Will catch up later maybe
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4375 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Will catch up later maybe »

Or maybe I just have a different perspective.

That doesn't automatically make me scum.
see username
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4376 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:04 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 4372, Will catch up later maybe wrote:Nope. Unfortunately the Almighty has declared that I must play the role of the spoiler, so answer Their call I must.
By the way, in a world in which you are town, when Spiffeh comes back mafia, and my teeth have recovered? Which is maybe in a few weeks? You can bring us apology cake. Ideally one with a light cream cheese frosting.

If you're mafia then obviously don't feel obligated to start googling recipies.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4377 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:05 pm

In post 4376, Cabd wrote:
In post 4372, Will catch up later maybe wrote:Nope. Unfortunately the Almighty has declared that I must play the role of the spoiler, so answer Their call I must.
By the way, in a world in which you are town, when Spiffeh comes back mafia, and my teeth have recovered? Which is maybe in a few weeks? You can bring us apology cake. Ideally one with a light cream cheese frosting.

I'd rather you just have Penguin bake us all an "I told you so" cake if that's the case - I think everyone's happier that way.
see username
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4378 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:07 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 4377, Will catch up later maybe wrote:

I'd rather you just have Penguin bake us all an "I told you so" cake if that's the case - I think everyone's happier that way.
Fine but in that case, you make dinner. All you, Tammy gets to sit in the lounge of the dead thread because she did her job and helped me kill cakez and you sat there tut-tuting like a boring old nanny.
L4pe
L4pe
Goon
L4pe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4379 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by L4pe »

by the way my take is that one of lld/claire dies before d4

im not falling for a strategy like that again
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4380 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:10 pm

In post 4379, L4pe wrote:by the way my take is that one of lld/claire dies before d4

who is claire
see username
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4381 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm

In post 4378, Cabd wrote:
In post 4377, Will catch up later maybe wrote:

Fine but in that case, you make dinner. All you, Tammy gets to sit in the lounge of the dead thread because she did her job and helped me kill cakez and you sat there tut-tuting like a boring old nanny.
Fair deal there.

If Spiffeh flips town though, I don't need you to bake me a cake or dinner or apologize or anything wacky like that.
You know me well enough to picture my "I told you so" face when he flips green and that's fulfilling enough for me.
see username
L4pe
L4pe
Goon
L4pe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4382 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by L4pe »

In post 4380, Will catch up later maybe wrote:
In post 4379, L4pe wrote:by the way my take is that one of lld/claire dies before d4

who is claire
mariar
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4383 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Post by Cabd »

Claire is MariaR, as has been clarified several times now.

p-edit: Deal because anything more is like out of game bets and we don't do those. My smuggest smugface is ready.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4384 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:20 pm

Post by Cabd »

So nacho, setting aside Noraa and Spiffeh...

Cakez/Noraa/ three more. Where do you want them?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4385 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Post by Cabd »

Guilt got your tongue?
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4386 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:27 pm

In post 4385, Cabd wrote:Guilt got your tongue?
man these schoolyard tactics wouldn't work on your daughter, don't go deluding yourself into thinking that they will work on me.
i'm dismantling Cobra's wall on Guillotina, I'll get back to you in just a moment
see username
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4387 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:28 pm

Post by Cabd »

Nobody fucking cares about your spiffeh read, go elsewhere, somewhere that matters.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4388 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:29 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Seeing as how it's currently Spiffeh v Noraa, I'm fine with this.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4389 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:33 pm

In post 4387, Cabd wrote:Nobody fucking cares about your spiffeh read, go elsewhere, somewhere that matters.
If you disagree with the direction that a leader is taking a direction, then you confront the leader.
None of it is meant as a personal attack - I disagree with the lynch you're pressing for, and you're the most influential player currently. I don't have a lot of time to make an impact, thus my posting is pretty much geared to chip away at your lynch.
see username
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4390 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by Cabd »

Okay but like... I got my cakez thing and I am more than happy to trade getting spiffeh today for leashing spiffeh and killing noraa today if it means that there's a chance that a potential town you will start doping something actually useful.

