skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:22 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1099, Isis wrote:
In post 1006, skitter30 wrote:more than that she just wants to say things and then not engage with me on it
skitter where have I done this
you're not characterizing me accurately and it seems discredity and you're at best playing town more survivalistically than you should be playing the alignment because you're being really dismissive
i feel like ur talking at me and not to me
both times that you voted me / stated that you scumread me

and when i responded to the first time you voted me you didn't really engage with me

how is this not accurate?

i'm baffled where you're getting survivalistic from
i can maybe see dismissive but i don't get where you're coming from here
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by Isis »

Dismissive is inherently survivalistic, it's a really safe way to interact.
If you roll scum, you want to reduce your "surface area" as much as possible.
That's how I think about stuffs
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1100, Infinity 324 wrote:Ok, I did want to talk about this cause I’m still not sure on MT. Yes town re-evaluates based on new information, but there didn’t really seem to be any new information that MT was taking into account. Yes town can go back and ISO someone, but it didn’t seem particularly motivated to me. Scum opportunism seemed like a likely reason to re-evaluate there. Yeah personality could be another reason, but my gut is still kinda bothered by it.
you realize this is basically what i'm saying wrt isis, right?

~
In post 1101, Isis wrote:I don't always play patty cake with people I scumread, but "A readslist with more than X nullreads is always scum setting up audibles and never a townie who doesn't have people's alignments in her role PM" is such a dumb thing like no I don't exactly want to use it as a jumping off point.

If you want to talk about something you can talk about why you think voting two different people in one post is scummy. That's like, decent. What makes you read that as feigned indecision versus indecision, is there some marker to it making you sure you're not confbiasing?
a) i was talking about the first time you voted me, ty
b) i very rarely see town making a poitn of explaining why they have a bunch of nullreads.
c) i don't think i've *ever* seen town vote two people in one post the way you did it. i've seen it happen in a stream-of-conscious type of post where they change their mind midway through, but that's not what your post was. your post was more premeditated than that, and it looked show-y and like you were trying to look like you had more indecision than you actually did.
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1201, Isis wrote:Dismissive is inherently survivalistic, it's a really safe way to interact.
If you roll scum, you want to reduce your "surface area" as much as possible.
That's how I think about stuffs
no. i strongly disagree
Show
Hiatus once more.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

I feel like there is a significant element of playstyle difference here no matter both of your alignments and it’s kind of difficult to parse out.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1105, Infinity 324 wrote:The way she says it makes me really want to believe her.
ftr she says that sort of thing as scum too
but i think she's engaged in a way unlikely to come from scum!her
Show
Hiatus once more.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1202, skitter30 wrote:you realize this is basically what i'm saying wrt isis, right?
Who did isis re-evaluate?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:29 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1204, Infinity 324 wrote:I feel like there is a significant element of playstyle difference here no matter both of your alignments and it’s kind of difficult to parse out.
right the think is that from what i know of isis, i don't think there *should* be such a massive clash here

pedit i meant that she went and randomly out of nowhere made a post about how indecisive she was on like 4 people
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by skitter30 »

will be back in like 15
Show
Hiatus once more.

team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:30 pm

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 1197, Infinity 324 wrote:Isis points out that mafia can be worried about losing to jesters too. Right. But jessie says she wasn’t worried about them ending the game. Jessie, what was worrying about the jester thing if it wouldn’t end the game?
this mostly:
In post 1174, team rocket queen wrote:i just wanted someone to unvote in the time being because i was worried about gypyx/thegoldenparadox hammering thegoldenparadox, i hadn't thought the idea through yet,
i just hadn't gotten there yet. like the oh it'd be unlikely for the jesters to end the game et cetera. i just remembered the gypyx jester thing and thought 'oh!!! that makes so much sense' and thought that thegoldenparadox/gypyx might hammer
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Isis »

menalque's favorite places was pretty massive clash which makes statements like that a bit (?)
it was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure I remember it being frictitious
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Isis »

In post 693, Isis wrote:Flea had a long post that didn't accomplish much, but then they told on themselves for not accomplishing much. I think they're good. The wallpost reads like they actually just read the thread and shared every thought they had and didn't hide any from us and then they got to the end and realized they hadn't said anything, but they felt sorry not sorry cause town can do no wrong, and stated such with the right tone. You can get a lot of really really scumreads and townreads off of correctly discerning people's attitudes towards their own content (that's what elitelling is and some people say it's the most unfairly powerful tell so)

The discussion around the infinity comment made me realize shading a townblock for size without picking anyone can like, benefit scum without putting oneself in harm's way and that make sense. I wonder if that's getting to become too much of the game at this point.

I think it was skitter asked: if you want to go purely on past games, I should be able to read Pooky (the reason Pooky is treating it as poignant is that it's been a read against town consensus in the past) (is that what poignant means it means kind of the same thing as salient right?)

