Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:09 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Heyyo!

Okay so I've finished the big project that was weighing me down here and am ready to dive back in here :)

Thank you so much to everyone for giving me that time! I really needed it <3

Looks like El-2 so I've got an uphill battle but we've got lots of time to make this right!

I guess I'll start off looking at the scum wagon from D1 and go from there. If you had any questions addressed to me there's a good chance I'll miss them so please reiterate or quote them. I doubt it'll be much since this is all votes for being vacant from what I can tell, but just in case.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Okay, so starting off, that's one hell of a vote swing between the VCs in and . Looking at replacement times I have to assume Vax replaced into the slot with suspicions high already, so I'm going to take a look at Tsunami's descent into chaos, replacement, and the treatment of the slot upon Vax's replace-in.

I will note that it took almost another 500 posts, half the game at that point, to get the last 2 votes on this slot. Makes me thing there was some scum resistance to the wagon. That, too, will be of great interest in this reading.

Notes around Tsunami/Noraa/72 (WHO IS 72!?!?)/Vax:
Endless Terror/Tayl0r/Shelly said they towntold in and those that follow.
The replace out in probably shouldn't have been read into but I'm glad it was. Iunno what my comment is here tbh.

Spoiler: (probably illegal post based on replacement rules but oh well)
In post 499, Tsunami Slayer wrote:
In post 497, Gypyx wrote:Oh ok, bye then, could we just get some reads before that?

But I kinda agree on the problem tbh, the mech talk is fine, but the pace of the game is really, like, dense
Since you kindly asked and also had a nice goodbye, I shall break my own rule of last post :/
I am 99% sure Endless terror is town.
I agree with my partner that Bell is scum. This is mostly some soulread shit but generally my soul reads aren't bad.
Everyone else is just confusing and I keep mixing them up.
I keep mixing up the Taly/Titus and then the HBB and HUB and the fish. Yeah @_@

-brainfriednornor
I don't believe soulreads from scum.
The Tayl0r Swift town confidence is very interesting considering I already FoS that slot (see below).
The last line name drops HBB, HUB, Pelican heads, and BEF as apparently confusing? I mean, by name I was confused at HBB vs HUB at first but they seem to be diverging which is good. I have NO Clue why BEF is in this mix!?!?

I should say that I despise the votes on Tsunami at replacement. They're lazy, uninspired, and are so easy to place on a scumbuddy because the chances of them going anywhere are slim considering the stance most people take on replacements. They still achieve the optics of being active and scumhunting but are not really anything.
Endless Terror's vote is utter shite and they deliberately did not respond to Gamma when he questioned them on it. Bell's is at least (badly) supported by a statistical replacement bias. But that's almost as bad. FoS on both of these slots. Bad votes. I can maybe give shelly some room for coming back with but Iunn. I'll have to think on that.
In post 533, Gypyx wrote:99% sure bell / tsunami aren't S/S

More content from bell would be appreciated
Do you still believe this with the Tsunami flip? What is your current read on Bell?

Unrelated to the flipped scum slot but not fond of the rolefish in
In post 556, Bell wrote:I think I favor bussing to not bussing. But never d1. As ydrasse can attest from our forest fire game together(I will get pissed if I get associated with a d1 scum flip I had a hand in).
I don't think Noraa or offsuit like being scum. Though yeah, I probably shouldn't get into that due to the angle shoot issue.
Okay, this is interesting. Post was already placed with little backing and this kind of reaffirms the reason for that vote in the assumption that neither head (I assume Offsuit is 72 tho I am still unsure if I know who tf that is) likes playing scum. An admission to being willing to bus but not on D1 is interesting. It reads as a post I could believe.
BUT I also pointed out that the jump onto the wagon was easy and not necessarily serious. Like even with this Bell could jump off and it would be totally reasonable. I don't see conviction behind the vote so I'm not writing off interactions yet.
I appreciate his noting my schooling tho <3 Thanks Bell, you're a good guy!
In post 559, Endless Terror wrote:
In post 540, The Pelican Brief wrote:Is Bell a busser?
not sure but its irrelevant as bell is town
Iunno, it's just...there's posts that are making be really think a Bell/ShellET/Tsunami Vaxxer scumteam is possible.
I guess I know where Imma be looking next!

