orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:15 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Ah, just noticed I am the replacement. I will read through the entire thread when I have time. Expect a comment from me either later today or tomorrow.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #1) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:31 am

Post by orangepenguin »

unvote silence
vote:BlakAdder
- He has contributed nothing to the game, jumping on several big wagons, and post things irrelevant to the game, and doesn't even back up his posts when he does post anything significant.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:29 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Rogueben wrote: Prods going out to Iron Man and orangepenguin.
I'm here.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:30 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Also, I don't think we should extend, unless BlackAdder claims without a counter.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (isolation #4) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I haven't said much, but I have been following along. From what I've seen, I'm not entirely convinced that Muerrto is scum. I need to do a re-read though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (isolation #5) » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

roflcopter wrote:orangepenguin, what do you think of armlx?
I think the over-defending of The Fonz is slightly suspicious, now that it's been pointed out. When I do re-read, which I'm not gonna do tonight, because it's almost 1 AM (in my timezone), I'll look at him more closely, along with Vamp/Muerrto, iamausername, and Greasy/ting, because of the recent discussion in this new day, which I haven't really responded to yet, because I wanted to read through first, which I need to do. Honestly though, I didn't think of armlx as a top suspect until now, so I'll go through, and see any scumminess from the aforementioned, or anyone else for that matter, if I spot something that raises a flag.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #909 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Like I said, I'm trying to look through the thread, which is hard at the moment. In the other games, I've been posting more because I'm caught up fully. But thanks though. In my first game, I lurked way too much for my liking, and I'll try to add more once I get going.

I'm no longer looking at armlx though. I didn't see really anything increminating day 1, so
far
(where I'm re-reading, to be clear).
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:35 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

orangepenguin wrote: I'm no longer looking at armlx though. I didn't see really anything increminating day 1, so
far
(where I'm re-reading, to be clear).
EBWOP: By that, I meant he was pretty pro-town during the beginning of day 1.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (isolation #8) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I have less than pages to go. I'm at the part right after Muerrto replaces in, so other than Vamp's pretty useless posts, who I think was just a bad player and anti-town, there isn't much of a case against Vamp (Muerrto) so far, IMO, so I'll return when I finished.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (isolation #9) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

strife220 wrote: I'm still happy with my vote where it is, but I just picked through the 'still alive' list and noticed there's quite a bit of lurking going on. Silence, Iron Man (I know, claimed mason), and
Orange Penguin are all very lacking on any contribution to the game thus far. Orange Penguin in particular has been truly lurking, as he's posting frequently in other games he's playing.
Before my read through, I assumed I posted more than I did. I am nearly done now. I didn't realize how little I actually posted. Probably less than 20 times, most of them barely any content. My apologies to everyone.

(Bolding in the quote mine)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (isolation #10) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alright, so I went through the entire thread for the first time since day 1 ended, looking closely at iamausername since he flipped scum.
iamausername wrote:
strife220 wrote:
iamausername wrote:Greasy Spot would make an excellent vig kill.
This post is scummy because:
a) Trying to control the Vig's kill-choice is anti-town
b) Greasy Spot actually provided a bit of a case against AIUN
c) Like 4 people have already said Vamp would be an excellent vig
d) You suggesting otherwise is defending Vamp (see b)
Wait, so it's OK for people to direct the vig to kill Vamp, but not Greasy Spot? GS/strife connection is starting to look as significant as Korts/SC.

By the way, I'm absolutely in favour of a Vamp vidging too, and have never said otherwise.
In his post, username says that the vig should kill Greasy (ting) instead of Vamp (Muerrto). In the last sentence, he sort of distances himself away, saying he is "absolutely in favour of a Vamp vidging".

Okay, so most of Vamp's post were useless oneliners and it was definitely bad play and anti-town, but I wasn't completely sure, based on that alone, that he was scum, because bad play =\= town. So I am jumping towards when Muerrto joins and starts posting. I'll bold the stuff I find relevant. (and I numbered them)

-----------------------
Muerrto wrote:This is kind of disjointed because it's as I read it:

Wow. Roflcopter...WTF. Armlx didn't fish for your role and claiming IM is town on page 1? I'll tell you when you're older? Geez dude drop the arrogance. Anyone who claims they found scum on page 1 is scum. I'll see if that opinion changes as we go along.

