Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3350 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3345, The Bulge wrote:
In post 3339, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3335, The Bulge wrote:gamma, you believe in ro3 yea?
Yeah. It’s not a great tool but it’s one I try to find use for. Why?
what do you think of a world where 2 scummos are hurling shitbricks at their most established miselim target, while the other 1 scummo believes that target's claim and matches[/surpasses] his aggression with a bus on the other 2?
Are you suggesting a team of Shea/me/??? (Pooky? Blitzo?)
The sense of that suggestion really rides on who your suggested third is in that worldview. Because I’ve already been adamant that thinking me and Blitzo are scum partners is just not proper.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3351 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Looking closer at I feel like it’s a bit overly broad. There seems to be a metaphorical canyon where the context for what Shea is saying just drops off until the Noraa claim is brought up.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3352 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:33 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3351, Gamma Emerald wrote:Looking closer at I feel like it’s a bit overly broad. There seems to be a metaphorical canyon where the context for what Shea is saying just drops off until the Noraa claim is brought up.
What does this even mean?
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3353 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:36 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3331, Thestatusquo wrote:Then noraa gets more votes and he parks his vote on blitzo and disappears for the rest of the day:
This line in particular just strikes me as brushing away a good amount of the D2 happenings, which is probably fair if this was done via ISO, but I feel like it is something that needed to be called out. You jump from bulge justifying his Noraa vote all the way past the role softs, my neighborhood claim, and the buildup and fallout of Noraa’s claim it seems. That’s a lot of context to pass over.
<Embrace The Void>

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3354 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:41 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

The reason I'm passing over the context is there wasn't a lot of context there in the iso imo.

There is more to bulges play on day 2 that I'm not talking about, specifically he does spend some time talking about blitzo. But that's not relevant to my post. You asked me what I thought was not town actions from bulge specifically. If you want me to break down the rest of the day I'm going to tell you to do that yourself, because that's not the work I was trying to do.

I never claimed to be giving you a full breakdown of the game or even of bulges play during the game. I don't think that context is super relevant to what I'm talking about so I find it kind of weird that this is what you think its important to react to. Do you think the bulges reaction to noraas claim is the reaction of a town player who has the role he claims to have? Why are why not?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3355 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:53 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

Like we have a situation where there is 100% scum in {me, bulge} and you think that I am 100% scum because I was unable to finish getting bulge yeeted while you are not willing to vote for a player who a) did nothing to find scum on day 1 b) tried to get the IC killed the day before it was confirmed town for no reason c) didn't protect the IC that night and claimed to have protected Kasu who there was no reason anyone would kill and then acted like this confirmed him as town because his role made a lot of sense with the setup, something he clearly didn't feel at all when the role was claimed and d) then didn't protect the IC AGAIN despite that being the clearly correct play.

If you're scum you need a new argument and game plan and if you're town you need to reevaluate bruh.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3356 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think you not WORKING to get Bulge yeeted D3 is just a concrete example of a game-spanning trend of you not doing much to try to progress the game despite being the highest poster overall. I was the only one D3 even starting to try to get a wagon going.
<Embrace The Void>

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3357 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:06 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 3356, Gamma Emerald wrote:I think you not WORKING to get Bulge yeeted D3 is just a concrete example of a game-spanning trend of you not doing much to try to progress the game despite being the highest poster overall. I was the only one D3 even starting to try to get a wagon going.
This is just completely inaccurate description of my play. I strongly pushed a noraa yeet day 1 and 2. I pushed bulge day 3. I think its a valid critique of my play on day 4 because I was sincerely confused because multiple people told me that bulge was likely town because of setup construction despite the fact that my gut was screaming bulge was still scum. So I backed down, which I got attacked for. But I don't care about getting attacked if I'm making the correct play. But even on day 4 I would say this is a disingenuous description of my play. I was the first person to suggest no elim. I was the first person to argue for no elim. I was the first person to vote no elim. The claim that somehow I just gave up trying to have input on day 4 is wrong because I made my opinions on the best play known when no one else was talking about it and pushed it until it happened.

Like you can say these word but if you look at my actual actions they're just straight up not true.

Now if you could please answer the question I've now asked you twice.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3358 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I don’t know for sure but my base inclination is Bulge’s reaction does make sense
<Embrace The Void>

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3359 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:08 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

And the rest of the question? Why is this like pulling teeth.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3360 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Welcome to the club. I’ll provide that when I actually provide my final answer.
<Embrace The Void>

Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #3361 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:13 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

FWIW I think its pretty clear the scum team is the bulge and gamma. I'm up in the air on the third. Blitzo has pretty firmly cemented himself in my mind as town today I think, so that leaves a third of pooky/the worst/kasu.