Uggh TGP please tell me there's more to this vote!
In post 575, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:zzzz wake me when the leading wagon isn't predicated on a replace out
THISSSSSSSSSS

I uh, I think I missed HBB's vote somehow. One sec.

Oh, I see it.
Meh it's the best of the replacement-era votes I suppose.

Reads as I read through but with no reasoning attached:
Gamma - Town
HBB - Nullscum?
HUB - Nulltown?
Shelly/EndlessTerror - Scummy
Sam - Towny
Ydrasse - Towny
Bell - Scummy
BEF - Towny

Cool, so that's the stuff between the mentioned posts and up to Vaxx's replacement.

I'm taking a break now.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:34 am

Post by Aristophanes »

This post is just fluff and throwaway answers to quotes I see while reading up so feel free to skip it.
In post 434, Ydrasse wrote:ari failed the vibecheck when he was around
*Sad Ari*

In post 437, Ydrasse wrote:hopefully they come back and start pumping out posts Soon
While not soon, I'm here now :sweatsmile:
Happy to engage once this catchup is complete! I think you'll be able to read me soon enough.
In post 456, The Pelican Brief wrote:
Ariiii
iiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii <3
, when will you be free so we can chat?

~Taly
Talyyyyyyyyy!!!!! <3

I'm so sorry I missed the chance to interact while you were alive :(
I adore the rainbow name =D
In post 524, Ydrasse wrote:i’m too drunk for this today sorrrrryyyyyy

Spoiler:
In post 536, The Pelican Brief wrote:
Meanwhile in the Hydra PT

"Boy, you can say anything you wanna
I don't give a shit, no one else can have you
I want you back, want you back
Want you, want you back
UGH
GHG
HHG
HG!
?!?
"

"..."

"OH HOLY FUCK YOU CAME OUT OF NOWHERE I-"

"I usually step away for the weekend. You are the main head for that time."

"oh shit, we sure that's good for everybody's health?

titus?

I broke it off thinking you'd be crying
Now I feel like, shit, looking at you now flying
I want you back, want you back
Want you, want you back
UGHG
HGHGH
GHHGH
GHHGHG
HHH!?!
?!??!??!?!
"

~taly
Taly, I adore you XD XD
In post 545, samantha97 wrote:nicorobin nicorobin nicorobin
Is this a summoning chant? If you say NicoRobin's name once for each post they have in the thread they will appear and make another one :P
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:21 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 583, Endless Terror wrote:Tl;dr on Tsunami, im not including the repout for integrity reasons to be a Serious Player that doesnt get modkilled...

- Noraa: fluffposting, only lazy sheeping of 72's reads and not wishy-washy like town!her is at all
- 72: weird Bell/gypyx lockscum reads that arent fleshed out, isn't hitting usual towntells
-shellyc
I'm going to take back my Trio read of Tsunami Vaxxer/Bell/ShellET but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a second one in that trio. I'm gonna look into them next.

Actually, I don't anticipate getting anything out og these pages that I can't glean in Iso or later in the game. Maybe I should just jump to it.

Imma check where the wagons are other than on myself for this phase too, because that should be interesting and tbh I haven't looked that closely...
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:25 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh right, it's HUB who I thought was the townier of the two Birthday accounts.

Alas.

I'll add them to me current reading endeavour and see if I have the stamina for them.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:40 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Okay, so first things of note for Bell

I like their intro to the game. They feel light and their interactions with neither Tsunami nor Terror seem like buddy interactions.

Looking at it in Iso their Tsunami vote actually makes a lot of sense and alleviates a lot of my worries about the slot.

I also really like their pushes on Vax.
And the slot feels n awful lot like they did in Geriatric Trio II which I modded.

I think it's safe to tuck this slot away as town for now.

Inb4 "That was too fast"
Yeah I know, it's based on vote positioning and post composition.
I get a townread.
I'm moving on.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I could easily see TayTay/shelly as scum tbh. I'll maybe do a case another time. I am losing steam and it's not gonna get a good case out of me. But they shaded people like Gamma in the right spots for it to be scumshade and Iunno what to think of the Commuter claim as I haven't really read that part. But the way they go about it feels odd. Plus interactions with Tsunami etc etc.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:36 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I guess I promised I'd read HUB too.

