Goon
Goon

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:35 am

Post by The Pelican Brief »

Unless I'm deepass into
HBB's
and/or
Ydrasse's
pocket, I'm feeling good about my reads of the game.

{HUB/Bell/Ircher/BEF/Sam/Nico/Ari/Vax}

Anybody outside of this pool, I either confidently townread or do not want to lim today for confident reasons.

We're technically not even halfway through the dayphase, but this is where I'm at. Could change, could not. This post is mostly a marker of where I'm at.

It feels icky to add
Vax
there but people in this pool can also be net-null or slots I'm still sorting.

~Taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:38 am

In post 625, The Pelican Brief wrote:Unless I'm deepass into
HBB's
and/or
Ydrasse's

Anybody outside of this pool, I either confidently townread or do not want to lim today for confident reasons.

We're technically not even halfway through the dayphase, but this is where I'm at. Could change, could not. This post is mostly a marker of where I'm at.

It feels icky to add
Vax

~Taly
Maybe rephrasing this post will get some more attention.

I'm looking for at least 2, maybe 3 more townies in this pool for a strong D1 solve.

~Taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:00 am

Post by samantha97 »

In post 623, The Pelican Brief wrote:
3)
I'm seeing a trend into your posts about voting and going after players that aren't contributing much. Why not have input or pressure players that are far more readable?

~Taly
yes it's totally logical to seek information from people who have already given it & that you can already read instead

nothing weird about that position at all
Happy Birthday Boonskiies
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:26 am

Post by Happy Birthday Boonskiies »

Your new avatar is townier
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:28 am

In post 625, The Pelican Brief wrote:It feels icky to add Vax there but people in this pool can also be net-null or slots I'm still sorting.
What do you mean? Were you townreading Noroffsuit before the replace out?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:39 am

I'm really wary of BEF being low hanging fruit, because he's been launchbait elsewhere I've seen him.

The focus on appeasing and sheeping ET who scumreads him rather the pursuing his own scumreads clearly represents a survivalist mindset. On average that's scummy, but could probably get some better data if I meta him.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:42 am

In post 541, BrightEyedFish wrote:Currently, I am voting Sam to show ET that I am willing to work with them so they can stop wasting time on me.
This is strange, because it only makes sense if town!BEF believes blindly sheeping ET will change their mind of their scumread of him.

@BEF: Why do you think showing that you're willing to work with them is going to change their scumread?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:43 am

Should mention that I think tone is towny though
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:12 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 631, Happy Birthday Boonskiies wrote:
In post 541, BrightEyedFish wrote:Currently, I am voting Sam to show ET that I am willing to work with them so they can stop wasting time on me.
This is strange, because it only makes sense if town!BEF believes blindly sheeping ET will change their mind of their scumread of him.

@BEF: Why do you think showing that you're willing to work with them is going to change their scumread?
FTR, I was "sheeping" ET. I did vote Sam from his SR list but iirc ET's vote wasn't on Sam at that time, I think it was on me. But the idea of sheeping was there.

I want ET to know that I am willing to work with them (and others), not that I will sheep them for the remainder of the game. I just want ET to realize that I am not scum.

The thing is, I
used to be
low-hanging fruit. And maybe I still am, but scum players that are familiar with me will keep me around and not get rid of me on D1 and try to dispose of me when they need a "distraction". So, if I ever end up being a NK, that's probably due to 3p or some unsure town vig.

Also, my wiki is up to date with all my games to help with meta diving if you so wish.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:38 am

Are you low hanging fish now?

I'm trying to figure out if you actually believe sheeping ET in that manner without talking about your own read on Samantha constitutes as "working with them", and will satiate their scumread, because spoiler, it doesn't really help show/prove you're town.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:48 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 634, Happy Birthday Boonskiies wrote:Are you low hanging fish now?

I'm trying to figure out if you actually believe sheeping ET in that manner without talking about your own read on Samantha constitutes as "working with them", and will satiate their scumread, because spoiler, it doesn't really help show/prove you're town.
I don't think I am low-hanging fruit in a negative sense. I think fading me would be a lazy way to end D1. Fading somewhere else automatically increases the overall chance to hit scum since I am town.

Just accept I am town and don't try to fade me anymore please.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:48 am

Post by BrightEyedFish »

The last sentence was directed at everyone considering fading me.
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:44 am

Post by Endless Terror »

In post 633, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 631, Happy Birthday Boonskiies wrote:

FTR, I was "sheeping" ET. I did vote Sam from his SR list but iirc ET's vote wasn't on Sam at that time, I think it was on me. But the idea of sheeping was there.

