Fade Into Obscurity

Day 2
ends in
(expired on 2020-12-04 20:00:00)
on
December 4th.

Mod Notes
:
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Happy Unbirthday Boon »

In post 1545, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Happy Unbirthday Boon
idk who's out of focus rn but you seem content to make it hard to focus on them. All your targets are LHF, and I find it highly unlikely you're right on ANY of your current suspects.
In what universe is Shoshin LHF?

Why do you find it highly unlikely I'm right on any of them?

None of the three are even remotely out of their scumranges lol and some are doing actively sus things
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Nico weas LHF and I just find that you haven't once reconsidered on Shoshin to be a bit suspect
And what is BEF's so-called scumrange?
For why I think you're wrong, Ari fits neatly into a mold I've observed from town!him before where he's not engaged and not exact worried that he isn't in a broad sense, BEF has been making the right comments at the right times to a point I don't think he's faking it, because he'd just be too damn good in that case, and Shoshin has this swagger I don't think scum!her has.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:34 pm

I gave Shoshin several days to spew herself town. She basically dropped off a cliff which sounds a lot more like what would happen if she replaced in, put in a lot of effort to come off townie, but then had no desire to continue solving the game because she was scum. I'm not scumreading her for Nico at all, I'm scumreading her based on her replacing in with a bunch of activity and then drifting immediately into two naked votes. If you're right on Ari then both of her last two votes are naked votes on town that she hasn't followed up on at all.

BEF is certainly trying to come off as townie this game which means he's doing things he typically thinks he would do as town but is nonetheless lacking any real conviction or interest in the game. He did the VCA thing but his analysis didn't even make sense and he casually conflated one of his higher scumreads for one of his mid-range slots. His vote on Vax looks like a bus and his fakehammer on Ari looks very weird. It looks more like he's trying to manipulate how slots are spewed than solve the game to me. You'll have to be clearer on what comments he's made that makes him spewed town for you, maybe that would help my read.

You could perfectly well be right on Ari, but he is also certainly capable of faking 'townslips' through a real lack of attention to the game which I think is totally NAI for him. I think given the likelihood there's some non-group scum in the game I think he needs to be town, and his hesitance to claim VT and odd comments about his wagon, lack of interest in presenting a scumread all feels to me alot more like someone hoping the wagon goes away than town solving the game. Also I personally kinda think forgetting that Ircher was dead could plausibly be a lowkey scumslip since that actually makes more sense for scum to forget than town.

It's entirely possible I'm wrong on all three, sure, but you're arguing Shoshin has swagger but she's basically been absent for two days as soon as the pressure on her went away which basically matches what I'd expect from scumshin.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The only thing I find remotely convincing there is the part about Shoshin. For BEF, I feel like he's acting similarly to Cards of Destiny and he knows I'm looking out for such things and is actively but not exploitatively showing the thing I want to see from him. I could be pocketed, but I'm NOT entertaining the thought for some time. wrt Ari I've pretty much paid no mind to townslips and in fact don't see what the deal is with them?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by Shoshin »

What's scummy about naked votes? This is something I do as town.
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:38 pm

I just feel like I have yet to see any sign of town Shoshin, you replaced in, did a catchup, then seemed to just drop out of the game. If you were town I feel like you'd have much more presence.
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:39 pm

In post 1554, Gamma Emerald wrote:For BEF, I feel like he's acting similarly to Cards of Destiny
ok but what does this mean to someone who wasn't in cards of destiny? why about his similarities to that game convince you that he's town here?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:49 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In that game he was also a bit of a target, somewhat a self-inflicted situation, but he became obvtown when everyone realized that a) he was being earnest and b) he was pretty obviously a miselim scum were hungering for when he opened himself up
<Embrace The Void>

Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:20 pm

ok that's fine but neither of those things have become clear so far, what in his posting strikes you as earnest? I'm all for letting him respond for another day but he's already dragged out giving any content whatsoever for practically a week, that's pretty weaksauce no matter what tbh
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1556, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:I just feel like I have yet to see any sign of town Shoshin, you replaced in, did a catchup, then seemed to just drop out of the game. If you were town I feel like you'd have much more presence.
I've been letting the game breathe a bit so that other players post.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:45 pm

Post by Shoshin »

HUB, what games of mine are you familiar with? The idea that I spam post & don't naked vote are both wrong. Where's your meta on me coming from?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by Shoshin »

What're your town reads, HUB?
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:29 am

I didn't say you spam post, I was saying I'd expect you to be solving the game and that's not really an impression I'm getting right now. I don't know how to put this but I feel like usually when you're town, more of the game is just 'about' you, if that makes sense. I try not to get into meta-y stuff, and the bottom line is that my main concerns with you are still clearly related to this game: I didn't like you entering and lying about nico's meta, and I feel like you haven't done enough townie-style solving since then to break that bad impression.

