Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:46 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3048, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3045, Andresvmb wrote:I also still very much think Infinity is correct.
You mean you think infinity is the correct yeet today?
Yes.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3045, Andresvmb wrote:I also still very much think Infinity is correct. Some of Tayl0r’s reactions can easily come from Town. If you’re so convinced that Koba is Scum, the reaction around the Claim can start to make sense. At that stage, there was some pressure on Koba. The one Scum motivation Koba could have in revealing that information (that Marky Mark is PR) is if they think that they’re not going to survive the day, and they want to give their Scum buddies a heads up (since they can’t communicate over chat, and the information would not have been accessible to the entire Team otherwise, which could be crippling).
Though to be fair to Koba, they just needed soft confirmation that Marky Mark hadn’t received the message, and easily could have explained what would give it away during the Night when presumably they planned on who to send the message to. So that theory definitely doesn’t hold much weight under scrutiny.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:59 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3040, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 2516, Almost50 wrote:
In post 2393, DkKoba wrote:in the world where you apply that logic, infinity has much higher scum equity as they didnt even have a reason to out.
I strongly disagree. In a vacuum, if someone told me they were in a game and players acted the way they did in this game (assuming it was anonymous, meaning I wasn't told "names" but rather codes. A did this, B did that.. etc); I would have concluded the towniest of all claimants/outed slots is the one that claimed Detective after having been tricked to believe there was a soft-guilty on them.

We haven't heard from Mark yet (at least I haven't reached the point) so setting him aside. You and DGB had the worst actions (i.e. claims) and you should be ashamed if you are Town (and in your case it applies regardless of your alignment)
Sigh. I don’t agree with this.

DGB made it seem like they had what appeared to me to be a Cop check yes? At least we know Infinity interpreted it that way. If I’m on the opposite side of this (and btw, I actually do have a specific game where I was on the other side of this so you can see how I approached it), I would have immediately concluded DGB was Scum and voted them. No claim from me, nothing. I would have pushed DGB to commit to what kind of result, and immediately started yelling for their death. It’s either a horrible gambit (which is what it turned out in my case), or Scum. So the fact that Infinity (i) claimed, and (ii) even more strangely, threw out a TR to DGB, is an incredibly suspicious reaction.
That's a very good point.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:00 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3050, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3048, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3045, Andresvmb wrote:I also still very much think Infinity is correct.
You mean you think infinity is the correct yeet today?
Yes.
They’ve reacted suspiciously under pressure, have made some declarative statements I really don’t understand, and they really believe the idea that their Claim should make them close to Confirmed Town and immune from pressure. Outside of the fact that they’ve been pressuring Town slots repeatedly. I’m baffled.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:06 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3053, Andresvmb wrote:They’ve reacted suspiciously under pressure, have made some declarative statements I really don’t understand, and they really believe the idea that their Claim should make them close to Confirmed Town and immune from pressure. Outside of the fact that they’ve been pressuring Town slots repeatedly. I’m baffled.
I agree with all that and will say I am worried infinity's claim is so unprovable that we get two days down the line and he is still alive. (Basically, exactly what I did in our previous game together.)
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:11 am

I could vote Infinity.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3040, Andresvmb wrote:DGB made it seem like they had what appeared to me to be a Cop check yes? At least we know Infinity interpreted it that way. If I’m on the opposite side of this (and btw, I actually do have a specific game where I was on the other side of this so you can see how I approached it), I would have immediately concluded DGB was Scum and voted them. No claim from me, nothing. I would have pushed DGB to commit to what kind of result, and immediately started yelling for their death. It’s either a horrible gambit (which is what it turned out in my case), or Scum. So the fact that Infinity (i) claimed, and (ii) even more strangely, threw out a TR to DGB, is an incredibly suspicious reaction.
When does scum ever guilty me in that situation? How the hell do I have the leverage to force a claim from
her
when
I
have a guilty on me?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:14 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2161, Marky Mark wrote:
In post 2117, DrippingGoofball wrote:The dead player was a danger to
To whom? I don't quite follow what you are trying to say here (sorry!)
In post 2130, DkKoba wrote:@mark whats 2x2+25-9?
20 I guess if we apply the conventional operator order. Why do you ask?
In post 2134, VP Baltar wrote:Will say, weird Koba didn't die after soft claiming power.
Pure WIFOM IMO - I don't see what the value is of bringing it up at this point in proceedings
In post 2144, DkKoba wrote:VOTE: infinity

nice scummy early claim
Why is that scummy? - I'm not experienced with PR optimal plays but it seems like this is good for transparency (ie he's not waited for DGB to ellaborate and then claim something that fits with the detail). I'm not defending him either, I just think its NAI.
And btw, this is ALL the confirmation Scum!Koba needed for Marky Mark PR. The Scum Team would have obviously picked up on this, and no further discussion was needed. They could have invented some ridiculous reason to ask the question, and we would have never known.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:17 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3056, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3040, Andresvmb wrote:DGB made it seem like they had what appeared to me to be a Cop check yes? At least we know Infinity interpreted it that way. If I’m on the opposite side of this (and btw, I actually do have a specific game where I was on the other side of this so you can see how I approached it), I would have immediately concluded DGB was Scum and voted them. No claim from me, nothing. I would have pushed DGB to commit to what kind of result, and immediately started yelling for their death. It’s either a horrible gambit (which is what it turned out in my case), or Scum. So the fact that Infinity (i) claimed, and (ii) even more strangely, threw out a TR to DGB, is an incredibly suspicious reaction.
When does scum ever guilty me in that situation? How the hell do I have the leverage to force a claim from
her
when
I
have a guilty on me?
You’re not understanding the point. If someone has a fake guilty on you (which you would know based on your knowledge of your actual alignment), you must conclude that it’s either a Scum ploy of sorts, or a gambit. So you would have tried to ensure that you narrow down what kind of result first, or asked more carefully if they’re serious, and you would have pushed back hard on it. But you immediately concluded it was a reaction test (without confirmation), which tells me that you know that DGB is Town in that scenario, and fishing.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:20 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

