Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2000 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1999, BrightEyedFish wrote:Most people didn't see it like I did but I was 100% sold on Vax with that scum slip I have already mentioned.
I wasn't in this game at that time, but I've played games with town you mislynching while I literally carried the town to victory, so I dunno what to tell you. I was on an alt so you won't remember this.
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2001 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:14 pm

Post by Happy Unbirthday Boon »

oooh what was your alt
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2002 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:16 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Haha I will consider revealing this if BEF votes Gamma.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2003 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:18 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2000, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1999, BrightEyedFish wrote:Most people didn't see it like I did but I was 100% sold on Vax with that scum slip I have already mentioned.
I wasn't in this game at that time, but I've played games with town you mislynching while I literally carried the town to victory, so I dunno what to tell you. I was on an alt so you won't remember this.
I am pretty sure I have never had a perfect town game with only scum fades. Or at least not in recent memory.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2004 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:19 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

I feel like saying, if I work with you now and you miss would you work with me later. But I have done that proposal several times and no one ever keeps their word on it.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2005 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:35 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2003, BrightEyedFish wrote:
I am pretty sure I have never had a perfect town game with only scum fades. Or at least not in recent memory.
My most recently completed town game is a perfect game, for reference.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2006 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:40 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2005, Shoshin wrote:
In post 2003, BrightEyedFish wrote:
My most recently completed town game is a perfect game, for reference.
Mini Normal 2177? Was a perfect town game but you were killed N1.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2007 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:42 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I was killed because I derailed popular wagon on town, led lynch on scum, and correctly read other scum as scum. Townies expressly followed my reads on subsequent days to lynch the last scum.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2008 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:44 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Golden was in that game, & it's the reason he scumread me here. He thinks (or thought) my play here was underwhelming compared with that game.
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2009 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:45 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2007, Shoshin wrote:I was killed because I derailed popular wagon on town, led lynch on scum, and correctly read other scum as scum. Townies expressly followed my reads on subsequent days to lynch the last scum.
Nice work there but I still don't want to go Gamma. Anyone in Ari, Bell or Gyp you are considering to fade?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2010 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:49 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1986, Ydrasse wrote:there's a moment in gamma's iso where he's asking why people are voting a slot that was repping out but then he sticks right back on vax acting scummy.

like, i guess the way i'm reading it is that gamma just wanted people to have a /reason/ for people to vote vax.
What specific post do you think is towny from Gamma?
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2011 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:20 pm

Post by shellyc »

shoshin can you give me the gist of the ~case~ on gamma, not just how gamestate-wise gamma fits as scum here?
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
shellyc
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
shellyc
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2012 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:22 pm

Post by shellyc »

shoshin wants gamma
BEF defends gamma

what if I think this might be t/t/t because it feels like y'all are being stubborn/insistent to an extent where I don't really expect this from scum
"I really dig your cult leadery charismatic vibes" - Hectic

We live in a twilight world. And there are no friends at dusk.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2013 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:33 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2012, shellyc wrote:shoshin wants gamma
BEF defends gamma

what if I think this might be t/t/t because it feels like y'all are being stubborn/insistent to an extent where I don't really expect this from scum
BEF's just pocketed.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2014 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:08 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 2011, shellyc wrote:shoshin can you give me the gist of the ~case~ on gamma, not just how gamestate-wise gamma fits as scum here?
I don't know what you mean by "gamestate."

Let's start with who the town are. You're town. I'm town. I also read Golden, HBB, Bell, Ydrasse, BEF, and HUB as town. The poe leaves Gamma/Ari/Gypyx/Sam.

I'm happy to clarify why these players are town if you don't understand.

Gypyx/Sam are scummy behavior-wise, but I'm bracketing this today. If you assume they're town because of role, then you need to look at who's left. I'd rather leave them alive for now while we collect more information about the setup. If scum are able to kill commuters, that lends more credence to all of commuter claims being town. If scum can't kill commuters, then we need to look closer at these players. For today, I'm bracketing.

Gamma & Ari don't have anything towny about them. Ari isn't actively scummy, just unengaged. The interesting point, though, is that Gamma has come out defending Ari like he knows Ari's alignment. It's almost mason-tell level if you assume they're town. Gamma's reasoning doesn't square with the boldness & confidence of Gamma's read. This is the first thing that concerned me about Gamma.

