Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1975 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:03 am

Post by Hectic »

I genuinely wouldn't out it for alt-etiquette reasons. I'd probably say I'm 99% sure I know who you are, but not specify who. Also, I think it's worse to tell them anyway, since they then have to ignore another piece of information that they wouldn't be informed about as town.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:04 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1973, deleuzional wrote:Are you colouring my name in hectic, because I’m in maf!tiger and it’s a really prettty shade of cyan
You monster... but yeah, feel like you resonate a cyan
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:04 am

Post by deleuzional »

But DGB is town(ish) and so is oka is just town, so I don’t know if isis isn’t right that it’s better to eliminate a pair who are both null-to-scum than pairs where one member seems town and the other scum
"Capitalism institutes or restores all sorts of residual and artificial, imaginary, or symbolic territorialities [...] Everything returns or recurs: States, nations, families. That is what makes the ideology of capitalism 'a motley painting of everything that has ever been believed.'" ~~ Anti-Oedipus
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:04 am

Post by deleuzional »

In post 1976, Hectic wrote:
In post 1973, deleuzional wrote:Are you colouring my name in hectic, because I’m in maf!tiger and it’s a really prettty shade of cyan
You monster... but yeah, feel like you resonate a cyan
Cyan is my preferred colour in Among Us and I’ve liked it as a colour for a long time
"Capitalism institutes or restores all sorts of residual and artificial, imaginary, or symbolic territorialities [...] Everything returns or recurs: States, nations, families. That is what makes the ideology of capitalism 'a motley painting of everything that has ever been believed.'" ~~ Anti-Oedipus
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:05 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1974, deleuzional wrote:I think probably the best slots to flip scum aorn are drew and firebringer, fwiw
In post 1977, deleuzional wrote:But DGB is town(ish) and so is oka is just town, so I don’t know if isis isn’t right that it’s better to eliminate a pair who are both null-to-scum than pairs where one member seems town and the other scum
I agree with all of this
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:06 am

Post by deleuzional »

In post 1975, Hectic wrote:I genuinely wouldn't out it for alt-etiquette reasons. I'd probably say I'm 99% sure I know who you are, but not specify who. Also, I think it's worse to tell them anyway, since they then have to ignore another piece of information that they wouldn't be informed about as town.
Hmm

I may have to reconsider my alt!etiquette rules in scum PTs

I wouldn’t out someone if I actually knew who they were but I’d specify my guess even if I was confident. Then again, I’m not wonderful at alt!hunting so maybe me being confident someone is who I think they are is further away from knowingly outing them than you being 99% confident
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:07 am

Post by Hectic »

Maybe colour-reading you just comes with alt-reading you

I generally go for red in Among Us, probably has a slight subconscious effect on people reading me as Impostor, but it's on-brand
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:07 am

Post by deleuzional »

Ydrasse and I have 3 pages of PT (disappointing, I know) and I’m leaning town on her still, but she hasn’t yet become locktown

Fairly strongly leaning town on her, I should say, or just straight townreading
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:08 am

Post by deleuzional »

In post 1981, Hectic wrote:Maybe colour-reading you just comes with alt-reading you

I generally go for red in Among Us, probably has a slight subconscious effect on people reading me as Impostor, but it's on-brand
Could be

Also I would hate getting constantly mis-yeeted for the meme so I dislike red
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:08 am

Post by Hectic »

Has she given any reads on me in there?
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:09 am

Post by deleuzional »

Also, for transparency’s sake, I should say that ydrasse is confirmed to know who I am

I don’t think she has, but let me check
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1966, Hectic wrote:Honestly, Dunny has done nothing that isn't in his scumrange so far.
shade noted
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 am

Post by shellyc »

deluez (hi mena!) did you want to have a conversation with me, I noted that from my skim
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:10 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1986, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1966, Hectic wrote:Honestly, Dunny has done nothing that isn't in his scumrange so far.
shade noted
Glad you noticed
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:13 am

Post by deleuzional »

She has not, we’ve only talked a little bit about drew, DGB, oka, and beeboy so far

Also, shelly, not game related but it’s generally not cool to actually conf!out someone even if most people think they are a certain person. That said, hi
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:13 am

