Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:31 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 356, Endless Terror wrote:ok: gyp was your opening claim truthful?
I reassess that i'm a town ascetic yep

I'll make some more posts soon

Also boonskies i'm wondering, you're creating that flavor just by yourself?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:36 am

Post by Aristophanes »

V/la until Tuesday

I'll be around a little bit but I've gotta get some work done for school before I fail out again
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:40 am

Post by Endless Terror »

In post 450, Gypyx wrote:
In post 356, Endless Terror wrote:ok: gyp was your opening claim truthful?
I reassess that i'm a town ascetic yep

I'll make some more posts soon

Also boonskies i'm wondering, you're creating that flavor just by yourself?
1. Confirm you left out a part of the claim
2. Do not claim this part before we (Taylor and I) decide to claim it
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:59 am

Post by Gypyx »

Yes and yes
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:33 am

Post by The Pelican Brief »

In post 448, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:
In post 133, The Pelican Brief wrote:Those posts were meant to feel unnatural, I'm grasping for a handle on any slot right now read-wise.
In post 145, The Pelican Brief wrote: I don't like that your focus here is to state that my posts were scummy without actually explaining what the issue you found with them was.

My reply about those posts came
after
your vote.

~Taly
In 133 Taly says he made deliberately unnatural/scummy posts but then acts like I need to explain why the posts he says he crafted to be scummy are scummy

this is not how town plays
"Scummy" was never used as a term, don't twist it that way.

I wanted to see how people would react, so I make statements that aren't committal to see how people interpret them.
In post 231, Taly wrote: Just reminding you
HUB
, I'm not ignoring you, felt waaay too rolefishy for me to respond, so if you'd like to engage with me on my
"awkwardness"
or another player, that may lead to a better resolution of your read on both slots in this post.
Saying I didn't like the way they presented their role is not "rolefishy" and this seems like a pretty scummy overreach to me
I wasn't saying our claim was rolefishy, I'm saying your first post interacting with it was to say that the presentation was scummy , so I had no clue if you were doubtcasting the claim itself, or how I should communicate the claim more to you transparently that didn't give additional information
because this was something both Titus and I had discussed
. So, I focused on another reason you scumread me in , and tried to see where your head was at with other reads in the game.
In post 235, The Pelican Brief wrote:
Meanwhile in the Hydra PT

"You can work with the vote for now."

"GIRL, THIS IS THE PERSON WHO ENDS HALF OF THEIR D1'S W/O VOTING... usually not by choice due to chaotic hammers, but yeah."

uhhhh

VOTE: Happy Unbirthday Boon

;) Hopefully this entices you to read with extreme judgment. I want to know if my impression of you is blind or not.
this is a big attention grabbing vote that they do nothing with
:igmeou: Yeah, it was a big attention grabbing vote to get YOU to post something to the effect of 200 posts earlier, without the necessity for
ET
to pull your teeth for it
after you talk around me
(Page 18)

In post 282, The Pelican Brief wrote:VOTE: Samantha

~Titus and Taly
switching to Samantha here because why?
Titus
had pings with
Sam's
posts, so I leaned in on that for the vote whenever
Sam
chalked the
"likely story"
post up to a joke because I figured her intention of the wagon might not have been to get
BEF
to spew because her scumread on him was based around a lack of content. Since she dismissed
BEF
and never really followed up on him, I thought it possible that her wagon is scum-led. I thought she'd be more present in this thread to resolve her reads by now, and interaction with
BEF

So, I let
Titus
type the vote, just as I told her that I'd be fine voting
Sam
in the PT.

I thought it was a better exercise of time since I had no clue when you'd be in the thread willing to speak to me, but it's more like you're speaking to others about me anyway, and so this post serves to give me POV.
In post 297, The Pelican Brief wrote:
In post 295, Happy Birthday Boonskiies wrote:Taly, I'm down to jam if you're not going to scam
OK, humor me. ;) I dare you to make as many statements and ask as many questions as I am about to.

I think the universal townread on
Gypyx
is likely accurate but I'm confident scum also see the slot as a potential pocket... coming from someone who is often universally townread, too.

Actually, I'm weary of veiling most of my townreads right now because I don't want to come too quickly to a conclusion on any one slot, or scum to know where my POV lies within this game on D1.

How experienced would you say you are with
Titus
and I as players in mafia?