At the moment my town is feeling like [GX, Shelly], even though I have some latent concerns with the way Shelly wanted to position herself as IC the way the claims played out still felt a little too convoluted for scum. I can see a world where i'm wrong there just because boon maybe doesn't give town two commuters, but I don't want to even say that because he did have that one game with the two BPs so maybe it's sort of in the vein of that? Ydra has one posting tic that pings me a little but the actual content of her posts I find pretty townie, don't want to discuss the one tic until I see whether she keeps doing it and maybe at some point read some other games to see if it's NAI. After our interaction last night I think I can see a world of Bell town but less confident there. If the slip was correct on HBB I know he has a decent scumrange but I think I would lean this being his town game. TGP the way he approached the Vax wagon is coinflippy but I would flip on town at the moment, if only because I think it'd be 'showier' if he was scum, but then again that was my wrong reasoning on Vax so I could be wrong for the same reasons twice. I've been thinking a lot about Shelly's concerns with Gamma and while I can see some of them, and there's been a few moments where Gamma's reactions have bothered me a little, I still kinda feel like he's maybe more town than scum on the whole of things. At one point I felt really confident on Gamma town but it's faded as his positions on some slots just seems murky at times. I feel like I remember liking some of Sam's posts but don't think I've had big feelings there so kinda null there with maybe null-leaning-town. idk I think there's a fair number of slots that have either done one or two things that bothered me very little but have had pretty townie content or haven't done very much but have still felt maybe townie, vs. the bottom three slots that have done a few things that either bother me quite a bit (or in Ari's case, not done).
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 238, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 233, Endless Terror wrote: VOTE: BEF
its role fishing since scum!you doesn't read into detail and care about the CLAIMS more than finding SCUM
-S
I wonder if townpr!me would find knowing who is ascetic etc...useful....
I don't take this entirely as a genuine PR soft, but it's a salient point in that hypothetical case.
In post 363, BrightEyedFish wrote:Hi, its almost 7am again.

Can someone recap the last 10 pages?

Also, please update the list with any new CLAIMS MADE.
Seems a bit too blatant on the circumstantial simultaneity to be scum. He essentially retreaded every single thing that had been setting people off against him. If he's scum he's betting it all on WIFOM here.
In post 366, BrightEyedFish wrote:I mean a wise men once said that a BEF D1 wagon has scum at the helm.

It's been awhile since it's happened but maybe that sentiment still stands.
Here he is repeating a phrase I remember from that other game, though I guess I do see a mildly contradictory tone to it, but not one I think makes him scum, it's just defeating his point potentially.
In post 379, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 377, Endless Terror wrote:VOTE: BEF

If we haven't.
I am trying to work with you to get over my OMGUS and you stick your finger in the wound.
I like BEF's self-awareness here.
In post 389, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 387, Endless Terror wrote:
In post 386, BrightEyedFish wrote:Well assuming you are town, I would not want you to tunnel another town.

If you are scum then this is all for naught anyways.
Do you scumread us?
-S
No, but I'm not locktowning you either. Imo, tunneling can also go in the other direction if you locktown someone too early.
This kinda feels like nonsense but it's nonsense that touches on a good idea. If phrased better this could be exceptionally salient commentary on over-confident townreads.
In post 555, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 554, The Pelican Brief wrote:Reads on anybody outside of
{Sam/ET}
?

~Taly

Off the top of my head, you and the 2 birthday slots are TRs. I kind of like Ydrasse as town too.
This kinda feels like a town way to drop reads. That's just a personal thing though, probably.
In post 822, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 764, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 763, Vaxkiller wrote:Yea, you and gamma we heard from, but I want to hear everyone else's reasoning on the record.
I also support this
As I said, I want the wagon well defined. BEF knows I have pushed for this before btw, so I think he should be able to back my mindset up to people like Tay who are FoSing me for both pushing Vax and trying to pick at the Vax voters.

I feel comfortable in putting Gamma in my town block.
BEF knows I'm on a certain wavelength in how I'm reading him and the fact he acknowledges that and locktowns me immediately means his motives are probably trustworthy. And if I'm wrong I'm not going to or in the mood to find out rn, tbqh.
<Embrace The Void>

Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:39 am

238 doesn't do much for me and I honestly don't get what you mean at all for 363.

I will agree that 370 and 389 are decent posts but not enough to counter-act my other concerns.

555 is interesting, I think we're looking at different thins in that post. I think you're right that the style and presentation feels a bit townie, that's a fair point. I guess my concern with 555 and 822 is that I don't really know that I can follow his reasoning even if all of those reads are right. It's way too early in the game to accuse someone of TMI on reads so I'm not going to do that, and I agree the style of the posts seems kinda townie. I feel like I want to say a but there but really I have no but, I think I can see why you want to townread him off those posts. I simply am less convinced that posts like 555 and 822 are enough to move him into solid town territory, but I don't really think it's wrong for you to do so, we're kinda just evaluating them a bit differently. Fair points though and good response, thank you! Happy Unbirthday to you, Gamma Emerald!
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1565, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:I honestly don't get what you mean at all for 363.
He said the same things he said to get him in the mess he was in. I doubt he's so clueless to where scum!him would traipse along like that not being cognizant of the shit he's stepping into, so if he's scum it's some high level shit he's doing.
<Embrace The Void>

Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:58 am

I mean... i think asking for help in catchup is NAI and don't really see why that would be high level scum play but your thought process there might be townie nonetheless
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

tbh I could spell it out if needed
<Embrace The Void>

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:01 am

Post by Shoshin »

HUB, why do you keep saying that I lied about Nico's meta? I understand that you disagree, but why do you assume I'm lying rather than just wrong?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:04 am

Post by Shoshin »

Why is GX town, HUB?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:12 am

Post by Shoshin »

Golden, why'd you vote HUB?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:32 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1493, Aristophanes wrote:I'd honestly entirely forgotten we got scum D1.

That's definitely a good jumping point!
How do you forget a scum lynch?

Has anyone in this game ever forgotten that they lynched scum? Can anyone point me to examples of town forgetting a scum lynch?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:43 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1060, Ydrasse wrote:maybe ircher saw something i didn't see in her but idk!!!
Don't like the three exclamations here. Feels fake.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:57 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

In post 1571, Shoshin wrote:Golden, why'd you vote HUB?
honestly, they felt off to me at the time, but their posting has improved a lot since then

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”