MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1325 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=84823&user_select%5B%5D=22566

Alchemist I am referencing this game if you’re curious.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1326 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1323, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1320, Alchemist21 wrote:@Mathblade, why did you crumb so hard yesterday to the point of practically claiming?
Because that’s how hard I usually crumb and people don’t see it. There’s a recently completed game where I was town bp weak doctor and did it in a specific way to help my top townread ABr. Here Titus was in the game and I am her literal Achilles heel and the majority of her scum reads were my slot and mason buddy. If she was town she needed to readjust as she is a vocal player, so it was designed for her specifically.
Ok I guess? I just thought you looked more like someone begging to get NK’d rather than an actual Mason, and if that’s what you were doing then Ranny was scum going along with it.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1327 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:06 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1324, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I have the soft guilty
You said Not Vanilla? How's that at all a soft guilty?

You did this AFTER you changed your role claim.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1328 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1320, Alchemist21 wrote:@Mathblade, why did you crumb so hard yesterday to the point of practically claiming?
Because that’s how hard I usually crumb and people don’t see it. There’s a recently completed game where I was town bp weak doctor and did it in a specific way to help my top townread ABr. Here Titus was in the game and I am her literal Achilles heel and the majority of her scum reads were my slot and mason buddy. If she was town she needed to readjust as she is a vocal player, so it was designed for her specifically.

this is exactly why Math would make the mason play as scum, by the way.

I don't really think it was that incredibly thought out, but I respect the play itself, and that's how you get cleaner with them.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1329 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by MathBlade »

With masons a good way to verify that claim is to look at the other suspected masons iso. They will either do a crumb or something like that to show masons. For your theory to be valid Alch it would have to be before I replaced in as Ranny mentioned masons. So scum would either have to have planned a mason fake claim before I was here. The simpler answer and the correct one is we are masons.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1330 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1328, Flavor Leaf wrote:

I don't really think it was that incredibly thought out, but I respect the play itself, and that's how you get cleaner with them.
The problem with your proposition that I am scum is I would have had to have thought of it before I replaced in which would require cheating which I would not do.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1331 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:09 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1329, MathBlade wrote:With masons a good way to verify that claim is to look at the other suspected masons iso. They will either do a crumb or something like that to show masons. For your theory to be valid Alch it would have to be before I replaced in as Ranny mentioned masons. So scum would either have to have planned a mason fake claim before I was here. The simpler answer and the correct one is we are masons.
Ranny's posts did not help. I don't believe they did any stuff like that.

We also had an incredibly short Day 1, so this isn't true.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1332 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1330, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1328, Flavor Leaf wrote:

The problem with your proposition that I am scum is I would have had to have thought of it before I replaced in which would require cheating which I would not do.
Day 1 lasted like 2 days. I think you guys could have checked to make sure you didnt have any countering points, but I dont think it was a preplanned gambit.

I think that's why you think it was a safe play and why you feel the need to defend it so vigorously.
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1333 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:14 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

NPOM if your town you are playing this horrifically badly.

anyways hi guys, this wagon on me is dumb and Ranny is scum for trying to say I claimed when I never fuckin did?

VOTE: Rannygazoo
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1334 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

What is your purpose here Flavor?

Let’s assume you’re right. You’re not but let’s consider this.

We know there has to be a scum in NPOM or Outer right.

Shading me doesn’t help that goal. In no world do we elim anyone else.

I have a hunch as to what is happening and why you’re doing it but I need Titus on to confirm.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1335 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:17 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1329, MathBlade wrote:With masons a good way to verify that claim is to look at the other suspected masons iso. They will either do a crumb or something like that to show masons. For your theory to be valid Alch it would have to be before I replaced in as Ranny mentioned masons. So scum would either have to have planned a mason fake claim before I was here. The simpler answer and the correct one is we are masons.
Tbh I don’t think Ranny’s post was much of a crumb. I also don’t get why neither of you died unless scum knew Masons wasn’t the case.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1336 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1335, Alchemist21 wrote:
Tbh I don’t think Ranny’s post was much of a crumb. I also don’t get why neither of you died unless scum knew Masons wasn’t the case.
I have a theory as to why but I need Titus on so I can ID the third scum properly.

It’s mainly one of four worlds. I would like to have this solved or at least narrowed before nightfall.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1337 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1334, MathBlade wrote:What is your purpose here Flavor?

I have a hunch as to what is happening and why you’re doing it but I need Titus on to confirm.
if it helps, I can link you to Ilicit Substances where it was me essentially keeping Cabd/Ffery hydra in a cage all game going "if you're scum, i caught you. if you're town, im locking you in a cage, and yeah, we'll just have to get past that and you'll have to solve from in there".

That could be part of it. That game ended up being us sword fighting all game, where they took turns so it'd be a fair fight, and they're honorable, but scum wasn't able to make any sort of action against us in that game.

Then Xenoblade 2 Mafia happened, and we just got to the town reading each other faster.

