Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2823, Flavor Leaf wrote:People pushing NM as ??? or similar definitely have scum within them. Not Mafia is not unreadable.
How do you read them? lol

I actually tried to meta n_m a bit ago and found no real pattern in their town vs. scum games.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:56 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 2823, Flavor Leaf wrote:People pushing NM as ??? or similar definitely have scum within them. Not Mafia is not unreadable.
im not pushing NM as ??. because im not pushing NM. im just saying i dont know how to sort NM. i was also thinking town but now youre making me doubt that, which implies that maybe NM is scum, or maybe youre scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

eh, gut. note when he posts, where he pushes, why he thinks that. Not Mafia is a tone reader. Also the position of where everyone is reading him. People are ??? him. I don't think he's that much of a weaker read than anyone else is at this point.

I'm diving more into his VP vote, and yeah,he could actually be the scum on the wagon there. I can't read him correctly, who am I kidding. But he is more readable than people think is the point I was getting across.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:58 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2826, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
im not pushing NM as ??. because im not pushing NM. im just saying i dont know how to sort NM. i was also thinking town but now youre making me doubt that, which implies that maybe NM is scum, or maybe youre scum.
I just have a tendency to play Devil's Advocate.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:05 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 2827, Flavor Leaf wrote:eh, gut. note when he posts, where he pushes, why he thinks that. Not Mafia is a tone reader. Also the position of where everyone is reading him. People are ??? him. I don't think he's that much of a weaker read than anyone else is at this point.

I'm diving more into his VP vote, and yeah,he could actually be the scum on the wagon there. I can't read him correctly, who am I kidding. But he is more readable than people think is the point I was getting across.
I mean I guess some people find it easier to read based on tone/feel but I have ISOed him recently and am genuinely struggling here.

I get that like any slot it will become more readable as the game goes on, but I'm also cautious about giving potential scum!him a free pass
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2761, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think we’ve been going in circles.
^^

How to win as Town:

1- TOWN HUNT. I identify TWO (or more) slots that you
confidently
TR.
2- Try your best to get your TRs then to also TR you and each other
3- Use PoE to eliminate the remaining slots staring with the consensus SR

How to LOSE as Town:

1- Fail at the above
2- Have everyone pointing fingers on everyone else.
3- Make sure there is NOT ONE consensus TR

How to win as Scum:

There are many ways, but the best one is to have the town implode on itself (see "How to lose as Town")

How to lose as Scum:

Fail to prevent the 3 conditions under "How to win as Town".

This mini-brochure was brought to courtesy of The Monkees. Main sponsor: The Blow Monkeys. Mascot: Monkey King. Design by: Monkie Kid. All rights reserved.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Marky Mark »

Anecdotally, the problem that I have with "he just feels kinda off reads" (and I know I'm guilty of this too) is that its all to easy to use this as a safe motive for pushing an elim as if the target flips town it's not like you've stretched or made a logical error of deduction

X Post with A50 - I'm reasonably inexperienced (played a handful of games in 2014 then took a 6 year hiatus until COVID killed my social life) and the idea of TR hunting was a new one to me this game, but I can see the logic in it.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:11 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Mark, how are you feeling about A50?

pedit: A50, didn't I ask you a question a short bit ago?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

If I was scum I'd make up a better justification for my read
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 2832, VP Baltar wrote:Mark, how are you feeling about A50?

pedit: A50, didn't I ask you a question a short bit ago?
by me is probably the best summary - they've not posted anything crawling in scumminess but a fair few bits of circumstantial evidence like first-choice geraint voting and a posting style from them and the player they replaced that make me feel like they are actively coasting. Like they've been reasonably active, but a great deal of that has been jokes/hypotheticals/mechanics related stuff
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I fully admit three is a reasonable amount of gutfeel in there - a good question to think about with a slot like that IMO would be 'if they were scum here, what if anything would they be doing differently?', which in their case I would currently posit would be 'not much'
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:21 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 2833, Not_Mafia wrote:If I was scum I'd make up a better justification for my read
I'll bite here - wouldn't town you think that
a.) their own reads are not 100% infalliable, so explaining to the rest of the players their justification will help develop the read communally and flesh out whether it seems reasonable
b.) other players might not be seeing what you are seeing so it makes sense to convince them of your POV and win them round by justifying/explaining it
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2784, VP Baltar wrote:Hey A50, I'd love to hear your thoughts more indepth on infinity and Taylor. Where do you stand on them and why? Your second post in the game, you said there was absolutely scum within {infinity, taylor, VP} because we were first to post in the game.
I also said that it was a statistical thing and not a rule of the thumb.