Armlx asking why Rofl thought IM was town isn't demanding an investigation result! It's asking how the hell you get a town read on someone on page 1. Korts joins the club with Rofl for post #35.
BOLDED PART #1
Iamusername comes in and smacks down Kort AND Rofl, townie points and 100% correct post.

Again rofl with crap logic. The only reson they ask why is X obv town means they're asking if you're a power role??? What the...NO the reason they ask is because they wanna know why the hell you'd claim someone obv town on page 1. It was such a god awful post he wanted to know how much crack you smoked before the game.

I don't like Rofl so far but Blak adding to him without content is bad.

I get what Lowell's going for with the masons but the logic's off. Sorry but Armlx's next post is dead on as to why.

And lo and behold Rofl claims mason, I'm quite okay with testing that myself at this point but we'll see how that changes. What a horribly bad claim.

Rofl goes off on Stranger unvoting even though IM confirming him means jack and squat since they could both be scum and Rofl is nowhere near a lynch at this time.

Um..Armlx didn't rolefish you, you came out in your very first post and said 'My mason partner is obv town' with no reason behind it. If you ARE a mason I feel sorry for IM.
roflcopter wrote:so i repeat, please stop being retarded and unvote before you get yourself lynched in armlx's place.
Mason or not I already don't like you, personally. You step in and basically say 'We're lynching who I want so suck it up or you're next' How the hell is that A. pro-town or B. encouraging enjoyment of the game.

Stranger votes Lowell for 'rolefishing' but he didn't fish it from anyone in particular and he stated his reasons that while flawed make some sense. Don't like Stranger doing this especially right after Forbid mentions it.

Blak unvotes when called out on his vote but still gives no reason for giving it in the first place.

Ok, Mason or not, Roflcopter's ego is insanely annoying. Do you read your own posts? You're also willing to quickly jump on anyone who jumped on you BEFORE your claim. Townies can't vote for someone who claims someone's obv town on page 1? Never seen a mason claim that early, wow. So bad.

Did I miss somewhere that said the masons in this game get an investigation? Whether they're claimed masons or not means jack. It means they're not LYING in their posts. It doesn't mean they're automatically RIGHT. The whole town is taking Rofl's word for gospel. How does he have more info than you do? Bad plays all around.
armlx wrote:
he claimed because Lowell asked the masons to claim and he happened to be one.
In that case, he is just dumb for listening to Lowell.
QFT. I can't believe he did. And I'm notorious for claiming early.

Um..Greasy, how does outing the Masons provide cover for the other roles? With the masons(glorified townies that can talk at night, by your own words) outed, the scum have that much higher chance of hitting a power role. Why would the scum kill the masons?

Don't like Blak's post again. Massively lurking and contributing nothing.

Forbid: Claiming vanilla helps the scum period. Townies don't(or shouldn't) lie about their role, period. So now the scum has 1 less target after losing 2 masons. Great shot at hitting some power roles. It is most definitely anti-town. Not scummy, anti-town.

OK, so IAUN tackled that one and Forbid responded in the correct way. His votes should be dropping off now from the large town tell.

Dear god how horrible a player is Vamp(me). Does he plan on contributing?

Hate Lowell's strat for the masons but like how he calls Korts and Forbid town. I'm getting the same thing so far after Forbid's last post especially. Kind of mid ground on Korts.

Stranger OMGUS's Forbid after he's shown some good town tells. He was also voting Lowell before he did it. Not liking Stranger.

Jesus Vamp comes in and just unvotes?

I can't tell if Greasy is legitimately upset or obv scum. Too stupid to be a townie? You're kidding.

Well, since I'm town I greatly dislike the rapid wagon forming on me. Especially Stranger's and IM's but sadly it seems IM always plays like this, contributing little and popping in for a vote. And since he's a 'mason' it looks worse on Stranger. Although Vamp is playing horribly.

Blak comes in, puts in no content at all and hypocritically FoS's Vamp and offers to vote him later when the town's okay with it.

