DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:55 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 2641, TheGoldenParadox wrote:oh. fuck. that's embarrassing.

there's.... no way nero could have been the scumkill right? it would have to be a vig?
Gotta be, who doubts that Nero would have been hammered within half an hour?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:05 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 2642, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Is it possible the scum kill was randomized if no action was submitted?
feel like if no kill was submitted it would just be that... scum doesn't kill

pretty sure that's what it is in newbies at least

nothing in the rules says that scum "has to kill" every night so i would assume not, unless this is a rule that is privately told to scum
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:07 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

This is good for us and narrows down our scumpool actually.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:38 am

In post 2649, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2648, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 2644, innocentvillager wrote:if guillotina tracked nero, who is confirmed pure VT, in a normal, there is NO WAY that they could've gotten a result that was "Nero visited X"

just want to make sure im understanding this

so the redcheck was, completely faked as well, whether nero was checked or not
We were witnesses to the absolute worst play in all of mafia history.

An actual, really powerful town role faking a tracking result on a vanilla townie.

I've seen everything now.
that is fucking hilarious coming from you with a 2005 join date
I refrained from adding "while being supremely arrogant and spiteful."

LOL
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:50 am

In post 70, innocentvillager wrote:I definitely believe that they are ascetic, I would like,
maybe bet the game on it

I don’t know if have a strong opinion on their a l i g n m e n t specifically gth town tho
i don't even feel bad for being wrong that he was ascetic after all that tbh
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:52 am

all of and only the hyperposters have died so far

not sure if that's a curse or a blessing or both tbh

anyway let's wait for people to weigh in i guess
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:00 am

Hi Starbuck! Are you scum?
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:02 am

Post by Umlaut »

I can't wait to find out postgame what the fuck Guillotina was thinking.

I am, for some reason, not completely 100% convinced that that was a vig shot and not a Mafia kill, even though it makes absolutely no sense for a Mafia kill. I mean we know town can be braindead enough to fakeclaim a guilty as an actual PR, why can't scum be braindead enough to kill the fake redcheck?

(Possible answer: Because there are presumably four of them, and
at least one
would have pointed out what a terrible idea this was. Which is probably true, but I can still think of ways it could go through, possibly if someone put it in at the last second without thinking? Yesterday was a holiday for some of us after all, it's possible none of the scum were even around.)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:04 am

Post by Umlaut »

I'm just inherently skeptical of theories that posit additional killing roles when there's been one kill per night, and I can't decide if the weirdness of Nero's being that kill is enough evidence to overwhelm that skepticism.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:10 am

SCUM who doesn't what to get involved with what he knows to be townie madness:
In post 2465, Insanoflex wrote:Hey all. Still reading up on the game, only about halfway through right now. Might need another day to get fully caught up, trying to speedskim through the game in 24 hours gave me a headache.
TOWNIE:
In post 2469, innocentvillager wrote:to be clear, in normals there is no chance of a guilty cop check on an innocent unless they are miller right? So given guil is truthful and Nero is not Miller, he is CONFIRMED scum?
SCUM who doesn't want this magical opportunity to slip with excessive discussion:
In post 2470, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Making the day longer sucks for the player who knows for sure they are going to die. I've been in that position, and I don't wish it to my worst enemy. If everybody's checked in and had a chance to say their peace, yeet them swiftly and honorably.
SCUM afraid to get compromised in the townie madness:
In post 2504, TheGoldenParadox wrote:i'm caught up insofar as i am actively reading the game but yeah there's not much i want to comment on
TOWNwith critical thinking skills:
In post 2506, Umlaut wrote:So, I've got a big problem with Guillotina's claim and it seems almost so obvious that I feel like I must be missing something here since everyone else believes it.
In post 2436, Guillotina wrote:
HARDCLAIM!!! I'M A 2-SHOT ALIGNMENT COP WITH A BULLETPROOF VEST!!! THE BULLETPROOF VEST WAS USED LAST NIGHT AS SOMEONE TARGETED ME!

I gambled claiming an ascetic modifier counting on scum's arrogance to not NK me just because I was no PR but it didn't work as it seems.

THIS ALSO MEANS THAT THEY GOTTA BE A COUPLE OF VIGILANTES OUT THERE!
I am not aware of any normal role that would know if they were targeted for a kill at night but survived. Under Normal rules, a 1-Shot Bulletproof shouldn't be informed if they were shot at.

