unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2615, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2606, unwnd wrote:If that is lead to be true, then I would rather push Brian/Flavor because they have said a few things I don't approve of.
What do you not approve of?
Unfortunately it's been buried but the theme right now is starting anew. I've applied clear pressure to you and I think you've mostly handwaved it. How come? I want to hear your perspective
Stop
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2616, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2607, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2603, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2575, Gamma Emerald wrote:Imo drivers should just
target BM tonight
try to do what they think is best and if their target is a blade then yippee!
amended for protown reasons :D
Um NO
Blades can only have one partner at a time
Or at least in the actual game that’s the case
what do you mean by the bit in italics?
Flavor source has lore reasons for the mechanics only allow blades to have one pairing at a time
The current owner of a blade iirc has to die for the blade to be able to re-pair
I don’t know if there’s a system in the flavor’s lore for unpairing and repairing, so maybe that functionality has a flavor explanation for being a thing this game, idk
I have mentioned I’ve only seen part of an in-progress LP of the game
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 2617, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2610, REAGAN BUSH 84 wrote:
In post 2582, midwaybear wrote:Why isn't Prism posting in the main thread?
he just started a new job and is acclimating. this was anticipated when we agreed to do this. i've conveyed his opinions when he hasn't been able to post himself.
understandable
In post 2611, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2605, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2599, Battle Mage wrote:we're on course for a 1000 page Day 1, keep it up guys...
You still have the most posts.
sweet AF
Do you not realize how much of a hypocrite you were with that post? And now you’re reveling in being part of the problem.
Why don’t more people understand how this behavior should not be acceptable?
:lol:

i'm having fun and kidding around - can you leave me alone for once? or are we going back into another cycle of:

Gamma kicks off at BM for nothing
BM asks Gamma to stop
Gamma bitches and moans for 20 pages

:facepalm:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 2624, midwaybear wrote:
In post 2614, Cabd wrote:Correction, we want to maximize blade/driver pairs without anyone knowing who paired with who until after it occurred.
Yeah, scum knowing who paired means that they should be able to deduce who is driver, who is blade, who isn't, ...
I was thinking that there had to be some sort of solution, but it seems not.
And they probably have ways to intercept it. Marketplace Mafia 3 hangs over this game like a specter.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2621, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2597, Gamma Emerald wrote:@LLD why did you enter the game like you did, if you explained and I missed it?
Literally read back a page and a half to where I answered 2 dead presidents.

Not actually dead. I just wish, tbh.
Lol.
Will do btw
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

seriously Gamma, what is wrong with you? :lol:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2623, unwnd wrote:If anyone wants to ISO me about Flavor feel free to do so, brian as well. You mentioned SirCakez that you're wondering what it means in regards to you and well,

I wonder that too. Flavor clearly didn't like you and advocated your death, and far as I can tell there was no progress to this. He just decided LLD was a better lynch and then squabbled with me while I tried to get past his ego. It's not that he can't change his mind, but I think his style of posting and behavior implies that he will use it for something. He hasn't. He's just tooted his own horn and made a bunch of wishy-washy statements that he can back out of. This is scummy. It is not a matter of him. When it comes to Brian, I just have unsolved business with him and I think he remains mostly an enigma. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that well because Brian and Flavor happened to agree they are teh scums together that's not what I'm saying. I hope I painted a better picture for you.
Would you wagon Flavour, then?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:52 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2631, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2623, unwnd wrote:If anyone wants to ISO me about Flavor feel free to do so, brian as well. You mentioned SirCakez that you're wondering what it means in regards to you and well,

I wonder that too. Flavor clearly didn't like you and advocated your death, and far as I can tell there was no progress to this. He just decided LLD was a better lynch and then squabbled with me while I tried to get past his ego. It's not that he can't change his mind, but I think his style of posting and behavior implies that he will use it for something. He hasn't. He's just tooted his own horn and made a bunch of wishy-washy statements that he can back out of. This is scummy. It is not a matter of him. When it comes to Brian, I just have unsolved business with him and I think he remains mostly an enigma. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you that well because Brian and Flavor happened to agree they are teh scums together that's not what I'm saying. I hope I painted a better picture for you.
Would you wagon Flavour, then?
100%
Stop
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Where is your vote currently?

