Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:19 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

in short, I don't think I get any significant towncred from Gamma flipping scum.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
REAGAN BUSH 84
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:21 pm

Post by REAGAN BUSH 84 »

In post 775, Battle Mage wrote:in short, I don't think I get any significant towncred from Gamma flipping scum.
glad to see we're in agreement
Fermis Flames
Fermis Flames
Goon
Fermis Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:22 pm

Post by Fermis Flames »

In post 776, REAGAN BUSH 84 wrote:
In post 775, Battle Mage wrote:in short, I don't think I get any significant towncred from Gamma flipping scum.
Has the VP posted yet?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

:lol: we seem to agree frequently in this game.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:23 pm

Post by unwnd »

This may be preemptive but if Gamma/BM were TvT, I feel scum would just let them bicker amongst themselves and then have two voting opportunities if one eats the other alive. What should be a showmatch with multiple people betting on the hypothetical winner just feels like circumstance and dealing with it. Part of the reason why I feel it's SvT is that you have this strange compromise between the two where most people agree that BM is being just as much of an ass as Gamma... but Gamma is the one getting the most 'scum' declarations and then BM is just being anti-town.

To the people who care: What makes them different. Gamma seems liable on account of his own behavior and BM is again just sorta rude. I don't know if I care for that after stepping back for a few. I'll be honest and say I can't differentiate their posts in the last three-four pages.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Post by unwnd »

Brian Skies wrote: Antitown, but is it scum?
Battlemage

Very Probably Scum
Gamma
Like this alone definitively irks me. I don't know Brian. If It's SvS then they're just hamming it up and loling in the scum PT, but I really buy Gamma's outbursts when he says things like 'hes a bad player i want him out' as that's just such a weak thing to accuse even your partner for. If I'm reading your readlist then you think if Gamma isn't scum then BM is next to go?
Stop
Will catch up later maybe
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:28 pm

Post by Will catch up later maybe »

i have important information to share

did you know that you can't use "busy" in a username and on MS?

that is all

this game is moving too slowly. try to get this to 50 pages in the next few hours, tia

-Nacho
see username
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:29 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 773, Fermis Flames wrote:
In post 753, Cabd wrote:I have to admit, fferytammysyr, your reaction to my reads fell really flat.

And I'm kinda sad about that.
I'm in the middle of a reread right now. Syr scummoned me to look at LLD posts and I find this awaiting me.

Your reads list mostly doesn't bother me. Just about everyone I'm townreading is on it. Along with a couple not-town-reads that I'm hoping I understand better after rereading. And you moved us up for reasons unknown.

In fact this post is the first post by you that's actually raised my hackles.

I thought your day 3 ticket was punched. :/

~ strange
In post 748, Cabd wrote:What do you make of her posting right now in every game except this one, then, Gamma?
In post 753, Cabd wrote:I have to admit, fferytammysyr, your reaction to my reads fell really flat.

And I'm kinda sad about that.
UNVOTE: VOTE: Cabd
UNVOTE: VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:30 pm

In post 781, Will catch up later maybe wrote:i have important information to share

did you know that you can't use "busy" in a username and on MS?

that is all

this game is moving too slowly. try to get this to 50 pages in the next few hours, tia

-Nacho
X

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 767, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 654, unwnd wrote:
In post 616, midwaybear wrote:I remember it started sometime in May, but after checking it ended in July.
About BM, I didn't really townread him. I just find the way he plays to be a little grating personally, but Cakez reasons didn't seem too substantiated to me. Considering that Cakez apparently only played in BM scum games, it's a bit weird. I like that Cakez backed off though, but neither of them are really confident reads rn.
Forgot to respond. Gamma/BM seems like a clear battle going on, what's your take on it?

Afk
It's bizarre and my initial impression is that Gamma is probably trying to sacc himself to make BM look better.

