Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1724, Marky Mark wrote:As such, I am leaning towards either an elim on someone who has objectivley acted against town interests (ie DK) or someone in the lurker pool (ie DGB, NM or Geraint at a push).
Team Geraintm here and always down. DGB would vote there as well. That's three.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:54 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I'm going to look into andres later/tomorrow, I think the push on me is towny but not sure.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1721, Infinity 324 wrote:How about this, did any of the reasoning in feel manufactured to you?

PEdit: andres they totally different scenarios and I don't understand how to explain it better than I did. Me not having scumreads was an obvious point that was clear all game. The few points that VP felt manipulative weren't obvious and needed a reread. Re-evaluation is done in different ways by town and scum, one is towny and one is scummy.
I don’t know about manufactured. I can give you my feedback on what I see in those posts, or where I disagree rather, and you tell me what you think.

You called VPB’s response in manipulative. But I agree. VPB interpreted Tayl0r’s push on you to be weak. And whenever I see a bad case being made against me (particularly as Town), I don’t return with a TR, I go back and probe, to try and demonstrate that the reasoning is poor. So, it’s a legitimate question.

Your reaction to is interesting, but I don’t know that I agree. Setting up a miselim of my slot would be arguing strongly that if you flip Town, I’m always Scum, or something of the sort. Because if I’m wrong about you, and he knows it, he has something to fall back on. Simply stating that they expected me to be more aggressive doesn’t seem to fall in the same category.

And about , yeah, I can see what you’re saying here. I will make a few points. One, Not_Mafia is extremely difficult to read. Nothing they do is ever decisively Towny or Scummy. So, it’s reasonable to suggest them as a compromise execution in a tight spot. However, and this is my second point, it’s not impossible to figure them out either. In fact, Not_Mafia is actually voting for DkKoba, and not themselves, and has made a few reads. And, I don’t think we find ourselves in a tight spot yet. So I’m not fully dismissing what you’re saying, but VPB isn’t really being Scummy for pushing something that is logical.

If you ask me, I don’t think Not_Mafia is Scum based on the limited content we have, but I wouldn’t bet the house on it.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Did a lim happen?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

STOP being mean to my homie N_M, y'all. No worry milkman. I got your back. :]

Btw,
In post 611, Not_Mafia wrote:It's the same as posting the n word with a 1 instead of an I to circumvent the filter
Since when did N1GER1A become a bad word?? :P

Or did you mean N1GER?

Or maybe NE1THER?? :shifty:
In post 621, Not_Mafia wrote:Taylor and geraint is town
I... "think".. this is town N_M??

I mean, it's not common that he says "town" aloud. I'm more used to him shouting "X is scum" repeatedly as either alignment, so this is kinda new to me. (Even when we were scum together once he refused to vote me, but I don't recall him calling me town either)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Good news: I've made it to page 28 in one go

Bas news: Now I feel too sleepy to make much sense of anything I read, so I will be back in 8-12 hours to do the rest.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:04 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1724, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 1720, Andresvmb wrote:Anyway I welcome some input from others on this and you can all yell at me for focusing on the wrong thing if that’s what I’m doing. This could also be confirmation bias on my part.
The infinity elim here feels like a low % play

I get the argument for their POE being off (I am less convinced by the Taylor argument of them playing differently to prior games), but I am not particularly convinced at this point that their POE being off => they are scum

If I were a gambling man, I would put dosh on there being 1+ scum in the lurker pool

As such, I am leaning towards either an elim on someone who has objectivley acted against town interests (ie DK) or someone in the lurker pool (ie DGB, NM or Geraint at a push).
Unfortunately, I’m not going to come along for a DkKoba execution I don’t think. I came out on the overall positive side when I analyzed them in detail. I think I’m going to trust myself here.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Andres, you don't find it slightly weird that Taylor has called infinity scum since the start of this game and never waivered until the yeet was legit going to happen?

I find that super suspect.
YOUR AD HERE

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Catching up is looking like a greater and greater chore with every spammer that replaces in
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 1728, Gamma Emerald wrote:Did a lim happen?
Nah mate, 3 on Infinity and 4 on DK afaik
Gamma Emerald wrote:Catching up is looking like a greater and greater chore with every spammer that replaces in
Preach.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I just iso-ed Taylor and there isn't a ton of variance in their reads. They could just be a cocky player, but it's weird to me to see that kind of confidence on D1
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1727, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1721, Infinity 324 wrote:How about this, did any of the reasoning in feel manufactured to you?

PEdit: andres they totally different scenarios and I don't understand how to explain it better than I did. Me not having scumreads was an obvious point that was clear all game. The few points that VP felt manipulative weren't obvious and needed a reread. Re-evaluation is done in different ways by town and scum, one is towny and one is scummy.
I don’t know about manufactured. I can give you my feedback on what I see in those posts, or where I disagree rather, and you tell me what you think.

