Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by Mirth »

Iam, you failed to answer my question of why I'm scummy. Also why do you think I'm buddies with Strife? Can you be so sure of this on page 5?

And Retro isn't scummy for not paying attention to the set up. The comment was scummy for speculating about powerroles.
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Azrael001 »

To those wondering how I made such a simple mistake still (and you can see that I am still annoyed that I did it, as I am still talking about it)

I will attach a diagram for use as a visual aid.

I will go back and find all of the questions if I must, but I am not happy about it...

The above is the image. I am sure that if you copy and paste it into your address bar you will see it. I don't know how to wangle these new fangled internets. Answers coming to a double post near you.
Forgive my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.

(The irony is killing me.)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:04 pm

Post by Mirth »

Eh, Az, please just answer the questions left for you and stop harping about your mistake.
Azrael001
Azrael001
Goon
Azrael001
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Azrael001 »

Questions ahoy. (Sorry, embarrassment causes me to become defensive about my actions).

I copied all questions directed at me into Notepad and answered them in order. I haven't wrote who asked each one because it is probably unimportant:

1. Azreal... what pro-town reason can you possibly give here for that poo-excuse-of-a-post?

The post is not pro-town, it is random (the "random voting stage seems dumb to me and I think that the whole thing is "anti town"), it is clearly a mistake see the above.

2. And hey, I sure did lay down a gnarly random vote. Why should we be lynching sekinj/strife, Azrael?

We shouldn't be (maybe) it seemed to me as though they were arguing, I wanted to do the whole King Soloman thing.

3.Or are you just backtracking now so as not to look bad?

I don't understand why you would ask this. I am sticking to my story whether you believe it or not. Even if I was as guilty as you think I am, I would say the same thing. This question is a waste of time.

4.As we're not, do you have any more serious thoughts on who should be lynched today?

Not yet, though Mirth is beginning to look tempting...

5. Az, first of all, how is calling someone protown good?

It is my opinion, and the only one I had at this point, I thought that I would share.

6. You think you can write Sek off as protown?

No. I suspected that she was prtown.

7. Already?

Yes.

8. On page 4?

Yes.

9. After you admit to not reading most of the thread?

If you read carefully you will see that I have claimed to have finished reading the thread. Maybe someone else should do a reread?

10. This statement needs to be backed up - how could you get such a read so soon?

People act in certain ways when they are guilty, either too accusatory, or too defensive, or too nonchalant. Townies tend to be more relaxed and reasonable. Good scum know this and act accordingly. Either Sekinj is town or good at playing scum (in my opinion).

11. Whatever you're basing them on, do you want to share those suspicions with the rest of us?

Yes I do. When I have them I will post them. It is harder when I don't recognize people. Sorry.

12. ...how does "tone and word choice" possibly help?

See the above.

13. Is there a list of words to use if scum VS. town?

No.
Forgive my rudeness, I cannot abide useless people.

(The irony is killing me.)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:52 pm

Post by Mirth »

Azrael001 wrote: 10. This statement needs to be backed up - how could you get such a read so soon?

People act in certain ways when they are guilty, either too accusatory, or too defensive, or too nonchalant. Townies tend to be more relaxed and reasonable. Good scum know this and act accordingly. Either Sekinj is town or good at playing scum (in my opinion).
Why do I feel like I'm ICing a newbie game?

This depends entirely on the player. Some players change their playstyles, some don't. I tend to be foaming at the mouth no matter which side I'm on.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:57 pm

Post by strife220 »

No comments on my Retro case at all? Not even from Retro? It was actually a serious case due to upcoming deadline, and I'm hoping people will check in their opinions.

IAUN's actions have been justifiable except for the early "sek is most pro-town" comment. Of the 100ish posts made in the game, this one certainly stands out.

Retro: Please tell me what you think of my case against you (i.e. defend yourself)
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Mirth »

At your case: I did not feel a need to comment as I already commented on those actions of Retros. I did not however think that you were seriously pushing a lynch on so little evidence so early in the game. You, sir, earn an FOS. We have another week. We need to use it.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by strife220 »

I'm not implying people should be rushing to lynch him. I'm implying that, since (you're right) we do have another week, we need to spend that week discussing the lynch more seriously. There's nothing worse than waiting until the day before deadline only to have someone claim a power-role.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Post by Mirth »

Hmmmm...speaking of deadlines...

mod: can we get an extension, pretty please with sugar and cherries on top?
Greasy Spot
Greasy Spot
Goon
Greasy Spot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:23 am

Post by Greasy Spot »

Day 1 Vote Count:

Azrael001 (1) (Mirth)
retrowiz (1) (strife220)
Mirth (1) (iamausername)

Not Voting: sekinj, farside22, retrowiz, Azrael001

7 Alive = 4 votes needed to Lynch

Deadline: September 6, 10:00 AM EST

Deadline Clock

Mirth wrote:Hmmmm...speaking of deadlines...

mod: can we get an extension, pretty please with sugar and cherries on top?
uhh...You have over a week till deadline. I don't see any reason you can't come to a consensus in that time frame. I will consider it again closer to deadline if activity picks up.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:48 am

Post by retrowiz »

strife220 wrote:
sekinj wrote:on a side note: I'm not sure why everyone thinks I'm a he... I have a cute little cuddly kitty as my avatar... Plus a little pink gender sign... not a big deal, but it's weird how it happens in every game I play...
Kitten looks evil and manly to me. Grrrr.