Kort didn't rolefish. Armlx screwed up and confirmed he couldn't NOT be the vig because he likes killing night 0 and Kort read it wrong and said he confirmed he's NOT the vig. Not only was Kort wrong but he simply confirmed what he thought Armlx had already said. Bad to point it out? Yes. Scummy? No, if he was scum he could PM his buddies tonight and kill Armlx then if he thought he was the vig. Since he didn't push his lynch or anything, why would that make him scummy?
Korts wrote:FL, I never assume stupid scum, and when I see someone doing something blatantly anti-town, I can't help but call them out for stupidity. Also, I realize now that I completely misinterpreted armlx's post, so he hasn't, in fact, tacit claimed non-vig.
Case in point.
BOLDED PART #2
IAUN: I have no scum read on you whatsoever
but Kort never rolefished. He confirmed what Armlx had already said(wrong but till). Pretend Armlx HAD been against a night 0 kill. Then HE'S the own who accidently claimed non-vig. Kort reapeating it was stupid, not rolefishing, and not scummy(as stated above about him being able to PM and all).

Ok, I don't like Rofl's ego but I HAD to quote this post:
roflcopter wrote:in re: the vig fishing, it was not a smart comment, but it was not something i see as rolefishing.
The rest of the post about Blak possibly slipping comments to his scum buddies is off because as I've stated many times, SCUM CAN PM!!! Why'd he mention it during the day for the town instead of waiting for night to PM? Do I still think he's scummy? Of course. But not for this.

Stranger leaps onto Blak off Vamp when his wagon starts to die off. Anyone seen how many wagons Stranger's been on? Geez.

'I don't want to be replaced'??? Are you TEN? Jesus what have I got to work with here?

@Forbid: You see Vamp as scum at this point or a bad player? Don't lynch a bad player just because they don't contribute. Lynch scum.
Korts wrote:@fl: policy lynches (lynching Vamp because he's not likely to play insightfully) are bad for town, because policy lynching draws attention away from scumhunting, while also declaring the necessity for someone to die regardless of alignment. This does not lead to winning. I'm explaining this nicely to you because you seem fresh.
More town points for Kort. How is he still the lynch, Armlx? He never rolefished, you should know better than that. He stupidly spouted out info the scum didn't need but that doesn't make him scummy. See Ting in our last game, the Xxyzz one. He wasn't scum but he certainly told the scum exactly what to do in each situation. Everyone chewed him out for it but he wasn't lynched for it because he wasn't scum.

@Forbid: How was Vamp scummy? He was a bad player? He voted for wagons? But how is adding 1 vote to a random wagon going to lynch someone? He never pushed anyone's lynch, he never even gave content. He was simply a bad player. And I'm quite glad he was replaced.

Um...Korts, Rofl has been setting up day 2 and 3 lynches all game. Even suggesting Vig/SK kills. So if he's doing it as town, why does that make Armlx scum?

Stranger jumps on Armlx wagon. Is anyone keeping count how many wagons he's jumped any more?

I like the Vig directing actually but I'd like it on IM because:

A. He's lurking as bad as Vamp and not contributing anything.

B. I wanna test the masons.

One dead mason instead of the Vig possibly accidently hitting a power role randomly is a good trade and if they ARE pulling a risky as hell scum gambit, we'll know then. Saying wait till LYLO is all well and good but what if they ARE scum and we get to LYLO? Do we kill a mason to test then? When it'll cost us the game? I think not.

This way we don't waste our lynch on them though since the chance is slim they're scum.

Silence pops up, promises a post, disappears...I really hate lurkers. Not saying he's scum. Saying I hate lurkers on a personal level.
iamausername wrote:Point b) is total crap, since Greasy Spot has never presented any case against me besides "too stupid to be a townie", which is in fact not a case at all.

Point c/d) is also crap, because as I said, I'm in favour of a Vamp vig as well.

Point a) is also wrong, for the record.

Also, "trying to undermine the majority" is not a scum tell. Anything else?
BOLDED PART #3
He's my new hero.
The case at this point is extremely weak and being run by the person who voted him because he's 'too stupid to be a townie' which I called him out for earlier in my post. This wagon is bad.

Um..Stranger wants Lowell to explain his claim of tunnel vision by GS? Are you joking? He's been tunnelling IAUN all game![/b]

I dislike everyone saying directing the Vig or talking about the Vig etc is pointless and wrong and scummy. As I stated earlier, using the Vig to test the masons is pretty much the only way we can be sure they won't both be there in LYLO. Does it have to be tonight? No. But if the Vig dies we'll have to waste a lynch on a mason eventually, and I'd much rather waste a Vig kill than a lynch. If someone can explain to me in great detail why this plan is bad, please do so.