Right now I TR Taylor the most. I have 3 finished games with her and she was scum in 2 of them. I have went through the scum PT of the two and now I have more info about her scum game. (ex: "i like to play scum by encouraging mistakes and sowing mayhem." is an
exact quote
of hers, and I don't see it being the case here)

Next up, I TR you (VP) and it's mainly because of your D1 play, which I thought was consistent and came from a townie mindset.

Infinity is a claimed PR and I am leaning towards it being a genuine claim, and thus doesn't even need to be considered anymore, because it's self-resolving.

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:25 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 2836, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 2833, Not_Mafia wrote:If I was scum I'd make up a better justification for my read
a.) their own reads are not 100% infalliable, so explaining to the rest of the players their justification will help develop the read communally and flesh out whether it seems reasonable
b.) other players might not be seeing what you are seeing so it makes sense to convince them of your POV and win them round by justifying/explaining it
I did explain my read
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2786, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2520, Almost50 wrote:I am seeing my name thrown around, but I'm not going to interrupt my catch up process, so if anything requires a response from me, please be patient.
Are you still catching up, or...?
More like "catching down" as a result of that catch up, tbh.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2787, Infinity 324 wrote:Taylor's effort to engage with VP here is ++town
Thank you

Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:27 am

Post by Marky Mark »

In post 2838, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2836, Marky Mark wrote:
I did explain my read
I mean explain it more thoroughly, you are correct, you did explain it (after prompting) so we are fighting over semantics here :P
Marky Mark
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Marky Mark
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:30 am

Post by Marky Mark »

I'm going to call it a night there as Netflix/bed are calling my name. I largely agree with those who are calling to try to build up a bit of structure and consensus, this is kinda why I have been trying to be methodical today (d2) in narrowing down my pool of scumspects to focus on. I'm open to any reasonable(ish) ideas

Cheerio all - always a pleasure, never a chore :)
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, I generally hate it when people ask me to explain a TR. Sometimes one cannot explain why they TR someone without giving away something or another. For example, I may have "one lousy tell" on someone that I regularly use to read them, and saying that aloud nullifies it in all future games.

I may also TR someone because I think they crumbed a TPR (see previous game where I though Taylor was a Town Vig, but that went down the gutter as soon as she claimed VT), and it certainly isn't wise to say that aloud either way (if true I'd be exposing a TPR, and if they're Scum I am giving them proper munition to fake claim)

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:34 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

n_m, what's your read on koba?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

im town vig here btw, if you were wondering A50.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Sometimes I think they is scum, sometimes I think I just don't like their posting style
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2792, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 2790, VP Baltar wrote:Current VC after me quickly running through the past 12 pages.

With 11 votes in play, it takes 6 to eliminate someone.

VPB: 2 (Infinity 324, Tayl0r Swift )
Infinity 324: 2 (Not_Mafia, DkKoba)
DrippingGoofball: 2 (Flavor Leaf, Marky Mark, )
Tayl0r Swift: 2 (DrippingGoofball, VP Baltar)

Not Voting: 3 (Andresvmb, Almost50, JacksonVirgo)
Thanks

VOTE: VP Baltar
For instance, this is a Town move from N_M (regardless of the vote target). N_M just LOVES to hammer, and Scum!him uses that reputation to lol!hammer designated miselims. I don't see Scum!N_M willingly giving away his "right to hammer" like that. (Also N_M hates bussing and rarely ever does it) so..

Now watch me put my foot in mouth the next toime he rolls scum against me, when he votes early on a scum p and stays the course and I town!bin him for good, and he keeps me alive to E-Lo to secure the win. :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2825, Infinity 324 wrote:
How do you read them? lol

I actually tried to meta n_m a bit ago and found no real pattern in their town vs. scum games.
There
used to be
one that he managed to shake off of late. Scum!N_M would tunnel on ONE slot all game. That slot never gets eliminated and never gets NK'd, but is a town slot.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:53 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2842, Marky Mark wrote:pool of scumspects to focus on.
Unfortunately your focus is way off... I'm not boarding your yacht, cap'n.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”