Instead of that, can someone give me a case summary? :) <3
- Jingle
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:44 am

Post by samantha97 »

just for clarity, did you read to page 24 and then change to reading iso's, or did you catch up and then double back?
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1608, samantha97 wrote:just for clarity, did you read to page 24 and then change to reading iso's, or did you catch up and then double back?
I read half of the page before switching to Isos, if that's of any help.
- Jingle
samantha97
samantha97
Mafia Scum
samantha97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:51 am

Post by samantha97 »

aw, I was gonna make a joke vote on you again after the wall of text & effort, then unvote

but the last part made me sad, cause it takes less time to read the whole thread than it does to write half of that
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:53 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1609, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1608, samantha97 wrote:just for clarity, did you read to page 24 and then change to reading iso's, or did you catch up and then double back?
I read half of the page before switching to Isos, if that's of any help.
Oh, sorry I think I misread this.

I read up to halfway through 24 but did not catch up on the entire thread. I was going to do a pg 24 to Elim (post what...1066?) but I found that cumbersome and figured it wouldn't give me much.

My Isos were also light reads, as noted. I burned up a lot of motivation in the first bit.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:55 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1610, samantha97 wrote:aw, I was gonna make a joke vote on you again after the wall of text & effort, then unvote

but the last part made me sad, cause it takes less time to read the whole thread than it does to write half of that
Sorry I ruined your plan :(
I do enjoy a good joke vote --> unvote ftr
- Jingle
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:10 pm

Post by Shoshin »

What's your latest take on the game, Sam?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

CAN Y'ALL JUST FUCKING TRUST ME ON ARI??!?!!?!??!??
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1606, Aristophanes wrote:I could easily see TayTay/shelly as scum tbh. I'll maybe do a case another time. I am losing steam and it's not gonna get a good case out of me. But they shaded people like Gamma in the right spots for it to be scumshade and Iunno what to think of the Commuter claim as I haven't really read that part. But the way they go about it feels odd. Plus interactions with Tsunami etc etc.
I could see shelly as scum but until I get a better picture of the setup I'm treating that slot, as well as GPX, as untouchable
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1615, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1606, Aristophanes wrote:I could easily see TayTay/shelly as scum tbh. I'll maybe do a case another time. I am losing steam and it's not gonna get a good case out of me. But they shaded people like Gamma in the right spots for it to be scumshade and Iunno what to think of the Commuter claim as I haven't really read that part. But the way they go about it feels odd. Plus interactions with Tsunami etc etc.
I could see shelly as scum but until I get a better picture of the setup I'm treating that slot, as well as GPX, as untouchable
Noted and appreciated.
I'll keep an FoS on them but will drop them down a level for now.
- Jingle
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:55 pm

Post by Happy Unbirthday Boon »

In post 499, Tsunami Slayer wrote:I agree with my partner that Bell is scum. This is mostly some soulread shit but generally my soul reads aren't bad.
Everyone else is just confusing and I keep mixing them up.
I keep mixing up the Taly/Titus and then the HBB and HUB and the fish. Yeah @_@
I think Ari does a good point in drawing attention to this post. The Bell read doesn't super feel like s/s tbh, although probably not enough to heavily to say it heavily spews him town. The stated conflation of me, HBB, and BEF I don't know what to do with, forcing 'the fish' in there is kinda weird I agree but I don't know what to do with it
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:12 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1540, BrightEyedFish wrote:
In post 1535, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:It's just super weird and awkward because Ari just said he was going to be busy working on a project so I'm not sure why he thought a reaction test at that moment made sense

My fake hammers aren't just for a reaction from who was hammered, its also on how other people react to it. Ari shut it down right away though.
How do you read my reaction to the hammer?
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

i also have a Mini Normal !

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:14 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1553, Happy Unbirthday Boon wrote:given the likelihood there's some non-group scum
Why do you think that?
Show
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:17 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1601, Aristophanes wrote:Do you still believe this with the Tsunami flip? What is your current read on Bell?
I don't really remember why i made that read (i'll try to re-skim in search of reasons) but i'll trust past me and consider bell as town
Show

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Can everyone give a quick summary of their thoughts on Bell?
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:18 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1620, Gypyx wrote:i'll trust past me and consider bell as town
Why did past-you think bell was town?
<Embrace The Void>

Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:19 pm

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1622, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1620, Gypyx wrote:i'll trust past me and consider bell as town
Why did past-you think bell was town?
Read the first half of the post you quoted
Show

bottom text
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:24 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

my patience is limited rn
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”