Stranger looks worse with his FoS to Lowell for something that has nothing to do with him being scum or not.

Blak jumps on Stranger when the momentum starts getting stronger. Bussing? I hope so because I still think Stranger's scummier than hell.

AYYYY! It's the Fonz!

Seriously OMG IM comes in says he has nothing for us, doesn't want to be replaced(in case his replacement misses they claimed masons? a stretch but Rofl has been saying his 'untouchable' 'confirmed townie' thing ad nauseam) and leaves. Perfect Vig test, period. WTF.

Stranger's the Vig? Hm...Well obviously the Vig isn't going to counter claim him. And we can't lynch him. But do I buy it? Hell no.

But in better news, the Vig can kill Stranger tonight if he's lying.
armlx wrote:That said, if SC is lying, there is no reason to counter claim or lynch her. Real vig just NK's.
More townie points for Armlx. Where is his wagon coming from?

In summary. Lynch Blak, Vig Iron. Directing the vig is NOT scummy. Vamp was a GOD AWFUL player. Testing the masons is 100% necessary before LYLO. Vig obv kills Stranger if he's lying.

Good day 1 so far, needs to end though. Not seeing the case on Korts per my post. How does everyone not have Blak on your list of scum?

Vote: Blak
1) Right away, he agrees with what IAAUN says
2) He has no scum read on him
3) He is now his hero

Well, normally, that wouldn't be a big deal at all, yet those kind of stuck out to me. Instead of distancing, like the Greasy/iaaun thing being discussed, he pretty much sides with him and what he says. He clears him without a doubt. And then, come day 2, username is dead. It's interesting that somebody he thought wasn't scum at all, was his "hero" (which I realize was probably not completely serious), and sided with IAAUN's argument. That just stuck out at me while reading that.
Muerrto wrote:
armlx wrote:
Vig Iron.
Where is this coming from? Vig claimed mason N1 seems poor.
And when the vig dies we either:

A. lose a lynch to test them

B. don't test them and hope

Sorry. I don't like either of those. It's a good a use of the Vig as any and it saves us from the 2 above choices.

Also, could you comment on the rest of the post? You too IAUN.
Even though it's not necessarily scummy in some circumstances, vigging the mason seems pretty anti-town thing to suggest.
iamausername wrote:
Sun Tzu wrote:However, the idea of lynching a mason to test them is retarded.
Muerrto wasn't suggesting that we
lynch
the masons, but that we get our vig to kill them. Not that that's a whole lot better.
However, I don't think his suggestion is scummy for the same reasons I didn't think Lowell wanting masons to claim immediately was scummy. Dumb, not scum.
Muerrto wrote:Why? Masons are simply townies who can PM. If I was mafia OR an SK there's no way I'd waste my kill on a mason instead of hunting a power role.
Masons are townies who can PM,
and will never be lynched after claiming
. That's far more significant than being able to PM.

Also, SK is inv-immune, so he has no need to hunt cops. One doc is already dead. Vig has claimed. So, at the most, he's got one doctor to worry about hunting. I'm pretty sure he'll be taking out a claimed mason soon enough.
Muerrto wrote:The whole town is taking Rofl's word for gospel.
I'm honestly not seeing a lot of this, most people have been either ignoring or disagreeing with his "WE ARE LYNCHING THESE PEOPLE" posts.
Muerrto wrote:IAUN: I have no scum read on you whatsoever but Kort never rolefished. He confirmed what Armlx had already said(wrong but till). Pretend Armlx HAD been against a night 0 kill. Then HE'S the own who accidently claimed non-vig. Kort reapeating it was stupid, not rolefishing, and not scummy(as stated above about him being able to PM and all).
Yes, if armlx had said what Korts thought he said, it would have been dumb. Korts still would have been rolefishing, because the way armlx (and possibly others) reacted to Korts pointing out armlx's apparent mistake could give more clues about the identity of the vig. I mean, I can see townKorts saying it without thinking, but it
was
rolefishing.