I could be wrong, but that's how it feels to me.
Ooohh don’t get me started. If I I’m legit about my feelings on BM, how do you think I could EVER withstand a scum PT with him??!?!?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:32 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 779, unwnd wrote:This may be preemptive but if Gamma/BM were TvT, I feel scum would just let them bicker amongst themselves and then have two voting opportunities if one eats the other alive. What should be a showmatch with multiple people betting on the hypothetical winner just feels like circumstance and dealing with it. Part of the reason why I feel it's SvT is that you have this strange compromise between the two where most people agree that BM is being just as much of an ass as Gamma... but Gamma is the one getting the most 'scum' declarations and then BM is just being anti-town.

To the people who care: What makes them different. Gamma seems liable on account of his own behavior and BM is again just sorta rude. I don't know if I care for that after stepping back for a few. I'll be honest and say I can't differentiate their posts in the last three-four pages.
eh, i think that's a strange interpretation. I don't think most people have called me an ass - I certainly haven't been reprimanded by the Mod, or been offensive/rude. I think if people don't like me posting frequently, that's fine, and if people don't think I have good reads, again, that's fine. But you seem to be trying to re-ignite bad feeling here without actually drawing any meaningful conclusion which would positively affect the game, which I think is both unnecessary, and anti-town.

I think it's probably fair to point out that lots of people in this game have played with me before, and know this is how I play as town, and that's presumably what they are using to judge my alignment - rather than anything personal or inflammatory. Your assessment above is about as 'surface-level' as it gets, and doesn't engage with any of the actual reasons people are voting for Gamma - construing it purely as the direct result of my interaction with him is not a fair reflection.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

L4pe
L4pe
Goon
L4pe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:33 pm

Post by L4pe »

In post 779, unwnd wrote:This may be preemptive but if Gamma/BM were TvT, I feel scum would just let them bicker amongst themselves and then have two voting opportunities if one eats the other alive. What should be a showmatch with multiple people betting on the hypothetical winner just feels like circumstance and dealing with it. Part of the reason why I feel it's SvT is that you have this strange compromise between the two where most people agree that BM is being just as much of an ass as Gamma... but Gamma is the one getting the most 'scum' declarations and then BM is just being anti-town.

not a bad idea, disregarding the idea that following this it is free towncred to tell them to shut the fuck up
REAGAN BUSH 84
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:34 pm

Post by REAGAN BUSH 84 »

In post 777, Fermis Flames wrote:
Has the VP posted yet?
the vice president would like to give the game his full undivided attention but is
out overthrowing a central american government
busy with work but has skimmed and given feedback, he won't be in until wednesday
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:35 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 785, Battle Mage wrote:

eh, i think that's a strange interpretation. I don't think most people have called me an ass - I certainly haven't been reprimanded by the Mod, or been offensive/rude. I think if people don't like me posting frequently, that's fine, and if people don't think I have good reads, again, that's fine. But you seem to be trying to re-ignite bad feeling here without actually drawing any meaningful conclusion which would positively affect the game, which I think is both unnecessary, and anti-town.

I think it's probably fair to point out that lots of people in this game have played with me before, and know this is how I play as town, and that's presumably what they are using to judge my alignment - rather than anything personal or inflammatory. Your assessment above is about as 'surface-level' as it gets, and doesn't engage with any of the actual reasons people are voting for Gamma - construing it purely as the direct result of my interaction with him is not a fair reflection.
I ask because I want to know, you're right I have no conclusion

I don't know what you mean by 'not engaging any of the actual reasons voting gamma' because I'm pretty sure they've boiled down to him being excessive and lack of substance
Stop
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:37 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 780, unwnd wrote:
Battlemage

Very Probably Scum
Gamma
Like this alone definitively irks me. I don't know Brian. If It's SvS then they're just hamming it up and loling in the scum PT, but I really buy Gamma's outbursts when he says things like 'hes a bad player i want him out' as that's just such a weak thing to accuse even your partner for. If I'm reading your readlist then you think if Gamma isn't scum then BM is next to go?
in addition to my previous post, 2 issues with this from my perspective.

