Post by skitter30 »

Plz no vote elements, they're town

Thanks ffery! I'm maybe rethinking the scumread but i'm still working on it

Prism, you're gonna have to elaborate on the peta bit
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:18 pm

Post by notscience »

I think we table Syry for the day and eliminate Peta. I think we’re both in agreeance here? syrys not going anywhere. Gives chance for investigatives and I do have the smallest hint of hesitation and concern he seems universal a la d1 maid/alisae in illicit. I almost feel like peta is playing politically.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:19 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 1993, Cabd wrote:
In post 1992, Elements wrote:
I just haven't
I've been doing and thinking about other stuff
I'm on the edge of my seat. Go on.
I can tell you what I've done over the past few days if you really want
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Cabd »

Yes, hearing tidbits of people's lives is literally my purpose in life, Elements.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:20 pm

Post by Elements »

In post 2000, skitter30 wrote:Plz no vote elements, they're town
<3
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:30 pm

Post by Cabd »

In post 1660, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1655, fferyllt wrote:Do you have a strong townread? It sounds like if you do, it's Vax? I can't tell how this sorts out to tiers so I can't really tell if I agree with your sorting or not.

What are your thoughts on skitter's me-push?
yeah, probably vax.
back in a bit will get to this, wife aggro
Ripperoni pepperoni.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:31 pm

Post by notscience »

Here lies Bork

We barely knew ye
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:37 pm

Post by petapan »

bork's early gutread on syr made sense. like and as an approach to reading cabd and ffery, noting the strangeness there, is a good post and on review really brings to my attention that ffery gave him a non-answer to his questions, is a good followup, tilt at prism in over getting dogged for something that is frankly fucking insignificant has a real "get off my back" vibe that reminds me of how i react to getting shitpushed. and read genuine. is similar to 956 but i like the way he lays out his thought process here. do not mind being described as "off and weird" in and i felt the observation on cabd commenting on prism was mindmeld-y at the time. looking back it's not quite the same, he just wanted cabd to comment on prism, i thought it was weird cabd had such a muted response to his townread getting run up. but think the frustration there is legitimate when he's getting tunneld and feels like people won't talk to him about it.

throughout his iso he's patiently spitting out takes and is usually making sense. like him quite a bit more after this actually
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:38 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1994, Prism wrote:For some reason I'm still awake, I have a lot to say in the morning to both skitter and peta later about those perspectives which are mostly right

but peta's last sentence is outright scumclaiming

VOTE: petapan
In post 1995, Prism wrote:
In post 1991, petapan wrote:i instinctively townread the way bork reacts with a big ol' WTF to what he's being hit with even though that would probably be genuine as either alignment,
but it can't be helped.
I am hardcalling bullshit that he feels this way, this is instinctive fake nuance garbage
i am beyond disappointed
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:43 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 2001, notscience wrote:I think we table Syry for the day and eliminate Peta. I think we’re both in agreeance here? syrys not going anywhere. Gives chance for investigatives and I do have the smallest hint of hesitation and concern he seems universal a la d1 maid/alisae in illicit. I almost feel like peta is playing politically.
and you think that'd be my approach here why? can you actually answer my question to you in ?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:48 pm

Post by petapan »

might suck air through my teeth and make skitter my last townread then lose sleep over it. elements as the 7th if i am to be poe'd, as i've liked her confidence, explanations on reads have been good
free crypto
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1996, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1993, Cabd wrote:
In post 1992, Elements wrote:
I just haven't
I've been doing and thinking about other stuff
I'm on the edge of my seat. Go on.
It's a townie response, I don't need to know anything else.
<3
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:46 pm

Post by petapan »

all right, just going to keep doing my thing then:

So, on Ben, I don't think effort is the best metric to read him by, and every time he prodges and promises content my estimation there drops. I went back and checked up on his meta, and i don't think a single game sample is a reliable scum baseline? the thing about that game was, his teammate was fucking flavor leaf. the scum PT was never released, and although they didn't have daytalk, it's clear there was some planned, coordinated cross-bussing going. the effort there is because he had motivated teammates working with him. that's not guaranteed to be the case here.

my big issue is, looking at his town games, he's capable of saying things that make sense and here they...don't? the famous reads list was incredibly vague and repetitive, a lot of his arguments i can barely understand what he's saying. i think there's a more than decent chance it's because he's BSing.

still, i'm not advocating for him to be flipped on day 1 - more or less the opposite. that's a low info low value flip. but i think, unless mechanically cleared in someway, you definitely flip him on day 2 or 3. i don't see any other way to handle him this game.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by petapan »

wrt vax, the concerns are lesser but still there. the other day when i decided to look at his iso for whatever reason i can't remember, i noticed that after the initial aggression that got him scumread, he makes an apology in and from there on his posting takes a lot more of a "people-pleaser" vibe - more asking questions, being friendly to people, conversational posting. almost deliberately noncontroversial. so there's a bit of worry there. i also didn't like him trying to force a vote on prism as the "compromise" wagon. he does look somewhat like bored town now, though, so i hesitate, and he might be cleared by some players flipping, so, again, not a good day 1 kill. you don't really learn anything from voting him out now. still i'd disagree with some of the townreads being placed on him. i don't think there's enough to make him above suspicion.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:14 pm

Post by petapan »

i have been posting in this game now off and on for 6 hours. i got so into it i forgot to watch my favorite stream. it's all right though, i'm having fun. opened up way more than i normally would. sorry to anyone who is sick of the junior debate club antics.

anyway, i think at this point in time, with 3 and a half days to deadline, there should be some consolidation of votes, and movement toward getting a claim from someone
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:24 pm

