Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:31 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

Vote Count 1.3With 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Rannygazoo
(4): Titus, NoPowerOverMe, Alchemist21, superbowl9 |
L-3

Titus
(2): Battle Mage, Non lmh
superbowl9
(2): Rannygazoo, Andresvmb
benhalkum
(1): OutWorldER

Not Voting
(4): wiyvern, Flavor Leaf, hessian, benhalkum

Deadline:
(expired on 2020-12-03 17:23:44).

Mod notes:
If you would like a 4 day extension due to Thanksgiving please let me know. I am using Thesp's automated votecounter - please notify me if there are any errors.
hessian is V/LA until Sunday.
Last edited by TheGoldenParadox on Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:15 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 143, Non lmh wrote:
In post 98, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 92, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I think Titus is town. But I am rarely listened to day 1.
I agree. The strongest impression I get out of these starting pages is that Titus is Town.
what other impressions did you get
That Battle Mage is a technical player focused on theory. That’s not a read on their alignment, but it’s good to understand the personality of someone you’re trying to read.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:21 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 146, superbowl9 wrote:Nah i legitimately just forgot, i still don’t even really remember it to be completely honest, last two games with titus she was a weird 3P half-town thing and we teamed up and iirc she was town in some other game? Idk I don’t keep track of games that hard because i don’t value meta that much
1st hand meta from several games’ experience is actually pretty useful and it’s why I’m seeing Titus as Town here.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:21 am

Post by Battle Mage »

In post 151, Alchemist21 wrote:
In post 92, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I think Titus is town. But I am rarely listened to day 1.
I agree. The strongest impression I get out of these starting pages is that Titus is Town.
That Battle Mage is a technical player focused on theory. That’s not a read on their alignment, but it’s good to understand the personality of someone you’re trying to read.
I'm genuinely flattered. :eek:
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:23 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Should be working, so I might not catch up properly tonight, but I have read and I think it's NPOM.

VOTE: NoPowerOverMe

I don't think I dislike any of the wagons currently though.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

The amount of people townreading Titus would ordinarily make me think she is slightly more likely to be town, given high-profile scum tend to have a low level of heat as their partners distance from them. and it's normally fair to assume a proportion of those early game premature townreads is just scum buddying town.

However, I imagine Titus-scum would have been pretty zero-tolerance on her teammates undermining her in any way, so maybe not true here.
Show

Nightkilled - 10

NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:01 am

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Why am I scum?
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:36 am

Post by Titus »

In post 155, Battle Mage wrote:The amount of people townreading Titus would ordinarily make me think she is slightly more likely to be town, given high-profile scum tend to have a low level of heat as their partners distance from them. and it's normally fair to assume a proportion of those early game premature townreads is just scum buddying town.

However, I imagine Titus-scum would have been pretty zero-tolerance on her teammates undermining her in any way, so maybe not true here.
Let's suppose I am just any other player. Who do you think is buddying me? What standard do you use? Would it change based on if I was right or wrong on Ranny?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 151, Alchemist21 wrote:
That would explain why BM started discussing RVS theory. It says nothing about his alignment though.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:54 am

Post by OutWorldER »

UNVOTE:

I thought 59 and 87 were scummy at first but I reread and I can actually see the viewpoint now, it just took me a minute.

i have a couple places I'd want to go for votes but first:

@ranny
why are you pushing up superbowl and ignoring NPOM completely? I'd argue NPOM's posting is even more devoid of content than superbowl?

@alchemist
you stated impressions on BM and Titus, what's your impression on ranny, the guy you're currently voting?
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:22 am

Post by benhalkum »

In post 142, Non lmh wrote:yoVOTE: titusdidn't get the nk thing
It bothers me these are the only two post from them.

BM and I went into detail with Titus yesterday on the "NK thing" but a lot of the other players are town reading her. However, you simply gloss over that and just say it bothered you.

Why?

I know why it bothered BM and I. But this seems SUS as hell to me.
You can find me on MyLVTV in Las Vegas starting in December with Future Stars of Wrestling!
https://fswvegas.com

Also look for me on syndicated television with Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.
benhalkum
benhalkum
Goon
benhalkum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:35 am

Post by benhalkum »

In post 159, OutWorldER wrote:UNVOTE:

I thought 59 and 87 were scummy at first but I reread and I can actually see the viewpoint now, it just took me a minute.

@ranny
why are you pushing up superbowl and ignoring NPOM completely? I'd argue NPOM's posting is even more devoid of content than superbowl?

@alchemist
you stated impressions on BM and Titus, what's your impression on ranny, the guy you're currently voting?
Yes, but you voted for me in 10, as I believe, a random vote. (Although second or third in a random bandwagon).

So... you vote for me randomly, which is fine. But your justification for unvoting for me now, points back at much later post you believed were scummy but now aren't? All the while, you're pointing at someone else, Ranny, who currently has a bandwagon going on them.

