976: mystyry box of sylvyr I: isis game. day 3

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:37 am

Post by Gypyx »

Also Akarin i'm curious, why did you townread me when you've read my towngames?
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:38 am

Post by Akarin »

I felt like I played such a good town game here and the way this ended just makes me feel like complete shit.

I'm gonna step away for a minute, but Mastina, curb your arrogance please.

And Ari, use your damn brain next time.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 1225, Gypyx wrote:Also Akarin i'm curious, why did you townread me when you've read my towngames?
I discarded that today, but I'd noticed in your previous scumgames that you were interacting with your scumbuddies in particular ways that you weren't doing here.

The other stuff I attributed to you getting less involved in the game due to the D2 slowdown.
SKYEscrapers
SKYEscrapers
Goon
SKYEscrapers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:39 am

Post by SKYEscrapers »

oh i'm sorry
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:40 am

Post by Akarin »

Mastina, I just saw you doing that in that other scum MBoS game too.

And I don't mean the total volume, that's just frustrating and anti-town. I mean the reasoning. I don't think your scum reasoning is as logical as you think it is.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:41 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 1228, SKYEscrapers wrote:oh i'm sorry
WHY DID YOU VOTE
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Akarin »

The real red flag should have been that Doctor soft on D1 survived until endgame.

Which I was gonna say after I got done the post I was in the middle of writing.
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:42 am

Post by Gypyx »

In post 1227, Akarin wrote:
In post 1225, Gypyx wrote:Also Akarin i'm curious, why did you townread me when you've read my towngames?
I discarded that today, but I'd noticed in your previous scumgames that you were interacting with your scumbuddies in particular ways that you weren't doing here.

The other stuff I attributed to you getting less involved in the game due to the D2 slowdown.
Like, what kind of way? (Sorry if i'm asking too much)
White Flag : Carebear Edition is ongoing ! (13/13) hit me up if you wanna get on the priority replacement list / spectate

bottom text
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:43 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1221, Akarin wrote:Mastina, I seriously don't think you were anywhere near as towny as you think you were.
Oh but I was.
Like I said.
If you think this game is my typical scumgame: enjoy mislynching me in literally every towngame I ever have ever in my life because this game is not typical of my scumgame; this game is very much the exception to the general scumastina rule. This game was very much me in my town meta, by and large. There were small things not matching my towngame, but MOSTLY, this was my towngame.
In post 1222, Akarin wrote:They really aren't that logical
And what wasn't logical about them?

Because they were in fact based on clear logic and mechanical deductions.

There was some, not-alignment-indicative, self-serving aspects of them, painting myself as town because I 'knew' I was town and was under attack so needed to prove that I was 'town', but nothing I argued was, logically, actually wrong, and nothing was an actual misrep.

I didn't misrep the setup and I didn't misrep you or Dunn or my own claim.
In post 1222, Akarin wrote:Besides, you'd just make a lot of noise and get SKYE/Gypyx (whichever was town) to skim over the argument.
Nothing I said was noise. It was all fact and logical arguments. Presenting it as noise is YOU misrepping ME.

Like I said.

If you pushed me for these in 9/10 games.

Actually more like in 97/100 games.

You'd be pushing me as town.
And Ari recognized that because he's made the mistake before.
It's just that this was the 3/100 where it happened to be me as scum SOMEHOW pulling out a godly-good mimic of my towngame. This is not typical scumastina.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Akarin »

Gypyx: I don't know if I can explain it well, it was a lot more clear when I was looking at your scumgames side by side, but a sort of nitpicking their arguments in a way I wasn't seeing you do in the town games, that you did with scumbuddies.
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 am

Post by tris »

we shouldn't have rushed this. i was too lazy i guess
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Akarin »

Mastina, as a reviewer/random commenter on games I think you are a very fun person to talk to, but your arrogance as a player is infuriating
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Akarin »

ARI DID NOT FUCKING THINK
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:47 am

Post by tris »

it's my fault too. we agreed on that vote
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:47 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1226, Akarin wrote:I felt like I played such a good town game here and the way this ended just makes me feel like complete shit. I'm gonna step away for a minute, but Mastina, curb your arrogance please.
Respectfully: Back at you.

I have the right to feel I played a good scumgame here because most of my scumgames are
not
this good and the way Dunnstral was basically mod-confirmed made me feel like complete shit. Because the mod invalidated half of my argument and publicly confirmed that Dunnstral was Loud, publicly confirmed that Dunnstral targeted DT N1, and by proxy, confirmed that Dunnstral was not blocked N1, all things town would not have known otherwise.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:51 am

Post by Akarin »

I'm not saying you didn't play a good game Mastina, I'm saying you are not some perfect player who can never be read and I don't agree that all your arguments make sense but I just don't have the energy to engage with this respectfully right now, or possibly the energy to engage with you about the walls at all.