Post by deleuzional »

I don’t think I do? Or I don’t remember wanting to, at this point
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:16 am

Post by shellyc »

In post 1989, deleuzional wrote:She has not, we’ve only talked a little bit about drew, DGB, oka, and beeboy so far
can there be like a tl;dr of your opinions because you two in contention for being my second-hardest TR
me/hectic are scum on drew-dgb, haven't talked a lot about oka, hectic is townreading beeboy for some tinfoily reasons

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:16 am

Post by Hectic »

@Ydrasse:
How do you read me?
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:17 am

Post by deleuzional »

Incidentally although it may be my own fault for playing along at points, it’s really not fun getting alt!hunted relentlessly when I think it was quite clear that I didn’t want to out. And I mean like, people systematically trying to work it out and going beyond just “oh, I think I know who deleuzional is” into actually guessing names

I really appreciated (I think it was Akarin?) asking me about my meta but actively not alt!hunting
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:18 am

Post by Hectic »

Yeah, sorry, leuz. I didn't realise shelly was actually just going to out you in-thread.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 am

Post by shellyc »

sorry btw, i thought you claimed it at some point since many of your posts implied it

deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 am

Post by deleuzional »

In post 1991, shellyc wrote:
In post 1989, deleuzional wrote:She has not, we’ve only talked a little bit about drew, DGB, oka, and beeboy so far
can there be like a tl;dr of your opinions because you two in contention for being my second-hardest TR
me/hectic are scum on drew-dgb, haven't talked a lot about oka, hectic is townreading beeboy for some tinfoily reasons
Sure:

Me-ydra — would like to endgame, providing my confidence in ydrasse!town continues to increase

Isis-beeboy — questionable because of beeboy who hasn’t done enough to be considered town and is pretty likely to be scum, but also can’t/won’t do anything from now until after intermission, still think this was a terrible choice by isis

DGB-drew — DGB is quite town I think, or at least has approached me and the way I play the same way she’s normally approached it as town. Don’t particularly like her wagon, or the way that (as she pointed out) it seemed almost pre-determined. Drew, otoh, is wolfy for his lack of content and especially for that “I’m still here but gonna do things later” pop-in he made yesterday

Bell-taylor — Taylor’s tinfoil on me is dumb and boring but she’s still very likely town. Slightly weaker than it used to be because pooky is one of the people who might tell her to just proposition everyone for the memes? In fact that does seem up pooky’s street. But I don’t think he’d be forceful about it, and my impression is that she wouldn’t feel confident enough to try that play as scum. Bell is town for how prickly he was with me yesterday, and the only time he played scum against me he was the exact opposite — very acquiescent to what I wanted to say/do and really worked on getting into my good books and pocketing me

You-hectic — idk, I feel uneasy with both of you, I don’t really townread you because I don’t think you’ve done anything outside your collective scumrange. Isis scumreading hectic also makes me feel uneasy about him, and idk if I trust his argument about not outing me in scum!PT because I still don’t think that would be an unreasonable thing for him to do. Fundamentally I’m not sure I’d ever get confident enough in you both to let you endgame so I’d prefer to elim you before then, and rn you seem like decent contenders for “both sort of scummy-to-null”. If you have a compelling reason for why neither of you can be partners with pooky, I’ll listen to it

Akarin-dunn — this could be scum. Dunn, I think, is town, but I’m not great at reading him. If we go using reverse-logic and we say that as I often misread him he’s actually more likely scum bc I think he’s town then we go into an unpleasant brain spiral. Buuuut he could be? Akarin hasn’t done much yet imo, I got a kind of bad feeling from some of her questioning of DGB yesterday where I felt like she wanted to look like she was being town (hunting, searching) more than asking questions she really needed the answers to. Idk, not opposed to eliminating

Maria-Bulge — idk, I just think maria is town for reasons. Could re-examine later, and no matter what I say about why I’m townreading her she’ll say it’s bad reasons, but... just think she kind of is. Bulge could go either way but I find her less objectionable if her posting has normally been between set hours meaning her lack of presence is more related to business IRL than active lurking or just lurking as a strat