If you assume Gamma's town, how do you explain his behavior? The early vote on Tsunami looks like an inspired read, but the rest of his play around Vax felt hollow. He's a townie who doesn't care too much about what happens, just letting others control the game. But then he suddenly thinks Ari is so town that now he cares a lot & begs people to trust his Ari read. This highlights for me the strength of Gamma's read on Ari. It's out of character for him, so if Gamma's town, it's worth sheeping this read. I strongly believe in sheeping my teammates when they're this confident about a read. If Gamma's town, you also have to believe that he misreads me as scum based in behaviors I do in every game. I'm not sure how to explain it. You also have to believe Gamma is okay with mislynching me without any caution despite his past experiences with mislynching me, which strains credulity. But let's say he doesn't have any regrets or human emotions when it comes to killing me, despite knowing I'm a town asset. Okay.

Compare this to a scum profile. Gamma votes Tsunami early on based on bullshit reasons to create some distancing. Scum don't expect this wagon to take off the way it did, or for Tsunami to implode the way they did. Lots of players would say Nora is strong scum who is unlikely to get lynched D1, for example. So Gamma tries some early distancing. When the Tsunami wagon takes off, he keeps his vote on his partner (doesn't want to look suspicious so he's hedging) but attacks YOU for voting Tsunami. Your reasoning was really good, but he gaslights and tries to pretend the only reasons are angleshoot. He can't take his vote off Vax anymore but he certainly doesn't drive the wagon. If there had been a viable CW, he'd jump on that. But none materializes. So the he kills Titus, who was suspecting Gamma most of D1 and was probably making life very exhausting and difficult for scum Gamma. Then D2. He's just blah blah blah, nothing happening, very underwhelming play, letting town kill themselves as scum like to do. He takes the opportunity to pocket townies where he can -- BEF for example. Then he gets the opportunity to build a wagon on biggest town threat (me) and immediately jumps on it. Can't leave me alive, I don't lose games when scum do that. His reasoning is clear bullshit to anyone who knows me, but nobody knows me well here except HUB, who joins me in Gamma. I dunno how to explain this better. Gamma immediately flipped his read on Sam after the claim, which doesn't feel natural to me. There wasn't any questioning or concern. Gamma isn't sorting me in good faith. Gamma's the most likely to kill Pelican. What more can I say?

Town Gamma profile doesn't square up. It doesn't fit, and if it does, we definitely shouldn't lynch Ari. Scum Gamma is consistent with Gamma pocketing Ari or defending a partner. Scum feel a lot more pressure to defend partners when they lose a teammate on D1. Scum Gamma feels this pressure, clearly. That's my take.
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Happy Unbirthday Boon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2015 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by Happy Unbirthday Boon »

Why do I feel like this fade is going to get decided in a flurry as soon as I go to sleep lol
BrightEyedFish
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
BrightEyedFish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2016 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by BrightEyedFish »

In post 2014, Shoshin wrote: The poe leaves Gamma/Ari/Gypyx/Sam.
Are you interested in fading Ari or Gyp instead of Gamma?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2017 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:28 am

Post by Shoshin »

Gamma is a much higher percentage, BEF. Why don't you understand this?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2018 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:11 am

Post by Shoshin »

I'm concerned that Golden's ignoring this game.
Happy Birthday Boonskiies
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2019 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Happy Birthday Boonskiies »

Okay, in Shoshin I trust.
VOTE: Gamma

I still don't know why you've got BEF as town but I'm happy with an Ari or Gamma launch today. Ari because he has far less motivation to play this game than others, that's the only reason really for him. Gamma because of what's been mentioned about the weird way he position around the scumwagon and talked about it.

I just assumed he was town for much of earlier for the effort he was putting in without reading much of it, that was probably a mistake.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2020 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:18 am

Post by Bell »

10 hours. Would prefer BEF,
I'll be here to hammer if needed.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2021 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Happy Birthday Boonskiies »

Having read the case on Gamma, it's pretty convincing regarding always voting Gamma before Ari. Happy with my vote.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2022 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Bell »

VOTE: Gamma Emerald
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #2023 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:40 am

Post by Bell »

E-3.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2024 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:59 am

Post by Ydrasse »

hhhhhh

VOTE: gammaVOTE:

the case against him makes sense and i guess my read on him was more about good tone and attitude but just if you guys wanna flip to bef i’ll go for it but we don’t have a lot of time to do that shoshin please be town
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”