the game when they were somewhat defending me from a push by shellyc: .

And then, this is what they used to explain a vote on me: , .

Now, it’s entirely possible that Koba thought that they had seen enough from my slot, and that at that stage I was Scum. But then why the change of direction after? See .

On the other hand, and this is really what tilts the balance the other way: Koba is picking fights with practically everybody this game. Koba has SR Me (as per above), shellyc (, ), JacksonVirgo (, , , , ), NDMath (, ), Zdenek (), Tayl0r (, , , , ), Not_Mafia (, ), geraintm (), Flavor (), and Infinity (, ) by my count.

So what’s the strategy here? Piss everyone off until you get voted out? This does make the fact that there hasn’t been much pushing from Koba against VPB quite interesting. But other than that, I think this is more likely coming from someone who is trying to figure out the game.

Based on some of the pushes that I have highlighted above, is too egregious for Scum too.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:05 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Also, I have massively upgraded Marky Mark based on the last few pages. I am thinking along some of the same lines, so definitely feeling good about that slot.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:08 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1177, Infinity 324 wrote:{gerain, koba, DGB, andres, zdenek} is my PoE atm
I’ll be honest, I think there’s a very good chance that you don’t have 3 Scum in here. Outside of knowing my own alignment, you’re putting too many slots that are hard to sort, and practically giving everybody that’s active (or at least that I feel is driving the game somewhat) outside of Koba and I a pass.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1229, Andresvmb wrote:Now, Koba might have thought that this wasn’t necessary once they established that VPB was Town (324), but much later they left VPB as null, so I am still left wondering about this.
This is a pretty good point
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1231, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1177, Infinity 324 wrote:{gerain, koba, DGB, andres, zdenek} is my PoE atm
I’ll be honest, I think there’s a very good chance that you don’t have 3 Scum in here. Outside of knowing my own alignment, you’re putting too many slots that are hard to sort, and practically giving everybody that’s active (or at least that I feel is driving the game somewhat) outside of Koba and I a pass.
What are the odds there is one scum in there in your opinion?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:14 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1210, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1200, Marky Mark wrote:cross-posted with this -> having looked at a couple of their games, it seems like they were somewhat more engaged on later days, but I agree that it would be good to have a plan in mind for what we are going to do about geraint/N_M as a town, especially if they do not kick into gear later on
Yeah okay, yeeting them later down the line after they've been useless would probably be better than wasting them D1 before they open up if that's how they usually play.
I have to say I disagree with this as a strategy. I would rather not gamble that 3-4 players are going to improve their play later. If they fail to do so, we are going to be relying on night actions to solve...which can be tricky business.

I guess that's why I'm interested in yeeting the scummiest of the dead weight early. If we are wrong, the consequences are less.
YOUR AD HERE

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:15 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

koba can you explain why you scumread me?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

gerain might be the scummiest of the deadweight but hes also gonna step it up later. ive played with gerain, he will play at least somewhat.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1233, VP Baltar wrote:
What are the odds there is one scum in there in your opinion?
What is that, 5 Names? 99%. But you could pick any 5 names at random and have pretty good odds of having 1 Scum in there.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

its also a really really bad list, which again tells me that infinity is probscum. infinity has better reads than that.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

So? I'll revisit the other ones later.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

actually the fact that VP is even asking that question makes me want to scumread VP. i didnt say anything because i wanted andres to answer but... its a 5 person PoE. it would be shocking if there wasnt scum in there.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1238, Tayl0r Swift wrote:its also a really really bad list, which again tells me that infinity is probscum. infinity has better reads than that.
You have one completed game with me. I sometimes have awful reads.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Two, sorry
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1241, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1238, Tayl0r Swift wrote:its also a really really bad list, which again tells me that infinity is probscum. infinity has better reads than that.
You have one completed game with me. I sometimes have awful reads.
i think its more than one by now isnt it? id say i have a fair amount of meta on you.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

VOTE: koba this is my only actual scumread atm, I don't want to lim a low-info slot except as compromise.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:26 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1240, Tayl0r Swift wrote:actually the fact that VP is even asking that question makes me want to scumread VP. i didnt say anything because i wanted andres to answer but... its a 5 person PoE. it would be shocking if there wasnt scum in there.
My point is to start narrowing the lim pool. I don't find it some amazing list either, but if I can get enough people to start focusing in on their lim pools, we may see where the overlaps are and hone in on a consensus scummy player.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

We don't have THAT much time left to actually run someone up and consider a claim.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:28 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1244, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: koba this is my only actual scumread atm, I don't want to lim a low-info slot except as compromise.
I find it weird you have one not great scum read after 40+ pages
YOUR AD HERE

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1247, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1244, Infinity 324 wrote:VOTE: koba this is my only actual scumread atm, I don't want to lim a low-info slot except as compromise.
I find it weird you have one not great scum read after 40+ pages
Unfortunately it's mostly the norm for me on d1
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I actually very much agree.

VOTE: Infinity 324

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”