Oka-firebringer — oka is towny for meta reasons. Fire is scummy for meta reasons. I’m getting tired of writing now bc on my phone, I may or may not explain later depending on if I wanna give away what I think are the metatells they have
deleuzional
deleuzional
Goon
deleuzional
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 am

Post by deleuzional »

In post 1994, Hectic wrote:Yeah, sorry, leuz. I didn't realise shelly was actually just going to out you in-thread.
S’okay
In post 1995, shellyc wrote:sorry btw, i thought you claimed it at some point since many of your posts implied it
It’s okay, I had been claiming I was everyone who I was guessed at, so I suppose maybe you got the impression from there

Like I said, most people already knew and I didn’t make a huge effort to hide it, it’s just a little frustrating
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:32 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1951, Isis wrote:
In post 1939, Hectic wrote:There's just no way Pooky/I both enter this game with the tactic of "let's try and partner with the IC and not propose to anyone else until we're in the final 3". For one, despite Isis being an incredibly fun person to talk to, it's very suboptimal for scum to partner with the IC. and it's especially suboptimal for both of us to run that tactic down to the ground until we're in a 3 person PoE. I also got pocketed by Pooky so it should be telling we're not SvS from our interactions...
Hectic
I wanted to change my mind about you so tell me this isn't the vodka talking
but seriously
"Pooky entered this game with the tactic of 'I will try to partner with the IC and not propose to anyone else until I'm in F3'?" How is that in any way an accurate characterization of Pooky's play? Pooky 1. proposed to me in the
centre
of me complaining about pairings happening too fast 2. went on to talk about me and other people being good partners in equal measure 3. announced a soul-death-pact with you that had the predictable effect of turning me off from the prospect of dancing with him, because I want my pair to delete itself purely on the basis of whether it's likely to be a T-T pair, and Pooky would know that and then later posted 4. "I say with no exaggeration that your acceptance of my proposal would mean instant death for me," which I still don't know how to parse but I don't think parses as an actual persuasion towards dancing with him, no matter how you parse it.

So when I hear this framing from you my inclination is to think it's the average of scum!Pooky scum!PT posts saying "i'm going to try to to see if I can get Isis to townread me, if it doesn't work just bus me but if it works out things could go really well" with what was posted in this game thread instead of merely what was posted in this game thread. I'm like, kind of enthusiastic about this cause my correct (admittedly weak, but correct) scumread on him was based on not doing the things he knew he needed to do to get me to dance with him, while doing the things he needed to do to mandela effect that made some kind of normal amount of effort to get a dance partner. And I think like you're better than this?

So "Me and Pooky can't both be scum because bothScumUs wouldn't make it likely for Isis to dance with each of us" doesn't need to break because you're not both scum, it breaks just because Pooky never made it likely I would dance with him. Not even remotely. I'm frustrated and paranoid about the extent to which MariaR's efforts to generate a pairing might have been performative but she did at least ten times as much in terms of actual things that might cause a pairing to happen -bolded text or not is irrelevant.

to be clear i'm asking myself if you're better than this

and drinking too much
For you, here are my thoughts:

Pooky
did want to pair with you, in my opinion. He didn't push it very hard, but you'll notice he didn't push much else at all. What I find weird is the way he acted after you partnered up, my read on the situation is that this was a repeat of last game; scum acting super nonchalant at the final pairings to try to wifom into being seen as town.

Early on though, the only person he was going for was you, right? There wasn't a backup plan and then we got to the final few pairings. Of course, this could just be wifom and multiple scum membors set up to try to dance with you.

Something I've mulled over is that
Hectic
, if scum, would have been better for the scum team to leave out of the dance. I think people would have pseudo-cleared
Pooky
in a way that people aren't willing to do with
Hectic
. Though it's unclear if they would have recognized this, or even have been able to maneuver things like that, or maybe they'd think they can get Bell out. Or maybe this points to
Hectic
being town.

The way
Pooky
went down yesterday did not seem like a bus, in that nobody was really calling for
Pooky
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:34 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 1996, deleuzional wrote:Isis scumreading hectic also makes me feel uneasy about him
Isis has scumleaned/read me in her last 3 games where we were both town

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”