I've started and deleted a bunch of posts that I don't want to say because I think they're motivated more by frustration and anger than actual thoughts.

But your arrogance is really infurating.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Akarin »

And despite that, I love reading a lot of posts you make on the site, especially when you're a spectator in games. And I've read so many of the Normal Review threads. Like I don't want you to think I hate you as a person or anything.

But right now I keep wanting to say I do.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:53 am

Post by Akarin »

Like I'm mad at Ari for the needless early vote, but it's you making me feel like shit, Mastina.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Akarin »

And I don't think you played a bad game. I think you played a good game, for the record.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:55 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1229, Akarin wrote:Mastina, I just saw you doing that in that other scum MBoS game too.
No?

In the first MBOS scumgame, the only game in the series other than this one where I've been scum, I never made posts like I made in this game.

There's a night and day difference between MBOS1 and this game in terms of the type of content I was posting.

MBOS1 was dull, lifeless, passionless. I had no fire to me because I was scum and everything I was doing was faked. I was muted, I was largely in the background doing nothing and letting the town be left to its own devices.

This game I had passion, I had fire, and while some was faked, I managed to also largely convince myself I was town arguing a town stance. I was in the foreground, actively trying to 'solve', and was not leaving the town to its own devices. I was genuinely reaching out to players and trying to work with them and trying to coordinate them and get them to see the townness in others.

This is not typical scumastina reasoning, logic, or anything.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:08 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1236, Akarin wrote:Mastina, as a reviewer/random commenter on games I think you are a very fun person to talk to, but your arrogance as a player is infuriating
Again, Akarin: back at you.
YOU are being arrogant here.

Ari did think. He has experience with my towngame and experience with my scumgame and recognized that this game was closer to the former than to the latter--because it WAS.

YOU thinking it wasn't, insisting that this is clearly my scumgame, that this is something I clearly OBVIOUSLY always do as scum, when I
don't
, is simply wrong.

You're blaming Ari for voting you rather than me off of 'not thinking', when he did think. He thought of how he had previously advocated for my death when I was town making the same sorts of arguments I was making this game. And that towngame where I made those arguments was not me playing to my scum meta as town; that towngame was a typical towngame of mine. So me displaying those same things this game (something I've never managed to do as scum before), is something that he thought was town. Because usually it is. (And in, presumably, any game going forward, will probably continue to be.)
In post 1240, Akarin wrote:I'm not saying you didn't play a good game Mastina, I'm saying you are not some perfect player who can never be read and I don't agree that all your arguments make sense
And the assessment that I am not some perfect player who can never be read is one I agree with!

I am, usually, quite easy to read! I am usually quite obvious when I am scum, and when I am obviously scum I will readily admit it. When I am obviously scum I will fully confess to the fact that, yes, I was indeed obviously scum.

But if you think that I was obviously scum this game: no, I wasn't.

I am, usually, quite easy to read; this game specifically, however, it was not hard to incorrectly read me as town because the fire and passion I had this game is the hallmark of my towngame. (I loathe being scum and it quite often shows.)

I've not bragged about my scumgame in over two years, for good reason. I've felt I had no right to, due to being lackluster in those scumgames.

But this IS a scumgame that I feel, yes, I have the right to be proud of, because I do feel, yes, that this was a scumgame where I basically destroyed two years' worth of towntells that were explicitly behaviors I display only as town.

I am not being arrogant here when saying your reasons were wrong--I respect that your read was right, but it was explicitly right for the wrong reasons.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Akarin »

I'm extra frustrated because I had like 10 tabs open and a bunch of stuff I wanted to say and nowhere
near
enough time to address all the stuff I needed to with a suspicion that most of it didn't matter and tons of time on the clock to do it and I didn't get a chance to make a case.

And I think it's absurd to insist that you were so good there was no reason I should have been able to
make my argument
for being town or for you being scum.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:11 am

Post by Akarin »

Like you are not so good that the game was such a forgone conclusion that there was no point in me trying, and that's what it seems like you're saying
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:13 am

Post by Akarin »

Or maybe it was and I don't know why I bother then
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:14 am

Post by mastina »

(It should also say something that, for instance, TGP said that my play looked the same this game as it did in the MBOS large where I was playing basically as town. It's actually remarkably apt a comparison. In that game I was playing basically as town but was technically not so wasn't 100% exactly playing as I do when town. So it being similar to this game means that in this game I was playing basically as I do when town, but wasn't 100% exactly playing as I do when town because I wasn't. I wasn't town here, but I was playing very close to how I would if I were.)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”