Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:38 am

Post by Smoke and Mirrors »

In post 4298, Infinity 324 wrote:No but you’re doing a pretty good job setting up to vote me after nancy called me obvtown.
Nothing you’re doing today has been remotely townie. Your misrepping most of my posts, you pushing me who has no chance of being redirector. Your pushing NM who whose role we know Dunn confirmed and now you’re apparently okay with executing Davez - a slot you say you’re tr over SS? How do you expect me to townread you for any of that?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I play a lot of magic the gathering, and one thing that’s important in that game is to play to your outs. Meaning, if you have a very low chance to win a game, you ignore the worst-case scenarios since you’re never going to win those anyway and play to win the best-case scenario. In this case, it’s very possible that we just can’t win if dave is town, since I’ll never be able to convince him to vote you. Also, hoopla is the closest thing to a consensus townread we have. Since town has to vote together, I want to be voting with hoopla today. I may think the redirector gambit is a possibility, but I don’t think I’ll be able to convince hoopla to vote you, n_m, or bird today, so it’s better to vote s_s, who I know is scum if the gambit didn’t happen. I explained my logic for why the redirector gambit is a reasonable possibility in my head—it’s one of the only things that explains the peta kill, which would force a false 1v1 in that case. n_m not neighborizing someone also looks suspicious, especially since no they neighborized the n3 kill on n3.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:44 am

In post 4297, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:
In post 4287, Infinity 324 wrote:Fair enough, but it does make me want to elim S&M more. Regardless, I guess that’s not happening today.

Are you still on dave?
I feel like dave is town but I’m not sure we can win anyway if dave is town, so I could be convinced to vote there
Lolwut

Are you scum here @Infinity?
In post 4298, Infinity 324 wrote:No but you’re doing a pretty good job setting up to vote me after nancy called me obvtown.
This is Elo and you are seriously saying you’re okay with executing a player you’re tr. Now if you’re were actually paranoiaing on Davez, no that wouldn’t be scummy but you say you’re tr him. I just get the sense that you’re okay with executing pretty much anyone but you or SS. Am I wrong about that because that’s how your play today has been reading to me.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:46 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I think the chance we win the game if dave is town is incredibly low, and if I’m still alive on d6/7 I will likely end up having to vote him for that reason anyway.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:51 am

In post 4301, Infinity 324 wrote:I play a lot of magic the gathering, and one thing that’s important in that game is to play to your outs. Meaning, if you have a very low chance to win a game, you ignore the worst-case scenarios since you’re never going to win those anyway and play to win the best-case scenario. In this case, it’s very possible that we just can’t win if dave is town, since I’ll never be able to convince him to vote you. Also, hoopla is the closest thing to a consensus townread we have. Since town has to vote together, I want to be voting with hoopla today. I may think the redirector gambit is a possibility, but I don’t think I’ll be able to convince hoopla to vote you, n_m,
or bird
today, so it’s better to vote s_s, who I know is scum if the gambit didn’t happen. I explained my logic for why the redirector gambit is a reasonable possibility in my head—it’s one of the only things that explains the peta kill, which would force a false 1v1 in that case. n_m not neighborizing someone also looks suspicious, especially since no they neighborized the n3 kill on n3.
Holy shit, now you’re even throwing BB out there as well? My God, you’re seriously saying that the only player you refuse to vote out is Hoopla.

The whole reason your reasoning sounds so icky is that Dunn confirmed NM’s role and you seem to either be ignoring that or not seeing how it’s impossible for NM to be redirector. And why BB, you think what, him and NM switched scum roles here or what?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Yes that is the redirector gambit idea. I don’t want to elim bird, but if I was convinced the gambit happened, he would be a possible elim. It’s not impossible for n_m to be redirector and this has been explained multiple times.

Truth is, I really don’t want to elim someone who reads town every time they post to me, but logically s_s is just scum here.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:57 am

How can NM possibly be redirector when no one else has CC’d his neighbourizer claim? Unless you’re arguing that NM/BB/Us are the team or did I totally misread your post?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:57 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

There could be a different scum who is neighborizer (bird or hoopla)
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:00 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

This is Alex Jones territory
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:00 am

In post 4305, Infinity 324 wrote:Yes that is the redirector gambit idea. I don’t want to elim bird, but if I was convinced the gambit happened, he would be a possible elim. It’s not impossible for n_m to be redirector and this has been explained multiple times.

Truth is, I really don’t want to elim someone who reads town every time they post to me, but logically s_s is just scum here.
But you have made it extremely clear you would vote me out over SS if you got the votes and you have been pushing mainly on me and NM. You have hardly been pushing SS today at all and now you’re suddenly doubling down on that because I’m calling you out on that?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:03 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

When it’s confirmed that at least one absurd conspiracy happened, I think I’m justified in channeling Alex Jones.

