Nandor the Relentless
Townie
Nandor the Relentless
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:49 am

Post by Nandor the Relentless »

In post 962, Nandor the Relentless wrote:
In post 373, Professor Mafia wrote:big elephant is hardcore omgussing. MWNN/A50 are probably both town

hot take: I have a mild SR on MiniVirgo. Trying to defend A50 sounds a bit like a buddy attempt imo.

i think a lot of scum are inactive
In post 374, Professor Mafia wrote:at least 1 inactive is prob!scum, big elephant and MiniVirgo contain scum

this game is nearly solved
I searched deep in Professor's scarce ISO, and this is scum-indicative. He has scumreads on MiniVirgo and Big Elephant at this time, but also thinks "a lot" of scum are inactive... that doesn't really add up, you'd think that'd be the case if you didn't have any good scumreads in the active players. Might just be a random take he's thrown out.

@Professor Mafia:
Why were you of that belief at the time?

It's kinda hard to read him off all the other stuff, because he rarely goes into his thoughts or provides deeper reasoning. it's just a lot of takes, some of which I agree with, most of which I disagree with, but hard to know if his thought process is legit when it's all surface level. In a way, that's scummy in of itself I guess.
This one. Pretty important.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:06 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 1174, Nandor the Relentless wrote:
In post 1171, Professor Mafia wrote:swizzle pops entrance is rather obviously town

imo, big elephant still scum, I'm on board with the scum!MV bits, they seem to constantly post but they arent really providing a lot of useful content and much of what they're saying is either common sense like policying N_M and also synthesizing shellyc's thoughts on johnny/elbirn.

VOTE: MiniVirgo
Prof's 2 scumreads here are pretty anti-concensus which is town-indicative for most scum.

You missed my earlier question, Prof.

Also, could you explain my shelly's still scum?
yes but that's simply because our consensus is right.
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:07 am

Post by shellyc »

how many do we have on johnny aorn

{A50, nandor, froppy, me, possibly JV}

N_M will lolhammer i guess
if this slot flips green def go for tayloraa and possible PL on N_M

shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:08 am

Post by shellyc »

*if this slot flips RED def go for tayloraa and possible PL on N_M

nandor profmaf is really surface level imo. which is a scumtell here. throwing takes for the sake of it.

ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

I'm still on Johnny Mnemonic
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:12 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

I think
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1057, Swizzle Pop wrote:
In post 1052, shellyc wrote:i got pushed to E-2 yesterday and now nka's rather clearing of me + I'm getting people to sheep me on my solve
im assuming that its not you that says NKA clears you, right?
-sen
:raises hand:
In post 1052, shellyc wrote:
In post 1051, Swizzle Pop wrote:that would be an interesting change from the norm.
-sw
actually in fairness I'm not getting UTRd really?

i got pushed to E-2 yesterday and now nka's rather clearing of me + I'm getting people to sheep me on my solve
Eh. ProfMaf and MV are the only two that seem to think scum you is an option since my towncase.
In post 1161, JohnnyFarrar wrote:Also do we know that notmaf hammers in ElLo? Or are we just assuming?
He doesn't gamethrow, but he isn't cautious. Basically, if he thinks there's a chance a wagon is on scum he'll hammer it. N_M town being there in XLO isn't an autoloss though.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Bingle »

Spoiler: @TSwizzle Slot (Game State, A Primer)
In post 747, Bingle wrote:
In post 658, shellyc wrote:fine im doing PBPA
In post 97, Professor Mafia wrote:Big Elephant is sounding increasingly scummy, I think the TR on MiniVirgo is a deep pocket, and they're just generally agreeing with stuff and throwing out forced reads instead of solving.

I think mech talk is a bad way to TR people fwiw

VOTE: Big Elephant
random SR on me for TRing JV for being more active and solvy and framing it as a "pocket" and SR for making "reads" LOL
second line is treading IIoA
In post 107, Professor Mafia wrote:
In post 106, Big Elephant wrote:ftr im scumreading johnny's shitpush in their opening so it'd make my day if N_M were to vote there
-shelly
I think you're the one that's shitpushing here. In my opinion, overexplanation is a scumtell and pointing that out is furthering the game.

Does anyone else see what I'm seeing here?
overexplanation it totally a personality tell and furthering the game by making something out of a NAI post is bad
In post 108, Professor Mafia wrote:
In post 105, Big Elephant wrote:N_M's bold style is pretty town!AI. Scum usually don't go against the grain like that imo.
N_M is playing like a jester, like they usually do. I don't really get why that's a good reason to TR people.

