MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:05 am

Post by MariaR »

I don't mind theory crafts and all that. But to come to such an answer you need to have some kind of scumread beforehand on both slots (something you didn't express but could happen) and really go through a few basic things in your head that you clearly didn't do. This whole meta thing that you have no base on because you haven't played vs scum me. Along with the fact...you openly paired with FB thinking he was a wolf which is the biggest red flag in you thinking this is legit.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:06 am

Post by OkaPoka »

i want to fully clarify

i scumread mariaR independently

everything else about bulge/fire/and even leuz are a result of me scumreading mariaR. all these theories of optimal scum pairing, narratives etc. are not a cause of my scumread on maria but in fact a result of it. if im wrong on maria i burn all the reads and reset.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1825, MariaR wrote:I don't mind theory crafts and all that. But to come to such an answer you need to have some kind of scumread beforehand on both slots (something you didn't express but could happen) and really go through a few basic things in your head that you clearly didn't do. This whole meta thing that you have no base on because you haven't played vs scum me. Along with the fact...you openly paired with FB thinking he was a wolf which is the biggest red flag in you thinking this is legit.
as far as im aware he didnt have a scumread before our interactions predance and found them sus
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:06 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1826, OkaPoka wrote:i want to fully clarify

i scumread mariaR independently

everything else about bulge/fire/and even leuz are a result of me scumreading mariaR. all these theories of optimal scum pairing, narratives etc. are not a cause of my scumread on maria but in fact a result of it. if im wrong on maria i burn all the reads and reset.
i guess im wrong?
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:07 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1824, OkaPoka wrote:im not applying a direct meta to you? im applying a generalization where people who have run dance are going to want to S/S im not saying as an expert on mariaR's meta ... like where am i using meta as my case against you? my read on you is based on your posts all pinging me, but whenever i have a top scumread i like to flesh out a narrative that might make sense of who the rest of their teammates are. i could just delete all my ideas about you and id still want to eliminate you, all it would change is i would no longer care about bulge or firebringer.
Then you should be talking about way my posts are pinging me instead of this theory that you just came together with. That's going to make people sway there votes not something that has next to 0 merit. Also in your own reads you said 'meta' not me so I don't know why you're getting confused at me bringing it up.
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:09 am

Post by MariaR »

That was probably Okas best post but really this comes down to do I respect Oka enough as a player to wolfread him or just think he's that bad to have such a weird and awful way of reading people.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:09 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1825, MariaR wrote:I don't mind theory crafts and all that. But to come to such an answer you need to have some kind of scumread beforehand on both slots (something you didn't express but could happen) and really go through a few basic things in your head that you clearly didn't do. This whole meta thing that you have no base on because you haven't played vs scum me. Along with the fact...you openly paired with FB thinking he was a wolf which is the biggest red flag in you thinking this is legit.
again i don't know about your scum meta im applying a generalization of people who have played dance games want x.

my confidence in FB being scum is entirely contingent on you and bulge flipping scum. like im still sub 50% on anyone being scum. if you take the e.v. of firebringer being scum as it stands, its entirely trivial where im still going to pair with him since im not going to bank this entire game on one theory

you can read my posts with the words 'meta' and i qualified it with 'maybe' indicating that meta maybe wasn't the best word to describe it as
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:10 am

Post by MariaR »

Whatever, I don't plan on touching Fire Oka first dance anyway, not my problem.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:10 am

Post by OkaPoka »

like here what is 40% * 40% * 40% ? that's an entirely trivial possibility to worry about when pairing
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1832, MariaR wrote:Whatever, I don't plan on touching Fire Oka first dance anyway, not my problem.
i feel rejected. So this is how that feels.
Show

deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:13 am

Post by deleuzional »

Whats the advantage of having one s-s couple?
"Capitalism institutes or restores all sorts of residual and artificial, imaginary, or symbolic territorialities [...] Everything returns or recurs: States, nations, families. That is what makes the ideology of capitalism 'a motley painting of everything that has ever been believed.'" ~~ Anti-Oedipus
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:13 am