This mood is subject to change every four hours between doses.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4391 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:40 pm

I'm going to respond to Cobra and Cabd separately. I'm going to respond longform and then I'm going to summarize the thrust of their arguments and the thrust of my rebuttal. I haven't yet read Cabd's argument so I might be less FIRE AND BRIMSTONE I'm posturing for right now but I'll try not to disappoint. I'm sure that no one gives a shit about either wall - I'm just putting the effort in for all of those little boys and girls to show them that their opinions are valid too and that I'm here to fight against He Who Has Become What He Used to Hate.

Spoiler: Call and Answer
In post 2783, Cobra Kai wrote:
Guillotina
- I think this person has to be scum. They’re a lurker, yes, but majority of their content is Cakez focused. Like, 80%. There’s some alt mindgaming with fferyllt, and then a bunch of defense of cakez, placating the wagon. And then they end up voting Cakez, the person most of their ISO is defending. It screams last minute bus vote in conjunction with my townreads on the Noraa wagon.
This is an unfair reading of the Guillotina ISO as a whole, and even if it wasn't, it wouldn't be as damning as it paints. For one, Cakez was the flavor of the day - most of the posting was posting about LYNCH CAKEZ EAT CAKE - why would you expect someone with limited time not to address that? Secondly, Guilotina vows that they will NEVER vote Cakez for the entirety of the day then ends up changing their mind two posts later - this seems more likely to be "town that isn't paying attention to their image" as opposed to "scum who forgot they made the promise" or "scum OK with breaking said promise" - but maybe that's just an old school state of mind.
Guillotina questioning the power of friendship vote. Didn’t acknowledge any of the other four votes, but singled out the hot hydra. I’m wondering how much these two interact over the day (Guillotina and Cakez).
I don't think that this is unreasonable to ask Flames to elaborate on the "you know why" vote and I don't think that he needs to comment on the other 4 votes for it to be legitimate. I think that this "I wonder how much they interact over the day" shows that you were biased from the jump to tie the two together.
Guillotina asking Cakez opinion on the wagon members.
Guillotina was following up with MWNN's line of questioning which was "why are you trying to make nice instead of pushing back against the people townreading you"?
But this is again a bit of a sketchy interpretation - might want to take those black glasses off.
Guillotina has spent a lot of time interacting with fferyllt after that questioning of the Cakez vote.
Two posts? A lot of time? Really?
Throwaway empty promise soft defending cakez. So far all they’ve talked about is trying to message fferyllt who they are and Cakez.
So far they had spent about an hour playing that game. In that hour, they didn't defend Cakez at all - the post you linked here is the first time they express an opinion or defend him. They asked Ffery one question and then there were like three posts that naturally came out of a conversation. You're losing the overall thread here.
More awkward Cakez defense from Guillotina. Cakez is living rent-free in their mind, apparently. It’s also interesting Cakez hasn’t brought them up in the lurker-mass pool. I think they make sense for scum outside of Cakez listed pools.
I think it's pretty reasonable for someone to miss why Cakez was getting voted at that point in time. In fact I think that most people didn't understand why Cakez was getting the votes he was at that point in time. Your work in making Guillotina's two posts disagreeing with Cakez lynch into "living rent free in their mind" makes it seem like you're a majority shareholder in Stretch Armstrong, INC because I don't think a reasonable person reads Guillotina's posts the way you do.
Guillotina is criminally under-analyzed. A weak vote on Noraa, while simultaneously attempting to placate both sides of the cakez issue. It’s weird positioning between them and Noraa/Cakez.
This is again a misinterpretation of Guillotina's post. Guillotina is voting Noraa because of Noraa ignoring Bell's point in #1394. This is a silly point, but it most definitely isn't doing whatever the fuck you're accusing him of here.
I really don’t get the fixation from Guillotina on Cakez.
You don't understand why someone would direct most of their posting to sorting the main wagon of the day?
Man I can't either!
This is a really weird vote from Guillotina on Cakez. They’ve literally been defending Cakez the entire game.
No they literally haven't.

So, let's review:

Guillotina made 17 posts before they replaced out. In three of those posts: 1255, 1357, 1398, Guillotina defended Cakez. This is not unreasonable; it makes sense for someone unfamiliar in the game to be squicked out by the way that Cakez was getting pushed in this day because there weren't a lot of reasons forthcoming. A lot of Cobra Kai's argument stretching Guillotina asking Fermis about a Cakez vote as defending it (it wasn't) or misinterprets Guillotina prodding Cakez as defense or even calls a vote on Noraa for her attack on Bell as attacking Cakez just because his name was brought up.

