PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:06 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Here is a recent example:
In post 1225, TheGoldenParadox wrote:infinity, you're town, right? can i just sheep you? VOTE: skitter
In post 1227, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i think infinity is town here.
Like this is super weird?

Why is he voting Skitter here, does he actually think she is scum or scummy? he makes no case for skitter!scum in 1225-1230. Looking through his ISO I don't see any case for skitter being red at all. he only mentions 1 sentence about her and it's:

"i think skitter is the best lim tomorrow based off infinity and isis' posting (the latter who i don't have as locktown but presents fairly good arguments against skitter anyways)"

Like what reasoning does he find impressive? What reason does he have to want to elim her?

Originally he didn't like Dunn and wanted Dunn elim'd but now he's moving to Skitter from Dunn so where is the progression that takes him there? I don't see anything posted in his ISO that really explains how he is getting from Dunn to Skitter as the best elim today. Here's his progression on Dunn which I found implausible to be real:

"so VOTE: dunnstral this slot has been fairly bad from the beginning and has not gotten better."

"i mean, it really isn't? i've been scumreading your slot from the start, and you have done absolutely nothing to make it townier."

"i find it incredibly interesting that i'm attacked for low-effort voting dunn without a significant amount of reasoning but dunn is not attacked for the exact same thing, which makes me incredibly suspicious that at least one of the people using that line of reasoning are simply chainsawing on an easy argument."

"dunn is probably scum
i'll work on providing a few more reads but i'm ridiculously confident in town gypyx and somewhat confident in scum dunn and i ask that in the second part of d1 upon my flip you get dunn)"

"my scumcase on dunn is admittedly less evidence based but there is a strong opening post/gutread on that slot and i ask you take it into consideration"

"still 1000% confident that gypyx is town, but losing confidence in dunnscum." <<<-- I do not understand this transition - what changed between 1029 and 1226 to make dunn go from "flip this guy after I flip green" to "losing confidence in dunnscum let's kill skitter instead?"

Could it be my absurd idiot theory from ???

I will LOL if we r really in a Dunn/TGP world and dunn told TGP to change tack because distancing is not giving dunn town cred because its being done so transparently badly.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1298, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:One line of thought is that scum are more likely than town to read play as "jester-ish" because they know who their team-members are and someone who is acting abnormally scummish is more evident to a scum player than say a town player as a result of this.

I maintain town-lean on Jessie due to other things though I have never played with her as scum before.
Her progression on me is really strange if she’s scum. Scum tries to chain miselims but she went from sr me for something I viewed as entirely NAI to tr my post + there was her “please believe in me” post which strongly pinged town to me.

Wrt to TGP while I liked their “Gloria, I’m town” post, nothing about their reasoning for their scumreads makes any damn sense and I find it hard to believe they honestly believe in those scumreads. I thought it made no sense that they suddenly dropped their Dunn scumread for pretty much no reason when they were previously calling for his launch post-flip then bizarrely piggybacked on Infinity to jump on to Skitter because her wagon was gaining traction. If TGP honestly had Skitter as their strongest scumread, you would think they would have said something about that when they were still pushing Dunn. What townie has that strong a scumread on a player then just seemingly arbitrarily drops it to move into a spicier wagon that just happens to be gaining momentum? I could honestly see it if there was an actual logical basis for that progression but there was none. It just seemed to come out of the blue.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

Spoiler:
In post 1300, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Here is a recent example:
In post 1225, TheGoldenParadox wrote:infinity, you're town, right? can i just sheep you? VOTE: skitter
In post 1227, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i think infinity is town here.
Like this is super weird?

Why is he voting Skitter here, does he actually think she is scum or scummy? he makes no case for skitter!scum in 1225-1230. Looking through his ISO I don't see any case for skitter being red at all. he only mentions 1 sentence about her and it's:

"i think skitter is the best lim tomorrow based off infinity and isis' posting (the latter who i don't have as locktown but presents fairly good arguments against skitter anyways)"

Like what reasoning does he find impressive? What reason does he have to want to elim her?