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2622, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2619, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2613, Battle Mage wrote:
In post 2609, midwaybear wrote:
In post 2603, Battle Mage wrote:amended for protown reasons
This is actually anti-town because we want to maximize driver/blade pairs.
maybe - although if we did, surely people should have claimed and we should have co-ordinated it?

nobody has even really pitched that in the last 100 pages?
We did
ah i missed that - is there a list somewhere?
Other people pretty unanimously decided that they didn't want to do it
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by unwnd »

Voting Firebringer then FL told me he trusts Firebringer and nobody cared

Ennui
Stop
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2465, unwnd wrote:If you take away Flavor Leaf from himself he's just a mafia player who thinks too much of one's own ability

And that in turn leads to hubris. See, if hubris is all he had then I'd be posting differently about him. Nothing wrong with confidence, I said it before. I think it's insidious however, and I can't shake that damn feeling

My 6 and a half years on site, and expansive face 2 face Mafia experience (could push how expansive this really is if people wanna hear, but unimportant), and moderator design and review, alongside have a 2 and a half year scum streak, broken, then a 2 year scum streak, broken, then 2019 when I won 10 scum games.

Yes, I play up the arrogant heel card, but if anything I'm underselling myself. ;P

People just like to assume I think I'm 100% right, but I specifically say that I by no means think I am right.

I just post in a way that looks like it, and people go BLASPHEMOUS! Scum get WIFOM'd the hell out by my play, and they end up playing themselves.

Town choose not to read my posts, but time and time again, games always go "Is it just me or is Flavor actually starting to make sense now?"

I'm like a lightning rod for people to just zap all their frustrated energy into, but I'm extremely laid back, I just talk a lot, and let my unfiltered mind go. And I like to 1v1 and elicit reaction from people.

People like to push that I just state every single possibility so that yes, one of them end up being correct, but I flat out say I'm gonna flip flop, and it doesn't matter what the reads are, if you don't get those faded.

Devil's Advocate slot, yo. I may go over every tinfoil, down every rabbit hole, but I will make sure we don't miss anything. People just overreact when they get scum read.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2625, unwnd wrote:
In post 2606, unwnd wrote:If that is lead to be true, then I would rather push Brian/Flavor because they have said a few things I don't approve of.
Unfortunately it's been buried but the theme right now is starting anew. I've applied clear pressure to you and I think you've mostly handwaved it. How come? I want to hear your perspective
The only think I distinctly remember was you taking issue with one of my early posts that you didn't think was a joke. There's not really any point in discussing that point with you because either you think it was a joke or you don't.

Everything else I remember was being engaged on by Battle Mage. I didn't want to interfere with the interactions and ended up forgetting about it. (I also admittedly did not read them)

If there was anything else, I either didn't think it was that significant or didn't think there was any point in refuting.

If there is something that bugs you about my play, I don't mind talking it out with you. If you don't think it's worth bringing back up because it got buried or you forgot, then it was probably not that important anyway.
Cobra Kai
Cobra Kai
Goon
Cobra Kai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by Cobra Kai »

I think that wall from Flavor sounds like a sleazy car salesman.
Show
Strike First.

Strike Hard.

No Mercy.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2482, Dunnstral wrote:Unwnd -I've been liking their posts, and think they come out looking better vs Flavor Leaf. I've seen them as scum before, feels towny to me)
coming off better in a 1v1 doesn't make them town, and I'm not necessarily pushing them as scum either, I see that they could be town.

I'm playing a teaching game with them whether they know it or not.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:58 pm

In post 2635, unwnd wrote:Voting Firebringer then FL told me he trusts Firebringer and nobody cared

Ennui
Voting.

