Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3992, Menalque wrote:Peta, simple question: would you feel worse losing to scum!me or to scum!smart?
This is a dumb argument and you know that.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3997, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 3592, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3586, Infinity 324 wrote:@s_s Do you at least see the conflict that’s happening in my head?
I see why it's plausible as coming from town, of course, but it still seems weird and makes more sense as coming from scum than from town.

I still want to trust Menalque and skitter on you, and I have been historically bad at reading you, but I think peta is town and you and Menalque both townread each other, so either I'm wrong about peta, or one of you is wrong about the other, or you're both scum. That's the conflict that's happening in MY head.
Apart from a general feeling of him having well-motivated questions, this felt particularly genuine to me
I don’t particularly see what’s towny abut this
Why would he not just lean towards one of us being scum and being wrong on the other?
"we knew everything... And we knew nothing."
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 4000, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3992, Menalque wrote:Peta, simple question: would you feel worse losing to scum!me or to scum!smart?
This is a dumb argument and you know that.
Not really seeing how that’s the case pal
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:43 am

In post 3998, Menalque wrote:What do you think about him not answering my question?
Which one
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3981, Menalque wrote:
In post 3965, Menalque wrote:Like how do I make over 400 posts here defneind myself as scum instead of getting my team to bus the shit out of me? Because if I /do/ successfully defend myself, I’m going down tomorrow, right? Like, look at how much pressure is on me, the only thing that buys scum!me another day is a scumflip

Getting my partners to defend me would be suicide for the scumteam overall because they’d go down after their connections to me once I went down tomorrow. So, I’m only scum here if I’m hard bussing and the effort is to make me look really good. In which case, I have to have persuaded pretty much half the town to NOT vote me here even as scum are ACTIVELY SUPPORTING my death, and I’m good, but I’m not convinced I’m that good

So yeah, unless you think I’m scum with exactly Dave + one of the other people I pressured and who voted me or is leaning me, you need to explain why I suicide the scumteam and lose? Ego isn’t a good enough reason because I will demonstrably make pragmatic sacrifices to win the game even if I don’t /like/ doing them
In post 3966, Menalque wrote:If S_S wants to explain that he thinks that and how he can reasonably think that while knowing me, I might reconsider

But right now I think he’s just scum for backing my exe here
In post 3982, Menalque wrote:Explain how town you ever makes your vote on me in light of all this?
In post 3983, Menalque wrote:ESPECIALLY after secrets of the anuket topaz
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:44 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 3998, Menalque wrote:
In post 3995, Infinity 324 wrote:I think he’s town
What do you think about him not answering my question?
Which question? Normally I’m not a big fan of “why would I do this as scum” arguments, because they’re wine and because I may just be lacking the imagination/information to see why a play would be correct.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:44 am

In post 4002, Menalque wrote:Not really seeing how that’s the case pal
I mean the goal of the game is to win, not to avoid feeling bad.

You're trying to argue that because I have a minimalist playstyle I'm somehow less deserving of winning.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:45 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 3985, Menalque wrote:S_S, look me in the eye and tell me my alignment is different to what it was in this game: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=83553
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 4001, Menalque wrote:I don’t particularly see what’s towny abut this
Why would he not just lean towards one of us being scum and being wrong on the other?
Specifically, the last sentence. Idk what it was but it felt very genuine in a “yeah I could see you as town but I’m in a tough position” sense.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 4006, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4002, Menalque wrote:Not really seeing how that’s the case pal
I mean the goal of the game is to win, not to avoid feeling bad.

You're trying to argue that because I have a minimalist playstyle I'm somehow less deserving of winning.
Yeah, correct, the aim of the goal is to win. In the case where it’s a toss up between two options, I think it’s perfectly reasonable to use other motivations to make your mind up, and for me one of those is “I think I’ve played a much more exciting and energetic game than you” so if you feel bad when you fail to beat the ~easy~ player and feel okay about it if you feel you just got outplayed, why should I point out that I think peta should vote you if he’s genuinely unsure who is scum to make himself feel better?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 4005, Infinity 324 wrote:
Which question? Normally I’m not a big fan of “why would I do this as scum” arguments, because they’re wine and because I may just be lacking the imagination/information to see why a play would be correct.
But I’m saying, think about it for yourself? The argument I’m making? Is it wrong? What information could you reasonably be missing that would make it wrong?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:48 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 4.16

Menalque (4):
Not_Mafia, davesaz, petapan, Something_Smart
petapan (2):
Infinity 324, Hoopla
Something_Smart (1):
Menalque

