farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 am

Post by farside22 »

PimHel wrote:That's indeed WIFOM, the same could be said about farside, because she helped him with his question.
Agreed on both. I'm still feel wary of Tomb because he acted like yesterday claiming his character role would get him killed and although I have guessed well with BM his character role tells me next to nothing about him. I have a thought, but it's very vague. Also I still don't like the Star character role that OP claimed. I'm betting that Slacker is vanilla townie. I will look at some votes from everyone sometime before I go on vaction:
By the way V/LA Aug 30 - Sept 1st
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:38 am

Post by icemanE »

Good point, Pim.

At this stage, I'm considering farside, OP, and Pim as scum, if there are three. After all, OP and farside did cook up the scheme.

Pim I'm sure of, the other two, not as sure of, but certainly wary of.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

Mod: Can you prod those who are MIA at the moment.
Also will be on V/LA from 08/30 - 09/01
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:44 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

prodded orangepenguin. Holding off on cerebus since he just posted sunday. Ashmite still has not picked up his prod- I am looking for a replacement for him. Thank you for your concern- I burned my hand(more specifically my fingertips) very badly at work last week and am still in a decent amount of pain.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Ah, sorry. I didn't even realize it's been 5 days, :( I hate how summer flies by quick.

Prod received.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:12 am

Post by babygirl86 »

This house seems to be full of magic! people seem to keep disappearing and appearing! Right before your eyes ashmite84 turns magicly into Sotty7. This is effective as soon as sotty7 posts
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:29 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Okay, I'm here and catching up
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Now we have all the claims from that group of four, what do we all think? Each of them has the potential to be scum to me so I really don't think these character claims have helped us much at all. Plus it is hard with so many no lynches to really get a feel of where players stand. I understand the mechanics and all, but it's still frustrating.

OP was quite high on my list, in fact he was second only to ice, (I will get to this in another post but my opinions could change depending on the responses I get) But his plan to try and clear half the town did seem like a pro town stance.... To start with Well that was until he said this.
orangepenguin wrote:I was thinking of asking babygirl - Did a member of the mafia choose rock? If she answered yes, then it would clear the people who chose feather. If no, it would clear the rock people.
This doesn't work. If the mod said yes, then the people who chose feather would not be cleared because we have no idea how many scum there are and they could very easily be in both groups. Also:
orangepenguin wrote:Alright. I assigned Khelv and ash.

Rock:
farside22
cerebus3
Khelvaster

Feather:
icemanE
Tombolo
ashmite84
Anyone notice something? Someone is missing...... OP is in neither group. So if no one had picked up on OP's flawed logic then he would be “cleared” in both situations. I really really don't like that at all. Of course he never actually went though with all this but coupled with my bad feeling about him during my read though this all just screams out to me. It's true that in the end he didn't go with this plan, but he was trying to present it to the town under the guise of seeming pro-town, when I think he had a much more sinister rationale behind it.

Of course he could have just ignored the town and asked his question trying to clear himself, or he could have lied about the answer the mod gave him. Or he just could be lying full stop about the question. I mean, the other times people won the riddle they only had one prize didn't they? We basically right now just have to trust him, and I really don't trust him at this point in time.

Before I go into my thoughts on all the players in the game I would like people to comment on OP's plan. In particular the flawed logic and the way he left himself out of both groups. I understand why feelings of distrust could be easily spun either way and right now that's just my opinion. But to me, he tried to use flawed logic to clear himself so my trust in what he says is weak at best.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:20 am

Post by icemanE »

Well I certainly missed that the first time through... gotta reread OP now, thanks.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:33 am

Post by icemanE »

OP wrote: Well, based on what nhat just provided, vote: no lynch.

I'm not scum though. I realize that we shouldn't keep no lynching, and I even supported the policy, but, seeing as nhat claimed mason and I'm THE STAR!, we should have another no lynch, just so we don't mislynch.
Could you explain how being the star means you aren't scum? I breezed past this the first time, I guess. So far, it seems like flavors don't correlate to roles or alignment, so I don't see how being the star means anything.
OP wrote: Also, as part of his prize, Battle Mage hand picked the two on the chopping block. So IF BM was scum, he'd obviously pick two townies, one of which just happened to be mason, the other just vanilla townie. Especially after the no vote rule was proposed.