You called VPB’s response in manipulative. But I agree. VPB interpreted Tayl0r’s push on you to be weak. And whenever I see a bad case being made against me (particularly as Town), I don’t return with a TR, I go back and probe, to try and demonstrate that the reasoning is poor. So, it’s a legitimate question.

Your reaction to is interesting, but I don’t know that I agree. Setting up a miselim of my slot would be arguing strongly that if you flip Town, I’m always Scum, or something of the sort. Because if I’m wrong about you, and he knows it, he has something to fall back on. Simply stating that they expected me to be more aggressive doesn’t seem to fall in the same category.

And about , yeah, I can see what you’re saying here. I will make a few points. One, Not_Mafia is extremely difficult to read. Nothing they do is ever decisively Towny or Scummy. So, it’s reasonable to suggest them as a compromise execution in a tight spot. However, and this is my second point, it’s not impossible to figure them out either. In fact, Not_Mafia is actually voting for DkKoba, and not themselves, and has made a few reads. And, I don’t think we find ourselves in a tight spot yet. So I’m not fully dismissing what you’re saying, but VPB isn’t really being Scummy for pushing something that is logical.

If you ask me, I don’t think Not_Mafia is Scum based on the limited content we have, but I wouldn’t bet the house on it.
So just to follow up on , if I had felt that your analysis of these posts that you highlighted was strong or spot on, then I wouldn’t be SR’ing you for the timing. But the fact that a lot of this doesn’t really offset the posts you did call Towny, and yet you come out with a Lean Scum on VPB after the fight between Tayl0r and VPB, coupled with the fact that you now seem to be backtracking... it doesn’t look good to me.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Marky Mark »

Goodnight all :)

Almost50, its a pleasure to have you join us.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1733, Gamma Emerald wrote:Catching up is looking like a greater and greater chore with every spammer that replaces in
You willing to yeet geraintm today?
YOUR AD HERE

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Crap I was trying not to actually quote my own post.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1735, VP Baltar wrote:I just iso-ed Taylor and there isn't a ton of variance in their reads. They could just be a cocky player, but it's weird to me to see that kind of confidence on D1
Curious to see the response to this allegation
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:10 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1738, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1733, Gamma Emerald wrote:Catching up is looking like a greater and greater chore with every spammer that replaces in
You willing to yeet geraintm today?
Yeah man
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m posting on break at work btw and the work radio just Rick rolled me
<Embrace The Void>

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:11 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1732, VP Baltar wrote:Andres, you don't find it slightly weird that Taylor has called infinity scum since the start of this game and never waivered until the yeet was legit going to happen?

What if it’s a distancing tactic though? Don’t we have Scum anyway? Haha just trying to be optimistic here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think that’s a super weak tactic if Tay is scum
Is she that clueless?
<Embrace The Void>

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Hi A50
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:13 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1743, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1732, VP Baltar wrote:Andres, you don't find it slightly weird that Taylor has called infinity scum since the start of this game and never waivered until the yeet was legit going to happen?

What if it’s a distancing tactic though? Don’t we have Scum anyway? Haha just trying to be optimistic here.
I'll admit. That crossed my mind. Their play at each other is nonsensical
YOUR AD HERE

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:16 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1727, Andresvmb wrote: You called VPB’s response in manipulative. But I agree. VPB interpreted Tayl0r’s push on you to be weak. And whenever I see a bad case being made against me (particularly as Town), I don’t return with a TR, I go back and probe, to try and demonstrate that the reasoning is poor. So, it’s a legitimate question.
Yeah I'm more jaded, town uses weak reasoning all the time. I don't think there's anything unusual about noticing that someone is playing different from a couple town games of theirs, and using that to form a read, despite it being bad play. (I had a null read on taylor at that point so) You agreeing with him makes me less confident tbf.
It's a different type of thing, I thought that he could be setting up to go "ha I knew there was something off about andres" later in the game. It's also possible from a town perspective, but yeah.
Ok makes sense. I do think VP would have to be playing really well to be scum here, and I can definitely see town motivation behind his posts, but there are a few things he's done that have felt off.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1736, Andresvmb wrote:So just to follow up on 1727, if I had felt that your analysis of these posts that you highlighted was strong or spot on, then I wouldn’t be SR’ing you for the timing. But the fact that a lot of this doesn’t really offset the posts you did call Towny, and yet you come out with a Lean Scum on VPB after the fight between Tayl0r and VPB, coupled with the fact that you now seem to be backtracking... it doesn’t look good to me.
I felt the opposite, the reasons I had to TR VP's posts were somewhat weak and the scum points were stronger.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:20 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1746, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1743, Andresvmb wrote:

I'll admit. That crossed my mind. Their play at each other is nonsensical
I feel like people get this perception a lot when they're on the outside looking in.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”