Fermis Flames
Fermis Flames
Goon
Fermis Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by Fermis Flames »

In post 1244, Fermis Flames wrote:I speed-read and have done nothing but read this game since I got home. Gonna try to step away cuz I'm getting a headache.

I haven't read my other heads thoughts to completion yet, as I didn't have time to do that too, but right now where I'm at:

Town to varying degrees: Battle Mage (I just like his posting. Call me stupid but him telling everyone he's a blade in the way he has makes me chuckle and that's my weakness), Gamma (once he finally stopped arguing with BM I started feeling better about him.), Cabd, Flavor Leaf (this is probably actually premature, but I like his stuff so far. I don't feel completely inept at reading him, so he stays here until I start feeling uncomfortable), l4pe and unwnd (this one I'm slotting to see exactly how I feel about it being in this group. I've gone back and forth on a few of the reasonings for their posts, but right now I'm leaning towards me just not agreeing with their logic rather than they're scummy.)

most people are shades of null. I'm actually surprised I have that many people that I have in a townish pool! midway bear, bell, and brian might belong in that group as well but meh they're on positive levels of null.

both my other head feel pretty strong about cakez scum as far as I understand, and I kinda want to throw in with theirs and cabd's confidence on cakez but for me yeah he could flip scum but I'm not personally that confident. This could be because I'm still feeling guilty about last game when I had a little good thing to keep town reading him for and I didn't voice it even though last game was an attempted game throw anyway. BUT.

Think noraa is just scum.
I didn't read every post from today but I'm caught up enough. I don't think I missed too much based on discord chats, so I'll probably not go back to reread all that unless I absolutely have to. I'm way too tired from waiting up to talk to nacho last night and my eyes feel crossed to do much more tonight, so hopefully sleep soon!

I'm still basically here.

Though move l4pe down to null. Lack of posting loses my they feel fine in the moment. i do still like my thing about the self-awareness thing. I'm just not sure it's very strong. I still feel decently comfortable about the other townish reads.

Add bell and reagan to the townish pile. (reagan was moving in here before prism showed up, but I do *like* prism's first post. erm was gonna say I think they post that kind of what they expect from themself and how they prefer to play more as town than scum and came off differently than when we were scum together but now when i started typing it out I remembered a game moons ago where a type of post like this came from scum, so this point is moot. I still do like the first post but I don't know if it's because I was already starting to think that peta was leaning town, so meh. idk but they're there.)

cobra kai might be here too actually. This is a comfort and flow read.

Brian should probably be moved from null into town. I did like the way he was reading muffin from nacho's posts last night. Kinda liked the "town muffin would never scum read me' thing. Don't think that's at all alignment indicative on the muffincho side though. My other heads have him as super town, and i don't have any objections really, the shining halo just hasn't appeared to me yet.

muffincho are positive shades of null. I liked nacho's interaction with me last night quite a lot, but I know that i've also given scumcho an early pass for having a good interaction with me and good posts in the early game. If he's able to interact with the game more, I'll be able to move this up or down. We haven't played together for years though; hopefully I'm still okay at reading him. Also I did not reach out to him beginning game, and I did this purposefully so as not to jinx it. 90% of the time when I reach out, he ends up scum. I did not reach out which should only give him a 10% chance at scum. I know this is how probabilities and percentages work because I never mess those up!

noraa is an actual scum read that I'm wavering on a little bit but I still like. beeboy is my back pocket scum read. MWNN might be too, not really too sure about this but something feels off can't put my finger on it.

Noraa - My scum read on you is largely due to your entrance feeling fake. When you first came in you made the big thing about RVS, which I get! it's a travesty to miss RVS, which is the only good part of mafia. You seemed very friendly with Cabd at first and asked him how sure he was about cakez and voted there while interacting with cakez in a weird way about meta. It looked like you were trying to find a way to vote him besides just cabd said so. I get that you came back and said all that was your own mini rvs, but it wasn't clear at the time that you were doing that, and I guess maybe? I don't know that it totally looks like that in retrospect, but sure I'll squint and say I can see it.

My major problem is what happened next. When you came back you chastised the thread and Cabd for the read and declared if you were right everyone had to call you daddy. Which is fine, arrogant chutzpah doesn't make you scum. Except you never gave a read on cakez; you were just yelling about people sheeping cabd and there being no case. What it looks like is that you cared more about trying to discredit cabd than do anything else in the game, and that's what concerns me the most. I asked you three times earlier what your actual read on cakez was and you ignored every time I asked you the question. Even while you were around and posting. I don't really buy into the scum theater argument there. My problem with you is that your shtick this game seems to be focusing mostly on discrediting people than trying to figure out the game. Maybe this is your town game, but as someone who replaced into undertale and told the remaining townies in final three that they were both playing badly, I expect you know how to play town. And I'm having a hard time seeing this as your town game.