FoS: BattleMage
With the info now that BM was watcher, this quote jumps out as quite interesting.
OP wrote: Well, it's usually the reality villians who are the recognizable ones. But I think, in this threads case, someone was already assigned the villian/house bitch, which I would assume would be scum.
Where did you get that info?

Gotta say, I'm still shocked Khel hasn't been lynched based on his claim, but if OP is a more viable option, I'm fine with that. He looks a lot more suspicious in retrospect than I thought all game, and he was actually pretty inactive for a great portion of the game... pages went by without him saying a thing.

unvote - vote: OP
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:13 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Sotty7 wrote:Now we have all the claims from that group of four, what do we all think? Each of them has the potential to be scum to me so I really don't think these character claims have helped us much at all. Plus it is hard with so many no lynches to really get a feel of where players stand. I understand the mechanics and all, but it's still frustrating.

OP was quite high on my list, in fact he was second only to ice, (I will get to this in another post but my opinions could change depending on the responses I get) But his plan to try and clear half the town did seem like a pro town stance.... To start with Well that was until he said this.
orangepenguin wrote:I was thinking of asking babygirl - Did a member of the mafia choose rock? If she answered yes, then it would clear the people who chose feather. If no, it would clear the rock people.
This doesn't work. If the mod said yes, then the people who chose feather would not be cleared because we have no idea how many scum there are and they could very easily be in both groups. Also:

Rock:
farside22
cerebus3
Khelvaster

Feather:
icemanE
Tombolo
ashmite84
Anyone notice something? Someone is missing...... OP is in neither group. So if no one had picked up on OP's flawed logic then he would be “cleared” in both situations. I really really don't like that at all. Of course he never actually went though with all this but coupled with my bad feeling about him during my read though this all just screams out to me. It's true that in the end he didn't go with this plan, but he was trying to present it to the town under the guise of seeming pro-town, when I think he had a much more sinister rationale behind it.

Of course he could have just ignored the town and asked his question trying to clear himself, or he could have lied about the answer the mod gave him. Or he just could be lying full stop about the question. I mean, the other times people won the riddle they only had one prize didn't they? We basically right now just have to trust him, and I really don't trust him at this point in time.

Before I go into my thoughts on all the players in the game I would like people to comment on OP's plan. In particular the flawed logic and the way he left himself out of both groups. I understand why feelings of distrust could be easily spun either way and right now that's just my opinion. But to me, he tried to use flawed logic to clear himself so my trust in what he says is weak at best.
If you remember, I asked before the current day, with Battle Mage still in it, making it a total of 8 players. He was killed, making it 7, so I guess I just made it even. That question would've worked good only with an even amount. The question was never a good one, and I didn't like it, so I asked for the other player's input. farside22 came up with a good question that
did
include me, so I settled for that one after nobody else said anything.

Will respond to ice's quote chunk in a sec.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:21 am

Post by orangepenguin »

icemanE wrote:
OP wrote: Well, based on what nhat just provided, vote: no lynch.

I'm not scum though. I realize that we shouldn't keep no lynching, and I even supported the policy, but, seeing as nhat claimed mason and I'm THE STAR!, we should have another no lynch, just so we don't mislynch.
Could you explain how being the star means you aren't scum? I breezed past this the first time, I guess. So far, it seems like flavors don't correlate to roles or alignment, so I don't see how being the star means anything.

My exact flavor says simply "star of the town". That is it. It doesn't really elaborate beyond that, besides saying I am a vanilla and have no special powers. Anything beyond that is my own personal speculation what "star" means. Reading my quote above is showing me how poor I introduced my flavor. I probably just assumed people would know me being star = VT. So, sorry, if that confused anyone.

