Newbie 2038: Elements [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: Land Down Under... Where women glow and men thunder

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:08 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 518, JDye wrote:Quick rundown of that iso diving though...

Muh read is very basic and you only make one point based on their posts. That point was brought up by numerous other people much earlier in the game.

Regarding the TvT wagon theory you mention in the same post. That's also something someone else mentioned today and something that people seemed to agree with. I thought it was a decent point at the time but I'm changing my mind now. If scumt honks their partner is undefendable, they're likely to just be audit and let what happens happen if they aren't on a position to push it and get town points.

For the mizzy read, you say you like their 131. I said that same thing on my entrance. To be fair, the 170 point doesn't seem to have been mentioned before.

Cyl read is weak and a turn from what you previously believed. You only started to read Cyl as town after mozzy mentioned doing something similar. Same for the AGP vote. Say they have a town mindset in their 372. How so? Seems pretty NAI to me. They literally say we should look at every player in the game bar myself and Mizzy. Don't know why they don't want to look at me when I'm in their neutral list. You seemingly like people finding contradictions but don't look at the contradictiom surrounding her agp vote in the 219 post that you think is towny.

C4. You don't like thier read list in 112. Something I mentioned on my entrance as being weak on content but calling it "scum-buddying" is new at least. Hard disagree with your point on 194. They give a mini read list and vote accordingly. Point in the middle of this post is only thing I think is genuinely new and good from all the ISO dives. I need to look more though when I'm on desktop. Ended up doing this in mobile in the end.
Show me EXACTLY which post I scumread/scumleaned cyl
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:09 am

Post by JDye »

Again with this "this sense as town perspective" as if you are the arbiter of what is town and what isn't. I've explained. A lot of what is in your reads I either disagree with or has been said before. Mentioned in my last post, there's only one thing is consider new in that post and it's something to look at more.

As for the quotes, fam, I've got shit to do. Two assignments due tomorrow. You want quotes, sure you'll get them, if you answer my questions properly. You mentioned to muh that he should act in good faith and assume you're doing the same, but that's not how you're acting with me.

I've attempted to answer anything you've asked me, you've refused to answer anything properly.
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:10 am

Post by JDye »

As for why I didn't bring it up sooner, I got prodded for inactivity mate. I wasnt here when you made them and i was posting last night from 3am to 5am. Wasn't exactly in the mood to make a massive post.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:10 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 519, JDye wrote:Will probably look in more detail when I can be bothered to get on desktop and once I've got the two assignments due tomorrow finished.

Since I've at least started to respond to your ISO diving which you seemed very eager for me to do, perhaps you could answer my questions?
I have ZERO incentive to do this.

You are making ZERO effort to consider the possibility of !townMe and are not even remotely interested in looking for a second "scumread".

Which points to !scumyou 70% of the time and useless town the reamining 30% of the time
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:11 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 526, JDye wrote:Again with this "this sense as town perspective" as if you are the arbiter of what is town and what isn't. I've explained. A lot of what is in your reads I either disagree with or has been said before. Mentioned in my last post, there's only one thing is consider new in that post and it's something to look at more.

As for the quotes, fam, I've got shit to do. Two assignments due tomorrow. You want quotes, sure you'll get them, if you answer my questions properly. You mentioned to muh that he should act in good faith and assume you're doing the same, but that's not how you're acting with me.

I've attempted to answer anything you've asked me, you've refused to answer anything properly.
It doesnt have to be now. I just want them at some stage.
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:12 am

Post by JDye »

In post 525, 72offsuit wrote:Show me EXACTLY which post I scumread/scumleaned cyl
I wil but I have other things to do when I finally get to my desktop.

See the difference in how willing I am to answer questions when compared to you. Ones a town mindset one isn't.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:13 am

Post by 72offsuit »

I dont care, if you dont answer my questions i dont care. It just makes you more confscum if u dont.

You scumread me for allegedly dodging your question and then are refusing to answer my questions unless i meet your demands.
Inconsistency. Double standards. Scum.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:14 am

Post by 72offsuit »

By your logic, you are scumclaiming if you refuse to answer my questions
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:14 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 530, JDye wrote:
In post 525, 72offsuit wrote:Show me EXACTLY which post I scumread/scumleaned cyl
I wil but I have other things to do when I finally get to my desktop.

See the difference in how willing I am to answer questions when compared to you. Ones a town mindset one isn't.
THats the thing. You arent willing. You are making ultimatums
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:16 am

Post by 72offsuit »

Muh and cyl, please vote for c4
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:20 am

Post by JDye »

In post 528, 72offsuit wrote:You are making ZERO effort to consider the possibility of !townMe and are not even remotely interested in looking for a second "scumread".
Cyl. I've mentioned this already today but I've been getting stronger scum vibes from every new post Cyl has made.

As for not considering you as town, uh what? You haven't done anything to make me reconsider. If I'm fixated it's because you've played such in such a way to make me. Bad reasoning then not answering a question. Remember?

