Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 847, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 826, Chaos Triforce wrote: who tf is tom?

-weirdedoutnornor
why are your top 3 scum picks not including pob long?
do you think Chaos should be thinking pob long is scum? they aren't voting there?
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:48 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 849, DoubtingThomas wrote:you claimed that a 3 person scum team but wants a low poster dead because you want 'something to happen'? in d1? i don't really buy this
that was just my hero solve for the end-game cred. I'm less convinced on Gamma now, but I still think you're pretty scummy.

What's not to buy? Dude, in my last Open game we had literally completed 4 gamedays by this stage. :facepalm:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:49 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 850, DoubtingThomas wrote:why don't you want to vote, superb battle mage
thanks for the compliment i guess, i'll let you off the earlier diss :lol:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:55 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

frankly, when the game has made a consensus elim pool like we did here with guillo-superb-chaos, it's very anti town for a newly subbed in person to try to add additional confusion and instead of elaborating on the consensus choice to try to start everything all over again and derail the thread by pushing low posting slots that people weren't talking about in 33/33 pages of the game thread like you've done. that's almost exclusively what scums do.

even if you were correct on pob long coasting, it gives us more information to elim out of the consensus so there are more associations to go off of. killing pob long after what we've all discussed is about others gives us 0 info even if pob long was indeed a low effort wolf. and there's no guarantee in that either, of course.

we are not yeeting pob long today
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:00 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

let's say we kill pob long today. and literally 50-50 chance he flips W. Worst case scenairo is he flips V. Best case scenario is he flips W.

He flipped W. Ok. Tomorrow, me, superb, chaos, guillotina, tayl0r, you, etc will all still probably be alive. Thread is gonna derail again, get heated again, no solving will be completed and we would pretty much have to be lucky to land a wolf. don't forget the chance of him just being V.

Imo, no one is really reading superb town. I don't understand the invisible resistance to this wagon. At least Guillo at one point was town read by gamma? i think and chaos. his posts have not been great either, but superb is more scummy. he just wants to kill people anyone he can, even at the excuse of a policy lim. The fact that you aren't recognizing this isn't townie at all, my friend.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:01 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 855, DoubtingThomas wrote:let's say we kill pob long today. and literally 50-50 chance he flips W. Worst case scenairo is he flips V. Best case scenario is he flips W.

He flipped W. Ok. Tomorrow, me, superb, chaos, guillotina, tayl0r, you, etc will all still probably be alive. Thread is gonna derail again, get heated again, no solving will be completed and we would pretty much have to be lucky to land a wolf. don't forget the chance of him just being V.

Imo, no one is really reading superb town. I don't understand the invisible resistance to this wagon. At least Guillo at one point was town read by gamma? i think and chaos. his posts have not been great
gradually over time up to the most recent point
either, but superb is more scummy. he just wants to kill people anyone he can, even at the excuse of a policy lim. The fact that you aren't recognizing this isn't townie at all, my friend.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:02 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

I don't understand you complaining about how nothing is getting done by 34 pages and in how in your other games we are at d4 again, but when I ask you, you are saying that you were merely pressuring him and that you are not truly trying to get him killed.

I want you to take a stance on superb
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 854, DoubtingThomas wrote:
frankly
, when the game has made a consensus elim pool like we did here with guillo-superb-chaos, it's very anti town for a newly subbed in person to try to add additional confusion and instead of elaborating on the consensus choice to try to start everything all over again and derail the thread by pushing low posting slots that people weren't talking about in 33/33 pages of the game thread like you've done.
LOL no dude, you're way off here. It's
pro-town
to actually look at everybody, rather than just going with the consensus by default. Additionally, we have like a week until deadline, so there's plenty of time to get more info if you want and yet you're getting precious about a couple of 2/3 person wagons. :roll: It's not "starting everything all over again", it's just adding something new to the conversation. Although from your passionate statement above, it sounds like you're awfully worried about moving away from that existing consensus? :lol:
In post 854, DoubtingThomas wrote: even if you were correct on pob long coasting, it gives us more information to elim out of the consensus so there are more associations to go off of. killing pob long after what we've all discussed is about others gives us 0 info even if pob long was indeed a low effort wolf. and there's no guarantee in that either, of course.
This just reads like a cop-out for not looking at pob long. it's not inherently zero info to look at someone who hasn't been suspected (because info can follow from that), and it's definitely not anti-town.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:03 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

if you really want this game to progress and have action we elim out of superb-guillo-chaos (personal preference is superb) and start afresh d2
Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Chaos Triforce »

In post 854, DoubtingThomas wrote:guillo-superb-chaos
if this was truly the "consensus", a new guy shouldn't be able to make any waves. The fact that the new guy can just means that its not consensus.