1. You initially interpret Brian's post as meaning he thinks Gamma and I are both scum. That doesn't appear to be the case, but you make an assumption and attack, rather than asking the question in good faith.
2. You then switch tack, and interpret Brian's post as meaning he thinks at least 1 of me and Gamma are scum. Again, that doesn't appear to be the case, and this feels a bit like you pushing to set up multiple elims here.

FoS: Unwnd
Show

Nightkilled - 10

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:39 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 789, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 780, unwnd wrote:
Battlemage

Very Probably Scum
Gamma
in addition to my previous post, 2 issues with this from my perspective.

1. You initially interpret Brian's post as meaning he thinks Gamma and I are both scum. That doesn't appear to be the case, but you make an assumption and attack, rather than asking the question in good faith.
2. You then switch tack, and interpret Brian's post as meaning he thinks at least 1 of me and Gamma are scum. Again, that doesn't appear to be the case, and this feels a bit like you pushing to set up multiple elims here.

FoS: Unwnd
I don't think you really thought about this post but I like it in hindsight because it seems unprepared
Stop
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 788, unwnd wrote:
In post 785, Battle Mage wrote:

I ask because I want to know, you're right I have no conclusion

I don't know what you mean by 'not engaging any of the actual reasons voting gamma' because I'm pretty sure they've boiled down to him being excessive and lack of substance
That's definitely not the case on Gamma. :eek: maybe not engaging is the wrong phrase, and it's not understanding? but then my question is, why are you so interested in BM vs Gamma if you don't care enough about solving Gamma to understand why people are voting for him?

Additionally I'm struggling to see your protown motive for going back to this argument now it has settled down.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:40 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84467
viewtopic.php?f=90&t=84480

Read me in both of these and tell me if you think I handle a second of being scum with BM after I made up my mind on him.

In addition, curious why people are voting me at this point. I have given reads, so what’s the fucking deal?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:42 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 788, unwnd wrote:I don't know what you mean by 'not engaging any of the actual reasons voting gamma' because I'm pretty sure they've boiled down to him being excessive and lack of substance
This feels like a legitimate view of the situation
However I also agree unwnd looks like he is stirring the pot a bit here
<Embrace The Void>

Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:42 pm

In post 792, Gamma Emerald wrote:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84467

Read me in both of these and tell me if you think I handle a second of being scum with BM after I made up my mind on him.

In addition, curious why people are voting me at this point. I have given reads, so what’s the fucking deal?

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Fermis Flames
Fermis Flames
Goon
Fermis Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Fermis Flames »

In post 112, Firebringer wrote:is cakez like legit scum tho. he feels so scummy. or was my tell for cakez if he feels scummy he is town. Idr.

cakez feels weridddddd
In post 787, REAGAN BUSH 84 wrote:
In post 777, Fermis Flames wrote:
Has the VP posted yet?
the vice president would like to give the game his full undivided attention but is
out overthrowing a central american government
busy with work but has skimmed and given feedback, he won't be in until wednesday
I ran into one post that didn't sound all that much like Reagan so I was curious.

~ strange
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 792, Gamma Emerald wrote:viewtopic.php?f=2&t=84467

why are you making the case i'm not scum with you? :lol: I mean, it's fine by me, but not sure how it helps you?
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Cobra Kai
Cobra Kai
Goon
Cobra Kai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:43 pm

Post by Cobra Kai »

I am townreading unwnd. I think he has fair stances on gamma and BM. I don’t like BM’s FoS, I don’t see where he got his interpretation of what unwnd is saying.
Show
Strike First.

Strike Hard.

No Mercy.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’m VERY curious how a post restriction fits into this setup at all jsyk
I’m calling your bluff LLD.
<Embrace The Void>

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:45 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

i feel pretty good about the Gamma wagon, given how quickly it built. usually a good sign on day 1.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”