I have a really good Devil's Advocate Style if I'm back and forth at helping the overall gamestate kinda understand why some people are townie, and some are scummy. Like even if I'm wrong somewhere, I expect by just fighting hard, the truth will come out. We start to figure out who is correct, and that's fine, we get different sides of the game, ya know. Different pieces of the puzzle to see from.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1338 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

I think it's safe to say there are not two neos and we did not get opposing vanilla results
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1339 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:23 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 1334, MathBlade wrote: We know there has to be a scum in NPOM or Outer right.
Why do you think this? NPOM is claiming Neapolitan. If he is town then all that result means is I'm not a VT.

Like, I think NPOM is scummy all game but even I have to admit that thinking that one of is confscum is stupid.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1340 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Math - I am playing Devil's Advocate, is what I'm saying I have a hard tendency to take the opposite side, so if you are town, this is what is likely happening, and what I'm trying to have you understand from my POV.

I'm aware I could be just tunneling, but I think you should see that from my POV, there definitely is all the evidence there for me to think you could be fake mason claiming.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1341 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:24 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1338, NoPowerOverMe wrote:I think it's safe to say there are not two neos and we did not get opposing vanilla results

I would say so too.
NoPowerOverMe
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
NoPowerOverMe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1342 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:25 pm

Post by NoPowerOverMe »

Fact that outer does not claim here makes him scum
Mafia Record: Town 4-3 Mafia 0-1 Third Party 1-0 Total 5-4
"NPOM you can do apparently whatever the fuck you want this game." - Alduskkel

Wiki: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... owerOverMe
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 1342, NoPowerOverMe wrote:Fact that outer does not claim here makes him scum
Or I just don't want to out my PR to scum immediately with a contested claim?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1344 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1337, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 1334, MathBlade wrote:What is your purpose here Flavor?

if it helps, I can link you to Ilicit Substances where it was me essentially keeping Cabd/Ffery hydra in a cage all game going "if you're scum, i caught you. if you're town, im locking you in a cage, and yeah, we'll just have to get past that and you'll have to solve from in there".

That could be part of it. That game ended up being us sword fighting all game, where they took turns so it'd be a fair fight, and they're honorable, but scum wasn't able to make any sort of action against us in that game.

Then Xenoblade 2 Mafia happened, and we just got to the town reading each other faster.

I have a really good Devil's Advocate Style if I'm back and forth at helping the overall gamestate kinda understand why some people are townie, and some are scummy. Like even if I'm wrong somewhere, I expect by just fighting hard, the truth will come out. We start to figure out who is correct, and that's fine, we get different sides of the game, ya know. Different pieces of the puzzle to see from.

It’s also why I am not pushing you atm and am trying to convince Ranny not to as well.

To be fair, a majority of the worlds I am considering have you as scum in them. It’s also why I am trying to focus the game on NPOM and Outer. Not only is it the right call to make, we get more that way. By forcing you to talk, if you are scum then it gives town a better chance to see what I do.

If you think I am scum with Ranny (again not true) then pushing me continuously actually weakens your case when you can’t elim me. If I was to fake claim mason I actually die on my sword here and set up a deep wolf. Then two days would be wasted with no content. No content days are best for scum.

If you’re scum you’re not aiming to miselim me as that won’t happen you’re aiming to discredit me.

I am either sure you’re scum or have a severe long game set up and are being intentionally manipulative. The more you talk the more I sort it. The more Ranny has to use.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1345 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1339, OutWorldER wrote:
In post 1334, MathBlade wrote: We know there has to be a scum in NPOM or Outer right.
Why do you think this? NPOM is claiming Neapolitan. If he is town then all that result means is I'm not a VT.

Like, I think NPOM is scummy all game but even I have to admit that thinking that one of is confscum is stupid.
The problem with that is if you’re a PR there becomes a problem of way too much power. It depends on what you are. It has to be taken in context.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1346 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:31 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

@Mathblade - I will HAPPILY eliminate you here. Hold up, what are you talking about?

Does anyone in this game think I would not be 100% on board and helping push it further if a Mathblade wagon was happening?

Like, I'm holding back how hard I wanna push the mason thing right now because that's just not necessary. We are creating better discussion by where we are now on someone I think is likely to be scum as well, and isn't tinfoil.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1347 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1344, MathBlade wrote:If I was to fake claim mason I actually die on my sword here and set up a deep wolf.
I think people say this, but don't actually mean it, like yeah, setup for the deepwolf, but don't plan on going down.

I don't even know where I'm "discrediting you" at, I'm just talkin
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1348 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

all in all, this is a damn good game of mafia, that's why I think I get misfaded some time this game :lol:
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:33 pm

Post by OutWorldER »

In post 1345, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1339, OutWorldER wrote:

The problem with that is if you’re a PR there becomes a problem of way too much power. It depends on what you are. It has to be taken in context.
Not really?

Neighborizer is a very easy to mis-use role. Masons are strong, yes, but if NPOM is telling the truth here he's one of the weakest investigatives in the game with a role modifier that makes it even harder to use. My PR isn't anything totally good either.

Furthermore, Nea gets weaker the more PR's there are in the game. So I think there's plenty of basis to suspect that both of us could be telling the truth.

That said, considering NPOM's play today, I'm kind of doubting it. I'm looking at an NPOM/Ranny scumteam tbh.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”