Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:44 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I’m trying to deal with the fact that I often have too many townreads in games, and I’m wondering if questioning my townreads early before a wrong read gets solidified will help with that. I’m also affected by what happened in deaths curse.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:46 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 674, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:It feels like he is not happy about how fast the townblock has grown :3
Yeah but why does scum!Infinity voice that unhappiness? surely it'd be leagues better to like, attack the townreads directly rather than just voice dissatisfaction with it
Infinity 324 wrote:I’m trying to deal with the fact that I often have too many townreads in games, and I’m wondering if questioning my townreads early before a wrong read gets solidified will help with that. I’m also affected by what happened in deaths curse.
Is (or was) your concern that the thread overall had too many townreads, or just that you yourself do?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:47 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

mmmm

it just felt a little wonky to say for some reason but hmph >_>
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

also in theory infinity probably doesn't want to be the dissenting voice for a townblock that early on because uh, it looks bad to start hacking away at a specific read or two i'd think versus try to suggest, like, "oh you guys this might not be going well!" sort of thing, idk!
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:49 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 676, Morning Tweet wrote:Yeah but why does scum!Infinity voice that unhappiness? surely it'd be leagues better to like, attack the townreads directly rather than just voice dissatisfaction with it
maybe he felt better to pump the brakes and express distrust rather than attack someone specifically?

I would've been way happier with him if he had actually pointed to someone being townread by everyone that seemed to him that they shouldn't be town-read rather than a general statement of dissatisfaction.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:50 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 676, Morning Tweet wrote:Is (or was) your concern that the thread overall had too many townreads, or just that you yourself do?
I think I was projecting my concern about having too many townreads onto the thread, even though I shouldn’t really be worried about others’ townreads as this stage. I did see a bunch of townreads being thrown out but that’s probably not what I was worried about deep down.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:52 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 679, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 676, Morning Tweet wrote:Yeah but why does scum!Infinity voice that unhappiness? surely it'd be leagues better to like, attack the townreads directly rather than just voice dissatisfaction with it
maybe he felt better to pump the brakes and express distrust rather than attack someone specifically?

I would've been way happier with him if he had actually pointed to someone being townread by everyone that seemed to him that they shouldn't be town-read rather than a general statement of dissatisfaction.
But that was the problem, they seemed like good reads to me. But when I have a TR on most/all active players usually something’s wrong.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Idk i think a generalized statement like "We are townreading too many people" is a more vague and noncommital way of shading a townblock, yes. but also it just seems like it'd be really really ineffective and I find it hard to believe scum!Infinity thinks it'd help as opposed to town!Infinity just saying things
In post 680, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 676, Morning Tweet wrote:Is (or was) your concern that the thread overall had too many townreads, or just that you yourself do?
I think I was projecting my concern about having too many townreads onto the thread, even though I shouldn’t really be worried about others’ townreads as this stage. I did see a bunch of townreads being thrown out but that’s probably not what I was worried about deep down.
I see. i asked because it came off like you were accusing the entire thread of it, but your explanation was more personal. so you weren't concerned with others after all, hm
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:56 pm

"We have a worryingly large townbloc for so early on but ehh"

and

"It means there’s likely scum in the townbloc."

makes me feel like he is not talking about just his personal reads but our actual townbloc.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:56 pm

and even if there was like 1 scum inside an 8 person townblock, you still flip outside where you have better odds of hitting bad guys.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:24 pm

Post by Kanna »

Votecount 1.0.7

[3] TheGoldenParadox:
Isis, skitter30, Dunnstral
[2] Dunnstral:
Infinity 324, Morning Tweet
[1] Gypyx:
Hopkirk
[1] Gloria Cleary:
Gypyx
[1] Isis:
TheGoldenParadox

[5] Not Voting:
Ydrasse, Gloria Cleary, PookyTheMagicalBear, team rocket queen, Flea the Magician

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch. If there is no majority by the deadline, plurality will decide.

The deadline is in (expired on 2020-11-29 09:11:15).