I feel like this day is just started, but there's only 11 days to deadline - already time to start forming opinions.

My re-read leads me to
Unvote, Vote: Retrowiz
. Not really anything to do with the weird vote, unvote thing at the beginning.
This post set me off:
retrowiz wrote:
unvote
now that my origiginal vote is corrected I can remove it...never played a 7person game before...random voting is scary now.

first voter is suspicious.
second voter is bandwagoning
third voter is the l-1
fourth voter is hammer dropper
retrowiz wrote:@ mirth. Yup. my first post in this game I voted for sek for posting first, when it was actually strife who posted first. and yeah...for a smaller game I will change my voting pattern. hell all my strats change cause we're now in like a day 3 or 4 equivalent as opposed to the actual random stage we're in...assuming we are still random.

I will reserve my vote for actual suspects in this game, personally I am out of random stage. my hunt has begin.
I have a hard time believing he's sincere. I'd mark this down as 'over-acting to come across a townie' tell.

retrowiz wrote: @ Mirth, don't confuse newbie with scum.
Newbie card off the bat isn't very appropriate either. I know 'over-defensive' is a terrible scum-tell, but I think it holds some water in this context (plus, D1 cases suck).
Did I miss something or was THIS the case you built. "over-acting" and "over-defensive" I dont think theres anything to respond to...I'm not acting (yet scum and town would reply the same), and I'm defensive to participate. (WIFOM). hope that responds to the case you built.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:48 am

Post by sekinj »

@mirth: Why did you think an extension was needed? This actually makes me more suspicous of you, cause it makes you look like you are trying to hard to be townie.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:28 am

Post by retrowiz »

my question is why ask for an extension a week in advance...shouldn't that wait till a day or 2 before deadline max?
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:30 am

Post by sekinj »

retrowiz wrote:my question is why ask for an extension a week in advance...shouldn't that wait till a day or 2 before deadline max?
wait, didn't I just ask that?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:37 am

Post by retrowiz »

I figured you were questioning the actual need, I was questioning the timing of the question
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:47 am

Post by farside22 »

sekinj wrote:@mirth: Why did you think an extension was needed? This actually makes me more suspicous of you, cause it makes you look like you are trying to hard to be townie.
I know this wasn't directed at me, but as I was reading I was about to ask for an extension when I saw the mod's note. My reason's is that this is a busy week for me and I will be gone Labor day weekend. Maybe Mirth had her reason's for asking too. I dont' know, but I don't think it's scummy.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:40 am

Post by farside22 »

Read through the game finally have some good notes. This will be long.

Azrael001: Post 59 the out of no where comment and planning lynches in advance comment. Final got some answers. Some appeal to emotion comments.
sekinj : Post 24: Why did you think Strife's vote was random? Mostly good comments stated. Very thoughtful on what is going on in the game.
Mirth: Post 50: I don't understand how Mirth can drop someone as a suspect so quickly to focus on someone else. She had her suspcioun on Strife, but dropped it rather quickly for Retro. Just odd considering how she sticks to one person for a bit before moving on to the next. Post 53: Why are you so quick to attack Sej, but didn't say anything to Iam about his comment? Post 64: Where do you see Retro as backtracking? Post 99 just an observation at this point. I noted that even though you are keeping the conversation going you have not said much to Iam or Strife. You seem to be heavily leaning on either Retro, Az or Sek. Why them alone?
retrowiz - post of the vote, unvote, new vote weirdness. Post 45 does seem to explain his thoughts better. Still feel wary.
strife220 - post 11: Question why do you think putting someone at L-2 on page 1 was scum. (Sure fire lynch here; this tell is never wrong.) Have you seen scum do this before in another game? Post 27 answers the second question, but I never really saw sarcasm in post 11. Post 30 I hate to repeat people, but yeah I didn't see that as a random vote. Post 107 I disagree with you about retro's comment being "over-acting" I really don't get that. Also I don't like the newbie card, but it really is a null tell in my book as I have seen newbs do it often no matter their alignment.
iamausername - Post 84: Meta on me is over rated. I'm telling you I'm either scummy to people no matter my alignment or town no matter my alignment. Don't hurt yourself trying to figure me out.

