deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1625 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:43 am

Post by deleuzional »

It just seems like a really weird thing to lie about as opposed to just getting confused about the joining order?
"Capitalism institutes or restores all sorts of residual and artificial, imaginary, or symbolic territorialities [...] Everything returns or recurs: States, nations, families. That is what makes the ideology of capitalism 'a motley painting of everything that has ever been believed.'" ~~ Anti-Oedipus
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Akarin »

Everyone ignored it before, but the whole "gaslighting" thing when Dunn was townreading Shelly seemed really off to me. I'd wanted to know if this was standard DGB behavior or not and got no response.
In post 630, Akarin wrote:
In post 610, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 560, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 549, shellyc wrote:i read the thread and feel reasonably confident to give my GTH reads on the playerlist:
Too many townreads
Dunnstral is scum; too many townreads is a town tell. He is gaslighting us into calling it a scum tell.

Shelly is town.
To those who've played with DrippingGoofball, is this normal for her?
VOTE: DGB-Drew btw
Execute -2 I believe
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Isis »

I want to hear from some people beside leuz and Akarin about it too
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:47 am

Post by Akarin »

Isis, want me to unvote if it gets do E-1?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:51 am

Post by Isis »

I think so
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:58 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1627, Isis wrote:I want to hear from some people beside leuz and Akarin about it too
Leuz is scum, take that into consideration.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:59 am

In post 1619, deleuzional wrote:Besides which, my point actually holds regardless of your alignment:

If you’re town, you’re bad at reading

If you’re scum, you’re bad at not getting yeeted
I am town and good at reading.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:01 am

Post by Akarin »

DGB, what's the case on Deleuze?

And do you still stand by the gaslighting thing?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:01 am

[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=12332103#p12332103]post 1623[/url], Akarin"][quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=12332060#p12332060]post 1620[/url], Isis"]I'd like for people to engage about 1580 pls

DGB doesn't have to given her unfortunate position[/quote]
I thought that was the whole reason anyone was actually scumreading Drew, other than Deleuze.[/quote]

There are no reasons to vote my pair.

From the moment we joined up early in the game we were called filthy scum and all the sheep mindlessly bad bah'd.

Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Akarin »

I wasn't bah-bahing until the thing I asked about that everyone pointedly ignored. That really pinged me but I wondered if it might be a personality thing.

The lack of response further pings me.

The Drew signup lie thing isn't as open-and-shut to me as I think it is to some people, but it
is
something that kind of bugs me. And Pooky being the one pointing it out doesn't help.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:05 am

In post 1632, Akarin wrote:DGB, what's the case on Deleuze?

And do you still stand by the gaslighting thing?
I am not super motivated to spend time casing because:

1. Right this moment I am on mobile LOL
2. Drew has given me zero reasons to townread him, which is super disappointing so if I am yeeted along with him, shrug
3. I feel like I've been mindlessly called scum since my first post and therefore my reads aren't valued

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:06 am

In post 1634, Akarin wrote:I wasn't bah-bahing until the thing I asked about that everyone pointedly ignored. That really pinged me but I wondered if it might be a personality thing.

The lack of response further pings me.

The Drew signup lie thing isn't as open-and-shut to me as I think it is to some people, but it
is
something that kind of bugs me. And Pooky being the one pointing it out doesn't help.
What Drew sign up lie?

Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Akarin »

This:
In post 1580, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 647, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 636, deleuzional wrote:
In post 633, Doctor Drew wrote:My last two games on site I have played with her.
did you hit it off to the extent that you would expect her to be this enthusiastic about dancing with you right from the get-go?
I chose the last lady spot because I felt one of DGB/Hectic/Pooky would ask me for a dance. There is more to it, but involves ongoing so I will stop there
In post 650, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 647, Doctor Drew wrote:I chose the last lady spot because I felt one of DGB/Hectic/Pooky would ask me for a dance. There is more to it, but involves ongoing so I will stop there
didn't you sign up before me
In post 1379, FakeGod wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear, who was aligned with
Mafia
, has
left
in
pre-dance
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Akarin »

You know, the thing Isis wanted more people to talk about.

And yeah, literal wall cases are dumb, I just meant what's your reasoning on Deleuze, DGB?