After a reread,
Unvote, Vote: BlakAdder
. He's been mostly lurking, popping in from time to time to make a poorly or not at all reasoned vote on a popular wagon (roflcopter here, StrangerCoug here), or a post that has no actual game relevance (asking for a votecount, telling everyone else to post more, etc.).

Also, re forbiddenlight's wall o' text post:
BlakAdder wrote:EBWOP: Finally breached the massive wall of text. Great job there, Forbiddan. This just made scumhunting loads easier.
In regards to the content itself, you did a good job of keeping neutral, not painting anyone in a good or negative light.
I'll have finished going over my own notes in a minute, and I'll have a more game-related post.
Pretty much freely admitting that he's just going to go along with someone else's reasoning, plus some total buddying up to fl. Also, this "more game-related post" doesn't appear to have ever materialised.

Also think this:
BlakAdder wrote:Crap, what is that, four claims on Day one, now?
is a scumtell in much the same way as the classic 'congratulating the doc'/'moaning about how bad the previous night was' tells are.

His desparation to distance himself from TinVision here is likely significant too.
In this post, IAAUN defends Muerrto, but does it in a way that shows he doesn't agree with him. Distancing?
Muerrto wrote:Scum Muerrto: Wait, people don't like the idea of testing the mason's? Ok, I'll back down and fit in and listen to the town.

Town Muerrto: You're all wrong, period. If they live till LYLO and cause us a loss it's on all of your heads and I'll be sure to say I told you so.

Hence:
Muerrto wrote:As for the masons, having a different opinion isn't scummy. If we don't test the masons, we'll regret it later, all I'm going to say about that since I'm in the minority. But I will be sure to say I told you so when it comes up.
Anyone voting or even CONSIDERING voting me for that is scummy and looking to start a wagon(except Rofl apparently according to everyone else and maybe he's just playing poorly like the first 20 pages, he seems to leap around alot on who he thinks is scum).

@Armlx: This is completely in character for me. I don't give a crap what everyone else thinks, I know I'm right and if they're scum and win because of it then it's gonna suck.

@Rofl: You're right, I can't stand you just from reading your posts. BUT, you're contributing and your partner(be it mason or scum) isn't, period.

There's 4 scum. Anyone who thinks the mason plan isn't sheer genius on the part of the scum is the one's who retarded. You can look at how the whole town immediately cleared them both to see that.
While I don't find the mason vigging
as
scummy as other things he's done, I do think his idea is scummy. Vigging Ironman would only be beneficial to the scum. I just don't understand the idea behind vigging IronMan of all people.

Although it wasn't very obvious, I think there was a connection between iamausername and Muerrto. Unfortunately for Muerrto, he replaced Vamparific, who wasn't that great of player, so he already had that on his shoulders, BUT, he proposes a crazy idea of vigging Iron Man, because for some reason, he doubts them still.
Vote: Muerrto

Greasy Spot wrote:Well obviously it seems like no one else holds the same feelings about iamausername as I do so my single vote won't do much good.

Which question was that?
Greasy suddenly dropping his constant vote on iamausername was quite odd, considering how hard he was pushing it. Even if it was a while since his last vote, he was pretty persistant. IF he and username were distancing though, that would pretty much clear the other if the other ended up dead. ting though hasn't been really suspicious though, but I am gonna
FoS: ting =)
also.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (isolation #11) » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:29 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Still happy with my vote. The game kind of stagnated though, so I have just been reading, instead of actually posting.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1004 (isolation #12) » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Sorry. I haven't posted in a while. Was catching up in another thread I replaced into, but I have been following along with new posts. Still content with my vote.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (isolation #13) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:56 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Still here. Been busy today, and will be busy tomorrow. Don't expect comment from me until late wednesday, or thursday.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (isolation #14) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Alright, so I'll probably have more free time tomorrow. I'm sorry I am contributing to the non-posting. :(
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1105 (isolation #15) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Okay, I am gonna try and get back to playing an active role in this game. I have been busy, and I am tired of keep putting excuses out there. Just because I have limited time for whatever amount of games I am in doesn't mean I can't even post a line or two.

Toaster
, have you finished yet? It's a large game and so I don't expect you to be done until a few days, but since you're new, I look forward to seeing a fresher look, cause I don't really see why the only cases recently have been on supposed bussing that may or may not be true, which is why I haven't bothered in voting for either choices as of now. Neither cases are that strong (or else I haven't been paying too much attention, but I think the former is true), so..

