Mini Theme 2176: Jake's Grand Idea (Post Game)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I mean N1 into D2.

There’s one last piece that doesn’t make sense.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nono
Nono
Goon
Nono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:33 pm

Post by Nono »

In post 1348, MathBlade wrote:
In post 557, Nono wrote:can go Doubting, don’t mind at all, think fake claim doesn’t make sense from town perspective,, and role was self claim, so it’s like self meta,, “convenient” “self manipulative” if you will,,

what is “sam 100% scum” etc what!!!!!!
This also doesn’t make sense with a town wizard. Your roles would synergize. If you were town wizard you’d have more reason to believe him not less.
grand idea roles, are random?? synergy what?!

don't claim fixed roles, don't diss the jake
Nono
Nono
Goon
Nono
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:35 pm

Post by Nono »

Didn't trust Doubting,, reasons outlined, it's w/e, it's out there
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:40 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Roles which are made by me in the Grand Idea Mafia thread are automatically in the role pool. In addition, during the pre-game all players will send me 1 to 3 pages within the Grand Idea Mafia thread. This will constitute the final roles to be picked from.
There is guaranteed to be no more than 2 anti-town factions.

^^ From the signup post.

Not random.

Still doesn’t change the fact if you didn’t trust him you still strongman him and see who he kills. If he claims blocked after being strongmanned it’s a guilty.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:37 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

In post 1343, Nono wrote:claim town wizard

targeted sam,, trusted sam so oops xD, switched after to maths after betrayal

give me time,, i'll solve the game, maybe
Who did you target night 2, then?
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:37 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

If anyone
In this world, there's two types of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
Starbuck
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Starbuck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:36 am

Post by Starbuck »

In post 1327, MathBlade wrote:Without stating your role, is it possible that another mechanism could make it seem like you were roleblocked?

I find it highly unlikely scum target you for a roleblock.
This was my thought. I didn't think sam would target Galron of all people on N1. I don't remember the claim of her targeting Galron at all. I see the claim of it happening is there, but it bothers me that it didn't stick out on my read.

However, there is the chance that DT lied about shooting as he did with the N0 result. It's all WIFOM, but there's a chance that he holstered on N1 to bluff scum and sam wasted an RB on someone who wasn't shooting. This whole business of targeting Galron could be a lie (because she flipped scum) and depending on what Galron claims, he could be in cahoots with sam.
In post 1351, Nono wrote:
In post 1348, MathBlade wrote:
In post 557, Nono wrote:can go Doubting, don’t mind at all, think fake claim doesn’t make sense from town perspective,, and role was self claim, so it’s like self meta,, “convenient” “self manipulative” if you will,,

what is “sam 100% scum” etc what!!!!!!
This also doesn’t make sense with a town wizard. Your roles would synergize. If you were town wizard you’d have more reason to believe him not less.
grand idea roles, are random?? synergy what?!

don't claim fixed roles, don't diss the jake
This Grand Idea isn't random due to the below quote which I was going to go get from the sign up post anyways.....
In post 1353, MathBlade wrote:Roles which are made by me in the Grand Idea Mafia thread are automatically in the role pool. In addition, during the pre-game all players will send me 1 to 3 pages within the Grand Idea Mafia thread. This will constitute the final roles to be picked from.
There is guaranteed to be no more than 2 anti-town factions.

^^ From the signup post.

Not random.

Still doesn’t change the fact if you didn’t trust him you still strongman him and see who he kills. If he claims blocked after being strongmanned it’s a guilty.
<3 Kise, Reck, dram, tans, & Kats <3
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:35 am

Post by Galron »

In post 10, Galron wrote:Shoot 'em up hoss. :)
I'm a vig. Not an X-shot. So when I said that I think Sam roleblocked me, I think she was telling the truth because I tried to shoot her N1. I wanted her to be the elimination D1.

N2 I took a shot at Plusjoy to test that claim, so my guess is Plus is telling the truth.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:42 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1356, Starbuck wrote:This was my thought. I didn't think sam would target Galron of all people on N1. I don't remember the claim of her targeting Galron at all. I see the claim of it happening is there, but it bothers me that it didn't stick out on my read.