This is not a case that justifies putting off confirmed scum. This is not a case that justifies lynching a claimed one-shot vig (yes, it's possible that Spiffeh is a mafia vig those paths are insanely more convoluted than Spiffeh being a town vig). This is not a case that justifies burying my beautiful former Paragon because the potential upswing for leaving him alive for a day is much better than the potential information we gain from lynching him before Noraa.
see username
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4392 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Cabd »

Like nacho mang I don't actually care which scum dies first. Mood-swing me does but in the end they're both scum.

What sort of pool are you envisioning you want spiffeh shooting within?
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4393 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Cabd »

You literally don't need to waste your time rebutting my wall.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4394 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by Cabd »

Because I sure as hell am not gonna read your rebuttal of my wall.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4395 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:43 pm

Post by unwnd »

If I may add my two cents.

I took a half-nap and thought about a few things. I also disagree with the direction and I'm starting to feel cognitive dissonance. Honestly, at some point around D2 people saw Cobra's wall and immediately thought it was town. This is not me declaring I want Cobra dead, rather I recalled something in the back of my mind: You're all supposed to be competent players. Not sure who said this or why but I've been reading this game with hesitation because everyone adding the equivalent of sticky-notes to the thread. Lot of posts don't really go in-depth on most things and I find it very very strange if again, I am assuming the players here are competent that someone can hash out one wall and then instantaneously by townlocked. Cabd's effort to me is far more different than the others wanting to claim all the same. Even if the event that Spiffeh manages to be the correct lynch, I think it's an absolute disserive to not comb through other aspects of the game and it's players.

The problem is that this game turned into the posting gauntlet, and it's been a chore to really think about things in deeper context. To me, that's the most fun aspect of the game. I love being jovial and shitting it up as well but I think that's a pretty easy avenue for scum to partake in. I haven't really found myself seeing hard questions being asked, or even thought about them all the same. The game is just sorta how it is. Maria/LLD claimed pretty much innocent to each other in some form and nobody batted an eye. Dunn claimed his role outright and I don't remember Dunn ever being any form of clear. This is to not put my nose up and pretend I am better, no, I just think everyone can be better. I definitely have fallen victim to the style of this game but it's draining on me and quite telling when I find myself F5'ing and needing Advil to alleviate the headaches. I really think if we keep at this pace we're going to burn out, and then the people who are left over are gonna have a really fucking hard time solving the game. I don't know where it was decided that we're so close to victory on one scum lynch, especially when I don't feel Cakez put up much of a resistance in the first place.

Where does competence and arrogance meet? We have a confirmed guilty and we're straddling ourselves to an unknown variable and not even giving them the time to catch up. All signs to me point to confirm what we have in front of us instead of merely assuming we're right because being right gives us an adrenaline rush.
Stop
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4396 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:44 pm

In post 4390, Cabd wrote:Okay but like... I got my cakez thing and I am more than happy to trade getting spiffeh today for leashing spiffeh and killing noraa today if it means that there's a chance that a potential town you will start doping something actually useful.

This mood is subject to change every four hours between doses.
If we reach a gamestate where Spiffeh isn't in immediate danger than I would love to start talking about non-Spiffeh things.
I'd like to talk about non-Spiffeh things very much but we're also one vote away from potentially making a pretty significant boo boo and I don't think people realize it.
see username
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4397 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:46 pm

In post 4392, Cabd wrote:Like nacho mang I don't actually care which scum dies first. Mood-swing me does but in the end they're both scum.

What sort of pool are you envisioning you want spiffeh shooting within?
At the end of 110 pages it was MWNN-MariaR-ReaganBush.
From what I've read today I'm backing into MWNN and I still think Maria is scum but I don't hate Bush as much as I hated Reagan.
see username
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4398 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:47 pm

And I know that I need to process some Maria role stuff but I don't know wtf is going on there.
see username
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4399 (ISO) » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:47 pm

Although if Maria is town then it's probably an easy swap to beeboy - I thought that him-Maria interactions earlier on were a fairly loud NOT PARTNER signal (Muffin pointed this out and I stole it for myself) but there's not really anything beyond that point.
see username

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”