I probably should do a re-read, but with my busy schedule and procrastination, I have been putting that off. Being September now doesn't really help though. =/ :roll:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1125 (isolation #16) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:23 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

strife220 wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:I don't really see why the only cases recently have been on supposed bussing that may or may not be true, which is why I haven't bothered in voting for either choices as of now.
So you're only going to assess other's cases for choosing your vote? There's still lots of time left in the day and tons of people in the game... anybody should be able to come up with a at least half decent suspect.
Like I kind of said, I've been lazy. :oops: But I do need to re-read, because I haven't in a while, and if I find a case worth exploring, I will do. :)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1155 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:41 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Um, not sure if I exactly promised anything, just said I NEED TO be more active. Otherwise, I should be replaced. I just don't like rereading threads that have tons of pages over and over again. I need to work on that. But I wasn't promising anything, just noting that I haven't been that committed and I need to step it up a bit and help out. Not sure if that's scummy or not, but I guess it can be perceived as active lurking, since I have been keeping up with the posts. I was going to comment anyways. Usually, in all my games, I just stay quiet if the conversation doesn't concern me, and then days pass quickly.

Don't like how strife pretty much forced Korts to claim. It was probably necessary, to prevent a lynch, but the way he said it sounded pretty bad. (CLAIM OR DIE) Not sure if that's enough to warrant a vote.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

StrangerCoug wrote: "Claim or die" is pretty common to say when someone's at L-1. Some people like it, some people don't, but I say it's a null tell.
strife220 wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:It was probably necessary, to prevent a lynch, but the way he said it sounded pretty bad. (CLAIM OR DIE) Not sure if that's enough to warrant a vote.
That's sort of a catch phrase on mafiascum. Do a search on those words and you'll find tons of people use the phrase.
Oh. So it definitely isn't worth a vote, or even a fos. Null tell it is.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (isolation #19) » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

So people are simply voting ting because they don't want to Korts to be lynched even though they don't think ting is scummy? :? I get that he is the doctor, so he shouldn't even have votes on him at this point. Don't know why skitzer and Toaster Strudel are still voting them. Have they posted since Korts has claimed?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 19, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Can we, uh, get a post count, so we know what the dealio is?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (isolation #21) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:06 am

Post by orangepenguin »

If BM hasn't posted in a while, he should probably be prodded/replaced. I agree that he has offered little to nothing and "coasted", even though it's likely he thought he was done and Jordan was coming back. The only thing I remember from Jordan was he was trying to pass off a Tin (me) and Blakadder scum team, when Blakadder flipped town, so that retarded case on his part. I don't think we should lynch somebody (ting) just so we can save Korts. If we want to save Korts, then the people voting him should unvote (skitzer, TS). That seems like the easiest solution, instead of voting someone that you don't feel is scum, but you'd rather lynch them than the doctor.

Fos: skitzer, TS
, btw. By now, unless we get a counter-claim, it's safe to assume that he's telling the truth. (unless we have no doctor, which would also explain no counter claim)
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (isolation #22) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:23 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Explain to me where the case on me is, other than me contributing less than ting =)?

Basically, people were voting ting, because they thought he was more scummy than Korts the doc, and now people are voting me, because I am more scummy than ting? Is that it?

I think ting =) is grasping at straws right now. The deadline is tomorrow, and he's freaking out. I didn't think ting =) was that scummy, but I did think Greasy Spot was.
Vote: ting=)

To be honest, this won't the first game where I have been lynched for being "unhelpful" and contributed little. In those games (N639, Reality Mafia) I flipped town. If you're basing your vote on my relatively lazy unhelpfulness, I'm sorry, but that's how I play. I'm trying (very badly I might add) to change that, and be a better player. If you think I'm not giving content, ask Ben to replace me, but for some reason, this always happens to me - I get lynched on my playstyle with no case on me and flip town.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (isolation #23) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:26 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Actually, ting =) was part of the people who mislynched me in N639 Day 1 and farside (I think) was part of the people who mislynched me Day 5? in Reality Mafia, and therefore lost the game. Interesting.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Ok, I was gone all day yesterday, but was prodded in someother game, so I responded to that one so I wasn't replaced, so I didn't notice the new day finally started until now. Looks like strife hasn't either.

