Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2534, midwaybear wrote:Firebringer, who do you see as scum between me and the muffin/nacho hydra is then?
Midway's giving me some flash backs to Illicit Substances. Not necessarily the game.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2627, Battle Mage wrote:i'm having fun and kidding around - can you leave me alone for once? or are we going back into another cycle of:

Gamma kicks off at BM for nothing
BM asks Gamma to stop
Gamma bitches and moans for 20 pages
I’m not gonna push for your death rn, but I will point how much of an ass you’re being. If that results in people actually wanting you gone, then I’ll stand with them.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
REAGAN BUSH 84
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by REAGAN BUSH 84 »

I also took notes of some posts of interest, but appear to have lost them in the corner of my office, or more likely my car. I'll see if I can find them.

Feel free to bounce ideas off of me for anyone that wants, though. I'll be around for about an hour.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Ok maybe the Reagan hydra is actually town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:06 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2646, unwnd wrote:
In post 2640, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2635, unwnd wrote:Voting Firebringer then FL told me he trusts Firebringer and nobody cared

Ennui
Voting.

Firebringer.

Okay, let me take you under my wing for a second. Let's play "learn how to play mafia" together, okay?

There are players, like Firebringer, who we don't kill day one. And no one will kill them day one.

Do you know why?

they are too consistently low volume to read correctly day 1 consistently and if we killed them for looking scummy day 1 we'd always kill them.

Firebringer literally said something about this earlier and it's true. Doesn't say much about their alignment, but it's true. they never die D1 and will eventually be executed sometime around day 3 or 4, either because they're obvtown and scum needs to shoot the RK9 or they're scum and will die or they are town and look bad.

you're not gonna gain traction there, and the wagon won't learn you anything.

If you want to start a wagon, you need to give it a push. In this case, calling out ennui about how the scummy doggo isn't getting votes isn't getting you anywhere.

Want to see what will?

I promise that my vote on Firebringer is not this strong conviction, If anything I saw a few people talking about him and was testing the waters. My priorities lie with what I've most talked about, but I am willing to compromise on lesser thoughts. I'm not inexperienced in the slightest but if you're implying you wanna vote Flavor Leaf then let's play Mafia together

VOTE: Flavor Leaf
I mean we'll get there, friend.

But it's a yes or no. Do you wanna learn how to influence people?

Cause if you're gonna lead this wagon you're gonna face a lot of adversity from a slippery and unhappy player.

So.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by unwnd »

I actually hate leading wagons and playing leader but fuck it I think the thread direction sucks humble me
Stop
REAGAN BUSH 84
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by REAGAN BUSH 84 »

In post 2653, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ok maybe the Reagan hydra is actually town
What specifically about my post gave you that idea? This is rather fast.
Cobra Kai
Cobra Kai
Goon
Cobra Kai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:08 pm

Post by Cobra Kai »

Prism what does a dart throw read mean?
Show
Strike First.

Strike Hard.

No Mercy.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2606, unwnd wrote:@SirCakez

I think my problems with Brian are a bit synonymous to Flavor even if they're different people. Right now my reasoning on them is that while my trust varies between people, I can't see a 1000+ D1 game having a lot of scum adding to the confusion, I think this is most likely town's undoing. Where does that come in with you? I think you're either part of the cause or just one of the people scum has decided this is your job. For your sake, I believe in the former not the latter. That isn't to say there isn't scum posting, but this is where I'd like to realign a few things. When it comes to the game I like honing on the bigger picture, and trying to weed out hidden agendas/motives. Right now because of the environment this is a very easy game to just post whatever and get away with it. This goes into my point of Brian/Flavor.

I really am starting to think you're not the right lim and I may be biased and influenced from other factors. If that is lead to be true, then I would rather push Brian/Flavor because they have said a few things I don't approve of. I think the reason Flavor has gone so long (in relation to the amount of posts made) without any checking him is because again, everyone is just posting whatever. I don't want people to break out walls and start speaking with such a pretentiousness that we dump all casual conversation, but right now if you look through the assorted pages most of what has happened is just people talking. That gives no pressure to scum at all, it's super easy to talk.

And why do I think Flavor/Brian are the most suspect out of the people talking? It's because their talking is conditional. I think the timing and necessity of their posting reads like a hidden agenda.
I feel like I've been getting checked constantly this game. I'm just ready to throw hands, and people cant throw the queen out the ring, ya feel?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 2655, unwnd wrote:I actually hate leading wagons and playing leader but fuck it I think the thread direction sucks humble me
OKAY.

IT'S TIME.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2647, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2645, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2554, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm literally doing nothing
This is a fair reason to post as you did. In fact, it’s in line with the person it reminded me of, that being Katsuki. Not an AI thing but it checks out.
The potentially towny reason Id thought of was basically just seeing who was baited into trying to yeet her with real force.
I mean, it's hard to make something like that into a good bait because the only people who will take it are people like Guilotine who think that I'm scum fro saying if Cakez flips town Cabd needs to die.

Well meaning but misinformed townies.