Originally he didn't like Dunn and wanted Dunn elim'd but now he's moving to Skitter from Dunn so where is the progression that takes him there? I don't see anything posted in his ISO that really explains how he is getting from Dunn to Skitter as the best elim today. Here's his progression on Dunn which I found implausible to be real:

"so VOTE: dunnstral this slot has been fairly bad from the beginning and has not gotten better."

"i mean, it really isn't? i've been scumreading your slot from the start, and you have done absolutely nothing to make it townier."

"i find it incredibly interesting that i'm attacked for low-effort voting dunn without a significant amount of reasoning but dunn is not attacked for the exact same thing, which makes me incredibly suspicious that at least one of the people using that line of reasoning are simply chainsawing on an easy argument."

"dunn is probably scum
i'll work on providing a few more reads but i'm ridiculously confident in town gypyx and somewhat confident in scum dunn and i ask that in the second part of d1 upon my flip you get dunn)"

"my scumcase on dunn is admittedly less evidence based but there is a strong opening post/gutread on that slot and i ask you take it into consideration"

"still 1000% confident that gypyx is town, but losing confidence in dunnscum." <<<-- I do not understand this transition - what changed between 1029 and 1226 to make dunn go from "flip this guy after I flip green" to "losing confidence in dunnscum let's kill skitter instead?"

Could it be my absurd idiot theory from ???

I will LOL if we r really in a Dunn/TGP world and dunn told TGP to change tack because distancing is not giving dunn town cred because its being done so transparently badly.

Get out of my head Pooky. Who gave you permission to occupy space in my brain? :lol:
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:39 pm

Post by skitter30 »

gloria can i perhaps interest u in voting tgp ?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:49 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1262, Hectic wrote:
Votecount 1.0.13

[4] TheGoldenParadox:
skitter30, Dunnstral, Ydrasse, Flea The Magician
[4] skitter30:
Isis, Infinity 324, Hopkirk, TheGoldenParadox
[1] Gloria Cleary:
Gypyx

[4] Not Voting:
Gloria Cleary, team rocket queen, Morning Tweet, PookyTheMagicalBear

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to launch. If there is no majority by the deadline, plurality will decide.

The deadline is in (expired on 2020-11-29 09:11:15).

Joint Mod ISO
That would put them at E-1 correct?

I don’t want to hammer unless everyone is okay with ending the day.
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:04 pm

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

i'm sorry i don't understand why everyone thinks i've lost my dunn scumread they're still a scumlean
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1304, Gloria Cleary wrote:That would put them at E-1 correct?
ah i didn't realize this would be the e-1 vote
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:07 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1305, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm sorry i don't understand why everyone thinks i've lost my dunn scumread they're still a scumlean
the issue is less: 'what happened to your dunn scumread'
and more: 'where did your skitter scumread come from' and 'my did that scumread on her come at a very convenient time'
Show
Hiatus once more.

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:14 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm sorry i don't understand why everyone thinks i've lost my dunn scumread they're still a scumlean
I think it makes a lot of sense to re-evaluate the strength of a read mid-late d1 because you need more evidence for reads later in the day. It’s happened with a few of my townreads, I didn’t say it cause I didn’t feel the need to.

I’ll respond to pooky and try to squeeze out a few points against skitter tomorrow.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:17 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1305, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm sorry i don't understand why everyone thinks i've lost my dunn scumread they're still a scumlean
You never explained your progression from Skitter to Dunn. I almost get the feeling that you’d hop on any counterwagon that had a reasonable chance of building. I also find your Infinty read very strange. Who requests permission to sheep?

Posts #1225 and #1227 are as Pooky pointed out, very weird. It pings as a possible tmi read on him.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1308, Infinity 324 wrote:
TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm sorry i don't understand why everyone thinks i've lost my dunn scumread they're still a scumlean
I think it makes a lot of sense to re-evaluate the strength of a read mid-late d1 because you need more evidence for reads later in the day. It’s happened with a few of my townreads, I didn’t say it cause I didn’t feel the need to.

