DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1848, DkKoba wrote:already said i scumread Infinity taylor and mark most rn
:goodreads:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 927, DkKoba wrote:hi flavor give me a good reason not to yeet u
He's FLAVOR LEAF! Isn't that a good enough reason to give him a day or two??
In post 929, Flavor Leaf wrote:imma lurk out to day 3 and solve, cool with everyone?
SHIT!
In post 936, Flavor Leaf wrote:Why offense? I just told you I think you're town.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol:

You never cease to amaze! :lol:
In post 945, Tayl0r Swift wrote:soo gamma, wanna do an infinity wagon? VOTE: infinity
Why would anyone want a never ending wagon??
In post 958, Gamma Emerald wrote:scummy: infin, geraint, JV, andre
Would it bother you if I asked why JV & andre?

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ok I don't think everyone who has bad read progressions on me are all scum (andres, VP, koba). I think it's just cause I got lazy.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:15 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1844, Almost50 wrote:So I take it that you're a "win >> having fun" kind of guy? How serious do you take the game from a winning PoV?
Good question (not regarding alignment, but moreso from a theory perspective). I believe the game is most fun when everyone is playing to win. People are more invested and play to the best of their abilities when the desired outcome is victory.

However, I don't side with people who want to win at all costs, ie dirty tricks or being overly mean as a strategy. That's bad sportsmanship.

Everyone can obviously play in a way that is enjoyable for them, but that's just my perspective on what makes a good game whether you win or lose in the end.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

i agree with that but my line is at gaslighting basically. hate when ppl just start blatantly lying to your face abt things u did just to win. i.e. stuff that can be proven within the same thread.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

my perspective is that fun and winning are only meaningful if VP Baltar is dead.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 959, DkKoba wrote:u just reminded me that zdenek is in this game
Not anymore
In post 961, Infinity 324 wrote:Cleared my sig because I felt like site meta didn’t require it, most people agree with it anyway I think
What did it say? Refresh my 52 y.o. memory
In post 963, Tayl0r Swift wrote:what did your sig say?
Great minds think alike. Beyonce still had one of the best videos of all time though. :twisted:
In post 967, Tayl0r Swift wrote:oh yep me and my top scumread are for sure buddy buddy
There's this thing called
social
distancing. It decreases the chances of you
catching Covid-19
being associated with a partner in case either of you flipped.
In post 968, DkKoba wrote:are ppl finally seeing the light of taylor!scum?
I thought scum were associated with the DARK

In post 969, Infinity 324 wrote:Bad logic is not scummy, reads that disagree from yours are or scummy, “ignoring”/missing posts are not scummy, contradictions are not scummy, scumslips often come from town
I take back my earlier question. I don't wanna know. :lol:

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:23 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1855, Tayl0r Swift wrote:my perspective is that fun and winning are only meaningful if VP Baltar is dead.
Lol slipping with them NKs as a strategy. Fascinating
YOUR AD HERE

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 1857, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1855, Tayl0r Swift wrote:my perspective is that fun and winning are only meaningful if VP Baltar is dead.
Lol slipping with them NKs as a strategy. Fascinating
dont worry, bulletproof ascetic doc here. im gonna save u
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:53 am

Post by VP Baltar »

My hero
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm gonna be signing off soon. Taylor, where are you going to vote? Infinity or gerain?

They are essentially tied and we need to move in a direction. I can't see a gamma yeet happening
YOUR AD HERE

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

oof thats too much pressure. i think id go for gerain cuz infinity is playing and i kinda ish think inifinity could be town atm.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:14 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

but if i VOTE: dkkoba thats L-2 i think
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Evening all :)

We are getting reasonably close to deadline and I like the fact that VPB is actively trying to facilitate finding a consensus so that we don't rush the elim and make a sub-optimal play (eg his 6). This is all in the interests of the town, so points to him for that. I am less keen on his using this to try and steer people toward the infinity wagon (eg in ), which feels like one of the more controversial wagons of those currently having traction and not one that I would have said feels like it has the most consensus.
In post 1804, Infinity 324 wrote:Could see DGB as scum actually, lots of consensus votes and no one pressuring her.
This is what I have been saying for a fair while now and have not heard a compelling argument to the converse. She is a capable player who is clearly coasting and has deflected off reasonable questions rather than answer them (eg her read disparity on N_M/Geraint). I think we are letting her get away with far too much here, but I am also starting to doubt myself on this slot as I seem to be pretty alone in this POV.

