Newbie 2038: Elements [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:21 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Vote Count 2.2
Phosphorus, 15P
— reactive nonmetal, standard atomic weight 30.974, group 15, period 3, p-block

Egix96
(1):
muh316
(1):
cylstar
(1):

Not voting
(5): JDye, Mizzytastic, cylstar, 72offsuit, muh316

With 8 alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-11-15 02:50:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:59 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 392, Mizzytastic wrote:Egix is the sort of player I find super frustrating to read. I know this is in his town range from another game, I know that he gets pressure for it (up to and including leading wagon - can't remember if he got miselimed that game) as town and considering 40ish games played probably isn't changing any time soon. I also understand why he get seen as scummy and that scum can benefit from his playstyle. I guess he's just a good case of why what you are looking for with scumhunting is intent.

Don't really have any good ideas though, just frustration
I was mislim'd, yes... the one that ended the game, in fact :(

More on topic...

You and JD seem to be growing more suspicious of cyl, so why not join me?
cylstar
cylstar
Townie
cylstar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by cylstar »

I'm having exam period currently, as well as other commitments.
In post 398, safebet222 wrote:
In post 372, cylstar wrote: I find muh to be sort of town now.
Care to elaborate on that, cyl?
Idk, innocent until proven guilty? Well, also the fact that they were voting me when they could have voted AGP and have less pressure on themselves. If I remember the timing right that is...
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:13 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

If I can't case something more interesting cyl is my default vote before night. I'm just scared that the apathy is genuine I guess. I'm gonna try and reread and if I don't see something juicy from that I probably will
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:14 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

How does innocent until proven guilty not just make everyone clear?
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:25 pm

Post by Mizzytastic »

@c4 - the point I was making between me and Egix is don't you think we would avoid voting the same place for similar reasons with no town involvement at the time we voted?

With regards to my vote moving, the point I was making there was that the cyl wagon was going, I'd argue it stopped going because I moved. How does scum me protect anyone by leaving what you think was a town wagon that was chugging along nicely. I'd just be increasing the risk I come under pressure

I also find it weird you are shading both me and Egix for it after I had left

Also curious why you were so unhappy with me yesterday yet today you are going after Egix when I'm the one who was involved with the miselim,but that's a today question
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:41 am

Post by Umlaut »

muh316 was prodded.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:05 am

Post by muh316 »

An analysis of the AGP wagon. It started off in with Cylstar voting AGP as RVS even though we were clearly out of RVS. Then states in post 105 that they are voting for inactivity.

The real wagon starts on with 72offsuit analyzing AGP’s actions as scummy when he voted me because I’m the easy punching bag for town. Coupled with the scum slip and the comment on “just gas” seems like a solid case to build pressure.

Mizzy joins in on the wagon on stating that they agree with 72offsuit’s take on AGP.

JDye votes AGP on Explanation here seems like process of elimination with a fast approaching deadline.

Safebet hammer on .

Out of these 5, I still think there’s a really strong case against Cylstar. She voted AGP in the early parts of D1 claiming it was RVS. Then stuck with the vote for the whole day without applying pressure. When pressure was applied on Cylstar she sort of disappeared into the background.

The other scumlean I'm starting to develop a bit is on Safebet. The hammer kind of seemed opportunistic to me. After promising to hammer at 10pm, he hammered earlier than that. There was opportunity in those last few hours for me to get lynched as well. However, he hammered AGP and now starts off D2 with a wagon on me since I'm an easy target for a D2 lynch.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:06 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 378, 72offsuit wrote:Happy cakeday muh
In post 390, safebet222 wrote:@muh BTW... Have a great day! Beautiful weather in our fair city... Enjoy your birthday!
Thanks! And yeah the weather was surprisingly nice on my birthday. It's usually much colder this time of the year.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:12 am

Post by muh316 »

In post 394, Mizzytastic wrote:Also, something that is bugging me but I dunno how to turn into scumhunting. From other town perspectives I should be one of the grosser votes on Pig. Middle is often where scum join from a VCA perspective, I showed some interest in moving off cyl cos it was an early vote intended to sort, but I didn't show my working on Pig before joining. I know I'm struggling to keep up with the game, was having some icky thoughts about Pig that I hadn't voiced super well and liked 72s case but you lot don't.
If I understand correctly, you want us to scumread you for that? This post feels very LAMIST to me.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Not saying I should be scum read, just that I think it's weird that no one has thoughts about it cos scum!me would pressure someone else in my position there and I dunno what to make of it not happening to me?
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:13 am

Post by muh316 »

VOTE: cylstar

Forgot to do that in the initial post I made.
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:50 am

Post by safebet222 »

In post 407, muh316 wrote: However, he hammered AGP and now starts off D2 with a wagon on me
since I'm an easy target for a D2 lynch.
This is scummy...