Joint Mod ISO
Last edited by Kanna on Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spirited away thanks for the good memories

"My heart is shaped like a harp with strings that go wiggle wiggle when someone is acting like an earnest bucketheaded townie incapable of wrong" ~ Isis
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:01 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 683, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:"We have a worryingly large townbloc for so early on but ehh"

and

"It means there’s likely scum in the townbloc."

makes me feel like he is not talking about just his personal reads but our actual townbloc.
p-pooky... you are town?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:11 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

i think the entire concept of a d1 townbloc is flawed, although the relative naturalness of it makes me question it far less. gypyx and gloria look town, as do ydrasse and infinity. i'm really going back and forth on pooky, but settling in on a slight townlean on them. hopkirk is still town, and i'm much less confident in isis, so VOTE: dunnstral this slot has been fairly bad from the beginning and has not gotten better.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:13 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Why is gypyx town?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:26 pm

In post 686, Ydrasse wrote:p-pooky... you are town?
By the tide, the surf and the waves.

By where the sea kisses the sky.

By all the sunsets in the east.

By the smell of salt on the wind.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:22 am

Post by Isis »

Loki laid down in a way where his mouse was underneath him
Spoiler:
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:37 am

Post by Hopkirk »

VOTE: Dunnstral
There's no reaching. I've become enlightened.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:39 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 178, skitter30 wrote:hopkirk is town imo

(and i'd rank him above 'eh' on the cuteness scale, but don't tell him i said that :p)
In post 642, skitter30 wrote:i would like to pressure tgp more and i'm not sure i see what people are seeing gypyx

also i think hopkirk has gotten a bunch of townreads and i'm not really seeing it yet
hm?
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:45 am

Post by Isis »

Flea had a long post that didn't accomplish much, but then they told on themselves for not accomplishing much. I think they're good. The wallpost reads like they actually just read the thread and shared every thought they had and didn't hide any from us and then they got to the end and realized they hadn't said anything, but they felt sorry not sorry cause town can do no wrong, and stated such with the right tone. You can get a lot of really really scumreads and townreads off of correctly discerning people's attitudes towards their own content (that's what elitelling is and some people say it's the most unfairly powerful tell so)

The discussion around the infinity comment made me realize shading a townblock for size without picking anyone can like, benefit scum without putting oneself in harm's way and that make sense. I wonder if that's getting to become too much of the game at this point.

I think it was skitter asked: if you want to go purely on past games, I should be able to read Pooky (the reason Pooky is treating it as poignant is that it's been a read against town consensus in the past) (is that what poignant means it means kind of the same thing as salient right?)

Skitter and Gloria both don't like my Ydrasse analysis, but Gloria's reaction was "I don't really feel this but I don't have any reason to believe this was manufactured and anyway I think the slot it's about
is
town so I'm happy about it"; skitter's reaction was, she doesn't even think Ydrasses is scum, but she cares a lot whether my point was stupid anyway.
VOTE: skitter

I will dayvig Pooky the next time he says this game's plot is not about a wedding between me and Morning Tweet (who so far seems like a town bride but if it turns out she's scum there will still be a wedding it will just be even more forbidden)

This post is a weird mix of remembering things not necessarily in order and reading some pages out of order on accident so sorry if it's chronologically messy.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:46 am

Post by Hopkirk »

In post 628, team rocket queen wrote:basically it feels like should come after but it comes before
Skitter30 had asked me to interact in real time with her before that.
In post 629, Morning Tweet wrote:i think gloria purporting that she is isn't scummy and sort of being defensive about it is towny. Particularly the "are you even reading?" part. like it's really obvious to her. From what i gather, Hopkirk is arguing that she seems different from death scroll, and she responded that because Pooky is TRing her, that read is invalid

i'd be a bit surprised if that sort of tone comes from scum, although I dont really know Gloria (to my knowledge)
I'm townreading Gloria currently.
In post 672, Morning Tweet wrote:I think scum ends up in the null town area a decent amount, although it's player dependent as well as dependent on how far we are into the game whether i'd maintain paranoia of them or not

like D1 i use everything i can

If you write off townleans because being towny is inherently scummy then i think that's a problem, but i lean against that being whats happening
Flopz in Matrix (1/2)
Death curse (for me) - Noraa, Zdenek, Lapsa (the majority of my 'null-town/not fully sorted' level reads/ people that weren't in my townblock or scumreads eventually flipped scum).