My read tells me next to nothing on Iamausername. I don't understand how Mirth attacks Az for not commenting on things when I felt someone of Iam's post feel under the same category. Some of Mirth's actions I felt questionable. She is attacking only 3 people, but lets others off who do the same thing she is question of others. I'm leaning with Retro, Mirth or Az. Strife and Iamuser have that I'm not sure what to think.
Would like some answers to my questions first.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:36 am

Post by retrowiz »

first Mirth answers for Farside, then Farside answers for Mirth.
vote: Mirth
. but I could be easily convinced to switch to farside. 55/45 here
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:55 am

Post by sekinj »

retrowiz wrote:first Mirth answers for Farside, then Farside answers for Mirth.
vote: Mirth
. but I could be easily convinced to switch to farside. 55/45 here
you aren't doing yourself any favors in my book. this is bad reasoning (and I use the term 'reasoning' loosely).
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:09 am

Post by retrowiz »

so am I compltely out of my mind for seeing them answering each other questions as a little odd?
stats
as town 1/2
as scum 1/0
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Mirth »

sekinj wrote:@mirth: Why did you think an extension was needed? This actually makes me more suspicous of you, cause it makes you look like you are trying to hard to be townie.
Because I don't like the pace of this game and I almost always beg for deadline extensions?

Retro: because I feel like asking now.

Farside: because it's what I do when I'm appeased, I did respond to Iam's comment in 50, actually, you must have missed, Retro's explanation is a whole lot of backtracking (i didn't mean to vote them but its still random!). Why those people alone, because they're currently holding my attention. This may or may not change.

Retro: I don't particularly care if you vote me, but please do so for a valid reason. Look at the kinds of questions we're answering for each other. Really darn obvious ones that anyone could address. Besides, if we were scum together, you'd think we'd being trying to associate?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:35 am

Post by farside22 »

Mirth wrote:
Because I don't like the pace of this game and I almost always beg for deadline extensions?

Retro: because I feel like asking now.

Farside: because it's what I do when I'm appeased, I did respond to Iam's comment in 50, actually, you must have missed, Retro's explanation is a whole lot of backtracking (i didn't mean to vote them but its still random!). Why those people alone, because they're currently holding my attention. This may or may not change.

Retro: I don't particularly care if you vote me, but please do so for a valid reason. Look at the kinds of questions we're answering for each other. Really darn obvious ones that anyone could address. Besides, if we were scum together, you'd think we'd being trying to associate?
No I saw you address Iam, but you didn't attack him when he defended Retro as Sej did. Why does he get a free pass?
Please no WIFOM.
Also mostly I stated my thoughts on the extension and reasons why I was planning on asking for one. But I still don't see it as a scummy act to ask for a deadline no matter when it's asked.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Mirth »

Oh, didn't realize that was what you meant. I thought you meant Iam commenting on Strife. I didn't go after Iam for Retro because it didnt look like he was defending Retro. It looked like he was just pointing out that Retro's reasoning is still wrong if he said he wanted to vote for the first poster, he did that originally.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:47 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth wrote:
Azrael001 wrote: 10. This statement needs to be backed up - how could you get such a read so soon?

Why do I feel like I'm ICing a newbie game?

This depends entirely on the player. Some players change their playstyles, some don't. I tend to be foaming at the mouth no matter which side I'm on.
GFT ...took me awhile to learn that as a newbie. thought you disliked me for a random reason. maybe ya still do, but good to know it's not uncommon. I still love ya Mirth.
retrowiz
retrowiz
Goon
retrowiz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:52 am

Post by retrowiz »

Mirth wrote:
retrowiz wrote:
Mirth wrote:...you'll look into something? Instead of "looking into" it, could you actually do it? Not starting conversations is not something to be proud of.
wow...mirth...you need to do somthing with your day other than this forum, unfortunatly I have a life and this game gets played when I have time...

then of course I make a point VS farside and you stick up for them...of course you attack others for quickly defending others, so why defending farside?!?!
I do do something with my life, thank you very much. When you post, I'd prefer if you actually posted content as opposed to posting something along the lines of "hmmm posting content might be a good idea. i'll consider doing it."

How am I sticking up for Farside, exactly? I'm pointing out why she did it, since her reason is pretty obvious, where did you attack Farside that she needed defense? As far as I can tell you asked a question. I answered it because the answer was obvious.

Sek: being obviously in agreement with someone doesn't automatically exclude anyone from being a scum pair. Don't write us off so quickly.
the last comment here is what's keeping me on alert...it might be WIFOM but it's sticking front of my mind. if an answer is clearly obvious, let the person answer for themselves.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”