Your push on flavor leaf likewise didn't make sense. you claimed that he was pushing you as a wagon to distract from the cakez wagon who could be scum that flavor is scum partners with even though flavor was scum reading you and cakez and voting unwind. (If I've misunderstood your argument here feel free to correct me. This is how I understand it.)

I'm just having a hard time reading your thoughts as believable. I'm always reassessing and willing to be proven wrong, so if you're town please start acting like it.

For cakez man guys I just don't know. My other heads have a decently strong scum read there and are putting their faith in cabd's read there as well. I'm not saying they're wrong to, but I just don't know. Cakez doesn't feel as natural as he did last game, and i didn't like the early push on BM for the reasoning, but I just really don't know. I'm willing to put my faith in my hydra partners and cabd's read because sometimes conviction sways me and I want that warm blanket of certainty, but personally I'd not take a bet on what he'll flip.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2746, REAGAN BUSH 84 wrote:Me/Reagan are going to take awhile to sort unwnd. In my real-time glancethrough I leaned town, but my more careful readthrough I found their posts on Gamma unnaturally convoluted and suspected they're performative. It's kind of annoying to get the telegraphed theme of what I'll argue later so my apologies.

Reagan seems to go back and forth on their more recent stuff w/ Flavor but that's a job for the the Bush of tomorrow/Thursday.
I want to like you, and I think what you're saying isn't completely untrue. I want people to just look at me as unwnd the player in this game and nothing else despite my mild annoyance at my competence. With this in mind, if you are curious about the process I can continue to use character space to write old-hat mafia jargon.
Stop
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Oh yeah, Noraa too. ^ nice mindmeld.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2644, Flavor Leaf wrote:I said there wasn't enough fluff for the fluffmaster scum Brian to be scum here.
This guy gets me.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2750, Fermis Flames wrote:Noraa - My scum read on you is largely due to your entrance feeling fake. When you first came in you made the big thing about RVS, which I get! it's a travesty to miss RVS, which is the only good part of mafia. You seemed very friendly with Cabd at first and asked him how sure he was about cakez and voted there while interacting with cakez in a weird way about meta. It looked like you were trying to find a way to vote him besides just cabd said so. I get that you came back and said all that was your own mini rvs, but it wasn't clear at the time that you were doing that, and I guess maybe? I don't know that it totally looks like that in retrospect, but sure I'll squint and say I can see it.

this is like word for word why I was scum reading Noraa.
Will catch up later maybe
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:46 pm

Post by Will catch up later maybe »

i think cakez is more likely flipping town than not

someone who disagrees with me can bet against me

loser has to sheep the winner for as long as we're both alive

only gonna take this up with someone i actually think is town and will honour it though lol

cabd is confident enough that i kinda wanted him to do it but i dunno if hed actually honour it lol
see username
REAGAN BUSH 84
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by REAGAN BUSH 84 »

In post 2745, Flavor Leaf wrote:Maria and LLD are scum. I'll do my own investigating tonight, but I'm confident in Maria more than LLD.
I don't really want to get into mechanics. I say this because I know this post invites it so let me repeat that:

Exploring this thought of mine publicly right now is a bad idea. Think on it privately

I found Maria's mechanical claim about benefiting from knowing driver/blade targets plausibly a hard scumclaim. Food for thought. I've always found Maria a coinflip to read in games I've followed along with iirc, and have a lot more experience rolling scum against her, so I don't put a lot of stock in my skepticism about the more qualitative side of their posts.
Cobra Kai
Cobra Kai
Goon
Cobra Kai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Post by Cobra Kai »

What is Maria scum like?
Show
Strike First.

Strike Hard.

No Mercy.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2756, REAGAN BUSH 84 wrote:
In post 2745, Flavor Leaf wrote:Maria and LLD are scum. I'll do my own investigating tonight, but I'm confident in Maria more than LLD.
I don't really want to get into mechanics. I say this because I know this post invites it so let me repeat that:

Exploring this thought of mine publicly right now is a bad idea. Think on it privately

I found Maria's mechanical claim about benefiting from knowing driver/blade targets plausibly a hard scumclaim. Food for thought. I've always found Maria a coinflip to read in games I've followed along with iirc, and have a lot more experience rolling scum against her, so I don't put a lot of stock in my skepticism about the more qualitative side of their posts.
if you're saying this because I'm acting like I'm an investigative PR, that was the point. That doesn't mean I'm an investigative PR.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 2755, Will catch up later maybe wrote:i think cakez is more likely flipping town than not

someone who disagrees with me can bet against me

loser has to sheep the winner for as long as we're both alive

only gonna take this up with someone i actually think is town and will honour it though lol

cabd is confident enough that i kinda wanted him to do it but i dunno if hed actually honour it lol
If I am allowed to take this, day two only. Final destination, no items, otherwise.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2757, Cobra Kai wrote:What is Maria scum like?
hits her threats. Lurks. Comes in, makes some noise. Lurks. Gets town read. Hits her threats. Lurks.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Noraa »

Spoiler:
In post 2750, Fermis Flames wrote:
In post 1244, Fermis Flames wrote:I speed-read and have done nothing but read this game since I got home. Gonna try to step away cuz I'm getting a headache.