However, there is the chance that DT lied about shooting as he did with the N0 result. It's all WIFOM, but there's a chance that he holstered on N1 to bluff scum and sam wasted an RB on someone who wasn't shooting. This whole business of targeting Galron could be a lie (because she flipped scum) and depending on what Galron claims, he could be in cahoots with sam.
If this were true, that would mean I would have been bussing the hell out of Sam both Day 1 and Day 2. (absent the DT holstering, which I guess could have happened). I guess I need to re-read that sequence again because that whole N1 kill puzzled me, and we never got an answer from Jake about the alien thing did we?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:44 am

Post by Galron »

Where is your role in the grand idea thread? What exactly does wizard do?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1358, Galron wrote:
In post 1356, Starbuck wrote:This was my thought. I didn't think sam would target Galron of all people on N1. I don't remember the claim of her targeting Galron at all. I see the claim of it happening is there, but it bothers me that it didn't stick out on my read.

If this were true, that would mean I would have been bussing the hell out of Sam both Day 1 and Day 2. (absent the DT holstering, which I guess could have happened). I guess I need to re-read that sequence again because that whole N1 kill puzzled me, and we never got an answer from Jake about the alien thing did we?
In post 1357, Galron wrote:
In post 10, Galron wrote:Shoot 'em up hoss. :)
I'm a vig. Not an X-shot. So when I said that I think Sam roleblocked me, I think she was telling the truth because I tried to shoot her N1. I wanted her to be the elimination D1.

N2 I took a shot at Plusjoy to test that claim, so my guess is Plus is telling the truth.
In post 1354, ManWithNoName wrote:

Who did you target night 2, then?
Man with no name? Your claim?

VOTE: Unvote
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1359, Galron wrote:

Where is your role in the grand idea thread? What exactly does wizard do?
It makes anyone who does kills strongman.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 580, Galron wrote:I don't scum read doubting thomas. The whole N0 thing is a non-starter imo
Galron why did you not scumread DT if you’re a town vig?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

No. What Starbuck said could be true without you having to be bussing Sam.

And let’s not go into the whole “let’s assume DT lied”. I think there’s a simple answer for this.

Just it sucks. I kinda wanna see Man with no name’s claim to be sure.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:07 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

I'm a Town naive cop, so, I'm fucking useless. I get town on every investigate.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:07 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1362, MathBlade wrote:
In post 580, Galron wrote:I don't scum read doubting thomas. The whole N0 thing is a non-starter imo
Galron why did you not scumread DT if you’re a town vig?
The last one of these I played in, there was a double role, or at least they were allowed or something. And as I was looking through the pages I saw vig listed a couple of times along with several variations, so I didn't think a whole lot about it. Yeah, this is a different game, but same concept.
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:08 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

Basically, I figured I'm vanilla town from the actual use of my role.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1363, MathBlade wrote:

No. What Starbuck said could be true without you having to be bussing Sam.

And let’s not go into the whole “let’s assume DT lied”. I think there’s a simple answer for this.

Just it sucks. I kinda wanna see Man with no name’s claim to be sure.
I was responding more to the suggestion of me being in cahoots with Sam.
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:10 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

Wait, so, would Galron have then caused the death of ABR and Tayl0r?
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:11 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

Or whoever replaced Tayl0r.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:11 am

Post by Galron »

In post 1368, ManWithNoName wrote:Wait, so, would Galron have then caused the death of ABR and Tayl0r?
By shooting at Plus?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Galron »

I didn't even think of that. You may be right.
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:12 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

In post 1370, Galron wrote:
In post 1368, ManWithNoName wrote:Wait, so, would Galron have then caused the death of ABR and Tayl0r?
By shooting at Plus?
Yeah, because Plus was lovers with Albert and Swift slot was lovers with Albert as well...

Basically, I'm confused how that would resolve with lovers and a bulletproof claim.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Galron »

But TL said that he triggered, so what random townie did he kill?
ManWithNoName
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
ManWithNoName
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:13 am

Post by ManWithNoName »

Effectively bulletproof, elimproof, etc.

I'm hitting submit too fast.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”