Another question:
My redcheck is in this group
and I strongly believe that his partners could be in this group too

Nero Cain
Gamma Emerald
Taylor Swift slot
InnocentVillager
Umlaut
ABR (not as likely but there are a few things that don't match)

Let's hunt scum!
If you targeted someone and therefore knew they were guilty, why would you give us a list like this? If you out and tell us who is guilty, that makes sense. If you wait until later today to out, so that you can see how the day proceeds naturally and how wagons form, that makes sense. But what sense does it make to say "I checked one of these six people"? Including putting one and saying they're
not as likely
... that pretty much gives away that ABR wasn't your target. What even is this claim?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:11 am

In post 2657, Umlaut wrote:I can't wait to find out postgame what the fuck Guillotina was thinking.

I am, for some reason, not completely 100% convinced that that was a vig shot and not a Mafia kill, even though it makes absolutely no sense for a Mafia kill. I mean we know town can be braindead enough to fakeclaim a guilty as an actual PR, why can't scum be braindead enough to kill the fake redcheck?

(Possible answer: Because there are presumably four of them, and
at least one
would have pointed out what a terrible idea this was. Which is probably true, but I can still think of ways it could go through, possibly if someone put it in at the last second without thinking? Yesterday was a holiday for some of us after all, it's possible none of the scum were even around.)
IIoA

Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:12 am

Post by Umlaut »

The kill might make a little sense if scum were worried Nero had a powerful role (they would have assumed he had
some
non-vanilla role after Guillotina's flip) and could either use it against them right away or make such a credible claim that he would survive today after all. I don't think the latter could have actually happened but I could imagine paranoid scum
thinking
it could happen.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:22 am

That makes a lot of sense.
In post 2661, Umlaut wrote:The kill might make a little sense if scum were worried Nero had a powerful role (they would have assumed he had
some
non-vanilla role after Guillotina's flip)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:22 am

VOTE: ABR

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:35 am

In post 2661, Umlaut wrote:The kill might make a little sense if scum were worried Nero had a powerful role
uhh

Nero claimed VT

don't think anyone would think he fakeclaims there as town after being hard guiltied

did you forget he claimed VT or are you taking that into account?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:36 am

i still feel like scum thought he was SK last night, and that guil saw nero visiting guil which was essentially a guilty
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:39 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 2664, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 2661, Umlaut wrote:The kill might make a little sense if scum were worried Nero had a powerful role
uhh

Nero claimed VT

don't think anyone would think he fakeclaims there as town after being hard guiltied

did you forget he claimed VT or are you taking that into account?
Honestly I did forget about that. But if I had been told last night to choose between "Town Nero lied about being VT" and "Town Guillotina completely fabricated a guilty" I think I might pick the former still.
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:47 am

gdi umlaut don't make me townread you for that -_-

last night i was pretty sure Guil tracked Nero and saw Nero visited Guil, that was the ONLY possible explanation (and it's hard to imagine that's not the hypothesis that 3-probably 4 scum put together over the night)

little did i know...

and the explanation you're probably looking for here is that Guil was so certain that Nero was scum they didn't even feel the need to track them. Or they tracked them, got no visit and went "oh but he's still scum". Then of course the arrogance and recklessness to fake the guilty
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:49 am

In post 2659, DrippingGoofball wrote:SCUM who doesn't want this magical opportunity to slip with excessive discussion:
Try again.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:57 am

If you get a cop on me as scum and decide to keep me alive for 2 real life weeks, guess what I'm gonna get replaced.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:04 am

In post 2658, Umlaut wrote:I'm just inherently skeptical of theories that posit additional killing roles when there's been one kill per night, and I can't decide if the weirdness of Nero's being that kill is enough evidence to overwhelm that skepticism.
Same, you said it perfectly.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:14 am

here's some stuff i want to mull over at some point, just sharing in case anyone else thinks this is/isn't a useful exercise

Spoiler: stuff i might try to think about
In post 2436, Guillotina wrote:My redcheck is in this group and I strongly believe that his partners could be in this group too

Nero Cain
Gamma Emerald
Taylor Swift slot
InnocentVillager
Umlaut
1. what was scum thinking about this point?
2. how do they want to interact with the thread at this point?
3. how do they want to position around Nero and Guil, given that they know neither are scum?
4. who actually ended up doing what (between here and next point)?
5. is this analysis useful, if so, who does it point to?
In post 2514, Guillotina wrote:
In post 2506, Umlaut wrote:So, I've got a big problem with Guillotina's claim and it seems almost so obvious that I feel like I must be missing something here since everyone else believes it.
In post 2436, Guillotina wrote:
HARDCLAIM!!! I'M A 2-SHOT ALIGNMENT COP WITH A BULLETPROOF VEST!!! THE BULLETPROOF VEST WAS USED LAST NIGHT AS SOMEONE TARGETED ME!