OP wrote: Also, as part of his prize, Battle Mage hand picked the two on the chopping block. So IF BM was scum, he'd obviously pick two townies, one of which just happened to be mason, the other just vanilla townie. Especially after the no vote rule was proposed.

FoS: BattleMage
With the info now that BM was watcher, this quote jumps out as quite interesting.

It was a bit OMGUS FOS more than anything. I did think BM was supicious, pretty much cause I know my own role. But the problem with my logic was, at that point, I wasn't cleared. I still am not cleared, so looking back, Battle Mage probably honestly thought I was scum, or at least suspicious, plus, I don't think nhat claimed mason yet, so he just put the two people he thought were the most suspicious. Unfortunately, I was that person.

OP wrote: Well, it's usually the reality villians who are the recognizable ones. But I think, in this threads case, someone was already assigned the villian/house bitch, which I would assume would be scum.
Where did you get that info?

It's not info, it's just speculation.

Gotta say, I'm still shocked Khel hasn't been lynched based on his claim, but if OP is a more viable option, I'm fine with that. He looks a lot more suspicious in retrospect than I thought all game, and he was actually pretty inactive for a great portion of the game... pages went by without him saying a thing.

unvote - vote: OP
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:21 am

Post by orangepenguin »

Oh, and all the bolding, except the bold, is mine, in the last post.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:22 am

Post by orangepenguin »

orangepenguin wrote:Oh, and all the bolding,
except the bold
, is mine, in the last post.
*sigh* That should be
except the vote (at the bottom)
. :roll:

Remind me to use preview.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:26 am

Post by farside22 »

Where is Tomb?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:33 am

Post by orangepenguin »

I think the better question is where is
cerebus
? He hasn't posted since Sunday (Tombolo hasn't posted since Wed).

Mod, can you
prod cerebus
?
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:46 am

Post by babygirl86 »

done. Also in leu of the many absenses occuring during this game, I have added another rule. Please make note of it.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:28 am

Post by Sotty7 »

orangepenguin wrote:If you remember, I asked before the current day, with Battle Mage still in it, making it a total of 8 players. He was killed, making it 7, so I guess I just made it even. That question would've worked good only with an even amount. The question was never a good one, and I didn't like it, so I asked for the other player's input. farside22 came up with a good question that
did
include me, so I settled for that one after nobody else said anything.
What does having even groups have anything to do with the question? Oh wait, nothing! So you are admitting to deliberately leaving yourself off and not telling the town that was your plan?

Vote: OP
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:37 am

Post by PimHel »

Here has Sotty a point. First I thought you had some good explanations against Sotty's attacks. However, you could have done the rock-feathers thing with seven players. There would have beena possibility that one out of four players would definitly be scum. Just like now.
I want to know why you changed your idea.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

bump
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:19 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I had the option of using my prizes at any time. I didn't even have to use them. This could get really WIFOM, but I think the best move for scum was not to use either prizes, because the prizes only help the town, not the scum. I think voting for a flawed suggestion for my prize. If I told the town my plan, I would've also told the scum my plan. If you were reading, I told everyone after they chose. The groups only narrowed it down. My plan didn't narrow it down and neither did farside's. There is probably more than one scum out there, and I believe I asked if scum were ever up for head-to-head elimination. Now, assuming there is more than one, that could also make it possible for scum NOT to be up for head-to-head. My question only narrowed it down so we know that at least ONE scum has been up for head-to-head elimination. Even if I excluded myself, it would've let us know whether or not there was a scum in the rock group, or the feather group. I only was excluding myself because really, would it make a difference if I was included? Without the prize, we wouldn't have the information for who one of the scum were. The rock/feather scenario actually would've been better. 6 people - 3 either are cleared, or 3 are under watch. I am not cleared either, so I would still be under watch. 4 people. The same outcome. So I don't really see the big deal in my exclusion. Being excluded from the question wouldn't clear me at all. As the question asker, you have to trust that I am telling the truth for my prize and what I even ask. I said Yes, the people (that group including me) that were up for head-to-head elimination has a scum member in it. Wouldn't the clever scum move be to lie and say No, a scum has never been up for head-to-head elimination? Like I said, this could get really WIFOM.

