2020 scum league fantasy football

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:06 am

Post by PJ. »

I have 2 of the top 8 running backs in standard scoring and have gotten less than 10.9 points out of those 2 spots 7 out of the 18 times. 10.9 is fine.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:26 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Also who could have predicted Vrabel would go full galaxy brain this week with ideas like "give my tight end goal line carries" and "cut a serviceable backup punter and sign a FedEx guy to take his place"
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Yay i dont think there has been a good reason to bench henry all year outside of his bye week.

If we do 10 in a league again i would push for just 4 in the playoffs with no divisions since 6 getting in feels bad. 4 of 10 no divisions just makes more sence. 4 of 12 with divisions is fine too
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

I am in a total of 4 leagues across 2 sites. In other league I play the guy that has david montgomerywho is in concussion protocol and won't play monday. They have a crap ton of people on bye and will essentially have to ir monty since he is out and find a start off the waiver. So yesterday I picked up Ryan Nall (Bears next man up). Dropped him today so he is still on waivers and picked up Dee Jay Dallas.

Now I have a good rb to start for multiple weeks since Seattle can't keep healthy RBs and the rest of whats on the waiver is backups projected to get 4-5 points at best

Side note I said Seattle should go after Bell. Looking at how they have gone through healthy RBs like TP, I believe my statement was 100% warranted and it would have been very worth to keep Bell on my roster if he went to Seattle
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:11 am

Post by PJ. »

Multiple weeks seems like wishful thinking considering Carson and Hyde both almost played this week and Penny is returning somewhat soon.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:19 am

Post by PJ. »

In post 451, Kilgamayan wrote:Also who could have predicted Vrabel would go full galaxy brain this week with ideas like "give my tight end goal line carries" and "cut a serviceable backup punter and sign a FedEx guy to take his place"
My point was more like...12 dudes at that position are averaging 10.9 pts a game(or more], and you *probably* don't have 3 of them
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 454, PJ. wrote:Multiple weeks seems like wishful thinking considering Carson and Hyde both almost played this week and Penny is returning somewhat soon.
Maybe, still dee jay has more value than Nall since chicago is on bye next week so montgomery should be free to play by week 12. So I think I kept the right guy while doing what could be seen as a dick move to help me win this week.

I'd rather have a guys that will play week 10 and maybe 11 than player that might get the start for chicago week 10

patterson could get the start for chicago but as he is listed as only a wr on that site that problem solves itself since he can't start at rb on fantasy with that listing

And my point about Seattle getting Bell still has value. Why the heck didn't Seattle go after him? hmm why didn't Bell consider Seattle? Both KC and Seattle are playoff bound. I admit KC has better superbowl chances but Seattle gives you better solo starter chances especially now. So I guess Bell must value that ring more than playing....actually given bells history of not playing, he probably does value that ring and the money more than anything. Bell like doing very little for big paydays CONFIRMED!
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:26 am

Post by PJ. »

Idk...if you waited until Saturday to figure out who your starting running back is, you can't really say putting a dude on waivers Sunday morning is a dick move imo.

I.e I have a running back on bye this week. His replacement was sorted out a week ago.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:29 am

Post by PokerFace »

I didn't technially wait until sunday to pick my starting rb this week. I already have James Robinson and Aaron Jones in that league. So they are my 2 rbs. I had not picked a flex yet. So its either gonna be Dee Jay or Claypool for me at flex

Edit: Oh you mean my opponent waiting until Sunday. I guess he thought Monty would play since he got an extra day to recover from the concussion. Otherwise he did drop the ball on finding a starter, yes
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think the goal is to have 12/12 leagues but clearly, this didn't happen this year. I think I like the simplicity of 4 in the playoffs and the extra week could change the fates of some times but you could certainly argue that 6 in the playoffs is maybe a little fairer but like I said with the 4 go to the playoffs you get that extra week so it's kinda like the wild card without the top 2 teams getting a bye.