PEdit: I voted s_s because hoopla wanted to resolve the 1v1 today. Doesn’t have anything to do with you.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:03 am

In post 4307, Infinity 324 wrote:There could be a different scum who is neighborizer (bird or
hoopla
)
Wow, now Hoopla, after I just literally called you out on throwing everyone in the playerlist out there except her? :lol:
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Are we playing the game of “list every player infinity mentions in his posts”? There’s zero possible way you could interpret that as me shading hoopla.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:09 am

In post 4307, Infinity 324 wrote:There could be a different scum who is neighborizer (bird or
hoopla
)
In post 4301, Infinity 324 wrote: Also,
hoopla is the closest thing to a consensus townread we have
. Since town has to vote together, I want to be voting with hoopla today. I may think the redirector gambit is a possibility, but I don’t think I’ll be able to convince hoopla to vote you, n_m, or bird today
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:10 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Did I say that hoopla was remotely likely to be the scum neighborizer or?
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:12 am

In post 4312, Infinity 324 wrote:Are we playing the game of “list every player infinity mentions in his posts”? There’s zero possible way you could interpret that as me shading hoopla.
How is you literally proposing that Hoopla could be neighbourizing scum constitute “mentioning” to you?
Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:14 am

In post 4314, Infinity 324 wrote:Did I say that hoopla was remotely likely to be the scum neighborizer or?

You just suggested that she or BB could possibly be neighbourizing scum with NM. Are you saying I misread that?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:17 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Never said it was a likely possibility at all, just that it could theoretically happen. I’ve been pretty clear throughout the day that bird is the player I suspect for that much more.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:00 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Honestly I don’t believe that pooky ever convinced you to vote mena. Mena was obvtown as hell on play and no one ever denied that. You just wanted an excuse to save s_s.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Smoke and Mirrors
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Smoke and Mirrors
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:44 am

In post 4318, Infinity 324 wrote:Honestly I don’t believe that pooky ever convinced you to vote mena. Mena was obvtown as hell on play and
no one ever denied that
. You just wanted an excuse to save s_s.
In post 4125, the worst wrote:
vote count 4.20

Menalque (5):
Not_Mafia, davesaz, Something_Smart, Smoke and Mirrors, petapan
Something_Smart (3):
Menalque, Best Bird, Hoopla
petapan (1):
Infinity 324

Not voting
:

Deadline: (expired on 2020-11-26 17:00:00)

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- quack
It looks to me like you are the one who’s doing that. You just keep saying things that are clearly untrue. Mena didn’t get misexexecuted because he was “obvtown as hell”.

And yes he did change my mind by making me see that it was stupid of me to ignore the possibility that no kill happened because of Lillith jk. But sure keep twisting that like you did nearly all of my posts yesterday.

Why are you trying so hard to push me over fypov a slot that has the most odds of being redirector other than you? :igmeou:

And if you’re so convinced it has to be SS, then wtf is up with all of this scum neighbourizer thing you keep pushing? You know I did the exact same thing as scum in Undertale. I kept hardpushing Maria hydra but did everything possible to avoid voting there. I wanted that slot executed but didn’t want to get blood on my hands and PB nailed me on that dead to rights and I froze because I had no idea how to recover from that. I can link you to that game if you’re interested?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:50 am

Post by the worst »

vote count 5.03

Something_Smart (1)
: Infintiy 324
Infinity 324 (1)
: Something_Smart

Not voting
: davesaz, Best Bird, Hoopla, Smoke and Mirrors, Not_Mafia

Deadline: (expired on 2020-12-05 14:00:00)

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

mod notes
:
- prodding Best Bird
- quack
Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:52 am

Post by Best Bird »

Just waiting for my promised hammertime.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Fypov obviously the no kill happened because of the lilith JK. But you ignored the possibility that mena was targeted by a night kill.
In post 3934, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:It probably doesn’t change anything though because unless there’s literally a hard guilty, I base my votes mainly on play.
This doesn't match up with your actions. I asked you multiple times to look at a key spot where mena was obvtowning but you either didn't do that or you ignored the fact that mena was obvtown by play. It wasn't a hard guilty. Hoopla gave some good reasons in for why mena could've been NKed.
In post 4319, Smoke and Mirrors wrote:Why are you trying so hard to push me over fypov a slot that has the most odds of being redirector other than you?
I also base my reads on play, and s_s has played pretty towny imo. That doesn't change now that I know he's scum (I'm sure scum would've quickhammered by now).
In post 4319, Smoke and Mirrors wrote: And if you’re so convinced it has to be SS, then wtf is up with all of this scum neighbourizer thing you keep pushing?
In post 4301, Infinity 324 wrote:hoopla is the closest thing to a consensus townread we have. Since town has to vote together, I want to be voting with hoopla today. I may think the redirector gambit is a possibility, but I don’t think I’ll be able to convince hoopla to vote you, n_m, or bird today, so it’s better to vote s_s, who I know is scum if the gambit didn’t happen.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:55 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 4196, davesaz wrote:My choice will probably be the opposite of Best Bird's choice.
Also, since dave will probably be the deciding vote here, can we not do this? I'm pretty sure both of you are town.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Best Bird
Best Bird
Goon
Best Bird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:57 am

Post by Best Bird »