As for ultimatums, yeah. I won't post the quotes if you don't answer my questions. You've had more than enough time to respond normally but you've refused. Repeated dodging of the question. So yeah, I'm happy to try to force you to answer. Difference between me and you here is that I would happily otherwise provide you with your quotes immediately. I have no reason not to, except for the reason you are providing me with.
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:23 am

Post by JDye »

It shouldn't be so hard for you to answer the questions though. They're simple. Should be easy. They're about posts where you seemed so convicted too, surely you remember your reasons.

Iin the time it took me to respond to your iso diving you could have answered. Why didn't you? You repeatedly tried to share me for stalling and not answering your question (did you think I just had a big analysis in my pocket to whip out on demand?) Yett you continuously dodge.
JDye
JDye
Goon
JDye
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:26 am

Post by JDye »

I'm just frustrated. If you're town, surely you recognise how unhelpful not answering the questions was and how useless your answers were when you responded. You didn't eve aswer the question in your supposed answer!?!?

I'm just gonna dip for a bit. I'll be back tomorrow. CBA with this when I've got uni stuff to do. Everything that I need to say has been said.
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:29 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

In post 515, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 511, Mizzytastic wrote:@72 what moved JDye temporarily from lockscum to scum read for you, before you moved him back?

Also if you liked my response to your initial push on my why didn't you act that way at the time?
He was always a scumread. Noone is strong scum day 1, despite what i write.
What moved c4 down then? You voted JDye after your c4 iso

And I'm still curious why I'm in your pile of scum leans end of day 1 if it was a reaction test, and why you left your vote there if it was just a reaction test.

UNVOTE:

Feel kinda gross voting with either of you right now unless it's for the other. And that "you two, vote" gave me bad feels, especially as I can see cyl seeing that and following without checking if it's a hammer

I'm also dipping for a bit, 3 hours sleep was not enough
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Kinda feeling 72/Egix or JDye/c4 right now. Maybe either with muh but I do feel like scum!muh would be more proactive end of day 1
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:22 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 538, Mizzytastic wrote:
In post 515, 72offsuit wrote:
In post 511, Mizzytastic wrote:@72 what moved JDye temporarily from lockscum to scum read for you, before you moved him back?

Also if you liked my response to your initial push on my why didn't you act that way at the time?
He was always a scumread. Noone is strong scum day 1, despite what i write.
What moved c4 down then? You voted JDye after your c4 iso

And I'm still curious why I'm in your pile of scum leans end of day 1 if it was a reaction test, and why you left your vote there if it was just a reaction test.

UNVOTE:

Feel kinda gross voting with either of you right now unless it's for the other. And that "you two, vote" gave me bad feels, especially as I can see cyl seeing that and following without checking if it's a hammer

I'm also dipping for a bit, 3 hours sleep was not enough
1. I mulled over my c4 iso and was more confident in that read as time passed.

2. My read on u shifted but i didnt out it as i didnt want u nightkilled, so i left u in the multi scumpile
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:24 am

Post by 72offsuit »

In post 539, Mizzytastic wrote:Kinda feeling 72/Egix or JDye/c4 right now. Maybe either with muh but I do feel like scum!muh would be more proactive end of day 1
K. This is town +++.
72offsuit
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
72offsuit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:25 am

Post by 72offsuit »

What r ur thoughts on hunter safebet Mizzy?
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:22 am

Post by safebet222 »

@mizzy and 72... Why is scum!muh more likely to be active at the end of day 1? And define end of day 1... Before or after I announced my intent to hammer AGP?
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:12 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

Pages 13 or 14. After the AGP wagon picks up, and as part of that I unvote cyl. He has a post in that time frame where he chooses to stick on cyl where I feel its kinda obvious momentum is more likely to land on him than 72 for a counterwagon. He also puts AGP as second scummiest to cyl. I feel like scum muh can put more effort in there - joining on AGP, defending himself.

Looking back it is a tighter time frame than I was remembering. So maybe he just got caught out. But when he was posting around then he didn't seem to have a sense of urgency about himself
Mizzytastic
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mizzytastic
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:17 am

Post by Mizzytastic »

After my initial light read on hunterr he felt generally town to me. I pushed him on an apparent contradiction but don't remember his response alerting me (the response generally being the important bit for intent cos town can be super inconsistent)

Safebet feels like he asks good questions about things that matter. Obviously I'd reassess him in a final x situation but I'm comfortable seeing him as town.
safebet222
safebet222
Goon
safebet222
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:49 am

Post by safebet222 »

In post 544, Mizzytastic wrote: Looking back it is a tighter time frame than I was remembering. So maybe he just got caught out. But when he was posting around then he didn't seem to have a sense of urgency about himself
Yeah... I'm beginning to think I meesed up our chance to sort muh out well by declaring intent on AGP instead of letting it play out over the final 6 or 8 hours... AGP already claimed but timeline was awful tight... IDK.

I think Muh had no incentive to be active after JDye and I split our votes between AGP and him. Even less after I declared intent, that goes for scum!muh and town!muh.
Egix96
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Egix96
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:59 am

Post by Egix96 »

In post 465, 72offsuit wrote:Cyl and Muh are
light townleans
who have
contributed next to nothing to this game.
Muh is scummier than cyl.
Do I smell... an oxymoron?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Umlaut »

Seeking a replacement for c4e5g3d5.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:19 am

Post by Umlaut »

“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”