SC, I'll try not to appeal to emotion. I will step up my game, helping out and stuff, or else I will totally expect being vigged because I shouldn't be slacking off. I made a commitment to this game when I signed up to replace into it.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (isolation #25) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I wouldn't mind a mass claim.

I presume everyone wants me to go first?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1291 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:47 am

Post by orangepenguin »

The Fonz: ???
fobiddanlight: Vanilla townie
farside22: ???
Korts: Doctor
skitzer: Mason (confirmed)
StrangerCoug: Vigilante (confirmed)
strife220: ???
orangepenguin: Vanilla Townie

I presume the rest of you are claiming too then? Also, do games usually have two docs, because killa 7 was the doc, but was killed Day 0. But the set-up says 0-2 doctors. The list says Korts is unconfirmed, but since he protected SC, doesn't that make him confirmed as well?

Should I do the popcorn method, and choose someone, or should we have whoever responds first?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:24 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Maybe The Fonz, since he's been under some scrutiny lately. Don't really matter, I guess, as long as everyone else claims. Since you're hear, you might as well though.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Well, yeah, but anyways, popcorn..strife or fonz, strife or fonz......

Don't care. Whoever posts next can claim.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:48 am

Post by orangepenguin »

TS, you were pretty much confirmed since Day 1, since the first couple of threads. We're just waiting on the people who haven't claimed now.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:48 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Argh! *facepalm*

Why did he post then? Or was that supposed to be a 'bah' post? :?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1315 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:03 am

Post by orangepenguin »

At least Korts didn't notice either, so I'm not the only one. :oops:
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

forbiddanlight wrote:Um...Korts did notice.
:oops: Well, penguins don't concern themselves with worldly affairs. :cry:

But seriously, a week until deadline, so I am gonna get serious.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:29 am

Post by orangepenguin »

StrangerCoug wrote:orangepenguin hasn't been appealing to emotion, but he hasn't been contributing enough to my liking either, which was one of the conditions he had to meet if he wanted to stay alive.

Vote: orangepenguin
I've surely posted more. I claimed when asked, I haven't been lurking. If you wanted me to do more, you should've said something. :?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

forbiddanlight wrote:

I've surely posted more. I claimed when asked, I haven't been lurking. If you wanted me to do more, you should've said something. Confused
...is there any reason you can't think for yourself? This actually makes me change my vote. This is reaction in it's purest form. "Oh, I'm not looking townie, better listen to the confirmed to blend in". You need to be PROACTIVE at town and furthering the goals of town victory without prompting. Scum caught out are MUCH more likely to toe the line of what someone says, saying "They should have said something" when they still find you suspicious.

Unvote, Vote OP
Better listen to the confirmed? Um, well, they did say step up your game or be lynched. I am town. I don't want them to mislynch me. Doing half of what they asked (claiming, but I haven't really stepped up a notch yet) isn't really not thinking for myself. I thought I had stepped my game, but I guess I didn't. Nobody said anything until I got voted, and now you are jumping on the wagon. YOU are not confirmed. Chances are that you are scum. I HAVE been thinking for myself. I don't know how claiming when asked and then saying "you should have told me I haven't stepped up my game" makes me not thinking.

SC, who do I think is suspicious? Well, fl for starters. Also fonz looks kind of suspicious now that ting flipped scum. And I guess I could be a little OMGUS, and think, if Korts did fake-claim, that he's scum. But isn't he confirmed? If he isn't, then I think he's scummy, but if he is cleared, then no.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1335 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:52 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Wide? How so? I think you just don't like that you're one of them. I am leaning towards you being confirmed, but I am not entirely convinced. You being scum doesn't really add up if the fonz are fl are scum though. I can see those two being partners.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1336 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

vote: forbiddanlight

I was going to make a case first, but considering I am at L-2, I might not get a chance not.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (isolation #37) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:48 am

Post by orangepenguin »

You're just as confirmed as I am. I know my role. Obviously, I just said I had no case on you. I need to go back, and see if there is even one. I thought I was going to be lynched. Rather than make a case, and get to the last page to find out I was lynched, I voted first, present a case second.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1344 (isolation #38) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I am going to unvote.
unvote

I will be looking at all the unconfirmed. My vote was just a bit unwarranted because I didn't really expect fl to do that. :roll:

@Fonz: I do believe the biggest attack I made on anyone was Muerrto. And then he flipped town, so I was really lost. I thought I had made a good case and found scum, but then it turned out I didn't, so I just stopped going by what I thought at that point. I don't like making controversial decisions simply because I don't know how. After all my games I played, I still don't have a solid idea on what to vote on and how and where to find scum, except at looking at there posts, and interpreting them. Call it scum or not, I just do the best that I can personally do. And yes, that is me appealing to emotion probably, right?