Genuinely unsure which of those it is.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3362 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:36 pm

Post by the worst »

Yeah the more I'm thinking about it the more Gamma's vote on you feels more like an excuse to have a vote on you than an actual read - his reads in general this phase have felt very stiff (there was a semantic misunderstanding between you two therefore Shea must be scum); he thinks I'm scum because NM was a lurksack (psa NM is nearly always a lurksack). like I think he wants us dead but I do nottttt buy that he's tried to sort either of us.

I read Shea as town for kinda similar reasons to why I weakly read Pooky as town I think? particularly I think him coming into today with absolutely no chill for Bulgey's claim is town indicative and I think his frustration with others not seeing it the same way has an indignant energy which is like, very hard to fake believably as scum.

Pooky is in a similar area with the way he grabbed me and shook me when I took Bulge's claim at face value but not quite as strong, just similar kinda gamestate position read.

I'm trusting you to get me right here Shea.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3363 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 3324, Kasumeat wrote:
In post 3247, the worst wrote:
In post 3240, Kasumeat wrote:
In post 3225, the worst wrote:sigh
i really don't feel good about my pooky read
What's changed and why?
what's changed since when lol
What are you saying you don't like about your Pooky read then if it hasn't changed?
That it's not confident. I rolled scum against the dude b2b and I was pretty sure when I actually needed to read him it would be magnificently easy and now I'm here looking at his posts and being like "oh god fuck what am I meant to be looking for again"
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3364 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 3347, The Bulge wrote:I'm not interested in picking at every little nitpick you've brought up, shea. I don't care to convince you of anything, my job is to convince blitzo and kasu and worsty to vote correctly or lose.
what exactly is your solve atm Bulge?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3365 (ISO) » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by the worst »

ngl bulge if you're town I have the feeling I'm going to be the losing vote here. I really don't get the impression that Gammo is pocketing you and Gammo is very clearly scumposting - the scumcase stuff from Shea is kinda fine and I don't have a lot of thoughts about it because I just wasn't there at that point of the game but I'm finding myself nodding my head to his posts a lotttt
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3366 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:49 am

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 3362, the worst wrote:Yeah the more I'm thinking about it the more Gamma's vote on you feels more like an excuse to have a vote on you than an actual read - his reads in general this phase have felt very stiff (there was a semantic misunderstanding between you two therefore Shea must be scum); he thinks I'm scum because NM was a lurksack (psa NM is nearly always a lurksack). like I think he wants us dead but I do nottttt buy that he's tried to sort either of us.

I read Shea as town for kinda similar reasons to why I weakly read Pooky as town I think? particularly I think him coming into today with absolutely no chill for Bulgey's claim is town indicative and I think his frustration with others not seeing it the same way has an indignant energy which is like, very hard to fake believably as scum.

Pooky is in a similar area with the way he grabbed me and shook me when I took Bulge's claim at face value but not quite as strong, just similar kinda gamestate position read.

I'm trusting you to get me right here Shea.
How do you explain scum!Bulge making a gambit claiming Tracker with a flipped Checker is in the game? From a gamestate where scum are unquestionably well-positioned, at that. The more I think about it the more I think it's pure insanity.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3367 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:59 am

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 3325, Gamma Emerald wrote:You skipped part of the question but in doing that you also digressed into your own original thought process which I like.

So my thinking about the scum is the Shea very much resembles rb in that game: a very vocal scum who got off to a strong start and then got tepid in the mid-stages. I was originally thinking Pooky resembled Flubber as the openwolf operative, and either nm/tw or Blitzo was the quiet TFL-like scum. Now that I’m set on Blitzo being scum, though, I realize Pooky and Blitzo are a really weird partner choice. Maybe NM is the open wolf in the scenario I’m working with rn? As for the town players, Noraa is 100% a parallel to Tywin in that game, beyond that the image gets hazy. That’s where your idea might clear things up. I remember Panzer making those 2 player pools, I also recall I sussed him for them after a good number of those players flipped town, as such it might be that that’s where the “two opposed townblocks” have manifested in this game?
Thinking a little more about this, a lot of my basis for SRing you this game has been at core based on the certainty of your claims/supposed beliefs, particularly about people's alignments. While I think that's generally a good way to scumhunt most people, ultimately it ended up making me misread you badly in the previous game we played together. In this game you were significantly slower to reach that certainty so it seemed inconsistent to me with your previous townplay. However, being slower to solidify reads parallels how my own townplay has progressed as I've matured as a player and person.
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3368 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Kasumeat »