Feels like you're randomly throwing out reads like candies here. Your trajectories to get to a TR are cheap.
shutting down my TR to shade N_M subtly
im also foreign to N_M meta and making reads is again, not scummy
In post 200, Professor Mafia wrote:
In post 190, ManWithNoName wrote:Something about Elephant's reads just ping me the wrong way, I guess the best way to describe it is that it seems pocket.
+1 to this

MWNN's probably town
no reasoning, TRing those who make similar reads to them = lazy reads
In post 373, Professor Mafia wrote:big elephant is hardcore omgussing. MWNN/A50 are probably both town

hot take: I have a mild SR on MiniVirgo. Trying to defend A50 sounds a bit like a buddy attempt imo.

why are MWNN/A50 town???
why is the defense buddying not everything that TRs people = pocketing
why would you assume scum are active, this is prob TMI
In post 374, Professor Mafia wrote:at least 1 inactive is prob!scum, big elephant and MiniVirgo contain scum

why does big elephant (me) and MV contain scum
In post 452, Professor Mafia wrote:MiniVirgo/Big Elephant contains scum, idk why people call BE "low charisma wagon" that slot is just obtuse and scummy

Derp is rather town imo, tone has been good, A50's playing to their town meta

get Elephant today this will solve the game
shitpushing without explaining the SR on my slot AT ALL and sheeping JV
why is derp town???? and why is the tone good
In post 674, yessiree wrote:
In post 656, MiniVirgo wrote:Nandor is far from lock-town. ProfessorMafia is also likely Town. Can anyone actually explain the SR on them thank

- JV
how can you look at prof maf's ISO and not smell the stench?

I wanted to hear back from Prof Maf first but here's more or less where I'm at
his big elephant push is mostly done in bad faith to look active

the initial read and the vote there isn't bad, but since then he has not shown any genuine read progression, continued to shitpush big elephant with crap logic piled on top of crap logic
In post 108, Professor Mafia wrote:
In post 105, Big Elephant wrote:N_M's bold style is pretty town!AI. Scum usually don't go against the grain like that imo.
N_M is playing like a jester, like they usually do. I don't really get why that's a good reason to TR people.

Feels like you're randomly throwing out reads like candies here. Your trajectories to get to a TR are cheapl
In post 200, Professor Mafia wrote:
In post 190, ManWithNoName wrote:Something about Elephant's reads just ping me the wrong way, I guess the best way to describe it is that it seems pocket.
+1 to this

MWNN's probably town
In post 201, Professor Mafia wrote:
In post 159, Almost50 wrote:Hectic alt detected.
:eyes:
In post 452, Professor Mafia wrote:MiniVirgo/Big Elephant contains scum, idk why people call BE "low charisma wagon" that slot is just obtuse and scummy

Derp is rather town imo, tone has been good, A50's playing to their town meta

get Elephant today this will solve the game
Accuses BE's trajectories to TR people cheap, but is perfectly fine with throwing out TRs for no good reason

calls miniVirgo scum, who is the most vocal voice in pushing BE, WHILE pushing BE himself at the same time
and then throws out the absolute banger "a lot of scum are inactive", backtracks with "at least 1 inactive scum, BE/MiniVergo contains scum"

this is a red flag, there's way many holes in his logic here, I don't see any real conviction in his read
which seems to me this is Prof Maf content with fanning the flames from the side rather than pushing his SR in good faith
teal deers:

Shelly: Prof maf had a bad push on shelly!slot. Metashade on N_M TR. ProfMaf had lazy/unsupported reads.

yessir: Prof maf push on BE is for show. Cognitive dissonance in SR-ing both elephants and mV. Cheap TR's while pushing someone for cheap TR's.

Of these, yes is actually providing a scum motivation for some of the things done, but neither of them are actually solid cases on ProfMaf.

Actually looking at the quotes shared though, paints a different picture. ProfMaf cast a vote on page 4 with pretty solid reason (given the stage of the game) on shelly. Their fluff to non fluff ratio is good, the meta knowledge of N_M is something anyone who has been in a thread with N_M for more than two sentences can share with you, the point about mechspeak being NAI is just basic mafia, and the rest of the BE case is just as hypocritical as yes is accusing Prof of being.

Further: , , , , all have decent reasoning, even if I don't agree with it.