Post by petapan »

oh, uh, i should
probably
commit some words to syr, since last i'd said anything, i liked his swagger somewhere in my reread of pages 20-30, and then i sort of started piling on the momentum on him and put him in my poe, but it's late now. i want to avoid the tendency of just scumreading someone for being inactive because that's bad process but have some things to say there
free crypto
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:33 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1958, notscience wrote:
In post 379, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 378, skitter30 wrote:yay i have caught up

VOTE: elements ama
lol this dude is town

I mean there is like a 1% chance hes white knighting me... but lol, why me?
In post 461, Vaxkiller wrote:Its obvious! (maybe not early on)

As scum I spend most of my time scheming and planning (I love it)

As town I just post EVERY thought and sometimes I get a good game (like this one) and I feel particularly bold and and town the fuck out of it by going over board. There was one boonskies game I played many years ago like that.... we lost tho
How did you go frm the woe is me reasoning behind your skitter read to confident in your play here?
In post 1959, Vaxkiller wrote:How is the first 1 "woe is me"? Like HOW?
In post 1961, notscience wrote:Your first line reads very much as "I will not hold much weight in this game so it doesnt make sense for scum to protect me" which seems like a very pessimistic and antagnostic self-evaluation. This is in contrast to where you called this an *on* game for you.
You are mixing 2 different things. The first post is referring to my ability at playing this game, and I'm admittedly bad at and I realize that, but I still try my best to have fun. No one has ever said the words "Wow Vax really played a good game". I try not to live here tho. No one wants to hear about how I'm not that great, and I really dont want to talk about it all the time either.

THe second post is referring ... hmm maybe your right. lol

I thought I had a thought there and I guess I don't. Me towning the fuck out of a game doesnt really refer to my "gaming ability" as a whole tho. That old boonskies game I referred to... I think we lost, or nearly did so. I did one thing it that game really good which was basically be conf-town, but it allowed scum to cuddle up to me. It was really invigorating because I felt like I was doing good in that game, buuuuut in retrospect I really didnt.

So, I guess there was a change above. If I had to venture a guess it was skitter coming in and confirming my suspicions on elements. Made me feel "validated?".

This is confusing.

On one hand, I think your slot is really scummy. When I knew there was a replacement coming in I thought "there is nothing they can say that will sway my mind about that slot being scummy" and now here we are, and im questioning my previous read. (not because of the above posts, but other reasons).

And now im questioning skitter.
Vaxkiller is not anti-vaccine, he is a killer of Vax machines.

Games played.
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:43 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I still dont like that post you made, I think town would word that differently, but it feels wrong to scum read for just that. I'm still confused on you, but I would not want to fade you today i guess.

Games played.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:48 am

Post by petapan »

In post 2016, Vaxkiller wrote:On one hand, I think your slot is really scummy. When I knew there was a replacement coming in I thought "there is nothing they can say that will sway my mind about that slot being scummy" and now here we are, and im questioning my previous read. (not because of the above posts, but other reasons).
i don't think you've ever explained why you feel that way?
free crypto
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:07 am

Post by notscience »

Can you walk me through your read progression on me, vax?

Peta I’m not ignoring you but I just woke up and want to get to a computer for you.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:36 am

Post by notscience »

With regards to your big long posts I’ve made similar posts as scum and as town before. I’ve seen others do similarly, but that’s besides the point. I could see an argument for NAI.

What scum motivation is there? Creating a peacekeeper “sane voice of reason” persona this game feels like a pretty safe place for scum to occupy.

I’m scumreading you for it because given my experience with you (and I understand the differences between all three games) I found you more apt to give in to emotion and try to leverage it as scum.
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:41 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I am not yeeting petapan, nor should anyone else.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:45 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

@peta

I guess I could iso them and go back over it. Every time I wanted to talk about it, they kept saying that things werent going well IRL, and stuff in the game seemed to effecting them, so I held back my thoughts.

Without reading, I remember they were pushing my beginning play as scummy, while completely ignoring everyone elses beginning play.

@notscience
I was scum reading your slot and I tried to separate you from that. So when you joined, I tried to look at you as being a new person. As a new person in this game, your null so far, but I still have scum feelings for that slot.

Normally I would likely just carry over those scummy feelings for someone that just lurked out and got replaced. But this is a different case.

My read on you bounces around less because of your actions and more on me weighting your predecessors actions vs your actions differently in my head.

Games played.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:55 am

Post by notscience »

Why is peta town dgb?

Vax, I don’t get how your read on me being null would have any effect on my predecessor reading as scummy. Are you saying I’ve improved the read or you have no opinion on anything I’ve done? If it’s no opinion, would you like to engage me and change it?
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:27 am

Post by Prism »

So skitter your model of me is pretty spot on though this is worth giving a minor addendum/correction
In post 1975, skitter30 wrote:- and that in order to sort out/resolve/hash out conflicts in the gamestate, gladiates are useful/important no matter how unpleasant it might be for the game overall and prism themself (this undercurrent runs through *many* of their posts)
So in general I totally agree with peta that stupid powertunnels/gladiates lose games, often even when the person initiating it is right.

Bork and I can't even talk about our reads. The word that kept coming to mind while I thought about how to respond kindly to 1208 was "colossal failure". If bork is town I really see no way to communicate about our reads. Maybe this was fixable at some point, or will be in the far future, but at the time of this post I spent
hours
racking my brain for a solution only to come up with nothing.

This is what prompted my "exception over the rule" remark, and was the point of 1654. He might be town but it's just not fixable without us flipping, and I'd rather sooner than later.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”