DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #5425 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:49 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 5419, VP Baltar wrote:Perhaps if DGB had helped me yeet Koba over Marky, I would have seen her as obv town and the lim pool would have been a hell of a lot smaller.
For me to save Marky would have been suicidal.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5426 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5421, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 5412, DkKoba wrote:That reminds me.
The mark thing was hardly a cop guilty. It was a direct cc. scum!Mark could just have decided to trade 1 for 1 when seeing the boardstate being against them. I did slip though in my message to DGB and the revealed role of mark so theres that.

:lol:
I think it’s always optimal to lim mark there. I don’t think scum!mark is in a bad enough situation on to make that play. If he was in a really bad situation, he’d probably get liked first anyway. 1v1ing someone is never a play scum want to make except in ELo
I heavily disagree. Mostly on the "except in ELo" part.

ELo-1 is perfectly acceptable. You put your team in a position where town cannot mess up and that lets them instant win the game potentially.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5427 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:50 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 5419, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 5410, Flavor Leaf wrote:I don't think A50 was ever going down this game, tbh.
This would have been the sticking point. He was just so absent all game it would have been hard to pick out.

Perhaps if DGB had helped me yeet Koba over Marky, I would have seen her as obv town and the lim pool would have been a hell of a lot smaller.
Yeah, in hindsight, A50 is correct that logically, fading Dkk was the right move that day phase, but we made sure to make it logically make sense to go Marky.

The scum game that I won yesterday, I got the quote in my sig "Flavor is the type of person who can sell a camel its own teeth." :lol: Our day play pressure and gamestate control was our strength this game.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #5428 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Mafia kinda assed their way to a victory ngl, Mark should have never been eliminated especially when scum would never do that play outside of LyLo as I said, FL/Koba's gambit was too risky to ever be a viable play in practice especially if you have zero hints on what Town PRs are, A50 buried their ass all the way to oblivion and yet still wasn't eliminated for some reason lmfao. FL was openwolfing from the moment they suspected me of being scum forcing a 1v1 with them, also it was scummy 3p hunting with the Traitor bs. Them also dipping in and out of a loyal claim was scummy as all fuck and is probably what made me lock them as wolf buddies when Koba died.

It was a good game regardless, kinda salty my hard work died off lmfao. I also put suspicion on N_M when I saw their claim not because I SR them but because I wanted them alive more. I probably(?) read Koba as scum for the wrong reasons or whatever the term is because I mainly get my strong SRs off of gut mainly as I said and I was still suspecting FL even when they were "conftown" which is a bit telling of how well they did as scum in this game (in ways to say lackluster compared to what I expect of them ngl). I'm no god at Mafia at all I'm just saying how I see it.

Either way grats to the Mafia and punches in the face to all Town including myself. :D
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5429 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

if mark called me out while I was townreading him in the game state i would have gone down for sure and that would have been logical play. The gamestate as was, made it a true 50/50 for the uninformed I feel.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5430 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 5429, DkKoba wrote:if mark called me out while I was townreading him in the game state i would have gone down for sure and that would have been logical play. The gamestate as was, made it a true 50/50 for the uninformed I feel.
It wasn't LyLo, and thus Mark would never do that as scum or if they did it would be pointless so Mark was the worst elim choice out of the pair.

wiki // GTKAS
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5431 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

We looped in logic and reasoning to make sure Marky made sense as the fade there. In hindsight, yes, it looks incredibly weird, but on the day, and in the arena itself, it became almost undeniably certain Marky had to be the fade that day.

That's why in dead threads and spectating it's easier to see scum, which is why I'll give ya a little wink wink in the dead thread. Play the players in the game.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5432 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5430, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 5429, DkKoba wrote:if mark called me out while I was townreading him in the game state i would have gone down for sure and that would have been logical play. The gamestate as was, made it a true 50/50 for the uninformed I feel.
It wasn't LyLo, and thus Mark would never do that as scum or if they did it would be pointless so Mark was the worst elim choice out of the pair.
I see this site has a lot to learn with scumplay then.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5433 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by DkKoba »

as someone who wins a lot of CCs as both alignments, you need a solid case on me. I don't accept "policy guilty elim" as an answer ever.
retired
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5434 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 5431, Flavor Leaf wrote:We looped in logic and reasoning to make sure Marky made sense as the fade there. In hindsight, yes, it looks incredibly weird, but on the day, and in the arena itself, it became almost undeniably certain Marky had to be the fade that day.

That's why in dead threads and spectating it's easier to see scum, which is why I'll give ya a little wink wink in the dead thread. Play the players in the game.
Majority of the reads I have now I've been saying while I was alive.

wiki // GTKAS
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5435 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Thanks for modding, Glitch!
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5436 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 5433, DkKoba wrote:as someone who wins a lot of CCs as both alignments, you need a solid case on me. I don't accept "policy guilty elim" as an answer ever.
You don't need to accept shite if you get yeeted.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5437 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:55 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 5435, VP Baltar wrote:Thanks for modding, Glitch!
^ Agreed, it was really fun :D

wiki // GTKAS
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5438 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I restate my point that putting the game into perpetual LyLo benefits scum nearly every time. Winning a CC means winning a ML. Its a valid trade.

