TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:50 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 702, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 688, Infinity 324 wrote:Why is gypyx town?
+1

@TGP
what a good question? gypyx, in short, is town because his posts go against the grain, in a way that makes him stick out as attempting to actively look at the game and understand it. here's a quote from RC that i think fits this:
In post 0, RadiantCowbells wrote:3) People who have really out there reads, stick out too much, don't agree with the generally established townblock, and want to do their own thing which people don't largely disagree with get lynched incredibly consistently. They also incredibly consistently flip town.
because i feel like gypyx is doing a lot of this atm.
In post 27, Gypyx wrote:Hello y'all i'm a jester

VOTE: Gloria i just realized your name wasn't "gloria clearly"
let's start with the opening post, which is often a way to get a lot more information than you'd think about a player's alignment. the jester claim is nai for a player who's playstyle and persona is more casual and shitposty, like gypyx, but this vote is good; in general, this post doesn't look overthought like a scum post would.
In post 31, Gypyx wrote:
In post 30, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 28, Gypyx wrote:i think
do you think it is important how long it was from game going up to game start? do you think it is important that there were immediately four confirms?
i think it doesn't matter, what about you?
again we see both interaction in the form of responding to questions as well as actual takes. admittedly this isn't like a townspew post, but it's part of a pattern of posts by gypyx that just make me see him as town.
In post 36, Gypyx wrote:maybe like the groupscum got to make choices before other peoples received their role PM's? PM's took quite some time to be sent too from what i recall
if gypyx was scum, and this was true, he would never make this post. this seems like town speculation rather than scum speculation to me.
In post 87, Gypyx wrote:Hey i thought about something, maybe we'll have a dance mechanic? It would fit with the theme / kinda with the fact that we're starting with 2 exes (like peoples pick a partner, they become neighbour + lover)

Pedit : wear
again - genuine mechanical play from gypyx that doesn't look at all like either scum trying to get towncred from knowing about this or scum trying to mislead the town into this. it looks like he is actually working on trying to figure out the mechanics of this game from an uninformed perspective.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:52 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 696, Hopkirk wrote:@Pooky- is there any reason to think the princess isn't just evil.
I would be tremendously sad if Hectic made the princess evil.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:53 am

In post 693, Isis wrote:I will dayvig Pooky the next time he says this game's plot is not about a wedding between me and Morning Tweet (who so far seems like a town bride but if it turns out she's scum there will still be a wedding it will just be even more forbidden)
This is not very nice :(
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:53 am

In post 725, TheGoldenParadox wrote:what a good question!
ebwop
In post 411, Gypyx wrote:
In post 400, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:"Like imo it's the opposite, if scum did pregame choices, it's more likely that jessie is scum"

What does this quote mean Gypyx?
Basically, i found that scum tends to try to say stuff that they know is true when they can, so if scum did in fact made choices pregame, i lean strongly towards scum!jessie
using mechanical speculation and locking himself to some extent into a scumread on jessie if his mechanical speculation is correct. gypyx is never scum with jessie here.
In post 425, Gypyx wrote:
In post 415, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 411, Gypyx wrote:Basically, i found that scum tends to try to say stuff that they know is true when they can, so if scum did in fact made choices pregame, i lean strongly towards scum!jessie
why would scum say something they know that the town doesn't know?
Idk it's just a pattern that i've noticed, like i guess it could be that they want to be "the guy who was right" or smthing

And generally, you notice more easily the stuff that's wrong when it's linked to information you know
and finally, i really like this from gypyx, because unless he's been working this entire time to drop key pieces of scum information in a WIFOM play, if his mechanical speculation is correct, it calls HIMSELF out.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:58 am

i think gloria is town as well, because she looks like she is making a concerted effort to ask questions, not get locked into town reads, not be pocketed, and generally look at the game from as neutral of a standpoint she can.

scumleaning on trq, because their content is largely setup speculation based off of no information rather than reads. they have 47 posts, and look to be engaging with other players, but refuse to read them which i feel points to scum except in specific situations, specific situations not being day 1 of a silent star game.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:59 am

In post 728, TheGoldenParadox wrote:and finally, i really like this from gypyx, because unless he's been working this entire time to drop key pieces of scum information in a WIFOM play, if his mechanical speculation is correct, it calls HIMSELF out.
Yes,

this is why I am scum-leaning him as un-selfaware scum.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:01 am

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 729, TheGoldenParadox wrote:specific situations not being day 1 of a silent star game
glad we have an expert on silent star games (this post mostly for isis)
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:03 am

In post 731, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 729, TheGoldenParadox wrote:specific situations not being day 1 of a silent star game
glad we have an expert on silent star games (this post mostly for isis)
obviously i'm not an expert on silent star games and i haven't played one, but ONLY setup speccing on d1 with literally no information on a game that is known to be complex and have twists and turns without a single read on a player in the game is terrible.
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:06 am