I haven't read my other heads thoughts to completion yet, as I didn't have time to do that too, but right now where I'm at:

Town to varying degrees: Battle Mage (I just like his posting. Call me stupid but him telling everyone he's a blade in the way he has makes me chuckle and that's my weakness), Gamma (once he finally stopped arguing with BM I started feeling better about him.), Cabd, Flavor Leaf (this is probably actually premature, but I like his stuff so far. I don't feel completely inept at reading him, so he stays here until I start feeling uncomfortable), l4pe and unwnd (this one I'm slotting to see exactly how I feel about it being in this group. I've gone back and forth on a few of the reasonings for their posts, but right now I'm leaning towards me just not agreeing with their logic rather than they're scummy.)

most people are shades of null. I'm actually surprised I have that many people that I have in a townish pool! midway bear, bell, and brian might belong in that group as well but meh they're on positive levels of null.

both my other head feel pretty strong about cakez scum as far as I understand, and I kinda want to throw in with theirs and cabd's confidence on cakez but for me yeah he could flip scum but I'm not personally that confident. This could be because I'm still feeling guilty about last game when I had a little good thing to keep town reading him for and I didn't voice it even though last game was an attempted game throw anyway. BUT.

Think noraa is just scum.
I didn't read every post from today but I'm caught up enough. I don't think I missed too much based on discord chats, so I'll probably not go back to reread all that unless I absolutely have to. I'm way too tired from waiting up to talk to nacho last night and my eyes feel crossed to do much more tonight, so hopefully sleep soon!

I'm still basically here.

Though move l4pe down to null. Lack of posting loses my they feel fine in the moment. i do still like my thing about the self-awareness thing. I'm just not sure it's very strong. I still feel decently comfortable about the other townish reads.

Add bell and reagan to the townish pile. (reagan was moving in here before prism showed up, but I do *like* prism's first post. erm was gonna say I think they post that kind of what they expect from themself and how they prefer to play more as town than scum and came off differently than when we were scum together but now when i started typing it out I remembered a game moons ago where a type of post like this came from scum, so this point is moot. I still do like the first post but I don't know if it's because I was already starting to think that peta was leaning town, so meh. idk but they're there.)

cobra kai might be here too actually. This is a comfort and flow read.

Brian should probably be moved from null into town. I did like the way he was reading muffin from nacho's posts last night. Kinda liked the "town muffin would never scum read me' thing. Don't think that's at all alignment indicative on the muffincho side though. My other heads have him as super town, and i don't have any objections really, the shining halo just hasn't appeared to me yet.

muffincho are positive shades of null. I liked nacho's interaction with me last night quite a lot, but I know that i've also given scumcho an early pass for having a good interaction with me and good posts in the early game. If he's able to interact with the game more, I'll be able to move this up or down. We haven't played together for years though; hopefully I'm still okay at reading him. Also I did not reach out to him beginning game, and I did this purposefully so as not to jinx it. 90% of the time when I reach out, he ends up scum. I did not reach out which should only give him a 10% chance at scum. I know this is how probabilities and percentages work because I never mess those up!

noraa is an actual scum read that I'm wavering on a little bit but I still like. beeboy is my back pocket scum read. MWNN might be too, not really too sure about this but something feels off can't put my finger on it.

Noraa - My scum read on you is largely due to your entrance feeling fake. When you first came in you made the big thing about RVS, which I get! it's a travesty to miss RVS, which is the only good part of mafia. You seemed very friendly with Cabd at first and asked him how sure he was about cakez and voted there while interacting with cakez in a weird way about meta. It looked like you were trying to find a way to vote him besides just cabd said so. I get that you came back and said all that was your own mini rvs, but it wasn't clear at the time that you were doing that, and I guess maybe? I don't know that it totally looks like that in retrospect, but sure I'll squint and say I can see it.