I could go through more games, but I don't remember a recent game where a decent amount of the scumteam hasn't been in the 'gut slight townlean' section of my reads at the start of d1 (improves as the game progresses, but d1 it isn't especially helpful).
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

How are you feeling on these slots Isis:

-TGP
-Jessie
-Dunn
-Gypx
-Skitter30
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:49 am

Post by Hopkirk »

@Pooky- is there any reason to think the princess isn't just evil.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:53 am

Post by Hopkirk »

(Skitter30/Gypyx/Dunn) are the slots I'm not a fan of at the moment.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:01 am

Post by Isis »

TGP's readslist makes no sense and what I remember of their posting doesn't make much sense, and on balance I lean towards it being a scummy thing I don't understand instead of a townie thing I don't understand. Apparently Dunnstral and skitter were my comrades in terms of voting their so when I don't have my fingers wrapped around it composition might be something to think about.
Jessie mostly hasn't towntold yet and has touched on a lot of topics where I'd expect her to have towntold. I think Infinity is the one with the sig where where posting long enough without towntelling is a scumtell. I'd sooner vote there than revote TGP at this point I think.
Dunnstral is mildly scummy but I've reached a point where I kind of treat him unfairly [well] in my games if he's not a 13/10 on lurking and scummy potshotting because he sometimes turns on midgame and has really good reads, and lots of times when you elim him for seeming scummy he's actually town, he just has that playstyle. I'm not gonna expect others to hold to that though.
Gypyx seems scummy for the way he was scrabbling with setup spec stuff it's a bit cognitive load scummy to count through the wifom of claiming hidden information so slowly. I don't have a lot from him yet though.

I'm starting to wonder if I approach games in a way that sets up perverse incentives on being active and sharing yourself oof.

Hopefully by the time phases reach their end point, at least, I don't
"Well, I..."
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:09 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Pain day so less chaos, sorry :P I am caffine fueled still :twisted:
In post 651, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:from what I know of Hectic.

He really loves twists, romance, and nontraditional narrative arcs.

so here are some guesses that went through my head about what is actually going on.

The Princess does not want to be married - She does not love her suitor whom she has been promised to, she sees the evil in his heart - he loves not her but power.

The food was stolen for a trip away from the Castle for she will be traveling many leagues to find a New World where she can be safe and free.

She has disguised herself among the castle workers and will recruit those she trusts to help her with her quest - now since a Princess cannot be a
Villain
- I think she is something of the equivalent of a Delayed IC and we are playing something fairly close to a Mountainous Game.

The evil prince has dispatched his henchmen to search for her as he has noticed she is missing from her quarters - the villains seek to stop her escape and wish the wedding to go ahead as planned - they have evil in their hearts - they hope to capture her.

Mech Speculation

After the initial 2 launches, we will have the Princess be revealed as an IC, she will try to form a coalition of 6 that she can trust - this will end in a town victory if it is successful, if not we will move into the Ball Room for a dance game where players will pair up into lover neighborhoods.
Please mafia gods let this be the setup, this sounds freaking amazing. I call Hoppy! <3
In post 667, Ydrasse wrote:also i used to play kindred a lot, they're super fun. at least they were on release, now i avoid the jungle at all costs and play warwick if i MUST. or nunu.
Annie, Anivia and Zilean for life. I could top, mid and support as all of them at one point :D
Also, PENTAKILL.
In post 668, Ydrasse wrote:i... am not vibing a lot with hopkirk's posting

like, he's mad cute but his posting doesn't inspire much joy + i feel his positioning around skitter in this sort of "null town land but also maybe scum" just... doesn't seem good.
*throws Tibbers*

I need to ISO some people I think, I need to try and confirm some of my reads. TGP for one, infinity, gypx and trq. Will come on a less pain day though :)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”