Firebringer.

Okay, let me take you under my wing for a second. Let's play "learn how to play mafia" together, okay?

There are players, like Firebringer, who we don't kill day one. And no one will kill them day one.

Do you know why?

they are too consistently low volume to read correctly day 1 consistently and if we killed them for looking scummy day 1 we'd always kill them.

Firebringer literally said something about this earlier and it's true. Doesn't say much about their alignment, but it's true. they never die D1 and will eventually be executed sometime around day 3 or 4, either because they're obvtown and scum needs to shoot the RK9 or they're scum and will die or they are town and look bad.

you're not gonna gain traction there, and the wagon won't learn you anything.

If you want to start a wagon, you need to give it a push. In this case, calling out ennui about how the scummy doggo isn't getting votes isn't getting you anywhere.

Want to see what will?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2638, Cobra Kai wrote:I think that wall from Flavor sounds like a sleazy car salesman.
Yes.

Again, not scum.

Do you guys need to see my scum games? I come off much more genuine.

However, I am glad to realize that the vast majority of players don't know my scum game again. It got pretty rough there for a minute when people forgot what Town Me looked like because I rolled scum like 4 games in a row, multiple times.

Illicit Substances game had to deal with me finally rolling town.

Now I'm dreading when I roll scum again.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2637, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2625, unwnd wrote:
The only think I distinctly remember was you taking issue with one of my early posts that you didn't think was a joke. There's not really any point in discussing that point with you because either you think it was a joke or you don't.

Everything else I remember was being engaged on by Battle Mage. I didn't want to interfere with the interactions and ended up forgetting about it. (I also admittedly did not read them)

If there was anything else, I either didn't think it was that significant or didn't think there was any point in refuting.

If there is something that bugs you about my play, I don't mind talking it out with you. If you don't think it's worth bringing back up because it got buried or you forgot, then it was probably not that important anyway.
Where do your priorities lie right now? I'm just itching to get more into your thought processes. The whole joke thing is done with, it's a problem that went unsolved. That's what we're here now though. Earlier I got in a scuffle with Flavor Leaf and he stuck his neck out for you and said you're not fluffing which is more of your scummeta. I'd have to say you're not Firebringer-tier when it comes to nothingness but I feel your posts are leading up to something that never comes. I don't get where you decided LLD was the one you wanted to vote; what did you think FL having your back and your read on him.
Stop
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:01 pm

It's a real question, Unwind.

I'm not gonna waste my time with a lesson in game control on someone who doesn't really wanna listen.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2487, unwnd wrote:Yeah not exactly what I meant but before I ducked out and told myself I did enough

Then I saw FL somehow getting a LLD wagon going and I just felt something stir in me. I actually have zero opinion about LLD, and frankly Brian joined it who was also in my crosshair so yeah
To be fair, I might be town reading Brian harder than I should specifically because I knew you were pushing him. I defended him when you pushed him earlier, if only for a post.

I said there wasn't enough fluff for the fluffmaster scum Brian to be scum here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2554, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm literally doing nothing
This is a fair reason to post as you did. In fact, it’s in line with the person it reminded me of, that being Katsuki. Not an AI thing but it checks out.
The potentially towny reason Id thought of was basically just seeing who was baited into trying to yeet her with real force.
<Embrace The Void>

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2640, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2635, unwnd wrote:Voting Firebringer then FL told me he trusts Firebringer and nobody cared

Ennui
Voting.

Firebringer.

Okay, let me take you under my wing for a second. Let's play "learn how to play mafia" together, okay?

There are players, like Firebringer, who we don't kill day one. And no one will kill them day one.

Do you know why?

they are too consistently low volume to read correctly day 1 consistently and if we killed them for looking scummy day 1 we'd always kill them.