-norbear
You THOUGHT you knew what the word "Chaos" meant...
This package contains three tsunamis: Noraa (Bubblybop), Puffilybop, and Squigglybop (names all courtesy of Noraa :D :))
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:03 am

Post by Battle Mage »

VOTE: Doubting Thomas

I think I'm happier on this one today. Very informative too! :wink:
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:04 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 858, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 854, DoubtingThomas wrote:
frankly
, when the game has made a consensus elim pool like we did here with guillo-superb-chaos, it's very anti town for a newly subbed in person to try to add additional confusion and instead of elaborating on the consensus choice to try to start everything all over again and derail the thread by pushing low posting slots that people weren't talking about in 33/33 pages of the game thread like you've done.
LOL no dude, you're way off here. It's
pro-town
to actually look at everybody, rather than just going with the consensus by default. Additionally, we have like a week until deadline, so there's plenty of time to get more info if you want and yet you're getting precious about a couple of 2/3 person wagons. :roll: It's not "starting everything all over again", it's just adding something new to the conversation. Although from your passionate statement above, it sounds like you're awfully worried about moving away from that existing consensus? :lol:
In post 854, DoubtingThomas wrote: even if you were correct on pob long coasting, it gives us more information to elim out of the consensus so there are more associations to go off of. killing pob long after what we've all discussed is about others gives us 0 info even if pob long was indeed a low effort wolf. and there's no guarantee in that either, of course.
This just reads like a cop-out for not looking at pob long. it's not inherently zero info to look at someone who hasn't been suspected (because info can follow from that), and it's definitely not anti-town.
Your argument is valid if this was a brand new game. You subbed in and we have 33 pages -as you've complained- of info solely on others, and NOT on pob long. who is pob long's partners IF he flips W? your case on him is literally 'oh he MAY be a low effort wolf and i don't have tolerance for that' you don't have a legit scum read.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:04 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 861, Battle Mage wrote:VOTE: Doubting Thomas

I think I'm happier on this one today. Very informative too! :wink:
hmm yeah that's not townie
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:04 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 859, DoubtingThomas wrote:if you really want this game to progress and have action we elim out of superb-guillo-chaos (personal preference is superb) and start afresh d2
you're nowhere near elimming any of that trio by my count, and I can't understand why you're so hung up on that pool.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Chaos Triforce »

This game is very annoying atm. Im waiting for table to come help me.

-nornorpatientlywaitingfortable
This package contains three tsunamis: Noraa (Bubblybop), Puffilybop, and Squigglybop (names all courtesy of Noraa :D :))
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:05 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 860, Chaos Triforce wrote:
if this was truly the "consensus", a new guy shouldn't be able to make any waves. The fact that the new guy can just means that its not consensus.

-norbear
the 3 of you have total of 8/12 votes. that's what i mean by consensus? not that every single vote has to be locked and tunneled. you really think killing pob long after all this day is gonna do us any good? at the literal 50-50% chance of him being literal rand of an alignment? i don't think so
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 860, Chaos Triforce wrote:

-norbear
very true Noraa. what do you make of Thomas?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Chaos Triforce
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Chaos Triforce
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:06 am

Post by Chaos Triforce »

In post 861, Battle Mage wrote:Very informative too!
I agree its informative. Currently my heads agree that Doubting is town tho.

-nornor
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:06 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 864, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 859, DoubtingThomas wrote:if you really want this game to progress and have action we elim out of superb-guillo-chaos (personal preference is superb) and start afresh d2
you're nowhere near elimming any of that trio by my count, and I can't understand why you're so hung up on that pool.
what. lol. you are trying to pretend you are townie by trying to start additional confusion in what is already a shitfest of a game. the game's already have 30 pages of info. looking at a low effort slot that literally hasn't done anything to be townie nor scummy is not pro-town, bro.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:08 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

In post 848, Battle Mage wrote:and no, I'm not necessarily going to kill him, just put some pressure on.
this is not someone you were voting thinking you are considering 'every one'

it reads more like a scum slot subbed in who wants to stir the pot. and for you to come to the conclusion that i am scummy for apparently no reason is very noted too.
DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:09 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

don't forget town vig, that's the slot that was caught literally lying to my face. has 0 town equity. would prob shoot there, if i were a vig
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 857, DoubtingThomas wrote:I don't understand you complaining about how nothing is getting done by 34 pages and in how in your other games we are at d4 again, but when I ask you, you are saying that you were merely pressuring him and that you are not truly trying to get him killed.

I want you to take a stance on superb
On Superbowl, probably lean town, he feels similar to our last game together where we were masons.

On pob long, it entirely depends on how things go. If he gets some pressure, and capitulates, he can be elimmed. If he gets some pressure, and obvtowns, we can look elsewhere. That's just how mafia is played.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

DoubtingThomas
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
DoubtingThomas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:10 am

Post by DoubtingThomas »

considering all 12 players at the start of the game = sure, townie

joining an already very progressed and involved game and trying to start a brand new push on someone who hasn't posted (=not scummy nor townie) just for the sake of 'pressuring =/= considering everyone in the mind of a town slot =/= townie
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 871, DoubtingThomas wrote:don't forget town vig, that's the slot that was caught literally lying to my face. has 0 town equity. would prob shoot there, if i were a vig
you're trying to direct the vig now? :lol: feeling good about my vote (and for educational purposes, this is the sort of info that can be garnered by looking outside the consensus).
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Open Games”