It irks me that
HUB
has the same reads in as he does in despite his presence.

I thought
Sam
would respond more to the counterwagon on her when the one she placed on
BEF
fell apart, I'm leaning on
Titus'
gut with this slot.

What is your angle of solving or read on
Ydrasse/TGP/ET
?

People I want to communicate more with are
Gamma/Bell/Ari

I think this is a fun and useful exercise, do you?

~Taly
1. I think a lot of what's going on in this post is pretty scummy, the weird paranoia around GX reads is scummy

2. making excuses for lack of townreads is scummy

3. complaining about me having "the same reads" after basically nothing has happened is really scummy, rest of the post doesn't strike me as townie either
1)
What's scummy about the
"paranoia"
with the
Gypyx
reads and how I presented that mentality? UTRs can be scum pockets, and so I wanted to voice that sentiment. I didn't go any further because I wanted to see how
Gypyx
townreaders responded.

2)
:mad: Again, you misrep me. I have multiple townreads, I'm just not apt to give all of them because I don't want a potentially strong towncore to takes hits by N1 and dissolve when it could be game breaking later in a large.

3)
A lot of things in the thread has happened, but you're only speaking about half the plist in terms of reads. Either you're handpicking a certain chunk of the large to sort first (which makes sense), or your original readspost was a positioning tool to stick with the same players.

Maybe the third point is a playstyle difference on how I interpret your slot, but the reason I wanted a back-and-forth with
HBB
was because I townread
HBB
and
Titus
didn't feel so strongly, and I wanted to see
HBB's
thought process on the game a little more so I can either encourage or dispel the confidence I had in a read with them.
It's the reason why I voted
ET
to drive dialogue from
Bell
. Ascetic claim voting ascetic claim. I am transparent about this now because
Bell
seems awol, and I feel confident with my read on
ET
as of this moment.

Taly's Scum Games

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=61479&start=25 - First completed Mafia game ever, I was an SK. Very old. Meta has changed.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=63741 - I was bussed mid-game. Old.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=76118 - I was multiball scum in a very different setup, still, scum.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=76098 -
Perfect scum victory
... also not that long ago, relatively-speaking.
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=76341 - Replaced out, but I was a traitor here.
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=79036 - Hydra scum. Traitor still. Lost because we outlived groupscum.
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=78138 - A 2-for-1 game. Town in one, scum in another... I want to forget this game haha
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=82724 - Replaced out. Bad head space. I was 3p, though. Most recent non-town roll.
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=82289 - 4p hydra, other recent scum roll.

Gamma
, you claimed N1 lightning rod in your first post. Do you stand by that claim?

~Taly
idk this just seems random for day 1, why is Taly posting so much scum meta? this comes out of nowhere and feels like overcompensating

This is my top scumread by far
Because,
HBB
said he never saw scum-me, and I linked all my scum games so he can evaluate them.
In post 303, Happy Birthday Boonskiies wrote:So, very experienced with you both, but more experienced with Titus. I've never seen you roll scum actually.
One mechanism I used to read people is based on how they solve me when I introduce meta opportunities to them, game links.
(This extends to other people meta'ing each other, which is why I'm very attentive to TGP+Ydrasse+ET and Gamma+Titus right now)
So the purpose behind showing my scumgames to people was to help see how the plist interacts with me when I give a clear opportunity to meta me. How they approach me, and what they conclude and in what context.

If I explain further, and say how I use this to help deduce alignment, it ruins the fact that I gave meta in the first place.

~Taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:35 am

HUB
, I'm not filling this thread with continual quote-walls. I'd rather we be more conversational.

~Taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:45 am

In post 454, The Pelican Brief wrote:I wasn't saying our claim was rolefishy, I'm saying your first post interacting with it was to say that the presentation was
rolefishy
I got words mixed up here.

Ariiii
iiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii <3
, when will you be free so we can chat?

~Taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:15 am

In post 352, Bell wrote:Probably the first and easiest thing to do here is just ask Gypyx if he was being honest with his opening claim.

Just FYI. I was not. My second claim however was true. :P
Pedit: between Taylor and shelly.
What did you expect from the
ET
vote? Also in respect to my opener and vote about it.

~Taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:27 am

This is the second or third game I've ever been with
Nico
ever and it was in larges where she was absent for much of the thread.

I genuinely have no clue on how to read this slot.

~Taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Gypyx »

Hey so, why is samantha getting wagonned exactly? It seems mostly like low-explaination votes compared to the rest of this game

bottom text
Happy Birthday Boonskiies
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:09 am

Post by Happy Birthday Boonskiies »

In post 380, Endless Terror wrote:Taylor townleans Ydrasse. For what it's worth they're my least-magnitude SR right now.

I feel like ydrasses defense in contradicts with poking at the claims list a bit
In post 384, Endless Terror wrote:
In post 379, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 377, Endless Terror wrote:VOTE: BEF

If we haven't.
I am trying to work with you to get over my OMGUS and you stick your finger in the wound.
eh i do think you've been scummy but im willing to work with you. if youre town just let your inner townie shine through.

and im not sure i townlean ydrasse. im gonna let shelly sort her is what i said i think.

-tay

pedit im open to it.
This is likely town. Don't think a scum hydra fakes a townlean for their partner, and then has the partner come in straight after and correct it. It's probably miscommunication while discussing reads in private, implying town.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:12 am

In post 422, Ydrasse wrote:something like you / gamma / then, like, pelican/endless/hbb boxing for third place
Ydrasse trying to get Pelican/Endless/HBB to box is pretty sus, like she's trying to set up a 1v1v1. Why can't we backflip for third place instead, Ydrasse?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:20 am

It's interesting how you null me so often, HUB. You don't think any of my content is readable?
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:56 am

In post 363, BrightEyedFish wrote:Hi, its almost 7am again.

Can someone recap the last 10 pages?

Also, please update the list with any new CLAIMS MADE.
Bell/Gamma
seemed to have not been serious with their first-post claims, so there's 3 claims in play.
(Bell's post flew over my head the first time.)

(Also Gamma, , Titus is the head who discussed Ircher's framing of Sam's wagon.)

This feels like a rehash from earlier, and I don't think my regurgitation 10 pages is helpful. I want to take a step outside of claims and the wagons involving you.

Any solid reads aside from
Sam/ET
?
In post 398, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 391, Endless Terror wrote:BEF why are your respnses so dodgy and fence-sitty and unwilling to take up responsibility for reading us. and basically making some ~effort~ to read us seemingly while still putting us as "maybe town, maybe scum" which applies to everyone.
-S
I not trying to be dodgy. I am attempting to articulate my read on you. Applying MS nomenclature I would say you are Null-Leaning-Town.

I am giving you the benefit of the doubt as I don't want the OMGUS from earlier to influence.

But if I had to make a definitive decision on your slot right now.

With gun-to-head, I'd say you are Town.
Coming back to the wagons, here.

What makes
ET's
push on you likelier to come from town and not
Sam
- who you are currently voting? Or rather, what makes
Sam's
push less town-indicative based on what you've seen.

~Taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:00 am

If Ydrasse is trying to get us and ET to box, she's not going to have any luck. Despite me not trusting shelly head, I have zero interest in eliminating there today. Pretty sure Taly feels the same.

The pushback on the samantha wagon but not the BEF wagon is noted. I want to specifically watch Ircher because his defense of Sam seems scummier than the wtf my pointless wagon isn't winning day one ala Gypyx.

~Titus
Hydra of Titus and Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 388, Endless Terror wrote:
In post 230, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 224, Endless Terror wrote:
In post 220, Tsunami Slayer wrote:gyp is confscum*
With our role and his claim I believe gypyx to be near locktown if he responds correctly.
brighteyed is also clearly not obvtown. their "list of claims" thing feels like rolefishing/busywork more than scumhunting.
72 your reads are terrible and that's a bad sign.
-S
How is it rolefishing when I only asked for people who had already claimed.

This is "busywork"

Also, BEF is always town in BT games. It's in my contract. Also, no nude scenes.

VOTE: Endless Terror
shelly thinks you scumread us here and now have slipped by thinking we are probably town. comments?
-tay
I feel like you're kinda taking a bad approach here, one that alienates people who try to actually fairly engage you. BEF tried to look past personal bias and got greeted with some hefty blowback. I would probably feel pretty disgruntled if that we me in that position. This goes to both your heads.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:09 am

Gamma, who is scum? Why do I want to fade you?

