DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3750 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:45 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 3745, Infinity 324 wrote:Honestly I mostly see scum have regular-looking readslists. Yeah the don't keep their options open as much, but they don't draw attention to themselves. Also, these posts don't seem like he's trying to keep his options open:
In post 3475, Marky Mark wrote: Taylor I am nullish on - I thought her criticism of Gamma's placeholder vote on N_M was opportunistic and she flipped between several of the main wagons yesterday but the wider general feel of her posts is townish and it feels like she has been trying to actively scumhunt (certainly more than some others rn) so I just don't think its a good elim choice compared to some others (DGB, A50, Andres)
In post 3534, Marky Mark wrote:I am content to vote Andres (or possibly A50 but as that is more of a feel-read, I'd rather refine it by hearing more from him (eg on his scum suspects as requested)) to reach a consensus if there is no will for an elim on DGB but it's hard to look past here when she slings stuff like above eg insinuating that I have no reads - I genuinely don't understand how other people aren't seeing this !?
Of course he's keeping his options open.

Taylor:

nullish
opportunistic
fliipping around
townish
scumhunts
not as good elim as others (but he's still open to it) such as DGB, A50, Andres

Andres:

I can vote Andres
I can vote A50
I'd rather vote DGB
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3751 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

I’m also going to agree that having the Detective claim their check beforehand is silly. I would rather have the opportunity for that to potentially hit Scum than have it be confirmed somehow. I don’t know what the value of that is, but I also don’t know Marky Mark’s full role.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3752 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:47 pm

In post 3749, Andresvmb wrote:I’m leaning Town on Tayl0r after I ISO’ed so I’m feeling better about my vote.
Me too but had had not noticed the CLAIM STALL.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #3753 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3748, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 3747, Infinity 324 wrote:Jesus, is that too obvious to be a CW attempt?
CW? Court Wizard? Counter-Wagon?
Counterwagon yeah. Like I'm skeptical that's enough of a reason to change from

PEdit: DGB, it's pretty clear he can't justify a vote on them except as a compromise right?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3754 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:47 pm

In post 3751, Andresvmb wrote:I’m also going to agree that having the Detective claim their check beforehand is silly. I would rather have the opportunity for that to potentially hit Scum than have it be confirmed somehow. I don’t know what the value of that is, but I also don’t know Marky Mark’s full role.
He didn't claim watcher?

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3755 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:48 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3751, Andresvmb wrote:I’m also going to agree that having the Detective claim their check beforehand is silly. I would rather have the opportunity for that to potentially hit Scum than have it be confirmed somehow. I don’t know what the value of that is, but I also don’t know Marky Mark’s full role.
The thing is, scum can use the same person to perform the kill tonight that they used n1. So it doesn't really matter in terms of finding scum, unless we lim the player who performed the n1 kill.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3756 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:49 pm

In post 3753, Infinity 324 wrote:PEdit: DGB, it's pretty clear he can't justify a vote on them except as a compromise right?
The door is wide open to make that compromise, a vote is already pre-justified - he can remain scumsistent and vote a whole bunch of players.

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3757 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3754, DrippingGoofball wrote:
He didn't claim watcher?
Not explicitly as far as I can tell. I won’t speculate further.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3758 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:51 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3755, Infinity 324 wrote:
The thing is, scum can use the same person to perform the kill tonight that they used n1. So it doesn't really matter in terms of finding scum, unless we lim the player who performed the n1 kill.
Well what I would do is potentially announce the check with the caveat that if we flip Scum, it doesn’t hold since theoretically we could have flipped the person that committed the NK, so there’s some value in chasing at that point.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3759 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

@Koba can you get in here I want to discuss what’s happening with you. I want you to update your read on VPB and tell me what you think.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3760 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:54 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3756, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3753, Infinity 324 wrote:PEdit: DGB, it's pretty clear he can't justify a vote on them except as a compromise right?
The door is wide open to make that compromise, a vote is already pre-justified - he can remain scumsistent and vote a whole bunch of players.
Idk, compromise voting locks you in quite a bit as scum, and you usually end up voting someone who probably would've gotten limmed anyway.