Feels a bit off to me.
You can find me on MyLVTV in Las Vegas starting in December with Future Stars of Wrestling!
https://fswvegas.com

Also look for me on syndicated television with Championship Wrestling from Hollywood.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 157, Titus wrote:Let's suppose I am just any other player. Who do you think is buddying me? What standard do you use? Would it change based on if I was right or wrong on Ranny?
Since we’re doing hypotheticals, I’ve got one for you: you say your current play is because you’re frustrated with getting night killed with a different play style. How do you think scum!titus would be playing, that’s different from what you’re doing now?
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:37 am

Post by hessian »

Hi, just now starting to read this thread. By the way, I'll be
V/LA Wednesday - Sunday
due to Thanksgiving.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 159, OutWorldER wrote:@ranny why are you pushing up superbowl and ignoring NPOM completely? I'd argue NPOM's posting is even more devoid of content than superbowl?
Interesting that you lump those two together. For me, it’s alchemist and superbowl9 who are most similar. But alchemist is just null to me. They’re not contributing, but they’re not contributing first. Then superbowl9 sees that they can get away with a content-free playstyle and follows suit.

My last game was with NPOM, and I pushed him there, and it was a useless experience. I’m watching him, and I have my own things to look for.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:46 am

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 161, benhalkum wrote:

@ranny

@alchemist
Yes, but you voted for me in 10, as I believe, a random vote. (Although second or third in a random bandwagon).

So... you vote for me randomly, which is fine. But your justification for unvoting for me now, points back at much later post you believed were scummy but now aren't? All the while, you're pointing at someone else, Ranny, who currently has a bandwagon going on them.

Feels a bit off to me.
I voted for you in 10 to get a wagon going which was then justified by your reaction (which I standby was a bad reaction), afterwards I took a break for a bit, read back through the thread, and now we're here.

And I'm not pointing at Ranny? I want to engage him and Alch first before deciding anything.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Titus »

In post 162, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 157, Titus wrote:Let's suppose I am just any other player. Who do you think is buddying me? What standard do you use? Would it change based on if I was right or wrong on Ranny?
Since we’re doing hypotheticals, I’ve got one for you: you say your current play is because you’re frustrated with getting night killed with a different play style. How do you think scum!titus would be playing, that’s different from what you’re doing now?
Scum!Titus is more protective in her aggression, when she is agressive at all. Scum!Titus prefers to kill with kindness, since kind people, usually, get more credibility day one.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Titus »

In post 164, Rannygazoo wrote:
In post 159, OutWorldER wrote:@ranny why are you pushing up superbowl and ignoring NPOM completely? I'd argue NPOM's posting is even more devoid of content than superbowl?
Interesting that you lump those two together. For me, it’s alchemist and superbowl9 who are most similar. But alchemist is just null to me. They’re not contributing, but they’re not contributing first. Then superbowl9 sees that they can get away with a content-free playstyle and follows suit.

My last game was with NPOM, and I pushed him there, and it was a useless experience. I’m watching him, and I have my own things to look for.
This is just wrong. At a minimum, all three players expressed town reads on me which is content.

Do you have any certain reads?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

Acting more certain than I am isn’t really my style
hessian
hessian
Townie
hessian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:01 pm

Post by hessian »

It's late for me, and I've only managed to skim the thread. I imagine it'll take me some time to adjust to the frequency/ style of posting here; this is a completely different vibe than my previous game.

For now I'll VOTE: Titus. The justification that "being brash makes mafia hesitant to NK" doesn't sound correct to me at all. If anything, I imagine mafia would NK a loud player to implicate other town players.
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:04 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 169, hessian wrote:this is a completely different vibe than my previous game.
I haven’t been in many games so I’d like to hear more about this. Maybe postgame if you think it’s irrelevant
Rannygazoo
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Rannygazoo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:21 pm

Post by Rannygazoo »

In post 166, Titus wrote:Scum!Titus is more protective in her aggression, when she is agressive at all. Scum!Titus prefers to kill with kindness, since kind people, usually, get more credibility day one.
I see. It’s moot because town!titus acts differently too. I guess that means you’re neutral. :lol:

I’m still with Ben on this one. Playing hard and fast does help form wagons, but if it gets results for town, won’t you then be a target? Playing in a way to intentionally avoid night kills could just be scum trying to have an excuse for surviving at night.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:01 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

@ranny

@alchemist
It’s actually null. I voted there for a joke but I don’t see a reason to move my vote yet.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:06 pm

Post by superbowl9 »

Can yall use [post] tags when you put a post number?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:08 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

My take on Titus’ mood here is that she would have been using it to push a specific slot if she were scum, rather than entering with a general annoyance not aimed at anyone in particular as she did here.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”