Not voting
: Something_Smart, Best Bird, Smoke and Mirrors

Deadline: (expired on 2020-11-26 17:00:00)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- quack
Last edited by the worst on Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 4008, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 4001, Menalque wrote:I don’t particularly see what’s towny abut this
Specifically, the last sentence. Idk what it was but it felt very genuine in a “yeah I could see you as town but I’m in a tough position” sense.
Bruh that looks a lot like him just mirroring your language back at you to try and form /develop anconnection
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:49 am

Post by Menalque »

hey ducky, i haven’t been toxic at all, are you proud of me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:52 am

In post 4007, Menalque wrote:
In post 3985, Menalque wrote:S_S, look me in the eye and tell me my alignment is different to what it was in this game: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=83553
I don't know where you got the idea in your head that I'm confident on this
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:52 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 4010, Menalque wrote:
In post 4005, Infinity 324 wrote:
But I’m saying, think about it for yourself? The argument I’m making? Is it wrong? What information could you reasonably be missing that would make it wrong?
When I get home I’ll think about it. I specifically am having a difficult time getting into a scum mindset though, I don’t have any completed scum games in a while.

I’d feel worse about losing to peta than s_s here if it was totally up to me since that meant I was right on peta and doubted myself.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Menalque »

I do, and I have extensive experience with S_S too and I’m telling you I think he’s scum
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Menalque »

Right from the bottoms of my souuuuul infinity
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Menalque »

My souuuuuuuuuul
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 4014, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 4007, Menalque wrote:
I don't know where you got the idea in your head that I'm confident on this
In post 4004, Menalque wrote:
In post 3981, Menalque wrote:
In post 3965, Menalque wrote:Like how do I make over 400 posts here defneind myself as scum instead of getting my team to bus the shit out of me? Because if I /do/ successfully defend myself, I’m going down tomorrow, right? Like, look at how much pressure is on me, the only thing that buys scum!me another day is a scumflip

Getting my partners to defend me would be suicide for the scumteam overall because they’d go down after their connections to me once I went down tomorrow. So, I’m only scum here if I’m hard bussing and the effort is to make me look really good. In which case, I have to have persuaded pretty much half the town to NOT vote me here even as scum are ACTIVELY SUPPORTING my death, and I’m good, but I’m not convinced I’m that good

So yeah, unless you think I’m scum with exactly Dave + one of the other people I pressured and who voted me or is leaning me, you need to explain why I suicide the scumteam and lose? Ego isn’t a good enough reason because I will demonstrably make pragmatic sacrifices to win the game even if I don’t /like/ doing them
In post 3966, Menalque wrote:If S_S wants to explain that he thinks that and how he can reasonably think that while knowing me, I might reconsider

But right now I think he’s just scum for backing my exe here
In post 3982, Menalque wrote:Explain how town you ever makes your vote on me in light of all this?
In post 3983, Menalque wrote:ESPECIALLY after secrets of the anuket topaz
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Menalque »

Answer the question

How does town!you justify voting me in light of all this

Stop dodging me and answer it
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:57 am

In post 3965, Menalque wrote:Like how do I make over 400 posts here defneind myself as scum instead of getting my team to bus the shit out of me?
They are not mutually exclusive; also, if the wagon on you went super fast, bussing would be expected.[/quote]
Because if I /do/ successfully defend myself, I’m going down tomorrow, right? Like, look at how much pressure is on me, the only thing that buys scum!me another day is a scumflip
Maybe, but getting rid of peta first is a pretty huge boost to your team.
Getting my partners to defend me would be suicide for the scumteam overall because they’d go down after their connections to me once I went down tomorrow.
Not necessarily, because there will be other people who didn't defend you, and they can switch over if your execution looks inevitable, and they can make the WIFOM argument that they wouldn't be so obvious.
So, I’m only scum here if I’m hard bussing and the effort is to make me look really good. In which case, I have to have persuaded pretty much half the town to NOT vote me here even as scum are ACTIVELY SUPPORTING my death, and I’m good, but I’m not convinced I’m that good
I mean it could be one on you and one off, which you seem to have completely ignored... and even if it is two on, people have a tendency to listen to the loudest voice so it wouldn't exactly shock me if peta's whole wagon is town.
Because it's not as clear-cut as you make it out to be, and you may well have judged that getting peta exed today is worth one or both of your buddies tying themselves to you because they still have mis-executions available to them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:59 am

Happy?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Menalque »

Not really but you’re gonna have to wait until I’m at my laptop because of how you format your counterarguments

Although I am happy you’ve answered
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Menalque »

Bc now I get to explain how your reasons are made up to look reasonable while not actually being reasonable and we get to kill scum!you for like, the first time ever!

Return to “Completed Open Games”