Also, it sucks feeling like you're not being listened to. I was getting some of that real-life yesterday. Talk to me!
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:13 am

Post by deleuzional »

DGB: “leuz is really obvscum”
Isis: “can you provide any evidence to back that up?”
DGB: “uhhhh, wait, I have to have
REASONS
for thinking things!?!? I’m not doing that because blah”
"Capitalism institutes or restores all sorts of residual and artificial, imaginary, or symbolic territorialities [...] Everything returns or recurs: States, nations, families. That is what makes the ideology of capitalism 'a motley painting of everything that has ever been believed.'" ~~ Anti-Oedipus
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:15 am

Post by deleuzional »

“Explaining the core of your scumread takes seconds, fabricating a good fake case takes an eternity.” — Gilles Deleuze
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:16 am

In post 1637, Akarin wrote:This:
In post 1580, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 647, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 636, deleuzional wrote:
In post 633, Doctor Drew wrote:My last two games on site I have played with her.
did you hit it off to the extent that you would expect her to be this enthusiastic about dancing with you right from the get-go?
I chose the last lady spot because I felt one of DGB/Hectic/Pooky would ask me for a dance. There is more to it, but involves ongoing so I will stop there
In post 650, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 647, Doctor Drew wrote:I chose the last lady spot because I felt one of DGB/Hectic/Pooky would ask me for a dance. There is more to it, but involves ongoing so I will stop there
didn't you sign up before me
In post 1379, FakeGod wrote:
PookyTheMagicalBear, who was aligned with
Mafia
, has
left
in
pre-dance
Why would that make Drew scum rather than misremembering?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:18 am

In post 1640, deleuzional wrote:“Explaining the core of your scumread takes seconds, fabricating a good fake case takes an eternity.” — Gilles Deleuze
It's not like anyone has a case on me.

I like to be at my desktop to make cases. It's too annoying on mobile and half the time I lose my post.

deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:19 am

Post by deleuzional »

I’m not asking for a case, i don’t really care much for cases and they’re generally more useful to scum than to town

I’m asking you to explain in a paragraph what the reason you think I’m scummy is. You don’t need to go through my ISO to drag up a load of points to do that, I assume
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:20 am

Post by Akarin »

Do you have any reasons at all? Like in brief?

And do you stand by your earlier comment about Dunn gaslighting with the "too many town reads" thing?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:38 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1639, deleuzional wrote:DGB: “leuz is really obvscum”
Isis: “can you provide any evidence to back that up?”
DGB: “uhhhh, wait, I have to have
REASONS
for thinking things!?!? I’m not doing that because blah”
I never asked DGB to back up her read (cause, like, DGB is a shoot from the hip player and it seems kind of silly and futile?)
town!you would be mixing up a confirmed player and an unconfirmed player while scum!you would be mixing up two confirmed players.
Or relying on the post of a town player when your scumpartner's same point was more salient in seek of legitimacy. So like either way it's bad.
VOTE: Ydrasse
"Well, I..."
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:46 am

In post 1601, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1583, deleuzional wrote:I’m feeling very bummed out by the pooky flip tbh
In post 1584, deleuzional wrote:I know it isn’t
actually
a grievous personal failing to misread someone as town when they’re scum and yet it always kind of feels that way
No scum

You've got the sads because you have lost a charismatic, cunning and valuable scumpal.
That's the problem when you start a game and everyone calls you scum immediately and never lets up. No one paid attention to the above. I am terrible at strategy but the one thing I am good at, is reading people's emotions.

It's hard to explain what I felt when I read leuz's posts above, but I'll try (I am on desktop now).

Usually when a player flips scum, we just move on. Tayl0r was proud to have outmaneuvered Pooky, she expressed that, but even that kind of reaction is rare. The flip happens and usually the reaction, when there is one, is to be invigorated and rush to find associatives.

We have not one, but two posts of Deleuzional expressing sadness at Pooky's departure.

The first post has a "tbh" "to be honest" which often stands as an awkward cover up of deception, a wee bit like when people start a sentence "I am not racist but here's a racist statement" - we have "to be honest, here comes a lie." That's a small point.

More importantly, I can sense that there is genuine feeling behind the post in the emphatic "very bummed out" and I'm thinking, what townie would be "very bummed out?" I'd feel like an idiot defending scum, but bummed out smells more like a scum perspective. That's how a scum would feel losing their team mate Pooky, not like town would feel misreading an adversary. Misreading an adversary happens all the time in this game, we don't get hung up over it.

Consciously or unconsciously, he must have had some nervous regret that this post gave away his true feelings so he felt the need to swing back in the opposite direction of being "bummed out losing a team mate" all the way to a "grievous personal failing" for misreading Pooky, as if saying that would somehow whitewash his first, overly revealing post.

Not "good job Tayl0r," not "great let's dig out more info," not "damnation, Pooky always fools me LOL"

No.

VERY BUMMED OUT

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:48 am

In post 1645, Isis wrote:I never asked DGB to back up her read (cause, like, DGB is a shoot from the hip player and it seems kind of silly and futile?)
All my reads can be backed up. When people ask, I always have detailed answers.

deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:56 am

Post by deleuzional »

In post 1645, Isis wrote:I never asked DGB to back up her read (cause, like, DGB is a shoot from the hip player and it seems kind of silly and futile?)
Yeah, I thought you were akarin
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:59 am

Post by Isis »

1646 is stronk
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”