Let's take another look at your wagon vs. AGP wagon. Cyl, 72, Mizzy and JDye were on AGP; AGP, C4, and myself were on your wagon until I asked Egix where he wanted to go... There was no reason to ask you, obviously. After Egix joins your wagon, who was gonna hammer you? You? With 2 hours left who was gonna hammer you? I wasn't gonna get distracted by my family and not hammer someone. Plus AGP's response was so anti-town, made me mad.

Now lets review Where day 2 stood when I voted you...

Cyl townread you in post 372

72 scum reads everyone from post 279, so he doesn't count. Plus he was pushing JDye at the end of day 1.

Mizzy has never indicated a scum read on you and, unless I'm understanding incorrectly, has had cyl on her scumlean list the entire game

JDye - Town read you in post 323, states 72 is his scumread

Egix -
Voted Cyl before I voted.

C4 - Voted Egix before I voted you on day 2.

By my estimation Cyl is the LHF today... not you. You must realize this...
muh316 wrote:VOTE: cylstar

Boy, didn't someone say that scum tend to not be the first nor last on a wagon for fear of scrutiny? Gotta find that post.
muh316
muh316
Goon
muh316
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by muh316 »

In post 412, safebet222 wrote:There was no reason to ask you, obviously. After Egix joins your wagon, who was gonna hammer you? You? With 2 hours left who was gonna hammer you?
The other 4 players in the game who could have been convinced of AGP innocence. I've also self hammered before :P viewtopic.php?p=2649614#p2649614
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by safebet222 »

In post 413, muh316 wrote:
In post 412, safebet222 wrote:There was no reason to ask you, obviously. After Egix joins your wagon, who was gonna hammer you? You? With 2 hours left who was gonna hammer you?
The other 4 players in the game who could have been convinced of AGP innocence. I've also self hammered before :P viewtopic.php?p=2649614#p2649614
Cyl in posts 295 and 340 made it clear that Pig was her perferred vote and she wasn't changing it

72 was pushing AGP hard during the day and JDye at the end of day 1.

Mizzy has never indicated a scum read on you and in post 347 indicated that the case for AGP was better

JDye - Town read you in post 323, states 72 is his scumread

and with 2 hours to spare and nobody even hanging around half the time, who was I going to convince?
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by safebet222 »

And just because you self hammered 10 years ago, that makes you town now?
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:08 pm

Post by safebet222 »

In post 170, Mizzytastic wrote: More generally. muh is saying not much. It's bad. We all agree he should say more. Can someone give me a scum intent for still not trying after people really start calling it out and voting there? Cos right now it feels policy elimy to me.
In post 334, Mizzytastic wrote:Is your read on Egix and Muh based on anything other than activity?
@Mizzy I know that these aren't directed at me but I want to answer your questions... I am voting muh not based on activity, muh has posted more than half of the players in this game... there is scum intent...

After not posting one read the entire game and cyl already having 2 votes...
In post 181, muh316 wrote:Sorry for post spam, but when I reply I find it easier to manage one reply at a time.

My reads in no particular order

Neutral:
Everyone not listed below

Leaning Scum:
72OffSuit - For constantly nagging me
Egix - For lurking just as much as I am but still remaining mostly under the radar
Cylstar - Scum vibes from the Mizzy buddying. Also just as inactive as I am but not getting the same treatment as me.

I would vote 72 because OMGUS. But that won't gain much traction anyway, so I'll UNVOTE: C4and VOTE: Cylstar
72off noted it in post 183... Looking to push the LHF

Then skip to day 2...
In post 412, safebet222 wrote: By my estimation Cyl is the LHF today... not you. You must realize this...
muh316 wrote:VOTE: cylstar

Boy, didn't someone say that scum tend to not be the first nor last on a wagon for fear of scrutiny? Gotta find that post.
Scummy as hell.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by Umlaut »

72offsuit was prodded.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:11 pm

Post by Egix96 »

In post 409, muh316 wrote:
In post 394, Mizzytastic wrote:Also, something that is bugging me but I dunno how to turn into scumhunting. From other town perspectives I should be one of the grosser votes on Pig. Middle is often where scum join from a VCA perspective, I showed some interest in moving off cyl cos it was an early vote intended to sort, but I didn't show my working on Pig before joining. I know I'm struggling to keep up with the game, was having some icky thoughts about Pig that I hadn't voiced super well and liked 72s case but you lot don't.
If I understand correctly, you want us to scumread you for that? This post feels very LAMIST to me.
It's a bit self-aware, but I doubt it's something that scum would be so open about.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:24 am

Post by 72offsuit »

c4

112: Scum-buddying sort of readslist - towards myself, cyl and hunter/safebet, while also white-knights/defends
cyl in his read of Mizzy.
Scummy +

194 Over-explainy / overjustifying post - this is EASILY one of my most successfully correct scumreads throughout my games on mafiascum.