Not a gr8 b8 m8
I would expect townies to probe at your behavior (like I did), whilst scum would legitimately try to make a wagon off of it.
<Embrace The Void>

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I also feel like my agenda is incredibly obvious. I believe Maria even said this.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2660, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2647, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 2645, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2554, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:I'm literally doing nothing
This is a fair reason to post as you did. In fact, it’s in line with the person it reminded me of, that being Katsuki. Not an AI thing but it checks out.
The potentially towny reason Id thought of was basically just seeing who was baited into trying to yeet her with real force.
I mean, it's hard to make something like that into a good bait because the only people who will take it are people like Guilotine who think that I'm scum fro saying if Cakez flips town Cabd needs to die.

Well meaning but misinformed townies.

Not a gr8 b8 m8
I would expect townies to probe at your behavior (like I did), whilst scum would legitimately try to make a wagon off of it.
I said I wanted to see what would happen all around the wagon. I'm super happy with the LLD wagon and how that turned out. I caught a scum off of it.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.11

[10] SirCakez (ManWithNoName, Bell, Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, midwaybear, Lady Lambdadelta, Guillotina, Fermis Flames, MariaR, Cabd)
[4] noraa (Cobra Kai, Firebringer, SirCakez, Flavor Leaf)
[2] Lady Lambdadelta (Brian Skies, REAGAN BUSH 84)
[2] MariaR (l4pe, beeboy)
[1] Cobra Kai (noraa)
[1] Flavor Leaf (unwnd)
[1] midwaybear (Battle Mage)

[1] Not Voting (Will catch up later maybe)

With 22 alive, it is 12 to eliminate.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2020-11-30 13:00:00)
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Unwnd is more obsessed with me than I am.
REAGAN BUSH 84
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:11 pm

Post by REAGAN BUSH 84 »

In post 2657, Cobra Kai wrote:Prism what does a dart throw read mean?
It's my term for what others would call a gut read. I call it a dart throw because even though the read exists, the more rational side of me doesn't put a lot of stock in them if it can avoid it. I might dig up the specific posts later, but I think I had something I want to ask Cakez and a bit of work to do on unwnd.

Bush
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2656, REAGAN BUSH 84 wrote:
The fact it felt like you were genuinely sorting and were picking up good signals from what I’d skimmed of your big post.
<Embrace The Void>

Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:12 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 2641, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 2638, Cobra Kai wrote:I think that wall from Flavor sounds like a sleazy car salesman.
Yes.

Again, not scum.

Do you guys need to see my scum games? I come off much more genuine.

However, I am glad to realize that the vast majority of players don't know my scum game again. It got pretty rough there for a minute when people forgot what Town Me looked like because I rolled scum like 4 games in a row, multiple times.

Illicit Substances game had to deal with me finally rolling town.

Now I'm dreading when I roll scum again.
FWIW Flavor's style on his main is incredibly high-stir-shit but he generally speaking is fairly good at reading the resulting tea leaves.

He'll just try every combination until he starts getting clicks.

<weirdly specific simile>
It's like Jump Start 5th grade's crosswords puzzles, where you spam the keys until it locks in the correct vowels then guess around the edges.
</weirdly specific simile>
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Will catch up later maybe
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Post by Will catch up later maybe »

firebringer seems p obvtown

so does unwd

-anchor
see username
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2662, Flavor Leaf wrote:I said I wanted to see what would happen all around the wagon. I'm super happy with the LLD wagon and how that turned out. I caught a scum off of it.
I like this response
<Embrace The Void>

Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by Will catch up later maybe »

ok my auto correct did that but i agree with it
-nacho
see username
REAGAN BUSH 84
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:14 pm

Post by REAGAN BUSH 84 »

In post 2666, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2656, REAGAN BUSH 84 wrote:
The fact it felt like you were genuinely sorting and were picking up good signals from what I’d skimmed of your big post.
Oh you sweet summer child.
Cobra Kai
Cobra Kai
Goon
Cobra Kai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:16 pm

Post by Cobra Kai »

I agree on unwnd, what are you seeing with Firebringer identity crisis ?
Show
Strike First.

Strike Hard.

No Mercy.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 2649, REAGAN BUSH 84 wrote:I'm really curious as to what your goals were coming into this game Cabd and of their origins. I see confidence and I see guns blazing in the wake of missed opportunities. The fact that I'm skeptical of how preemptive your explanation was speaks more poorly of me than of you. But was there anything else you had in mind coming into this one? I'm also a bit surprised by your approach to the Fermis slot, who you seem more inclined early to leave at "sort alignment via Tammy" rather than be more proactive in cooperation.
My goal this game was "stop holding myself back when I get a strong scumread and let others talk me out of it"

Other things I had in mind? I wanted to roll mafia. I've not gotten a red PM since nearing two years ago, and If I do roll scum, I want it in a player list of people who will motivate me to work for every inch. Guess I'll have to sign up for another after this.

The Tammy-exclusive thing was a joke. Want me to pull up my ISO about their slot? Essentially, I have three different town things I look for, one per head, and all three are hitting them.

The ffery head I think is here to encourage me to vote my heart out after seeing what happened the last two games. Reads that she is partially responsible for stamping out, at that.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Meh
Maybe I’m knee jerking. But you didn’t seem to feel unreasonably pressure by mwb’s push. It seemed more like a passing annoyance than something you felt was a concern.
Although, didn’t I TR your hydra in the all-hydra large where you were with Isis?
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”