If you're at the point where you are potentially going down anyways it doesn't often hurt.
retired
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5439 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:56 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I should probably make a thing in my FM record for "Times you deathtunnel scum only to retract last minute and they flip wolf"

wiki // GTKAS
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5440 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:57 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5436, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 5433, DkKoba wrote:as someone who wins a lot of CCs as both alignments, you need a solid case on me. I don't accept "policy guilty elim" as an answer ever.
can't wait to fake guilty you sometime in the future then before lylo ;)
retired
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5441 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 5440, DkKoba wrote:
Can't wait to reveal myself as the IC when you do that ;)

wiki // GTKAS
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5442 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:59 pm

Post by DkKoba »

infinity wrt to the reads list thing, I genuinely was forgetting to/was busy, but you were right that I would forget reads as scum. This game was a bit easier because the boardstate was pretty obvious for me. If you look closely though you may notice that I at some point traded the way I was reading JV with votato.

that was a genuine scumslip from me :lol:
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5443 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:00 pm

Post by DkKoba »

speaking of that @vp if you fake guiltied me a day before lylo it would have actually won you the game I think in that game we played.
retired
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5444 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 5428, JacksonVirgo wrote:Mafia kinda assed their way to a victory ngl, Mark should have never been eliminated especially when scum would never do that play outside of LyLo as I said, FL/Koba's gambit was too risky to ever be a viable play in practice especially if you have zero hints on what Town PRs are, A50 buried their ass all the way to oblivion and yet still wasn't eliminated for some reason lmfao. FL was openwolfing from the moment they suspected me of being scum forcing a 1v1 with them, also it was scummy 3p hunting with the Traitor bs. Them also dipping in and out of a loyal claim was scummy as all fuck and is probably what made me lock them as wolf buddies when Koba died.

It was a good game regardless, kinda salty my hard work died off lmfao. I also put suspicion on N_M when I saw their claim not because I SR them but because I wanted them alive more. I probably(?) read Koba as scum for the wrong reasons or whatever the term is because I mainly get my strong SRs off of gut mainly as I said and I was still suspecting FL even when they were "conftown" which is a bit telling of how well they did as scum in this game (in ways to say lackluster compared to what I expect of them ngl). I'm no god at Mafia at all I'm just saying how I see it.

Either way grats to the Mafia and punches in the face to all Town including myself. :D
Once you read the scum thread, this entire game went 100% exactly how I said it was going to go, down to the Day 3 hardest day. My Day 4 got delayed, but the entire plan was there.

I do that Loyal dance every town game I'm in, so it actually was meta certifiably strong.

And there's a reason you died.

You messed up by claiming your Universal Backup, but A50 had you pegged as a PR, he thought you were the protective, I called the post he read you as PR on as more likely for you to be investigative, which ended up being correct.

So we didn't have zero hints. We knew what we were working with, and we knew there wasn't going to be a ton of town PR's based on us just having Kkoba.

Your biggest mistake was saying "FL Scum Never kills me here" which I made you take that statement to the grave with you which indirectly counters you.

I don't mind open wolfing, because I got the gift of gab. I said I open wolfed in the scum PT.

It's much easier to see the game when you aren't playing from the inside anymore, and that's what I took advantage of.

I nurtured my NM and VP dynamic all the way to the final 5, and Not Mafia felt like I was scum, yet still couldn't bring himself to vote me.

That's the power of actively thinking about who and why you are pocketing.

I also set up Andres in a situation where he could run at me like a bull, but I had a defense ready because I was trolling him all game with the "Andres knows I'm town."

Jackson was discredited because I was using you as a scapegoat scum read to fit into all the slots, and then killed you off after you gave me the gamefic statement that wouldn't incriminate me.

Gamma killed Night 1 because he would have known this was FL shenanigans going on, and I wanted to claim Day 2.

I shut Andres coming after me on Day 2 with that FN claim, and Dkkoba and Myself got to sit around all Day 2 untouchable while we add fuel to every single one of your fires.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5445 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 5443, DkKoba wrote:speaking of that @vp if you fake guiltied me a day before lylo it would have actually won you the game I think in that game we played.
Yeah, possibly! Good point. I was on like day 4 of faking a claim was way too nervous to be risky at that point haha. I should have done that though and it would have bought aldusskel some more time I bet.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5446 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 5441, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 5440, DkKoba wrote:
Can't wait to reveal myself as the IC when you do that ;)
I mean it all depends on the gamestate!

its extremely hard to truly catch me without mechanics, I'm always like "scummy" but like not scummy enough to fully lim :lol: bc ppl do genuinely scumread me for my playstyle and then I point out "yeah its just playstyle" and bc its true I get away with it.
retired
Glitch
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Glitch
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5447 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by Glitch »

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=84724&p=12251200#p12251200
The Mod PT has been released with a documentation of all night actions.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5448 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:03 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I also actively was going "hey look over here everybody" while pickpocketing people when they were distracted.

I personally feel really strong about completely controlling any threats to the game, in different ways. VP and NM got buddied. Andres got discredited.

Jackson was pushed as scum. DGB was my fall goat.

I also specifically wanted the Geraint wagon on Day 1, and I got to be off of the wagon completely.

I did everything I said you should do in my scum guide, while making it look like I was doing the exact opposite thing.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5449 (ISO) » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:04 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 5444, Flavor Leaf wrote:Your biggest mistake was saying "FL Scum Never kills me here" which I made you take that statement to the grave with you which indirectly counters you.
This was a wifom statement I was hoping VP would pick up on if I died, especially after you semi-retracted off me.

wiki // GTKAS

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”