Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2850 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:54 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

The gamestate has turned into a situation where VP is legitimately the best fade today, and I don't like that, especially in conjunction with how the early day happened. Scum don't have daytalk, so they're probably not playing as a team, and thus it's going to be hard to find scum because the scum are probably just playing survival individually. I could be wrong, but I think that's the gamestate we're in, which would imply scum is on the VP wagon, Occam's Razor.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2851 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2834, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 2832, VP Baltar wrote:Mark, how are you feeling about A50?

pedit: A50, didn't I ask you a question a short bit ago?
by me is probably the best summary - they've not posted anything crawling in scumminess but a fair few bits of circumstantial evidence like first-choice geraint voting and a posting style from them and the player they replaced that make me feel like they are actively coasting. Like they've been reasonably active, but a great deal of that has been jokes/hypotheticals/mechanics related stuff
You are starting to fall down on my read list, and it's because of this argument. For "having gera as 1st choice" to be relatively scummy you need to flip (or confirm) BOTH Infinity & DkK, and have at least one scum in the two. If all 3 wagons were on Town then I had to pick a Townie regardless of whom I voted.

The fact is I had ALL THREE if them on my 4-person PoE pool on D1. Infinity wagon was dying and DkK had 2 of my -then- top TRs firmly against it.

Now, if you are Town this is bad reasoning/logic and is going to hurt us (because you are likely to get eliminated for it), and if you are Scum it is still bad for YOU (because you are still likely to get eliminated and your flip will confirm me)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2852 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:59 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I really don't like all this mark suspicion that's suddenly happening
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2853 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2835, Marky Mark wrote:a good question to think about with a slot like that IMO would be 'if they were scum here, what if anything would they be doing differently?', which in their case I would currently posit would be 'not much'
Exactly! That's why I come across as scummy to players who have not much experience with me and/or those who cannot understand my playstyle. Try to read a couple of my most recent games as wither alignment and see for yourself.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2854 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2845, Tayl0r Swift wrote:im town vig here btw, if you were wondering A50.
Cool! I feel safe already. :P

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2855 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 2851, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2834, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 2832, VP Baltar wrote:Mark, how are you feeling about A50?

pedit: A50, didn't I ask you a question a short bit ago?
by me is probably the best summary - they've not posted anything crawling in scumminess but a fair few bits of circumstantial evidence like first-choice geraint voting and a posting style from them and the player they replaced that make me feel like they are actively coasting. Like they've been reasonably active, but a great deal of that has been jokes/hypotheticals/mechanics related stuff
You are starting to fall down on my read list, and it's because of this argument. For "having gera as 1st choice" to be relatively scummy you need to flip (or confirm) BOTH Infinity & DkK, and have at least one scum in the two. If all 3 wagons were on Town then I had to pick a Townie regardless of whom I voted.

The fact is I had ALL THREE if them on my 4-person PoE pool on D1. Infinity wagon was dying and DkK had 2 of my -then- top TRs firmly against it.

Now, if you are Town this is bad reasoning/logic and is going to hurt us (because you are likely to get eliminated for it), and if you are Scum it is still bad for YOU (because you are still likely to get eliminated and your flip will confirm me)
i dont undesrtand this post
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2856 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Taylor:
Of course, in one sense, the first essential for a man's being a good citizen is his possession of the home virtues of which we think when we call a man by the emphatic adjective of manly. No man can be a good citizen who is not a good husband and a good father, who is not honest in his dealings with other men and women, faithful to his friends and fearless in the presence of his foes, who has not got a sound heart, a sound mind, and a sound body; exactly as no amount of attention to civil duties will save a nation if the domestic life is undermined, or there is lack of the rude military virtues which alone can assure a country's position in the world. In a free republic the ideal citizen must be one willing and able to take arms for the defense of the flag, exactly as the ideal citizen must be the father of many healthy children. A race must be strong and vigorous; it must be a race of good fighters and good breeders, else its wisdom will come to naught and its virtue be ineffective; and no sweetness and delicacy, no love for and appreciation of beauty in art or literature, no capacity for building up material prosperity can possibly atone for the lack of the great virile virtues.

But this is aside from my subject, for what I wish to talk of is the attitude of the American citizen in civic life. It ought to be axiomatic in this country that every man must devote a reasonable share of his time to doing his duty in the Political life of the community. No man has a right to shirk his political duties under whatever plea of pleasure or business; and while such shirking may be pardoned in those of small cleans it is entirely unpardonable in those among whom it is most common--in the people whose circumstances give them freedom in the struggle for life. In so far as the community grows to think rightly, it will likewise grow to regard the young man of means who shirks his duty to the State in time of peace as being only one degree worse than the man who thus shirks it in time of war. A great many of our men in business, or of our young men who are bent on enjoying life (as they have a perfect right to do if only they do not sacrifice other things to enjoyment), rather plume themselves upon being good citizens if they even vote; yet voting is the very least of their duties, Nothing worth gaining is ever gained without effort. You can no more have freedom without striving and suffering for it than you can win success as a banker or a lawyer without labor and effort, without self-denial in youth and the display of a ready and alert intelligence in middle age. The people who say that they have not time to attend to politics are simply saying that they are unfit to live in a free community.

Seriously though; Marj is using the fact that I voted gera over Infinity/DkK on D1 as a reason to suspect me. Not only did HE also vote gera, but in order for his reasoning to have any merit there needs to have been a SCUM WAGON on the offer (so he can say I voted Town over Scum). Now if -hypothetically speaking- DkK/Infinity were both to flip overnight and they are both green, then I was being offered to vote a TOWNIE on D1 no matter where my vote went (of the 3 on offer).