PEdit: yeah ok.
Mark, I'm going to target DGB if we lim town today, but if we lim scum, I may target someone else.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3761 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Me wishing i didnt have work rn
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3762 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:00 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 354, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 291, JacksonVirgo wrote:The part where they're talking about eating the NK after they yeet a scum is them being incredibly confident that they're going to lynch scum D1, which is mathematically unlikely and Town hardly ever has that much confidence given Townies would know next to nothing outside of what their role is. Also the fact they're extremely confident that Koba or themselves is going to die at night, that means that they're incredibly confident that Koba is town and it's like scum is needing to pocket Koba but not push their full innocence as they might be a needed push later down the line and they don't want to put the full effort of having to develop a full ass 180 story.
Yeah, I'm confident that if Koba is town here, we have pretty good odds of yeeting scum D1. I don't play to lose or hem and haw. Neither does Koba is my sense.

Further, if Andres and DGB are town, scum are in for a rough road. That's potentially 4 fairly aggressive town players to contend with from the start.

Why should I concede D1 has to be a misyeet?
I’m also going to argue that a Scum flip by VPB clears JV. Don’t see this exchange being SvS.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3763 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:03 pm

In post 3760, Infinity 324 wrote:compromise voting locks you in quite a bit as scum
Are we talking at cross-purposes?

He is willing to compromise on nearly anyone. How does that lock him in? I see that nearly all the doors are open.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3764 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3762, Andresvmb wrote: I’m also going to argue that a Scum flip by VPB clears JV. Don’t see this exchange being SvS.
Why?
In post 3763, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 3760, Infinity 324 wrote:compromise voting locks you in quite a bit as scum

He is willing to compromise on nearly anyone. How does that lock him in? I see that nearly all the doors are open.
It locks him in because he can't vote whoever he wants. He's still forced into voting his top SR's as long as they're viable wagons. Like, I'd compromise on taylor if that was our only option to avoid a no-elim, and I think there's almost no chance she's scum. Being willing to compromise means nothing.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #3765 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:16 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 3759, Andresvmb wrote:@Koba can you get in here I want to discuss what’s happening with you. I want you to update your read on VPB and tell me what you think.
I still think theyre town and i wanna only vote in taylor/nm for the most part
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3766 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1723, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 1720, Andresvmb wrote:Anyway I welcome some input from others on this and you can all yell at me for focusing on the wrong thing if that’s what I’m doing. This could also be confirmation bias on my part.
I don't think you're wrong that infinity is clearly OMGUSing me for voting him. I think Taylor's reasoning is equally bad and her crying foul act every time I ask her a question is sus as hell, but I'm fine yeeting infinity today. I think the scum equity is maybe not as high as youd think (maybe like 65% odds flip red in my unscientific estimation), but I'm willing to concede I'm wrong often and infinity isn't exactly winning me over since I voted him.
I mean... yeah, VPB/Tayl0r is probably not SvS, and if we trust Infinity’s claim, I do think we should swing against VPB here.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3767 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3764, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3762, Andresvmb wrote: I’m also going to argue that a Scum flip by VPB clears JV. Don’t see this exchange being SvS.
Why?
In post 3763, DrippingGoofball wrote:

It locks him in because he can't vote whoever he wants. He's still forced into voting his top SR's as long as they're viable wagons. Like, I'd compromise on taylor if that was our only option to avoid a no-elim, and I think there's almost no chance she's scum. Being willing to compromise means nothing.
@Infinity, that post that JV made is too specific. Does it read like distancing to you? It doesn’t to me. It’s well crafted and reads like a legitimate push in my eyes. It also came very early in the game, and I don’t think Partners look to discredit each other so early. I have seen players do it, sure. It’s just less common. You’ll notice that VPB returns the favor to some extent, SR’ing JV at different moments, and putting some votes down in that direction. I just don’t see it.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3768 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:28 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3765, DkKoba wrote:
In post 3759, Andresvmb wrote:@Koba can you get in here I want to discuss what’s happening with you. I want you to update your read on VPB and tell me what you think.
I still think theyre town and i wanna only vote in taylor/nm for the most part
I think you’re wrong, and I think you might be pocketed. I don’t think Tayl0r is going to flip Scum, and I think you should consider what I’m saying. However, I am not going to fight this too hard. If Tayl0r flips Scum, great. That’s progress. If not, it should make it crystal clear that VPB is Scum.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3769 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3744, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3705, VP Baltar wrote:Taylor/A50/nm might be the squad here. They could be holding rank since NM doesn't talk and has few associatives. Plus lack of day talk probably means bussing is less likely since scum don't want to hurt each other's feelings without asking first.

Infinity is alternate for Taylor.
You’ve been saying Infinity is Town for a long time, really? Are you sure about that?
I have not been saying. I said one of taylor or infinity is absolutely scum here. Are you intentionally trying to misread me at this point?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3770 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:32 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3767, Andresvmb wrote:@Infinity, that post that JV made is too specific. Does it read like distancing to you? It doesn’t to me. It’s well crafted and reads like a legitimate push in my eyes. It also came very early in the game, and I don’t think Partners look to discredit each other so early. I have seen players do it, sure. It’s just less common. You’ll notice that VPB returns the favor to some extent, SR’ing JV at different moments, and putting some votes down in that direction. I just don’t see it.
I can see the reasoning for JV being town from that in a vaccuum, it does look like a genuine read to me. I'm not convinced scum specifically
wouldn't
distance in that way, but maybe they're a little less likely to.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3771 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:33 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Actually no, VPB didn’t vote Jackson. I mistook a Tayl0r vote for a VPB vote. There was some shading back and forth but no vote.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3772 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:35 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 3732, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3725, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3724, VP Baltar wrote:@andres - you realize I was saying flavor town long ago, right?
Uhm, you’ve been calling it a 50/50 like 10 minutes ago. I think you need people to believe that in case Tayl0r flips Town, so that you don’t get immediately executed. But if Tayl0r flips Town, you should be executed I’m afraid.
I'm really not following your logic here. My point is that you are clearing infinity for saying Flavor is town, and I've been doing that for a long time,just not related to a night action
So what are you saying here then? The way I read it, you’re saying that you’ve been TR’ing Infinity outside of their Night Action clearing Flavor. Is that not what you meant?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3773 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:39 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 3772, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3732, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3725, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 3724, VP Baltar wrote:@andres - you realize I was saying flavor town long ago, right?
Uhm, you’ve been calling it a 50/50 like 10 minutes ago. I think you need people to believe that in case Tayl0r flips Town, so that you don’t get immediately executed. But if Tayl0r flips Town, you should be executed I’m afraid.
I'm really not following your logic here. My point is that you are clearing infinity for saying Flavor is town, and I've been doing that for a long time,just not related to a night action
So what are you saying here then? The way I read it, you’re saying that you’ve been TR’ing Infinity outside of their Night Action clearing Flavor. Is that not what you meant?
No. I've been saying I'm willing to give infinity a night to prove his claim (which is suspicious, but that is still the right play)

I know you can't see my alignment, so I get it. But from my perspective, those two having exactly the same reads and hanging up on me all game means one of them is scum snowing the other. There is 99% chance one of them is scum though from my perspective.

Infinity's claim doesn't mean shit to me until he gets a confirmed guilty
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3774 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:46 pm

Post by Andresvmb »

Oh I misread it. I replaced Flavor for Infinity in the original post.

In any case, it’s ALSO not true. When Flavor came in, you said that you liked their posting, but would maintain your skepticism in that direction. I can find the specific post. I think that Flavor has not been seriously pushed, so you never really had to adjust too hard there, and now that Flavor has claimed, it’s just convenient.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”