I gambled claiming an ascetic modifier counting on scum's arrogance to not NK me just because I was no PR but it didn't work as it seems.

THIS ALSO MEANS THAT THEY GOTTA BE A COUPLE OF VIGILANTES OUT THERE!
I am not aware of any normal role that would know if they were targeted for a kill at night but survived. Under Normal rules, a 1-Shot Bulletproof shouldn't be informed if they were shot at.

Another question:
My redcheck is in this group
and I strongly believe that his partners could be in this group too

Nero Cain
Gamma Emerald
Taylor Swift slot
InnocentVillager
Umlaut

Let's hunt scum!
If you targeted someone and therefore knew they were guilty, why would you give us a list like this? If you out and tell us who is guilty, that makes sense. If you wait until later today to out, so that you can see how the day proceeds naturally and how wagons form, that makes sense. But what sense does it make to say "I checked one of these six people"? Including putting one and saying they're
not as likely
... that pretty much gives away that ABR wasn't your target. What even is this claim?
Why do you wanna find out if I still have a BPV?

I lied, I still have it. I wanted to lure mafia into wasting their NK on me but I guess this works too.

My bulletproof vest will work against one attack, if scum wants me out, they'll have to destroy the BPV first.

Do you want a red check claimed now Umlaut? if you are town you'd see that NOT revealing it now is the best play. As of now, I know who is the wolf and they don't know who I checked and right now they don't know what strategy to form and I'll keep it that way. Their only play to not knowing is to try to discredit me like they tried to discredit Pretentious!

I gave you a list like this because that is the list of people I suspect with incriminating ties to the redcheck and if I'm right, I want the wolves to feel despair with not knowing whom of them is outed. I don't believe I have all scum in that list, but I believe that I got at least two.

I will reveal who is the red check towards EoD, I will not let an unconfirmed player die instead of my red check. We are gonna milk this awesome situation for us until we are comfortable with our reads and then fade the outed wolf.

I'm gonna say this! Any push against me specially votes against will be looked upon as if you were scum. I'm a hardclaim cop!
same 5 questions at this point?
In post 2592, Guillotina wrote:
REDCHECK IS NERO CAIN
same 5 questions at this point?
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:06 am

Post by Insanoflex »

...well what the fuck. Guillotina just earned a place on my shit list for that gamethrow.

I had gone in overnight doing analysis on the assumption Nero was confirmed scum and was looking for connections to him. Now I have to throw all that stuff in the trash and start again.
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:18 am

Post by Insanoflex »

In post 2639, TheGoldenParadox wrote:VOTE: nero cain
i'm balancing if this is like... kokusho's gambit from guillotina or if it's just a stupid lie, but to be totally honest nero drove the elimination on pretentious and then posted this after guillotine's supposed redcheck:
In post 2614, Nero Cain wrote:like, I didn't think Guil had to be scum or anything but there's no way to get a guilty on me as I'm not a miller or scum so...
which makes me feel like this is a tmi scumslip and not the town response to an apparent cop guilty.
In post 2641, TheGoldenParadox wrote:oh. fuck. that's embarrassing.

there's.... no way nero could have been the scumkill right? it would have to be a vig?
Is it just me, or does this look faked? Like, am I supposed to believe they opened the thread and laid down a vote without looking up 4 posts to see Nero had died and flipped green? Seems way more like an attempt to look town via acting ignorant than an actual mistake anyone would make.

VOTE: TheGoldenParadox
Insanoflex
Insanoflex
Goon
Insanoflex
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:19 am

Post by Insanoflex »

In post 2659, DrippingGoofball wrote:SCUM who doesn't what to get involved with what he knows to be townie madness:
In post 2465, Insanoflex wrote:Hey all. Still reading up on the game, only about halfway through right now. Might need another day to get fully caught up, trying to speedskim through the game in 24 hours gave me a headache.
You try replacing into a 97 page game, see how easy it is to get caught up.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”