@infinity - when you say you get townpings off geraint's posts in , is it anything in particular? I would prefer N_M as an elim candidate if we are going to go after a low-activity slot (as explained earlier), but would accept Geraint if that was the only way of finding consensus as a town
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 1861, Tayl0r Swift wrote:oof thats too much pressure. i think id go for gerain cuz infinity is playing and i kinda ish think inifinity could be town atm.
This is on the money in general terms, although I'd take it a step further and say if geraint, then why not N_M?
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:23 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1864, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 1861, Tayl0r Swift wrote:oof thats too much pressure. i think id go for gerain cuz infinity is playing and i kinda ish think inifinity could be town atm.
This is on the money in general terms, although I'd take it a step further and say if geraint, then why not N_M?
well i can think of one reason for not going for NM
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 1760, DkKoba wrote: this is such a fluffed up bs post LMFAO
I dont do meta defense. If u dont care enough to read my previous games thats bc u are nkt trying to actually read my alignment.
The thing is, you're kinda half right here, I definitely agree that putting in the effort to do detective work is townish as scum have no need to try and work out people's alignments. I do actually care about sorting you and that's why I've been scrutinizing your actions this game and asking you questions to try and further understand your motivations, which repeatedly refuse to answer.

Fwiw, I don't just blindly think you're scum because you have a different posting style to me. I'm actually trying to get a quality read on your slot and work you out here. I've looked at some previous games for N_M and Geraint as there was little to go off in this one, but I hope you'll forgive me for not having the time to thoroughly research every slot's game history, which is why I invited you to put some points across on why you think I'm reading you wrong.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 1865, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
Pray tell?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 1865, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
Pray tell?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1863, Marky Mark wrote:I am less keen on his using this to try and steer people toward the infinity wagon (eg in 1837), which feels like one of the more controversial wagons of those currently having traction and not one that I would have said feels like it has the most consensus.
Idk. I've been trying to get Gerain for most of the day, and people won't get on board. Either I'm way off base or I'm trying to convince scum to vote their buddies. I've repeatedly said infinity isn't my ideal choice for the day, but I'll compromise there if that's the preference. I think more people have expressed interest in infinity overall at various points than gerain.

If you'd vote gerain and infinity does, then we are really talking.
YOUR AD HERE

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:32 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 1868, Marky Mark wrote:Pray tell?
nope. its in the thread though
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:35 am

I
could
vote for infinity but that's stretching it for me. I'll do it because I'm a team player.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:36 am

Is there a case from his recent behavior?

Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Marky Mark »

VP Baltar wrote: If you'd vote gerain and infinity does, then we are really talking.
I will keep an eye on this. I've got a day off tomorrow so will have time to go over stuff and work to find a consensus choice if needed.

Speaking of preferred choices though:
In post 1854, DkKoba wrote:i agree with that but my line is at gaslighting basically. hate when ppl just start blatantly lying to your face abt things u did just to win. i.e. stuff that can be proven within the same thread.
With your post in mind, can you see how it can be fairly frustrating to try and work with you when you throw out accusations about other players without any justification and then refuse to explain them when questioned. Ironically, one of said accusations was actually about gaslighting too.

We've touched on the meta side of things above but I think it's also important to apply some first principles in terms of objective behaviours within the scope of this game. You have consistently not acted in the interests of the town today in terms of discrediting, throwing out unsubstantiated accusations, and refusing to engage in meaningful discussion on any of the above. I find it really hard to see how these are coming from a place of being town
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Another thing that stuck out to me when flicking back through:
In post 1585, DkKoba wrote:
In post 1565, Not_Mafia wrote:VOTE: DkKoba

Obvscum
people will literally do anything to avoid using facts to update tbeir reads bc they dont want to admit they are wrong and this game is just more proof of it
In post 1345, DkKoba wrote:i think u dont know what actual scumtells are @mark.

or ur purposefully avoiding reading previous games so u can keep pretending it is a scumtell for me

if u think im gonna sit here and let dumb theories be peddled ill be damned.

Imma be real with u that my townread on u has weakened significantly. And with ur scummy choice to vote sit on a slot that u are misrepping, i cant keep that to myself anymore.
I've pointed out several times how your behaviors have objectively not been in the interests of the town - I'd love for you to respond to my questions and provide a logical/objective defence, instead of which you tell me my scumreads are invalid because I don't know tells for you based on previous games. I feel like I've largely dealt in facts here rather than tone/flavour reasons for voting you but you keep moving the goalposts on what you consider a legitamte reason to suspect someone

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”