I’ll respond to pooky and try to squeeze out a few points against skitter tomorrow.
Where did they re-evaluate? Please link/quote those posts for me because I couldn’t find them.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:26 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

@TGP why is Skitter suddenly scummier to you than Dunn?

Because you have given no reason for that switch from Dunn to Skitter. I don’t understand why Infinty is viewing that otherwise?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:36 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1310, Gloria Cleary wrote:Where did they re-evaluate? Please link/quote those posts for me because I couldn’t find them.
I mean, it’s not articulated well (, ), but TGP very much gives off the vibe of a townie who has trouble articulating their thoughts. My TR on them is largely gut, and I’m just trying to convince y’all of what I feel.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:38 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Also:
In post 1266, TheGoldenParadox wrote:I feel like gypyx gets scumread far too often as town, and is a generally LHF type player, who i didn't want to see limmed because of how obvtown he was to me
This is a towny thought and very relatable to what I’m going through right now.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:47 pm

In post 1308, Infinity 324 wrote:I’ll respond to pooky and try to squeeze out a few points against skitter tomorrow.
I want TGP to make some points against Skitter that back up his read. because I really do not see anything in his ISO that justifies his read on her.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:48 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Fair enough.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:49 pm

In post 1313, Infinity 324 wrote:This is a towny thought and very relatable to what I’m going through right now.
or he's scum trying to muddy the waters on his way out.

either way its irrelevant as gypyx is not really up for elim today, the focus is on him/skitter right now and he's not really articulated his reasoning for wanting her flipped.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:50 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

They*

Also their towncase on gypyx happened a while ago.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:53 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

Well we have two + days now to figure this all out. Tell me, can you point to any specific posts from Skitter that are pinging you specifically?

Because I’m not getting the Skitter scumreads?

I viewed Skitter/Isis as misunderstanding playstyle differences.

I think just simply saying that X isn’t acting like I expect town them to act is kind of a lazy read and could come from any alignment.

I just find it odd that having previously no even mentioning a scumread on Skitter, then suddenly saying she’s not acting like I would expect town!her to act, like in what way is she acting different here? How is she acting differently than either of you think town!her should?

Please explain it to me.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:55 pm

oops sorry TGP!!
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:03 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1318, Gloria Cleary wrote:she’s not acting like I would expect town!her to act
I don’t believe either of us ever said this? I have no completed games with skitter. I’ll talk about the read some more tomorrow morning.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:05 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1314, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1308, Infinity 324 wrote:I’ll respond to pooky and try to squeeze out a few points against skitter tomorrow.
I want TGP to make some points against Skitter that back up his read. because I really do not see anything in his ISO that justifies his read on her.
The part of it that pings me the most is how they made a show of sheeping Infinity before voting her. That doesn’t read to me like they did a re-evaluation of Skitter because why then would they need to sheep you, let alone request your permission to do so?

If I change my mind on a read, I just straight up vote them, I don’t need to sheep. I only sheep when I don’t know who to vote for and trust my strongest tr like I should have done with MUSH on both Fred and Shelley in Death Curse but if I already have an actual opinion, I not only have no need to sheep, I certainly don’t require that player’s permission.

It could almost be read as if I really don’t have a Skitter read. so I’ll just sheep Infinity. Iow, it’s a contradiction I’m seeing here. They are basically almost parroting your read on Skitter rather than having one of their own. That is how that all reads to me.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:07 pm

Why r u not concerned at all that TGP is sheeping you with no justification?
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:08 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 1224, Infinity 324 wrote:Skitter’s posts make my stomach wriggle and squirm and do somersaults.
From past experience, this correlates with a high likelihood that she is a member of the mafia.
@Infinity can you explain what you meant by this?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:13 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Truth is, I am a bit? It’s not enough to change my read on them though, because the rest of their stuff screams town to me. (This is wine but) it wouldn’t be too hard to justify a skitter vote better than they did.

PEdit: it means people whose posts make my gut squirm tend to be scum
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”