I just don't understand how the excluding me from a question that I didn't even use is being used as a valid argument. I think we should use the answer, and look at the people (yes, including me) and present some actual cases.
PimHel
PimHel
Goon
PimHel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:53 am

Post by PimHel »

That's the problem. We haven't had actual cases during the lynch possibilities. One of the four is silent (cerebus where are you?) and Iceman wants me lynched due to the 'claim'. That leaves two ppl out for now.

The only thing we have are the character claims of which Tomobolo's seems the least pro-town. But that's my opinion. Many hasn't stated their opinion about these claims.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:16 am

Post by farside22 »

For obvious reason's the votes on OP make me nervous. 2 votes with people missing. Very questionable.
I did help OP I don't know if he is telling the truth about the answer he got, but the fact that everyone is on the chopping block instead of 2 people makes me feel a bit more favorable towards OP.
Still can't shake my suspicion of Iceman. Want to hear from Tomb for his role more.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Sotty7 »

orangepenguin wrote:I just don't understand how the excluding me from a question that I didn't even use is being used as a valid argument. I think we should use the answer, and look at the people (yes, including me) and present some actual cases.
Okay, let me explain.

Reading though the thread I found you very scummy. You disappeared for long periods of time, seemed to skirt on the edge of discussion and seemed to follow. Then I got to your question. Initially I felt that this was an extremely pro-town thing to do, but as I read and your actions became clear it was just the final straw that broke the camels back.

Rock:
farside22
cerebus3
Khelvaster

Feather:
icemanE
Tombolo
ashmite84
First off, you leave yourself out of both groups. I thought this might have just been a little oversight on your part but you have since admitted you did this on purpose to make the groups even. For this question there is no need for the groups to be even, it serves absolutely no purpose and does not reflect on the answer you'll be given either way. So with that in mind, I have to look at why you would want to leave yourself off.
This is the sticking point. In your last post you just speculated that there is more than one scum, I would lean towards agreeing with you there. So how can you honestly speculate that feather could be cleared in your first example? The scum could very easily be in
both
groups. The only time anyone would be cleared was if the mod answered no to the question “did scum pick rock.”

Add on to this that you aren't in any group. So lets talk a walk into a land I like to call “whatcouldhavebeen” and see what probably would have happened if you did ask this question “ Did a member of the mafia choose rock” Lets say the mod said yes. So you would just quote the Rock group...
orangepenguin wrote:

Rock:
farside22
cerebus3
Khelvaster
And everyone would focus on these players. Or lets say no one picks up on your flawed logic and the mod says no. You would then quote the feather group...
orangepenguin wrote:
Feather:
icemanE
Tombolo
ashmite84
And all focus would be here. The BIG problem is that no matter the answer you OP would have been under zero pressure regardless. Either way, you would be able to present yourself as cleared, which is not right at all. Do you still not see why this makes you look very scummy?

OK sure you didn't use this plan but my big issue with it is that you tried to present to the town in the effort to look pro town. The minute someone shot it down you just threw it out of the window, perhaps because you knew how flawed it was. The fact is that this initial plan helps you more than it helps the town. Now you are trying to use this “prize” as a tool to make yourself look like you are on the town's side when you haven't been acting like that all game.
PimHel wrote:The only thing we have are the character claims of which Tomobolo's seems the least pro-town. But that's my opinion. Many hasn't stated their opinion about these claims.
All the claims could be twisted either way I think. “Badass” does sound the worse if we go right of face value. I agree with Farside that OP's “Star” also sounds pretty bad. I think lynching based solely off these claims is a bad idea. We need to be looking at peoples actions.

I also think we're gonna need some mass prodding here
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

cerebus still has not picked up his prod. I'm giving him until thursday and then I will seek replacement. Also posting lately has been a little on the slow side- not sure yet if it was because of the holiday. I am considering a deadline if posting does not pick up.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”