I want ET to know that I am willing to work with them (and others), not that I will sheep them for the remainder of the game. I just want ET to realize that I am not scum.

The thing is, I
used to be
low-hanging fruit. And maybe I still am, but scum players that are familiar with me will keep me around and not get rid of me on D1 and try to dispose of me when they need a "distraction". So, if I ever end up being a NK, that's probably due to 3p or some unsure town vig.

Also, my wiki is up to date with all my games to help with meta diving if you so wish.
heavy town vibes
-tay

btw sorry for being absent from the thread. i hope shelly has kept you all enteratained. id like to let you know that i've found two scum now:

noraa/72/replacement slot, and gamma.
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:45 am

Post by Endless Terror »

In post 568, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 556, Bell wrote:I don't think Noraa or offsuit like being scum. Though yeah, I probably shouldn't get into that due to the angle shoot issue
I think this is a poor analysis of Noraa. 72 idk
its not analysis, its meta info. and its correct.
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Endless Terror »

In post 575, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:zzzz wake me when the leading wagon isn't predicated on a replace out
the replace out is a small part of the case. its not really relevant.
-tay
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:47 am

Post by Endless Terror »

In post 577, Boonskiies wrote:Vaxkiller [5]: Gamma Emerald, Endless Terror, Bell, Happy Birthday Boonskiies, TheGoldenParadox
gamma defending the vax/noraa slot but also voting it is a scumclaim.
-tay
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:48 am

Post by Endless Terror »

In post 585, Ydrasse wrote:my samantha vote is doing fuck all right now but it's definitely my strongest read like. what is the point of shading pelican and saying that voting them doesn't make sense and going onto a wagon that is objectively worse (pelican had votes, nico had none and nico's presence is negative) for like... what? what is the goal here?

voting vax right now feels rude until they get to post a little. as a treat
whats your take on tsunami/vax tho?
-tay
the unsigned post above was also me. sorry
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:50 am

Post by Endless Terror »

In post 589, Gypyx wrote:Anyone got any read on Ircher? I find his iso lengthy but not really readable, which isn't really great tbh
thats certainly where im at with ircher. i can see ircher being scum with vax and gamma though.
-tay
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:53 am

Post by Endless Terror »

In post 609, Endless Terror wrote:VOTE: BEF

enjoy the fresh air vax, taylor will probably torment you though
-shelly
bad shelly!
*smacks shelly on the nose (gently) with a newspaper*
that is a very bad shelly!

VOTE: vaxkiller

-tay if you couldnt deduce that this wasnt shelly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:09 am

In post 627, samantha97 wrote:
In post 623, The Pelican Brief wrote:
3)
I'm seeing a trend into your posts about voting and going after players that aren't contributing much. Why not have input or pressure players that are far more readable?

~Taly
yes it's totally logical to seek information from people who have already given it & that you can already read instead

nothing weird about that position at all
I'm not saying that it's weird to vote on lower content players. I'm asking why don't you focus on higher content, or at least, why not evaluate this hydra more critically if we're so elusive to you?
In post 629, Happy Birthday Boonskiies wrote:
In post 625, The Pelican Brief wrote:It feels icky to add Vax there but people in this pool can also be net-null or slots I'm still sorting.
What do you mean? Were you townreading Noroffsuit before the replace out?
Nah. Principle of integrity thing.

I don't like to hold preemptive scumreads on successors, and
Vax
is disadvantaged with the slot he rep'ed into, as well as there is dense content in this game while he just joined it.

So, I'm at least stating a position where I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt before he begins posting, since I did not townread his previous slot.
In post 630, Happy Birthday Boonskiies wrote:I'm really wary of BEF being low hanging fruit, because he's been launchbait elsewhere I've seen him.

The focus on appeasing and sheeping ET who scumreads him rather the pursuing his own scumreads clearly represents a survivalist mindset. On average that's scummy, but could probably get some better data if I meta him.
I'm a little fascinated with
BEF
, to be honest.

On paper, his posts feel survivalist, he doesn't seem to be doing anything to solve, and he's reacting more than acting.