In post 732, TheGoldenParadox wrote:obviously i'm not an expert on silent star games and i haven't played one, but ONLY setup speccing on d1 with literally no information on a game that is known to be complex and have twists and turns without a single read on a player in the game is terrible.
i played in both of the first two. do for my posts what you did for gypyx. do you think i just randomly asked gypyx about the setup on page two? because i didn't. does the rest of my engagement feel random? or irrelevant?
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:10 am

In post 712, team rocket queen wrote:isn't this:
In post 413, Gypyx wrote:
Why think about recruiting specifically?

just like a super towny post? would rather here more about why gypyx isn't town from pooky
oh okay, i missed this, actually. i still think it's unfortunate that you don't have reads on most players in the game but i like this post so i'm putting you at null for right now. i really need reads from you though because you have 47 posts and 1 read on my count.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:11 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

felt like it was trying to convince me, meaning TGP is likely town or they and gypyx are scumbuddies, probably the former.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:12 am

In post 734, TheGoldenParadox wrote:oh okay, i missed this, actually. i still think it's unfortunate that you don't have reads on most players in the game but i like this post so i'm putting you at null for right now. i really need reads from you though because you have 47 posts and 1 read on my count.
what do you i currently think of hopkirk/skitter based on my posts?
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:12 am

In post 736, team rocket queen wrote:what do you i currently think of hopkirk/skitter based on my posts?
what do you think*
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:13 am

In post 732, TheGoldenParadox wrote:but ONLY setup speccing on d1 with literally no information on a game that is known to be complex and have twists and turns without a single read on a player in the game is terrible.
this reads very wolfy

VOTE: TGP
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:20 am

In post 615, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 611, Hopkirk wrote:You feel very nullish. What are your reads looking like Jessie?
i do feel nullish to me as well. no particularly strong reads, just some thoughts/feelings. dunnstral wants me to place a vote so i will get on this shortly.
the only person i really feel you've expressed an actual read on is gypyx from this point on?
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:29 am

In post 736, team rocket queen wrote:what do you i currently think of hopkirk/skitter based on my posts?
pooky can you answer this too. or anyone else who is around.
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:32 am

In post 740, team rocket queen wrote:pooky can you answer this too. or anyone else who is around.
please.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:34 am

I have a townlean on hopkirk because he's playing very much like how TownHopkirk played in Matrix and I don't see the incentive for him to tell me to obvtown if he's red.

Skitter is special, I think she takes a more aggressive tack here if she is red but I could be wrong? I've never played with scum!skitter.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:36 am

ah sorry i quoted the not fixed version. i'm trying to ask what you think that i think of those slots based on my posts.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:36 am

oh

i will have to read your posts again then :3
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 741, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 740, team rocket queen wrote:pooky can you answer this too. or anyone else who is around.
please.
I had to ISO you to remember, but you seem to have issues with hopkirk and I’m not sure what you think of skitter. You’re kinda talking about her like she’s towny though.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:39 am

In post 745, Infinity 324 wrote:I had to ISO you to remember, but you seem to have issues with hopkirk and I’m not sure what you think of skitter. You’re kinda talking about her like she’s towny though.
thankyou for answering.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:14 am

I dunno what you think of both of them.

it feels like you are comfortably curious.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Isis »

In post 711, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 698, Isis wrote:Jessie mostly hasn't towntold yet and has touched on a lot of topics where I'd expect her to have towntold.
curious where you think i should have towntold? i know you know i am aware of the things you've previously townread me for. was this a bait?:
In post 34, Isis wrote:Jessie, why did you claim VT right away?
In post 39, Isis wrote:I didn't see the "everyone's a VT" announcement.
was i meant to say something about you not reading the setup? am i meant to be sarcastic? was i meant to take the setup speculation to extremes?
would be a randomly selected post that might've contained townspew but doesn't, but I don't really mean anything super special, I just mean any of your posts engaging with the game. Sometimes someone posts a lot without me townreading any of it but I realize they've been on the defensive all game for justified reasons or isn't talking about things that are good for townspewing for other reasons so I give it a pass and I'm mostly just saying nothing about this game has warranted a pass.

It's definitely not tightly focused on your response about the VT claim. I didn't realize it was confirmed everyone is VT so I thought you had claimed VT in a scenario where Common Wisdom says it's suboptimal play, and I was curious about why town!Jessie does that if you're town. I didn't have very much confidence on being able to sort you off your reply. When it turned out everyone is VT it was much less intriguing and interesting
Jessie wrote:
In post 403, Isis wrote:If you get to recruit scumpartners pregame and you don't recruit Jesse you're throwing because she's excellent at scum!
do you actually believe this?
No, this is hyperbole. I think you're great at scumplay but you in no way would be the only good choice in this playerlist
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:49 am

I'm pretty sure Isis would be #1 choice to be recruited.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”