Post by deleuzional »

And also is there any major disadvantage to doing two s-s couples?
"Capitalism institutes or restores all sorts of residual and artificial, imaginary, or symbolic territorialities [...] Everything returns or recurs: States, nations, families. That is what makes the ideology of capitalism 'a motley painting of everything that has ever been believed.'" ~~ Anti-Oedipus
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:14 am

Post by MariaR »

I don't get why this theory only applies to me when over half this PL has also done a dance game before but this is the last I'll comment on it since the base of this theory at the end of the day was a literal joke
pedit: Sorry Firepup I have more important people to fade
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:15 am

Post by deleuzional »

Who do you want yeeted the heck out of here, MariaR?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:16 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1835, deleuzional wrote:Whats the advantage of having one s-s couple?
In post 1836, deleuzional wrote:And also is there any major disadvantage to doing two s-s couples?
SvS really should only be between players who are confident enough to have an influence on the thread and even then depending on the playerlist it is very risky. (Hence why doing it in this one is kinda trolling)
2 is outright game throwing. With SvT pairs you have a lot more intel on the game and chances to pocket your partner. I can go into more detail if you need it but that's a very brief reason.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:16 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1838, deleuzional wrote:Who do you want yeeted the heck out of here, MariaR?
Dunn if DBG/DD are town
as for if DBG/DD are scum? I'll keep quiet on that one unless my partner feels the need to out my read
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:17 am

Post by OkaPoka »

in practice its easier to get an endgame with an s/s vs t/t and winning than getting an endgame with two s/t because otherwise a single t/t pair is all it takes to make a win impossible for scum, and well usually town are good enough to find a solid t/t pair to send to finals at this point
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:19 am

Post by Isis »

In post 1821, MariaR wrote:There's no way I would ever make a SvS pairing in a playerlist like this but ok.
Do you mean you wouldn't guide anyone on your team to pair S-S? What about this playerlist is unique that would make you feel S-S pairs are bad?
I'm curious which players you think are remarkable
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:21 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1842, Isis wrote:
In post 1821, MariaR wrote:There's no way I would ever make a SvS pairing in a playerlist like this but ok.
Do you mean you wouldn't guide anyone on your team to pair S-S? What about this playerlist is unique that would make you feel S-S pairs are bad?
I'm curious which players you think are remarkable
I kid you not if I was a wolf my first post in the wolf PT would be to not make any SvS pairings. To have a good proper SvS pairing you need a playerlist of people who are willing to work together and respect reads. This playerlist has a ton of bullheaded stubborn people that even if a SvS pairing existed and backed each other to the end it wouldn't stop some people from being stubborn and voting them. That's the biggest weakness to a SvS pairing. It highly depends on the playerlist and how good you are at influence to work out. It's not as simple as 'oh you vouch for me and I vouch for you'
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:24 am

Post by MariaR »

Oka is underestimating scum me and quite frankly it's offensive
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:24 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1837, MariaR wrote:pedit: Sorry Firepup I have more important people to fade
Baka!
Show

OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:26 am

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 1841, OkaPoka wrote:
in practice its easier to get an endgame with an s/s vs t/t and winning than getting an endgame with two s/t because otherwise a single t/t pair is all it takes to make a win impossible for scum, and well usually town are good enough to find a solid t/t pair to send to finals at this point
also in theory this game boils down to find 2 t/t pairings and town autowins unless scum is able to find an s/s pairing to send to the top

really if we played this perfectly, town just needs to find 3 townies to essentially autowin with a few caveats (requiring scum to get a strong s/s pair)
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 am

Post by deleuzional »

Is this not one of the best live performances of any song ever

deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 am

Post by deleuzional »

I’d do an S-S pairing as scum and would possibly push for 2 depending on what the rand was
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Isis »

Do you think I'm bullheaded stubborn? I kind of wanted you to be specific so I could try to gauge the authenticity of this line of thought but I can respect not wanting to trash people. I can take it, myself, tho
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”