There was a 0% chance it was a scum guilty on me imo. I figured it was a gunsmith result or a gambit. DGB didn't seem to be taking it back, so I assumed it was gunsmith and she was forcing a claim. Yes it was dumb to claim there, but that was my logic.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Andresvmb »

And you’re right that Scum probably don’t come out beginning of D2 with a hard fake guilty. I can understand that part of it. But you didn’t push back on it much. You just clearly assumed it was coming from Town and then you coughed up a claim very quickly. And why TR DGB for the test? It lead to you revealing your Role. I would have clearly tried to make sure what it was before revealing any information that was damaging to the Town.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:25 am

Post by Andresvmb »

The broader point is simply that instead of seeking clarity and pushing back, you sought to defuse by claiming after a few votes and survive. You would have seen me get quite aggravated if someone maintains a gambit like that against me to the point where I’m forced to claim, but you weren’t even there yet.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:30 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Excuse me if I'm not behaving in the most rational manner if I have a guilty on me. When the reaction test was revealed, yeah I was pissed at DGB but I was more upset with myself tbh.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:35 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2608, Infinity 324 wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: DGB

Koba wagon is going nowhere, though I very much still believe they're scum.
In post 2609, VP Baltar wrote:Koba has the most verified claim at this point, which they made under no real threat of yeet. Either you think they are terrible at playing, or they made a dumb move as town.

I feel like a real Koba shill at this point, but jesus! I don't really follow the Koba is scum logic here.
In post 2610, Infinity 324 wrote:I agree with taylor that it was not a great play as scum or town. The claim was slightly town indicative but not enough to make them conf town or anything.
This interaction is Scummy too. Infinity immediately recognizes that VPB has a very valid point, but instead of fully conceding (and agreeing that Koba is Town), they leave an opening out there while moving on.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3062, Infinity 324 wrote:Excuse me if I'm not behaving in the most rational manner if I have a guilty on me. When the reaction test was revealed, yeah I was pissed at DGB but I was more upset with myself tbh.
The point is that you didn’t respond from a Towny mindset, from what I can tell. If you *know* you’re Town, you would have never entertained DGB there until absolutely forced to. This is not the approach you took. This much is obvious to me.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I guess what I'm saying is that I felt like I was forced to.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:42 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3065, Infinity 324 wrote:I guess what I'm saying is that I felt like I was forced to.
If you really are Town, you’re never forced to do anything there. Because if that gambit actually results in your death for some reason, then it’s obvious that the Scum Team drove the whole thing. So if anything, there you let yourself die. Particularly since Detective isn’t particularly strong. At L-1, if you’re I don’t know Doctor, fine claim. But you never even got close. It doesn’t make sense to me.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:44 am

In post 3059, Infinity 324 wrote:There was a 0% chance it was a scum guilty on me imo. I figured it was a gunsmith result or a gambit. DGB didn't seem to be taking it back, so I assumed it was gunsmith and she was forcing a claim. Yes it was dumb to claim there, but that was my logic.
This makes sense.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3067, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3059, Infinity 324 wrote:There was a 0% chance it was a scum guilty on me imo. I figured it was a gunsmith result or a gambit. DGB didn't seem to be taking it back, so I assumed it was gunsmith and she was forcing a claim. Yes it was dumb to claim there, but that was my logic.
This makes sense.
I've explained this a million times though?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:52 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 2122, Infinity 324 wrote:Well I'm town so
In post 2123, Infinity 324 wrote:I assume this is a reaction test, but lmk if you want me to claim
Like here. You immediately assumed it was a reaction test, and immediately offered to Claim. The fact that you never even considered that it could be a Scum gambit to out your role, and that you should be more defensive about it, I’ll never understand.

Anyway, I fully grant that this could be Town sub-optimal play as Koba mentioned, but I don’t know, I’m not seeing it.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:57 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I mean it is weird infinity was saying at the time it was a reaction test (which if true, why would you ever claim???), but then is saying he assumed it was a true guilty.

Also, if you are town! infinity and make a collosal fuck up like that by claiming, why assume Koba is scum and not also town who fucked up?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:58 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Once DGB didn't retract the claim I thought it was a gunsmith. And I thought koba was scummy for other reasons, not their play.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:00 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3070, VP Baltar wrote:I mean it is weird infinity was saying at the time it was a reaction test (which if true, why would you ever claim???), but then is saying he assumed it was a true guilty.

Also, if you are town! infinity and make a collosal fuck up like that by claiming, why assume Koba is scum and not also town who fucked up?
Except I can completely understand Koba’s logic.
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

isnt the correct play here to not kill infinity today and just have koba check infinity which will quasi-confirm both of them?
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Andresvmb
He/Him
Moment of Brilliance
Moment of Brilliance

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:07 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Koba is Confirmed. The above is preposterous.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”