I kind of agree with you that 6/10 going to the playoffs is eh but I don't feel like it's all that different than a 4 team playoff with 2 teams getting eliminated in weeks 14 non-playoff games.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Finally back to 0.500 \o/
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

I take offense to Yahoo labelling my team as "offensively challenged". I still won.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 460, Kilgamayan wrote:Finally back to 0.500 \o/
me too :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
racefan12
racefan12
Townie
racefan12
Townie
Townie

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:37 pm

Post by racefan12 »

L1 playoff odds:

PrivateI:
I wish I could bang on the home keys on my keyboard to create an appeal to emotion. It sounds so...soothing.

CuddlyCaucasian:
Mafiascum: a land where pansexuality is widely accepted and understood while two people who share the same first name cause mass confusion

You have questions about me? I try to give you answers!
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

poor KMD
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by PokerFace »

How did you calculate that race fan?

There are some suggestions I would like to add to Nero's suggestion list for next year

A. My opinion on IR spots.

I believe 3 IRs would have been fine since we had covid and we had no preseason. No preseason increased injuries and covid surely did too. I assume covid will be gone next year. I assume preseason will be back. If that is true, 1 IR spot is fine. 1 IR good for a regular season. But if we ever have no preseason again, add an ir spot. If we ever have covid or something similar again, add an IR spot. Minimum of 1 IR. Max of 3 if we get shananigans

B. We should add another bench spot, for a total of 16 roster spots.

I suggest this because let's think for a second. Who drafted first in the first round? Who drafted first in the last round? The same person drafts in both of those positions. So that person gets 8 first picks and 7 last picks in the current 15 rounds. Shouldn't they get the same number of firsts as lasts? As it stands drafting in positions 6-10 or 7-12, you kinda get screwed. Shouldn't it be equal for all players in terms of when you draft early and when you draft late? So let's add another bench to the roster and have a 16 round draft next time for this fairness.

C. If we got 10 players then 4 playoffs with no divisions. If we got 12 players than 4 playoffs with 3 divisions of 4.

We could also try 12 players with 6 in playoffs and 4 divisions of 3. I have heard good things about that but that may be changing too much so just what's by the C really

That's all I got
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by PokerFace »

16 roster spots may also help with fact we will be getting some players that opted out back next year. No telling how well those guys have taken care of their bodies with lack of gyms in covid. So 16 may balance well with the new players and how in shape they have kept. And since this does not effect every player since not everyone opted out, I think this is a better way to balance than to add an ir spot
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

the whole point of snake is so it's relatively fair. I mean, if we really wanted "fair" we'd just go full auction but some wouldn't want that and thats fine.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 459, Nero Cain wrote:I kind of agree with you that 6/10 going to the playoffs is eh but I don't feel like it's all that different than a 4 team playoff with 2 teams getting eliminated in weeks 14 non-playoff games.

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer here

PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by PokerFace »

In post 467, Nero Cain wrote:the whole point of snake is so it's relatively fair. I mean, if we really wanted "fair" we'd just go full auction but some wouldn't want that and thats fine.
I like snake and it is fair BUT with an odd number of rounds, its not fair enough. Need an even number of rounds so 16 on roster I suggest
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

There’s an online tool for it that runs 20,000 simulations (or more if you so choose):

http://ffodds.50projects.com/demo/week/10
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Ok thanks I will run the simulations and post results after this week concludes
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:11 pm

Post by Talitha »

In post 463, racefan12 wrote:L1 playoff odds:

So you're telling me there's a chance.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 472, Talitha wrote:
In post 463, racefan12 wrote:L1 playoff odds:

So you're telling me there's a chance.
No.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:42 pm

Post by Aronis »

Am I the only one that feels like my playoff odds are heavily underestimated? I realize I'm on the outside looking in, but assuming results hold- for being one of five teams above .500 and having more points than the fourth place team makes me feel like I should definitely have a better chance than 13%.

Also I'm very sorry I never updated my team this week. I promise I'm still paying attention. That's the first time I've started someone on bye all year and it won't happen again.

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”