~Titus
Hydra of Titus and Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 422, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 419, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:Ydrasse who are your three top town right now overall?
something like you / gamma / then, like, pelican/endless/hbb boxing for third place

most of my reads right now trend more into null/scummy territory than they do towny ones
Interesting, a good amount of people have failed to get an impression from my posting thus far, what makes you different?
Also, what are the points for each of Pelican, ET, and HBB?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:14 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 430, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:I guess Nico is drifting more into my "would fade" category if she keeps not posting but that's not really a scumlean, just a slot I'm not excited to keep waiting to do anything
Nico is a chronic flaker, and I mean chronic in the sense one would talk about a disease.
In post 436, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:yeah, 13 posts even, that's 3x the number of posts of TheGoldenParadox!

[TGP, Nico, Ari]
[Pelican]

Pelican is the slot I think has above rand slot being scum off what they're saying
[TGP, Nico, Ari] probably has two fadebait and one low effort scum, but who knows it could have 2 scums
Imo Pelican is probably towny for the way they claimed at least, as for the other three I do think Ari should be posting more, TGP idk why he's profiled as low contribution, at least in the same tier as those other 2. He hasn't posted much but imo he has contributed.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:16 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Like I really feel like the cagey way they claimed neg-utility is a very towny way to do it, especially if I'm right about something else, something that will probably not be clarifiable until D3.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 448, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:Gamma point is scummy -- "scummy but different from one game" is a low information point that sets up lazy shade/distancing
this is like the only thing that resonates with me rn
I just had not one but TWO games where town!Titus caught scum!me pretty effectively, and now she's coming in here saying I sound scummy in a
different
way than our last game together. That in itself just doesn't entirely make sense to push, but with the next thing I'm mentioning it becomes disturbingly suspect. From my experience with Titus I feel like she should know I generally have a lhf style that tends to land me in hot water as town. The fact she has the experience with me in the broad sense to know me feeling vaguely scummy isn't really a sign I'm scum, and also the recent scum experience she claims I'm
not acting similar to
, but despite that still wants to pressure me, definitely gives the sense she wants to push me for questionable logic and get away with it by not defining her push in a meaningful way.
<Embrace The Void>

The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:51 am

@Gamma, to say I caught you last game is pretty wrong. Sure, my vote was on you. Yet, I had to agree with mastina and Nero. They're the ones who caught you.

Also, why are you expecting me to use meta as a baseline on you?

I'm trying to sort out why I feel the way I do on you. The truth is I don't know.

What are your thoughts on BEF and samantha?

~Titus
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:55 am

I do have a theory, but I want to reassess Sunday, when I can put more thought into it.

~Titus
Hydra of Titus and Taly
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 464, The Pelican Brief wrote:If Ydrasse is trying to get us and ET to box, she's not going to have any luck. Despite me not trusting shelly head, I have zero interest in eliminating there today. Pretty sure Taly feels the same.

The pushback on the samantha wagon but not the BEF wagon is noted. I want to specifically watch Ircher because his defense of Sam seems scummier than the wtf my pointless wagon isn't winning day one ala Gypyx.

~Titus
I kinda find it a bit odd you're saying the sam wagon is the one with more pushback rn, only person who seems to have gone on record as against it seems to be ircher.
In post 466, The Pelican Brief wrote:Gamma, who is scum? Why do I want to fade you?

~Titus
I think Ircher, sam, and tsunami are all deserving of pressure rn. I think you're the one who needs to answer that second question, and you trying to pass the buck on it is not good at all. Why are you trying to get me to post reasons against myself, when you should be the one posting reasons? Looks like you're fishing for something to substantiate your read after the fact.

despite the claim looking towny I'm actually starting to see pelicans as net scummy
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 471, The Pelican Brief wrote:@Gamma, to say I caught you last game is pretty wrong. Sure, my vote was on you. Yet, I had to agree with mastina and Nero. They're the ones who caught you.

Also, why are you expecting me to use meta as a baseline on you?

I'm trying to sort out why I feel the way I do on you. The truth is I don't know.

What are your thoughts on BEF and samantha?

~Titus
idc who caught me, you correctly voted me out there. And I'm expecting you to use meta because I would think you'd know that "Gamma looks scummy" isn't good reasoning when one is aware of how I generally come across, and it's even worse when you are saying my play is different to a scumgame I just played but still opt to push it. I'd expect a player of your caliber to know better than to push me for what you've expressed so far. You are essentially suspect for BoP reasons here. If you want to change my mind, you need to show your "read" on me isn't paper-thin.
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”