It thus makes it a bad argument on Mark's part, unless he is Scum who KNOWS there to be scum between Infinity/DkK 9in which case his mind is projecting that my choice was bad because he already knows it was on the "wrong one" of the 3).

Let me know if you need me to further explain (by quoting a speech of Winston Churchill this time)

Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2857 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:23 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

are the two paragraphs from the same person? thats teddy roosevelt? some eugenicist or at least progressive it sounds like. your defense is strange... its based on the assumption that koba and infinity are both town...
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2858 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:26 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I think it’s Taylor, DGB, and Jackson.

Both DGB and Taylor are playing extremely careful in regards to me. Look at how their reads are positioned on me. It’s just enough so that I can’t fully push them without it looking like a tunnel. DGB pushed through the Gera wagon, now Taylor’s doing the same thing to VP.

Taylor is pushing a lot of town reads because she’s trying to get a blanket umbrella of protection, which is why she puts me in the other POE because it puts me in a choke hold where if I push her, it opens her up to be able to go after me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2859 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:27 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

DGB was at the center of 2 different stuff today, the DGB-Infinity, and then they also ended up claiming Vanilla
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2860 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:31 pm

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

In post 2858, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think it’s Taylor, DGB, and Jackson.

Both DGB and Taylor are playing extremely careful in regards to me. Look at how their reads are positioned on me. It’s just enough so that I can’t fully push them without it looking like a tunnel. DGB pushed through the Gera wagon, now Taylor’s doing the same thing to VP.

Taylor is pushing a lot of town reads because she’s trying to get a blanket umbrella of protection, which is why she puts me in the other POE because it puts me in a choke hold where if I push her, it opens her up to be able to go after me.
or im just not sure if i can read you. youre the one who keeps using weird excuses to shade me
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2861 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 2857, Tayl0r Swift wrote:are the two paragraphs from the same person? thats teddy roosevelt? some eugenicist or at least progressive it sounds like. your defense is strange... its based on the assumption that koba and infinity are both town...
Yes, it's Teddy.

And, no it's not. It's the laxk of evidence that there is scum in there than irks me. How does Mark seem to
know
there's scum between the two? And why did he vote gera himself if he thought one of the two was scum? And if it's a "new read" that he only developed on D2, then why is it not the same for me (or anyone else he put on that pool based on this bad reasoning)?? It's kinda hypocritical to claim "a group of people did this and I suspect them for it" when I myself have done the exact same thing at the exact same time frame.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2862 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

You can all go ahead and yeet me out of sheer boredom if you must.

I am vanilla and not optimistic about the town winning this.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2863 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

hey, i'm just deliciously eccentric, don't blame the statement
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2864 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:34 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2862, DrippingGoofball wrote:You can all go ahead and yeet me out of sheer boredom if you must.

I am vanilla and not optimistic about the town winning this.
I am very optimistic about winning this, and hope wins games.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2865 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:34 pm

In post 2860, Tayl0r Swift wrote:
In post 2858, Flavor Leaf wrote:I think it’s Taylor, DGB, and Jackson.

or im just not sure if i can read you. youre the one who keeps using weird excuses to shade me
That's how
I
feel about Marky Mark. He's obsessed with shading me and hasn't noticed there are other players in the game.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2866 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

It's different, though, I've barely talked to Taylor this game.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #2867 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@DGB: Boredom? What do you mean BOREDOM? Am I not entertaining enough?? :P

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2868 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:36 pm

In post 2861, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2857, Tayl0r Swift wrote:are the two paragraphs from the same person? thats teddy roosevelt? some eugenicist or at least progressive it sounds like. your defense is strange... its based on the assumption that koba and infinity are both town...
Yes, it's Teddy.

And, no it's not. It's the laxk of evidence that there is scum in there than irks me. How does Mark seem to
know
there's scum between the two? And why did he vote gera himself if he thought one of the two was scum? And if it's a "new read" that he only developed on D2, then why is it not the same for me (or anyone else he put on that pool based on this bad reasoning)?? It's kinda hypocritical to claim "a group of people did this and I suspect them for it" when I myself have done the exact same thing at the exact same time frame.
There is no will to yeet Marky, everyone is bamboozled by the fog of his courtesies.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2869 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:36 pm

In post 2867, Almost50 wrote:@DGB: Boredom? What do you mean BOREDOM? Am I not entertaining enough?? :P
You're the most entertaining!

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2870 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:37 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2869, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2867, Almost50 wrote:@DGB: Boredom? What do you mean BOREDOM? Am I not entertaining enough?? :P
You're the most entertaining!
rude
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2871 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:38 pm

In post 2858, Flavor Leaf wrote:Both DGB and Taylor are playing extremely careful in regards to me.
I believe it is you who may be playing careful, since you have managed not to raise my hackles.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2872 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

DGB -- why were you suspicious of Infinity at the start of the day?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2873 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I read FL's scum guide. First, well written. Definitely a lot of how I play scum in there. Second, it sort of makes me feel better that FL isn't scum here.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2874 (ISO) » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2850, Flavor Leaf wrote:The gamestate has turned into a situation where VP is legitimately the best fade today, and I don't like that
you mean best or most likely here?

I probably don't agree with either point, but there's a difference.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”