In post 3326, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:you must be on crack if you think im scum with blitzo
Humour me. You pushed Blitzo when there was very little pressure on him so that makes you impossible to be scumbros is what you're saying?
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3369 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:56 am

Post by Blitzo »

In post 3359, Thestatusquo wrote:And the rest of the question? Why is this like pulling teeth.
It's been like this with him since like day 2 tbh.
In post 3361, Thestatusquo wrote:FWIW I think its pretty clear the scum team is the bulge and gamma. I'm up in the air on the third. Blitzo has pretty firmly cemented himself in my mind as town today I think, so that leaves a third of pooky/the worst/kasu.

Genuinely unsure which of those it is.
As much as I hate to draw unflipped associatives, Gamma went through hell and high water to ensure pooky wasn't limmed day 1. Most of his play that day consisted of telling me pooky was town and voting any and every other wagon that popped up.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3370 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:06 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3348, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 3342, The Bulge wrote:
In post 3331, Thestatusquo wrote:
Day 2
In post 1796, The Bulge wrote:VOTE: noraa
Noraa is now being voted by the bulge despite the fact that one of the few things he said day 1 on alignment was that she was town and despite the fact that nothing had changed in her play at all since then.
lmao what is this. we have differing views of the game? cool. imo her play day 2 looked scummy.
You had differing views with yourself. Try reading the post.
oh so my read changed as the game progressed cool. cool cool. very scum indicative

the differing views im talking about are that you presented as fact that "nothing had changed in her play at all since then." i disagree.
being too busy to log on to mafia scum dot net is scum behaviour, got it
You had enough time to come back and make this post and three others. You were clearly aware of the claim since you made several responses to people who were talking about it. Saying "I was busy lol" is not a response to my argument. My argument is about negligence, not activity. Again, try again.
no, you tried to shade me for "disappearing"
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3371 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:06 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3349, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 3347, The Bulge wrote:I'm not interested in picking at every little nitpick you've brought up, shea. I don't care to convince you of anything, my job is to convince blitzo and kasu and worsty to vote correctly or lose.
And yet you did try to nitpick the post and failed to respond to literally all of it.
lmao what im saying is don't expect a reply to everything. I've replied to every part of your posts that is worth replying. I feel no need to defend myself against random bullshit I know nobody else is going to buy hahahaha
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3372 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:06 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3350, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3345, The Bulge wrote:
In post 3339, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3335, The Bulge wrote:gamma, you believe in ro3 yea?
Yeah. It’s not a great tool but it’s one I try to find use for. Why?
what do you think of a world where 2 scummos are hurling shitbricks at their most established miselim target, while the other 1 scummo believes that target's claim and matches[/surpasses] his aggression with a bus on the other 2?
Are you suggesting a team of Shea/me/??? (Pooky? Blitzo?)
The sense of that suggestion really rides on who your suggested third is in that worldview. Because I’ve already been adamant that thinking me and Blitzo are scum partners is just not proper.
gamma's too scared to type out his team all at once in the main thread hahahahahah he had to throw blitzo in the mix too even though it's obvious as fuck what im implying hahahahahaha
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3373 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:06 am

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3362, the worst wrote:I read Shea as town for kinda similar reasons to why I weakly read Pooky as town I think? particularly I think him coming into today with absolutely no chill for Bulgey's claim is town indicative and I think his frustration with others not seeing it the same way has an indignant energy which is like, very hard to fake believably as scum.

how is anything about how these two scummos are playing difficult lmao? shea is digging for the most pointless shit because he feels entitled to this miselim because my play has been so horribly anti-town and suboptimal and he's frustrated that he has to put in work and tarnish his own play by throwing the dumbest fucking arguments of all time at me. pooky is literally just playing dumb and confusing the thread. i have literally never seen such openwolfing, especially with pooky. like what about their play is "believable"???? worsty are you the bad guy :(
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3374 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:11 am

Post by The Bulge »

I hate that this game has become a contest of willpower. it fucking sucks knowing that i could lose the game simply by not having the mental energy to defend myself for a day or two. I'm exhausted.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”