Scummy ++

Votes for Mizzy in 111 and Muh in 194, both after I initiated pushes against these 2 players.
Agreed with my scumreads for those 2 at that time, and yet in 283 puts me as a preferred kick to cyl,
despite my high activity levels and cyl barely posting.
Only comment Re: a townread on cyl is super vague statement that she "Seems to genuinely be trying to figure out the game"
The discussion of preferred kick amongst FOUR wagons is not a town mindset either. He has 2 firm scumreads, why would !townC4 even
bother talking about cyl and my wagons, when Mizzy and Muh were both perfectly viable and likely to fly wagons.
Its also rare for Town to discuss kicking players they share key scumreads with.

Scummy ++

Sanity check - reading the slot from a town perspective, I'd say towniest post is probs

324 - "Take big issue with Egix and Mizzy forgetting this is a newbie game (re: cyl)"
is a post I can vibe with, potentially a town mindset here, to try to realign egix and mizzy on a player !townc4 is townreading.

Pretty slim pickings on the !townc4 front
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:25 am

Post by 72offsuit »

forgot the post linking. meh. deal with it
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:33 am

Post by 72offsuit »

cyl

105 - votes someone for lurking, despite lurking herself.
If cyl is town, then this reasoning for voting someone doesn;t really match up.

Overall the line of posts reads like someone new to forum mafia, unsure of themself and seeking approval.

219: I actually like the bare-as-bones readslist froma newbie perspective.
I particualrly like that she differentiates between activity of Mizzy as being overal pro town,
and my activity as being potentially pro town, but "a bit dodgy".

295 just reads to me as a newbie seeking affirmation.

372 seems like a reasonable town mindset.

Overall likely to be town. Low-hanging fruit for scum to kick.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:46 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 391, Mizzytastic wrote:Sorry about the prod, bit of a mental health crisis here this last week but I'll try and push through. I can respond to stuff as it bugs me fine but I don't have a great holistic feel of the game state.

Something game relevant so it is a valid prod response incase I pass out...
This turned into more of a post than I intended...

@72 Why is a jk more likely to have hit the killer than the target? Surely it'd be dependent on the jk's intent?

@c4 Still haven't answered my questions from yesterday. I'll make it easy for you and repost them so you don't have to go digging

Do you think me and egix are scummy for our treatment of cyl or just bad sports playing a newbie game that way?
If you think it's scummy do you think we make sense as a team with the strategy of being votes 1 and 2 on that wagon for very similar reasons?
If I am scum do you think my leaving LHFtown!cyl to join what turned out to be LHF town Pig at that time makes any sense as scum beyond the WIFOM scum!me is getting from asking these questions? If I don't leave there I think cyl has really good equity for being the wagon that goes through.

Also DADV was true cos Pig is dead, we know that now. Though hardly deader air than the rest of the game. muh wasn't the leading wagon
Someone that seemed like a solid player posted that In a previous newbie game of mine.
I really cbs trawling through my games.
I don;t have any stats or wiki page to back this up if thats what u were after.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:48 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 392, Mizzytastic wrote:Egix is the sort of player I find super frustrating to read. I know this is in his town range from another game, I know that he gets pressure for it (up to and including leading wagon - can't remember if he got miselimed that game) as town and considering 40ish games played probably isn't changing any time soon. I also understand why he get seen as scummy and that scum can benefit from his playstyle. I guess he's just a good case of why what you are looking for with scumhunting is intent.

Don't really have any good ideas though, just frustration
Yes, have personally benefitted as scum previosuuly from !townegix.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:49 am

Post by 72offsuit »

Mizzy

Micro vibe pings early game. Seemed to handle the push against him reasoanbly well, not overly defensive.

His poking, prodding felt pro-town.

131 sounds like its coming from a town mindest
Analysing players attitudes towards each other and whetyhere their (hunter's) words match their actions (vote)

Town ++

170 Town ++
I like this analysis and feel it is comingg froma town mindset, looking for inconsistency in posts.

"It feels like trying to look like you have thoughts about something people find important,
but they don't make sense with each other."

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”