My major problem is what happened next. When you came back you chastised the thread and Cabd for the read and declared if you were right everyone had to call you daddy. Which is fine, arrogant chutzpah doesn't make you scum. Except you never gave a read on cakez; you were just yelling about people sheeping cabd and there being no case. What it looks like is that you cared more about trying to discredit cabd than do anything else in the game, and that's what concerns me the most. I asked you three times earlier what your actual read on cakez was and you ignored every time I asked you the question. Even while you were around and posting. I don't really buy into the scum theater argument there. My problem with you is that your shtick this game seems to be focusing mostly on discrediting people than trying to figure out the game. Maybe this is your town game, but as someone who replaced into undertale and told the remaining townies in final three that they were both playing badly, I expect you know how to play town. And I'm having a hard time seeing this as your town game.

Your push on flavor leaf likewise didn't make sense. you claimed that he was pushing you as a wagon to distract from the cakez wagon who could be scum that flavor is scum partners with even though flavor was scum reading you and cakez and voting unwind. (If I've misunderstood your argument here feel free to correct me. This is how I understand it.)

I'm just having a hard time reading your thoughts as believable. I'm always reassessing and willing to be proven wrong, so if you're town please start acting like it.

For cakez man guys I just don't know. My other heads have a decently strong scum read there and are putting their faith in cabd's read there as well. I'm not saying they're wrong to, but I just don't know. Cakez doesn't feel as natural as he did last game, and i didn't like the early push on BM for the reasoning, but I just really don't know. I'm willing to put my faith in my hydra partners and cabd's read because sometimes conviction sways me and I want that warm blanket of certainty, but personally I'd not take a bet on what he'll flip.

town bin. Hold up. Im going to reply to this with a detailed post of what I was thinking at what times and why.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 2757, Cobra Kai wrote:What is Maria scum like?
Needlessly pushy in ways that seem like she has something she's gonna do but then feigns she doesn't care enough to actually do it
Stop
Cobra Kai
Cobra Kai
Goon
Cobra Kai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Cobra Kai »

Who would those threats be this game?
Show
Strike First.

Strike Hard.

No Mercy.
REAGAN BUSH 84
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
REAGAN BUSH 84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by REAGAN BUSH 84 »

In post 2758, Flavor Leaf wrote:if you're saying this because I'm acting like I'm an investigative PR, that was the point. That doesn't mean I'm an investigative PR.
Your post just reminded me about Maria, might as well not be related at all.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 2724, unwnd wrote:Hyperposting became the norm somewhere around the turn of 2016. I've tried to avoid it
Imo it only really happened around fall 2016. Around the time Alisae joined. I don’t label em the sole cause but e was either a catalyst or a sort of inauspicious harbinger.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Fermis Flames
Fermis Flames
Goon
Fermis Flames
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Fermis Flames »

In post 2750, Fermis Flames wrote:My other heads have him as super town
NOT super town. Don't have a Nacho read to call my own yet. Muffin's posts feel town and he's been more present. I know he's going to blindside me eventually. This could be the game since he's raised literally zero flags so far.

~shudders~

~ strange
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by unwnd »

Brian I will get to you, I promise

I appreciate your writeup and know full well how to handle it
Stop
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:50 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Cabd - that hydra has a more than decent chance being scum. I hope you're correct on Cakez, I don't have high hopes, but I told you I would hammer Cakez today, and I did.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.12 (Final)

[12] SirCakez (ManWithNoName, Bell, Dunnstral, Gamma Emerald, midwaybear, Lady Lambdadelta, Guillotina, Fermis Flames, MariaR, Cabd, Cobra Kai, Flavor Leaf)

[2] Lady Lambdadelta (Brian Skies, REAGAN BUSH 84)
[2] MariaR (l4pe, beeboy)
[2] noraa (Firebringer, SirCakez)
[1] Cobra Kai (noraa)
[1] Flavor Leaf (unwnd)
[1] midwaybear (Battle Mage)

[1] Not Voting (Will catch up later maybe)

With 22 alive, it is 12 to eliminate.

Let me know if you see any problems.

An elimination has been reached. Flip and night instructions coming.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:55 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

SirCakez was eliminated Day 1.
SirCakez was
Akhos - Mafia Driver/Blade
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:01 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Sunset begins now;

I will be resolving Sunset actions in (expired on 2020-11-18 18:00:00)

Please refer to your role PM for any actions to be performed at Sunset, and again, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:37 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Clarification on Blade Ability targeting (when we get to that point): The Driver's target may in fact be themselves, if the Driver so desires, since it is the Blade that uses the ability. The Blade may NOT be the target. This information has been added to the mechanics post.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:40 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

<6 hours remaining in sunset
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:17 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Evening 1 starts now.

All Blades should be receiving PMs concerning links, which may contain further instructions.

This phase will end in (expired on 2020-11-19 19:00:00) or when I have received all actions from affected players.
beefycheese

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”