Skitter and Gloria both don't like my Ydrasse analysis, but Gloria's reaction was "I don't really feel this but I don't have any reason to believe this was manufactured and anyway I think the slot it's about
is
town so I'm happy about it"; skitter's reaction was, she doesn't even think Ydrasses is scum, but she cares a lot whether my point was stupid anyway.
VOTE: skitter

I will dayvig Pooky the next time he says this game's plot is not about a wedding between me and Morning Tweet (who so far seems like a town bride but if it turns out she's scum there will still be a wedding it will just be even more forbidden)

This post is a weird mix of remembering things not necessarily in order and reading some pages out of order on accident so sorry if it's chronologically messy.
If it's this post, I discuss roughly four players, and I waffle on one of them (infinity, being noncommital about how much the townblock thing should matter)

If you're referring to the post where Hopkirk specifically asked me about players I hadn't commented on specifically because they're the ones I'm not sure about then "randomly out of nowhere" is beyond bogus for describing why they weren't certain reads.
"Well, I..."
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:41 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1121, Hopkirk wrote:I didn't like any of Skitter30's posting on this page and am especially curious on this. I don't get pushing this association.
i mean the thought crossed my mind so i shared it
idk if i'd really call myself 'pushing that association'
In post 1123, Hopkirk wrote:This, but the biggest part is I interpreted 'talk' from Skitter30 as 'talk in real time'
oh to clarify that i didn't necessarily mean in real time, i meant more just like interacting with you more in a general sense. it didn't have to be in real time

~

also i appreciate all the internet hugs everyone <3

~
In post 1131, Hopkirk wrote:(Dunn/Skitter30/Gypyx/Jessie) is the people I don't have good vibes on.
It's also to some extent concerning overlapping with people not approaching the game in a certain way.
*squints sideways* that is a very interesting group you have there

~
In post 1148, team rocket queen wrote:
In post 1147, Flea The Magician wrote:A Jester role? o.O

I genuinely don't think it's likely, is there any more thought behind this or just suspicion?

Two Jesters... I mean from what I've heard of hectic games I'd probably expect everyone to be in that position if that's the case lol
it explains both of their behaviours for the whole game i think

and also like double elimination day and they are playing this way
this is an interesting thought ... and i believe that you probably believe it and that you just thought of it prior to making that series of posts
but i don't think ti's super likely - tgp probalby doesn't defend gypyx that hard, he probably gets on wagon waaaaaaaaay earlier and gypyx just self hammers

(i might have to bounce again for a few minutes shortly)
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:42 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1153, Gloria Cleary wrote:
In post 1134, team rocket queen wrote:pooky please unvote just believe in me for a second
I think Jessie is town. This isn’t something scum usually say.
ya i think the thought was wrong but the approach probably + town
Show
Hiatus once more.

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:19 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1150, Flea The Magician wrote:Surely the best way to win as that would be to be scummy, not AFK as gypyx is? [Hope you're well friendo <3]
TGP has shown willingness to dedicate time to the game with a few of the posts and is just being shonky. There's way better ways to pull a jester win - and easier ways.

VOTE: TGP - I'm still happy with this regardless, if he is a jester, then jeeze. If they're both Jesters then that's an amazing wincon

Given the royal theme I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 3rd party of some description, Jester seems a bit naff of a mechanic to throw in.
Jester seems unlikely to me (aside from the royal theme bit)
Even if jester existed, I doubt it would end the whole game, I think that's always unfair unless the jester is a known element
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I think Jester paranoia in general is something more likely to come from scum than town
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1150, Flea The Magician wrote:Given the royal theme I wouldn't be surprised if there's a 3rd party of some description
Also is there a connection between royal theme and 3rd parties?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:26 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1215, Dunnstral wrote:I think Jester paranoia in general is something more likely to come from scum than town
this feels kinda scummy
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1217, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1215, Dunnstral wrote:I think Jester paranoia in general is something more likely to come from scum than town
this feels kinda scummy
Yeah yeah
team rocket queen
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
team rocket queen
jessie she it
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: jessie she it

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by team rocket queen »

In post 738, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 732, TheGoldenParadox wrote:but ONLY setup speccing on d1 with literally no information on a game that is known to be complex and have twists and turns without a single read on a player in the game is terrible.
this reads very wolfy

VOTE: TGP
this feels kinda scummy
hm.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1211, Isis wrote:If it's this post, I discuss roughly four players, and I waffle on one of them (infinity, being noncommital about how much the townblock thing should matter)

If you're referring to the post where Hopkirk specifically asked me about players I hadn't commented on specifically because they're the ones I'm not sure about then "randomly out of nowhere" is beyond bogus for describing why they weren't certain reads.
no the indecisive post was the second one
this may sound dumb but i literally didn't notice/realize /put together until exactly now that you were responding to a direct question that hopkirk asked you abt those slots
so, uh, sorry. i retract that accusation because uh i was being oblivious

i still don't like the post that you quoted above wherein you started by voting tgp and switched to me later
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:47 pm

Post by skitter30 »

this feels kinda scummy
tbf i think taht sk paranoia is much, much more likely to come from scum than town, and maybe he was extrapolating to 3p in general
Show
Hiatus once more.

TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

i'm not jester lol
like as much as i'm getting scumread this game, if i wanted to be eliminated d1, it would be incredibly easy for me to just.. get limmed d1 because i have to make real conscious effort in every game against that as both alignments so i could just.. not
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:21 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1195, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1055, Gloria Cleary wrote:No, I actually think I maybe am. This is what I expect town to do here. I seriously can’t even wrap my brain around this.
oh nm
you're my first guess, i'm like 95% positive
Well I can’t comment because I don’t know what they are. The wildest theory I’ve heard was during Death Curse which still cracks me up. I’m amazed that anyone would seriously have considered that for even a nanosecond. :lol:
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:40 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Skitter’s posts make my stomach wriggle and squirm and do somersaults. From past experience, this correlates with a high likelihood that she is a member of the mafia.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”