Firebringer literally said something about this earlier and it's true. Doesn't say much about their alignment, but it's true. they never die D1 and will eventually be executed sometime around day 3 or 4, either because they're obvtown and scum needs to shoot the RK9 or they're scum and will die or they are town and look bad.

you're not gonna gain traction there, and the wagon won't learn you anything.

If you want to start a wagon, you need to give it a push. In this case, calling out ennui about how the scummy doggo isn't getting votes isn't getting you anywhere.

Want to see what will?

I promise that my vote on Firebringer is not this strong conviction, If anything I saw a few people talking about him and was testing the waters. My priorities lie with what I've most talked about, but I am willing to compromise on lesser thoughts. I'm not inexperienced in the slightest but if you're implying you wanna vote Flavor Leaf then let's play Mafia together

VOTE: Flavor Leaf
Stop
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:03 pm

In post 2645, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2554, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm literally doing nothing
This is a fair reason to post as you did. In fact, it’s in line with the person it reminded me of, that being Katsuki. Not an AI thing but it checks out.
The potentially towny reason Id thought of was basically just seeing who was baited into trying to yeet her with real force.
I mean, it's hard to make something like that into a good bait because the only people who will take it are people like Guilotine who think that I'm scum fro saying if Cakez flips town Cabd needs to die.

Well meaning but misinformed townies.

Not a gr8 b8 m8

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2531, Firebringer wrote:
In post 2530, Will catch up later maybe wrote:has anyone brought up the idea that nora was so opposed to listening to cabd on cakez because she knows cabd is wrong?

just an idea im tossing around while i think about things

-Nacho
good points
VOTE: nora
Yeah, I already thought Nora was TMI'ing Cakez as town.

VOTE: Noraa
REAGAN BUSH 84
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by REAGAN BUSH 84 »

This is my first post of the game. I'm actually annoyed because I literally planned to post
starting right now
only to see midway's prod which I think is the first of the game lmao. That's not midway's fault, though.

I don't like to halfass games, and really like to devote my complete and laser-focused attention, so I really don't like to post without being completely caught up and aware of exactly all that has happened. I wasn't able to really be around yesterday, and I spent all day reading but only got up to page ~50 or so. When this fails, it's time to start working
around
the time limitations. Assuming I won't be useful to others until fully caught up might be a mistake.

I've been able to serve as a kind of check on peta's reads but it sucks for him to have to talk with someone living 50 pages in the past. The leading wagon of Cakez I generally agreed with. His interactions with Cabd early strangely seemed to assume Cabd town, and it was only later that he got more aggressive. I also really didn't like his 317. It made both a categorical error and an error by omission imo. The latter is more interesting. Cakez's point is to compare how defensive/OMGUSy BM got, but the first quote highlights what town Cakez was looking for in a town BM: passion. I'd classify BM as having plenty of it in the early game. I don't know if this is just wrong thinking by Cakez or outright scummy, but the interactions with Cabd led me to lean the latter.

I've got a lot of townreads/townleans, ranging from the hardtown Battle Mage to medium TR Gamma and the dart throw townlean Cobra Kai.

I don't know how to feel about the tracker claim without reading more, and I'm actually very wary of Cabd's start. I mostly agreed with all of his early townreads minus I think l4pe, but they're flowing too easily and are too easy for me see and understand. This is rarer than it sounds, and counterintuitively makes me worried they're faked. He's just seen several scumteams fall flat after not coming out guns blazing in early games, so playing very aggressively from the get-go makes a lot of sense....but the early reads I did tend to agree with. Tough call.

I'm really curious as to what your goals were coming into this game Cabd and of their origins. I see confidence and I see guns blazing in the wake of missed opportunities. The fact that I'm skeptical of how preemptive your explanation was speaks more poorly of me than of you. But was there anything else you had in mind coming into this one? I'm also a bit surprised by your approach to the Fermis slot, who you seem more inclined early to leave at "sort alignment via Tammy" rather than be more proactive in cooperation.

Bush

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”