Yes's contention that there's a cognitive dissonance to thinking there is one scum in two slots that are SR-ing each other is frankly baffling. The idea that Prof is trying to look active is also pretty out there: Prof has been pretty obviously lurker-y. Their rate of content is probably the strongest contention against them, tbh. The cherry picking of 373 and 374 to show that Prof doesn't have reasons to townread is pretty :eyebrows: because 374 doesn't contain any townreads and 373 only has two, one of which he'd previously given a reason for. (In post )
In post 838, Bingle wrote:NKA makes me fairly confident in Shelly town for today.
In post 841, Bingle wrote:Yes lived firmly in shelly’s pocket, yesterday, and wasn’t particularly towny otherwise. Shelly has more to lose than to gain by killing off her strongest defense.
In post 842, Bingle wrote:
In post 757, yessiree wrote:Elbirn is probtown, im sure someone is better at reading him than I so

I would put mini, nandor, shelly, and maybe mccree in obvtown tier

Had a50 in locktown before but unsure now
Quote for visibility.
In post 846, Bingle wrote:But, looking at those names, Shelly was the one in danger and the one who yes alone was defending. Yes was sheeping/agreeing with Shelly about profmaf but neither of them were having any luck getting that wagon off the ground so it’s not like yes was threatening to anyone specifically. I don’t see any power role indications from yes, and yes was part of the pivot onto derp, but still stayed off wagon which is not a good look in light of the flip. I was also pretty clearly scumreading him at EoD.

This leads me to yes being killed for town blocking well, and of his townblock Shelly is the one who needs his support the most.

To a lesser extent, it also suggests either profmaf scum or a scumteam who is happy with the state of the thread.
In post 850, Bingle wrote:I'm most interested in poking Johnny, A50 and ProfMaf atm. I'd support a PL on N_M, I suppose, because he's not being !usefulN_M but don't have confidence that's scum.

I have varying degrees of townreads on you, shelly, El, Nando. I feel like I should have a read on MV but don't. I want to hear frog noises from Froppy because she hasn't had a chance to do anything AI at all aorn.

I'm not really interested in pushing hard towards a yeet at the moment though, because I feel like there is enough content that hasn't been discussed yet that I want to see how things shake out for the moment.
Swizzle Pop
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:17 am

Post by Swizzle Pop »

In post 1170, MiniVirgo wrote:Well looks like JV has this all under control but I personally agree with Shelly on being scummy

- Mini
See, I don't know Johnny well but a quick and shallow meta dive actually shows that he is rather ...... no offense but ... useless as town. Like how do I explain this? As town, he's low-key antitown and basically doesn't do shit. As scum, I'd actually argue he looks much more towny. I didnt read thru all the games and I only skimmed a few pages on like a few games but eh, this be what I think :P I think I'd rather lim NM over Johnny cuz based on his meta, I actually believe this slot is town. NM on the other hand ........... no meta to do anything with. They have their hot 10 posts per game that really don't tell me anything whatsoever :/ But I want to take a closer look at some other slots here. someone engage me!!!
In post 1174, Nandor the Relentless wrote:
In post 1171, Professor Mafia wrote:swizzle pops entrance is rather obviously town

imo, big elephant still scum, I'm on board with the scum!MV bits, they seem to constantly post but they arent really providing a lot of useful content and much of what they're saying is either common sense like policying N_M and also synthesizing shellyc's thoughts on johnny/elbirn.

VOTE: MiniVirgo
Prof's 2 scumreads here are pretty anti-concensus which is town-indicative for most scum.

You missed my earlier question, Prof.

Also, could you explain my shelly's still scum?
anti-consensus describes my town game p well nil and I do not think it is a scumtell. Last game I was in with Prof, he was scum and I never caught it. I'll probs ISO there if I remember to laters :D

-Noraabear
Swizzle Pop
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:18 am

Post by Swizzle Pop »

Bingle why do you town case shelly?

-Noraabear
Swizzle Pop
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Swizzle Pop »

Like .... in a not wall format

-Noraabear
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:19 am

Post by Bingle »

VOTE: ProfMaf

I think the disappearing act and subsequent return when they've dropped out of the line of fire seems particularly susp, FWIW.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Noraa »

Also Bingle, new pfpc be nice :D

-Noraabear
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Swizzle Pop
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Swizzle Pop »

Ah fuck

-Noraabear
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:23 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1183, Bingle wrote:In post 838, Bingle wrote:
NKA makes me fairly confident in Shelly town for today.

In post 841, Bingle wrote:
Yes lived firmly in shelly’s pocket, yesterday, and wasn’t particularly towny otherwise. Shelly has more to lose than to gain by killing off her strongest defense.

In post 842, Bingle wrote:
In post 757, yessiree wrote:
Elbirn is probtown, im sure someone is better at reading him than I so

I would put mini, nandor, shelly, and maybe mccree in obvtown tier

Had a50 in locktown before but unsure now

Quote for visibility.
Not bothering to fix the formatting, but these three are why I think Shelly is town. The wall portion of that primer is mostly me responding to yes and Shelly's cases on ProfMaf from yesterday. The others are a collection of short posts.

