Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:26 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 1874, Nero Cain wrote:So he's a claimed VT and the loss would be small but the reward of lynching him is great. With a big reward and a small possible loss he sounds like a perfect flip candidate, no?

like I just feel like his whole vt claim is so he can argue that he wouldn't claim VT as scum.
In theory yes but I play on intuition.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:28 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@ABR
You claim to have townread Nero this entire time, Nero doesn't scumread me and i do believe he's way better at reading me than you are.
I'm not seeing where your confidence at me being scum comes from.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:28 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 1874, Nero Cain wrote:like I just feel like his whole vt claim is so he can argue that he wouldn't claim VT as scum.
i mean, that is essentially the only reason why scum would ever claim VT on d1

and of course, if he is VT he just claims VT so

the risk/reward thing is just appealing to you because you think the reward is so high, specifically you think P(prententious scum) is significantly higher than 25%

that is the assumption that i disagree with, and most people off the wagon would as well
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1871, innocentvillager wrote:im aware and i don't love that this is mostly just the people who haven't been posting much, but uh,
it's good enough for D1
but is it really?

I know its d1 and there's no flips and no info but the whole scum reading all the lurkers and town reading all the actives seems pretty bonkers to me.

I mean I know you said that you aren't in love with it but you HAVE to think you are wrong somewhere right?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:33 am

In post 1878, Nero Cain wrote:I mean I know you said that you aren't in love with it but you HAVE to think you are wrong somewhere right?
of course i'm wrong! what's the chance that i got all 4 scum in this lurker pool on d1? like, very very small
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:35 am

In post 1878, Nero Cain wrote:but is it really?

I know its d1 and there's no flips and no info but the whole scum reading all the lurkers and town reading all the actives seems pretty bonkers to me.
fine, it's not good enough for d1, im just being lazy

im not arguing my reads are like great

im simply stating my points of view, how i feel about them, and any supporting reasoning i can think of

you can evaluate as you like
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:36 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

@IV
I agree with Nero's point, i believe you're making a mistake with this "let Flavour live until D3 and eliminate lurkers" stance.
I don't think you're necessarily scum for it, just wrong.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:36 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1870, innocentvillager wrote:{TheDuke, DGB, muh, may, non, Umlaut, Glitch}

I mean technically it's possible that all 4 scum could be here but ummmm I just kinda think that's silly.

Also if muh was in your POE why did you never join there?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:36 am

In post 387, Nero Cain wrote:my WAY TOO EARY solve is that all 4 scum is in

JacksonVirgo
Pretentious

muh316
Tayl0r Swift
Albert B. Rampage
innocentvillager
Look at this post ^

What Nero has done is harden his "way too early" solve on pg16 with no margin of error or slight deviation to the point where he's supremely confident he's right despite all evidence to the contrary.

The more the game progresses, the more certain he is of whatever his arbitrary hunch was when he started. Nobody finds scum on page 16 so I understand what's happening with him and it isn't special or worth placing any weight on.

He's not an imaginative player.

Norwee, sounds like you're playing to his meta knowledge of you to pocket him.

The reason why I win so often is because I can overcome my bias, see through illusion and form contrarian opinions that I can rally other players around eventually.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It's way more important to get rid of active scum than flaking/non-active players that can be scum. As they have very little influence and will likely be the elimination at some point anyway if we don't hit scum until then.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1883, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Norwee, sounds like you're playing to his meta knowledge of you to pocket him.
Yeah i've seen this a thousand times. "Omg, Nero and Norwee townread each other, woe be me. One is pocketing the other"

- Bunno
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:39 am

In post 1884, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's way more important to get rid of active scum than flaking/non-active players that can be scum. As they have very little influence and will likely be the elimination at some point anyway if we don't hit scum until then.
I agree completely. Let's start with you.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:39 am

In post 1881, NorwegianboyEE wrote:@IV
I agree with Nero's point, i believe you're making a mistake with this "let Flavour live until D3 and eliminate lurkers" stance.
I don't think you're necessarily scum for it, just wrong.
well, if i completely nullread him I wouldn't be saying that

he is one of my higher tier TRs at the moment, so that's why im saying that

you scumread him, so that's where we disagree
Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1870, innocentvillager wrote:{TheDuke, DGB, muh, may, non, Umlaut, Glitch}

I mean technically it's possible that all 4 scum could be here but ummmm I just kinda think that's silly.

Also if muh was in your POE why did you never join there?
i totally agree

i was meh on muh, if a wagon formed there again i wouldn't mind joining it at all

think i thought umlaut was worth somewhat more pursuing at the time, but that wagon died down like super quickly which still makes me go ehhhhh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Who is scum, ABR?

NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:41 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1886, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1884, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It's way more important to get rid of active scum than flaking/non-active players that can be scum. As they have very little influence and will likely be the elimination at some point anyway if we don't hit scum until then.
Dude, just stop.
You sound so childish. :facepalm:

- Bunno
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:41 am

In post 1888, Nero Cain wrote:Who is scum, ABR?
Norwee and IV's POE.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:42 am

In post 1889, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Dude, just stop.
lol i thought it was pretty funny Norway
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:42 am

In post 1890, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 1888, Nero Cain wrote:Who is scum, ABR?
Norwee and IV's POE.
uh, except for muh right, he's in my PoE too
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:43 am

Dude, just stop.
Nah scum tend to narrate exactly what they are doing in the third person on a theoretical level. It's called putting a grain of truth in your lies.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:46 am

if i had to pick one active player i think im most likely to be wrong on, it would be like GE

i read through my notes again and uh, it just looks like he's solving a lot and reevaluating that's really the only thing I had, which is fakeable by good scum. idk how good he is at scum
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:47 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

VOTE: pretentious
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1893, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Dude, just stop.
Nah scum tend to narrate exactly what they are doing in the third person on a theoretical level. It's called putting a grain of truth in your lies.
You just have to seep your poison into every single post i make from now on don't you.
You're actively being anti-town with your method of argument.
If you know i'm so obviously scum why don't you make an proper case and see how many bite? What you're doing right now is fucking garbage and making me want to replace out of the game.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:47 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Like i don't even care what your allignment is, i'm just so done with your shitpush.

- Bunno
Tayl0r Swift
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Tayl0r Swift
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:48 am

Post by Tayl0r Swift »

can everyone just calm down a bit? this is getting toxic and its certainly counterproductive
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:48 am

is it getting toxic? i didn't get that vibe, even ABR's push on Norway just seems aggressive, nothing else

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”