I like how I say I think Fonz, Korts, and fl are my top suspects. fl had already voted me, Korts shortsly followed, and now Fonz is getting ready to jump [the shark] and vote me. Eh, if I am L-2, I might as well get going and do something. Even though that's my least part of Mafia, is going back and reading. But whatever. I will do that.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I really don't think Korts is the doc.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (isolation #40) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:35 am

Post by orangepenguin »

strife220 wrote:deadline in 48 hours. Can we lynch OP now?
I think I am going to be deadlined lynched anyways. I think strife is pretty pro-town though, even though he is voting me.

I don't really have a case, and I don't think it would sway anybody anyways, because people seem deadset on me regardless of what I say, so I am not going to put effort in re-reading, quoting, and putting together a case, just so I can be lynched on Saturday, but I think either The Fonz or forbiddanlight are scum. You probably will think I'm omgusing, but fl has been wishy washy and hasn't really done anything all game, and Fonz had that "distancing" case against ting, which turned out false. I'm not even going to bother voting. I want to remain in the game, but I don't think it matters. I don't really wanna claim, since you won't believe me anyways, so I guess you'll find out the truth about a certain someone. Do not trust them.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (isolation #41) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:43 am

Post by orangepenguin »

The Fonz wrote:Er... you already claimed. Die plz.
Um, obviously, I wasn't talking about that. :roll: I am not a vanilla townie. I tried dropping hints, but I am the doc. Korts was lying. I would've counter-claimed earlier, but since it wasn't near lylo, I wanted to see if Korts would've led us to scum. Since it looks like I am the lynch for today, now would be a good time. This is why I (along with the two I replaced for) kept a low profile. That was part of the PR. Obviously, it was easy enough to guess that I protected SC. Korts is still alive because he is scum. Why else wouldn't the scum kill the claimed doctor and kill the mason instead? Exactly.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1370 (isolation #42) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:51 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Isn't it SC's decision, not the town, to decide who to vig? Your reaction is exactly why I was hesistant to claim in the first place, and now counter-claim now that scum has claimed doc first. If I die tonight, the scum will kill our vig because I won't be here to protect him.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:52 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Korts wrote:OP, die. If you were the real doc, the claim wouldn't have come this late.

Strife, I can agree with that, if OP comes up doc, I'm the obvious vig target.

vote: orangepenguin

Sorry, scum.
Oh, you hammered. :shock:

Bah, go town!
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:54 am

Post by orangepenguin »

*penguin squawks loudly as the noose is wrapped around my penguin head. tries to fly to away, but fails, due to my flightlessness. a painful penguin lurch is heard as the last artic bird in the game is hung. the WWF is called after an endangered penguin species is found dead*
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1478 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Hah.

I am glad my claim served a purpose. I attempted to buddy up to strife, but nobody mentioned that, but I am glad he got taken out after me. *evil penguin laugh* Basically, I was going to die anyways, so I wanted to go out quickly, and cause confusion in the process. If I had just waited, that wouldn't have happened. There was no way I was going to defend my self under the circumstances. I had faith in my partners. I think we would have won if iamausername wasn't killed by the serial killer. We were actually hoping the SK would live, and we just took out Sun Tzu for other reasons. Karma, I guess. Good game. This was the first game I looked at when I joined this site, to see what Mafia is. I then joined my newbie game, and eventually, I was lucky enough to replace in. This was my first time as scum, so it was interesting.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1494 (isolation #46) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:40 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Well, me and farside tried to take out the doc, but someone send in the kill for a mason.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (isolation #47) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Yeah.. nobody talked that day, so I thought nobody sent in a NK. I waited in the daytalk, and nobody responded for the several days of night.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”