I bothered to point out shelly town because she seemed to be the consensus scumread yesterday on my replace in and I disagreed with it then and wanted to see what happened when I dropped a big rock in the pool. The ripples have been coming back to the same few names as scum, all of which roughly align with my own stated "I want to poke these people reads" for the post part.
Swizzle Pop
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:24 am

Post by Swizzle Pop »

In post 1188, Noraa wrote:Also Bingle, new pfpc be nice :D

-Noraabear
quoting this into iso for noraa

-switz tizzle
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:25 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1188, Noraa wrote:Also Bingle, new pfpc be nice :D

-Noraabear
It's my old one, actually. I lost a SUPP bet and was forced into the last one for three months and finally remembered I was let free at the beginning of October a few days ago.
Swizzle Pop
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:29 am

Post by Swizzle Pop »

In post 1173, Nandor the Relentless wrote:Tayl0r is Tayl0r though
please dont slander me

- Tay Lord
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:33 am

Post by Bingle »

the teal deer on shelly town is that it very much looks like yes kill was designed to open up an elim on shelly/shelly had absolutely no reason to kill off the only slot that wasn't highly susp of her yesterday.

MWNN has had a very towny tone and presence. If he's scum he's pocketed me thoroughly, and I don't think that's the case as I'm usually very pocket resistant. I'm not outright townreading monkey, which is concerning, but there have been a couple of posts that are far more likely to be monkey town than monkey scum. I actually think N_M has a significant chance of being scum here, and there was more pushback than expected when I framed that as a policy decision. He's definitely playing refuge in audacity if scum, but that's N_M scum's playbook from page one through to the end.

MV/BE(Shelly)/Johnny have had strong and repeated interactions for basically the whole game, which makes me think at most one scum in that pile, possibly 0.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 1193, Swizzle Pop wrote:
In post 1173, Nandor the Relentless wrote:Tayl0r is Tayl0r though
please dont slander me

- Tay Lord
Fun fact: I was listening to the speak now world tour album when I saw that you replaced in. I think that means legally that you have to tell me if you're scum.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:44 am

Post by Bingle »

votes
JohnnyFarrar [1]:
ManWithNoName Froppy shellyc Nandor the Relentless,
Swizzle Pop[4]:
Almost50
Almost50 [1]:
JohnnyFarrar
Not_Mafia [1]:
MiniVirgo
MiniVirgo [1]:
Professor Mafia,
Professor Mafia [1]:
Bingle
shellyc [0]:

Nandor the Relentless [0]:

yessiree [0]:

ManWithNoName [0]:

Bingle [0]:

Froppy [0]:

Not Voting [5]:
, Not_Mafia, Swizzle Pop[/votes]

Interesting swing from swizzle to Johnny in ~24 hours. I like the new wagon comp better, tbh.
Swizzle Pop
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Swizzle Pop »

In post 1187, Bingle wrote:VOTE: ProfMaf

I think the disappearing act and subsequent return when they've dropped out of the line of fire seems particularly susp, FWIW.
it seemed like the conclusion from the gamestate primer was that shelly you and Pm were all town. what made you change your mind on PM? mostly just the actvity levels?

can someone explain why johnny is scum to me?

-tlay door
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:45 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 1194, Bingle wrote:the teal deer on shelly town is that it very much looks like yes kill was designed to open up an elim on shelly/shelly had absolutely no reason to kill off the only slot that wasn't highly susp of her yesterday.

MWNN has had a very towny tone and presence. If he's scum he's pocketed me thoroughly, and I don't think that's the case as I'm usually very pocket resistant. I'm not outright townreading monkey, which is concerning, but there have been a couple of posts that are far more likely to be monkey town than monkey scum. I actually think N_M has a significant chance of being scum here, and there was more pushback than expected when I framed that as a policy decision. He's definitely playing refuge in audacity if scum, but that's N_M scum's playbook from page one through to the end.

MV/BE(Shelly)/Johnny have had strong and repeated interactions for basically the whole game, which makes me think at most one scum in that pile, possibly 0.
the more resistance, the more strange. I think that might be the way to go then. VOTE: NM
haven't talked to Taylor about this yet but this should be fine

-Noraabear
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Swizzle Pop
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Swizzle Pop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Swizzle Pop »

In post 1198, Noraa wrote:
In post 1194, Bingle wrote:the teal deer on shelly town is that it very much looks like yes kill was designed to open up an elim on shelly/shelly had absolutely no reason to kill off the only slot that wasn't highly susp of her yesterday.

the more resistance, the more strange. I think that might be the way to go then. VOTE: NM
haven't talked to Taylor about this yet but this should be fine

-Noraabear
goddam. Ok I'll just keep two browser windows open instead of logging in and out - I keep forgetting :/

-Noraabear

Return to “Completed Open Games”