But I just don't understand what angle scum-
BEF
has?
- Shelly
feels pocketed and that ruins his plan as scum by trying to pocket a towny. It's almost impossible for me to believe that
ET/BEF
are S/S here, and T/T >>> T/S probability wise because
BEF
doesn't recoil onto another player, and doubles down on a CAUTIOUS townlean.
-
He appointed meta without giving blanket statements on how he is as town or as scum. This means his was written in good faith and without the desire to construe anybody's perception of his meta. He was transparent on giving us the opportunity to solve him, rather than manipulative.

In games I've skimmed with
BEF
, he seemed more vocal and lively with reads early in D1, I'll be honest and say I didn't check for alignments that game. But his framing of
"my reads on D1 are very gut"
is consistent with and his subjective outlook on
Ydrasse
. His stances seem a bit wishy-washy, but they feel more self-aware because he's not doubtcasting his reads as scummy or arbitrarily sheeping possible townreads in order to show a sign of good faith or overtly trying to accrue backlash on his wagon.

...my counterpoint on
BEF
turned into a small towncase...

I'm not strong on
BEF
being town or so confident with it, but when I keep looking deeper into his ISO, I'm like
"why lim this today?"

~Taly

p-edit

Tay
, what is your take on Sam? Should the wagon be half of what it has been so far?
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:11 am

In post 644, The Pelican Brief wrote:
fabricate
a sign of good faith
better word than
"show"
in analysis of
BEF

~Taly
Hydra of Titus and Taly
The Pelican Brief
The Pelican Brief
Goon
The Pelican Brief
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 am

In post 598, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 593, Gypyx wrote:
In post 590, Ydrasse wrote:like, earlier my solve was like ircher/samantha are never scum together
Where does this come from?
ircher's defense of samantha in and , especially given that ircher called samantha null in ; there's no progression there.
I agree Ircher's scummy. I mentioned his defense being weird. I don't get how it's never S + S though.
In post 625, The Pelican Brief wrote:Unless I'm deepass into
HBB's
and/or
Ydrasse's

It feels icky to add
Vax

~Taly

I am fine with removing BEF for today. As for Vaxkiller, I want to see his posting. I feel uncomfortable rules wise with a wagon that's based on an angle shoot of the hydra.

~Titus
Hydra of Titus and Taly
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:23 am

Post by Endless Terror »

In post 644, The Pelican Brief wrote:I'm a little fascinated with BEF, to be honest.

On paper, his posts feel survivalist, he doesn't seem to be doing anything to solve, and he's reacting more than acting.

But I just don't understand what angle scum-BEF has?
- Shelly feels pocketed and that ruins his plan as scum by trying to pocket a towny. It's almost impossible for me to believe that ET/BEF are S/S here, and T/T >>> T/S probability wise because BEF doesn't recoil onto another player, and doubles down on a CAUTIOUS townlean. 624
- He appointed meta without giving blanket statements on how he is as town or as scum. This means his 633 was written in good faith and without the desire to construe anybody's perception of his meta. He was transparent on giving us the opportunity to solve him, rather than manipulative.

In games I've skimmed with BEF, he seemed more vocal and lively with reads early in D1, I'll be honest and say I didn't check for alignments that game. But his framing of "my reads on D1 are very gut" is consistent with 555 and his subjective outlook on Ydrasse 565. His stances seem a bit wishy-washy, but they feel more self-aware because he's not doubtcasting his reads as scummy or arbitrarily sheeping possible townreads in order to show a sign of good faith or overtly trying to accrue backlash on his wagon.

...my counterpoint on BEF turned into a small towncase...

I'm not strong on BEF being town or so confident with it, but when I keep looking deeper into his ISO, I'm like "why lim this today?"
you are correct. this is good takes.
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:26 am

Post by Endless Terror »

In post 646, The Pelican Brief wrote: I feel uncomfortable rules wise with a wagon that's based on an angle shoot of the hydra.

~Titus
thats not it though. its a heavy meta read, but noraa and 72 were also both scummy. i dont want to give away too many noraa scumtells, but noraa having fewer than half our posts at time of replace out is tantamount to a scumclaim. noraa hates being scum and clearly wasnt enjoying most of this game. even setting aside the replace-out. shelly and i were pretty sold on noraa!scum but wanted to run a bit of a gambit to really catch her out.

-tay and tay
Endless Terror
Endless Terror
Goon
Endless Terror
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:30 am

Post by Endless Terror »

{pelican, HBB, bell, BEF, gypyx, (us)}
{HUB, TGP (am i correct in recalling that scum!noraa spews this slot town?), ydrasse}
(ari, nico}
{ircher, sam}
{vax, gamma}
-tay

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”